• 60 results
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

The first thing we thought of when we saw the latest variant cover to Marvel's AVX VS #1 was how much it reminded us of promotional art for Marvel Vs. Capcom -- and maybe that was the point. Marvel unveiled the latest variant cover for the first issue of AVX VS and it looks like Iron Man and Magneto can't wait to get at each other's throats. The first issue of the upcoming tie-in series to the AVENGERS VS. X-MEN event will hit stores on April 25th, 2012 and will be written by Jason Aaron and Kathryn Immonen and feature art from Adam Kubert and Stuart Immonen. Are you looking forward to this upcoming action packed tie-in series? What do you think of the latest super-flashy cover?

No Caption Provided
Marvel is proud to present your first look at superstar artist, Stuart Immonen’s jaw-dropping variant cover for AVX VS #1, the premiere battle book tie-in to the summer blockbuster event of the year - Avengers VS. X-Men! Catch the cover to cover battles - featuring pulse-pounding brawls as Iron Man faces off against Magneto & Thing takes on Namor! Don’t miss out on all the action in AVX VS #1, available in comic shops worldwide and on the Marvel Comics app this April!
AVX: VERSUS #1 (FEB120531)
AVX: VERSUS #1 IMMONEN VARIANT (FEB120532)
Written by JASON AARON & KATHRYN IMMONEN
Art by ADAM KUBERT & STUART IMMONEN
Cover by ADAM KUBERT
Variant Cover by STUART IMMONEN
FOC – 4/02/12, ON SALE –4/25/12
mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mettlekm

reminds me of a WWE event... or UFC>

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

CAN"T WAIT XD

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I can tell, logic will be thrown out the window with these battles.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Billy Batson

haha.
BB

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Not bad but it does strike me as a fight night poster or something, but I'm sure that is the look that was being sought.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LordRequiem

Hey Iron Man, as if your suit contains no metal components.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7  Edited By zombietag

ya! old school

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zackattack529

haha this event gets lamer and lamer everytime i see news about it...i really gotta stop clicking on things that have "AvX" in them lol

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

@Supreme Marvel: LOL

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By Dakens son

@mettlekm said:

.."And in the red corner from Auschwitz Poland weighing 2 hundred and 20 pounds Eric"Magnetooo"LehnshEEEEEEEEEEErrr"

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Bestostero

team x-men!!!

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#12  Edited By pspin

Namor vs Thor would be better but Namor vs Thing is classic. Namor better win...

Avatar image for emperormeister734
Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

LET'S GET READY TO THROWDOWN

dothegoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dothegoblin

It’s like they just haven’t put any thought into these fights. Alright, Tony won’t be wearing metal armour, Magneto: Not a Hero displayed that he's thought ahead in that regard, but all Mags has got to do is throw a massive piece of metal at him and crush him. Job done.

As for Namor vs. the Thing, the fight is going to take place in water, where Namor easily outclasses Ben. No question. Easy.

Unless Thor comes back from space quickly, the X-Men should wipe the floor with the Avengers.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By feargalr

I'm so pumped for AvX to really get started. The only marvel events I've read were civil war and schism (which wasn't really a proper event) , and I read civil war in trade so this is a big deal for me :-D

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

#16  Edited By wmwadeii

So Tony Stark knew this was coming so he made sure he had his suit created out of a dense poly alloy and uses nothing but fiber optics. I guess its possible considering they did have Sentinels that were immune to Magneto at one point.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By movieartman

@zackattack529: we would really appreatiate it if you did so also, so we wont have to be subjected to your uninteresting pointless, comments that add nothing to the conversation. if u could explain logicly how this event appears as u say lame they do so but just saying it lame with no reason behind it, is as i said pointless

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zackattack529

@movieartman: hahaha omg i must be psychic. how did i know someone would say EXACTLY what you did.

first of all..i'm entitled to my own opinion..now im probably going to comment on ALL AvX blogs. with negativity until i find it good and may change my mind.

second, you seem kinda of butt hurt from what ive said..and you say WE like you speak for everyone when i know countless people who have found disinterest in this event as well..so untill EVERYONE but me likes this event i suggest you dont use "WE"

also umm where is this CONVERSATION that your talking about...they alll seem like individual comments to me. one person said TEAM X-MEN how does that contribute to any CONVERSATION you are speaking of?? im very much entitled to my opinion of this event...im sure if there was a kim kardashian blog or a blog about how awesome satan is and someone put "wow kim kardashian is awesome" or "satan rules!" i knwo your oppose it. then yourd be in my position...so really you need to shut the F**k up. and let people put what they feel about this event....why dont you go take a look at the Avx forum about the VS cover 2 weeks ago..nothing but negative comments there...why dont you go spread your nonsense with them!

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Manchine

Haters will always hate. To normal people their reasoning is stupid to themselves they think they know more then everyone else. Haters always have the louder voice.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#20  Edited By The Impersonator

@mettlekm said:

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By SavageDragon

@Dakens son said:

@mettlekm said:

.."And in the red corner from Auschwitz Poland weighing 2 hundred and 20 pounds Eric"Magnetooo"LehnshEEEEEEEEEEErrr"

ahahahaha. Susan storm and Psylock as ring girls in skimpy clothes.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Funrush

Wow, this cover seems really cool!

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23  Edited By RedOwl_1

Wait isn't his name Iron Man?!? and you put him against a metal manipulator villain?!? And you even write it in the cover?!?

No Caption Provided

Anyway I'm gonna check out

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
  @RedOwl_1  said: 

Wait isn't his name Iron Man?!? and you put him against a metal manipulator villain?!? 

