Posted by G-Man (18921 posts) - - Show Bio

Earlier today we saw the cover to THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #2 as part of the upcoming Marvel NOW relaunch. Now Marvel has released the cover to IRON MAN #2 as well.

Here's an idea what you can expect in the second issue.

When his greatest invention becomes his greatest mistake, Iron Man bursts into action to protect it from destroying the Marvel Universe! From the red-hot team of Kieron Gillen and Greg Land, Iron Man must act fast and build faster in order to stop the lethal techno virus – Extremis – from landing in the hands of the highest bidder! This November in Iron Man #2, Tony’s hunt for the rogue units takes him to the island of New Camelot! A mysterious high-tech brotherhood of mech-knights called The Circle, has put their best up against the Armored Avenger, and Stark’s suit may not be ready for action.

Each issue of Iron Man includes a code for a free digital copy on the Marvel Comics app for iOS and Android devices and in the Marvel Digital Comics Shop. Additionally, each issue of Iron Man features special augmented reality content available exclusive through the Marvel AR app – including cover recaps, behind the scenes features and more that add value to your reading experience at no additional cost.

An all-new direction! All-new threats! All-new armor! This is Iron Man NOW!

This November, Kieron Gillen and Greg Land redefine what it means to be invincible in Iron Man #1 & 2!

IRON MAN #1 & 2

Written by KIERON GILLEN

Pencils and Cover by GREG LAND

ON SALE NOVEMBER 2012!

#1 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just glad Stark doesn't have the Land smile

#2 Posted by DATNIGGA (1227 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh... I might read it not feeling the suit

#3 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

MASTER CHIEF!!!! sh*t just got real!

#4 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7564 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I may try Iron Man again with Marvel Now

#5 Posted by DDangelico (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker: Ha that's exactly what I thought!

#6 Posted by Tony_Shark (489 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally. New villains.

I have high hopes for this issue.

#7 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Buying!

#8 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7968 posts) - - Show Bio

New Camelot? Mech Knights? Hell Yes!

#9 Posted by rasx (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Are all these Marvel Now books going to be double shipping at $4 Yikes!!!

#10 Posted by JamDamage (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Land's art.

#11 Posted by SparxSLX (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this new take, definite pick up for me!

#12 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Now has been so underwhelming to this point, this does not help things

#13 Posted by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a Land cover? Huh...alrighty then...

Still not feeling the black and gold color scheme.

#14 Posted by SnakeEyes327 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving the gold and jet black armor. Wonder how it will stack up to his Bleeding Edge which is still my favorite. I think that's the biggest initial draw for me when a new armor is unveiled, how will it stack up to the previous. Certainly looking forward to this.

#15 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that Tony on the cover? He looks older than usual. He has a salt-and-pepper look.

#16 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

@Miss_Garrick said:

Is that Tony on the cover? He looks older than usual. He has a salt-and-pepper look.

Yeah for a Sec I thought that the Mandarin.

Still I guess I will get this for marvel now. Plus Hickman's Avenger Books. I will try Hulk, Uncanny Avengers and All New X-men.

#17 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix: Have fun with that. I, on the other hand, have decided that Marvel would have to pay me to even look at any of their stuff anymore.

#18 Posted by Man of Lengend (997 posts) - - Show Bio

loving this

#19 Posted by cc1738 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@Miss_Garrick: What do you have against Marvel?? I honestly don't understand why people wholeheartedly support one company over another and have constant arguments over which company is better. I'm not saying you were doing that, I was just curious why you don't like Marvel. I can understand not liking some things, but not everything they do is garbage.

#20 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad, but I will say this. I'm sorry but Tony looks like Macho Man Randy Savage in a gray suit in that shot right there, but personally that is just too AWESOME for me. I'm intrigued by this series now.

#21 Edited by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

@cc1738: I don't like how Marvel keeps doing story crossovers all the time. It always looks like they're copying DC ideas. Every thing Marvel has done since "House of M' I felt was a bad idea. They killed Captain America, the greatest Hero ever, which for me was the straw that broke my back, so unless it's something that Kurt Busiek wrote, I don't look at Marvel anymore. This is just how I feel about it.

#22 Posted by cc1738 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@Miss_Garrick: I agree the crossovers are getting excessive. I don't even bother getting any of them. AvX's concept irritates me. I hate heroes fighting heroes. It just makes me wonder where all the villains went.

I didn't hate the fact that they killed Captain America. I actually like Bucky in the role better. What made me made is they brought Steve Rodgers back. It was dumb. But DC did the same with Batman. I liked Dick Grayson as Batman better.

Both companies in my opinion make bad decisions, you just need to find the right titles to read.. Anyway, I was just curious why you hated Marvel and now I know. You're missing some good titles though(Age of Apocalypse and Uncanny X-Force).

#23 Posted by Metron144 (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@cc1738 said:

@Miss_Garrick: What do you have against Marvel?? I honestly don't understand why people wholeheartedly support one company over another and have constant arguments over