Yeah, because if you put Silver Surfer against Magneto, Magnus will totally win.
CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CitizenJP

Magneto vs Iron Man sounds like an awful match up lol. Poor Tony. :P

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Meh.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Icon

I don't like how Marvel is seemingly always pitting their heroes against their other heroes. Why are they so obsessed with slugfests between heroes? It's all so stupid. It only works when there is a compelling reason why 2 heroes have become enemies and if it doesn't happen often (meaning it's not hordes of heroes vs each other in a big bar fight), making it dramatic or poignant when it does.

I'm reminded of civil war when so many heroes were fighting each other as if doing so would have any affect on the legislation they disagreed on. It was just another poor excuse to show so-and-so fighting whats-his-name. And here we go again..

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Variant covers really lost their appeal to be years ago when they over-saturated the concept.

This cover more just seems to reenforce the idea that this is just a big hero v hero showcase.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LaserLambert

@Icon: probably because their fans are obsessed with it too? look at this website, there are thousands of threads about hero vs hero.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RedOwl_1

@Morpheus_ said:

@RedOwl_1said:

Wait isn't his name Iron Man?!? and you put him against a metal manipulator villain?!?

Yeah, because if you put Silver Surfer against Magneto, Magnus will totally win.

I know Iron is pretty magnetic but Isn't Silver immune to magnetism?

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Icon

@LaserLambert: Point taken, but that is fan fiction. I would think Marvel would not want to stoop to that level. You bring up a good point though, Marvel essentially does this over and over because sadly it sells.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@RedOwl_1: ...Besides the point I was making. Characters' names are irrelevant in battles, all the more since Iron Man has already defeated Magneto before, Iron Lad did it in Children's Crusade recently, and even the preview for Versus # 1 indicates Iron Man will perform very well, if not win the fight.
umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#33  Edited By umbrafeline

mags needs a shave

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#34  Edited By Deadcool

@RedOwl_1: His suit is not made of Iron, actually is not made of Magnetic metals, and Iron Man has already fought against Magneto.

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man vs Magneto is the only fight (and most logical) I'm looking forward to. I'm glad it's in the first issue, so that I don't have to wait and purchase the rest of the series. One and done, as they say.

Namor vs Thing is a terrible match up, especially if they're fighting on Utopia. Namor out of water was able to hold his own against the Sentry and come out of that fight virtually unharmed. A better fight would have been Namor vs Red Hulk, the rematch.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RedOwl_1

@Deadcool:

Oh I didn't knew that but my subconscious told me so (anyway, who hear that thing?)

Anyway.... I still thinking is HUGELY unfair, Magneto still beat him (throwing stuff I guess)

@Morpheus_ said:

@RedOwl_1: ...Besides the point I was making. Characters' names are irrelevant in battles, all the more since Iron Man has already defeated Magneto before, Iron Lad did it in Children's Crusade recently, and even the preview for Versus # 1 indicates Iron Man will perform very well, if not win the fight.
Silver Surfer is made of silver :D
Silver Surfer is made of silver :D

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dakens son

@SavageDragon said:

@Dakens son said:

@mettlekm said:

ahahahaha. Susan storm and Psylock as ring girls in skimpy clothes.

oooh!damn that's hot!!!! and Miss Frost for ring girl round 4!Man I always wanted to see her wearing those sorts!!hehehehehehehehehe!

jaredbright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jaredbright

Reminds me of the end of Ultimatum when Magneto controlled Iron Man's armor for a second. I don't know if that made sense, but... whatever.... :)

cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39  Edited By cobra88king8

I really only care about these books because I think the fights are going to be interesting.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#40  Edited By ImperiousRix

I love this cover so much. Mimics an old professional wrestling poster ad, and I love Namor's 'People's Eyebrow' and rassler-fist pose. Awesome.

I can't say I've been looking forward to AvX but I'm willing to give the main-line series, and more importantly THIS book, a chance. Let's do this!

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@dothegoblin said:

It’s like they just haven’t put any thought into these fights. Alright, Tony won’t be wearing metal armour, Magneto: Not a Hero displayed that he's thought ahead in that regard, but all Mags has got to do is throw a massive piece of metal at him and crush him. Job done.

As for Namor vs. the Thing, the fight is going to take place in water, where Namor easily outclasses Ben. No question. Easy.

Unless Thor comes back from space quickly, the X-Men should wipe the floor with the Avengers.

It wont matter anyway the Avengers are going to win either way because they are popular.......And they always win.

BoyWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BoyWander

Does ironman even have iron in his armor at this point?

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CODYSF

Gutters Thrash there are way better comics then this generic comic

Mrakbarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Mrakbarman

I just want to buy the comic for the action ( no long story. no boring monologues ) and lots and lots of CHAOS. For once, i wish marvel would just lose their strings which restrain them. I swear, I wished theyd put someone bitch-slapping Xavier or an outstanding battle between hulk ( and someone who resembles his strenght ) and everyone has to get the hell out of their way. This is why some peeps buy comics in the 70's-80's, just for the mayhem.

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Nudeviking

@Dakens son said:

@mettlekm said:

I so wish there was a "Like" button right now.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Or35ti

Nice, looking good

Mokey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mokey

In the previews, it showed Tony with a suit made out of carbon. Don't think Magneto can bend carbon.

I, also, can't wait for this event to have little to no repercussions just like Fear Itself.

rouder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By rouder

@stormphoenix: You mean like they won in Secret Invasion and then in DR?

And by your very logic, the X-Men should win, because the X-Men are more popular than The Avengers

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dakens son

@Nudeviking said:

@Dakens son said:

@mettlekm said:

I so wish there was a "Like" button right now.

Hehehehehehe!true true true!

there many comments around this site that I 'd like to push "Like" for 'em!

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JamDamage

@Supreme Marvel: logic????? it's a comic. I get your point tho.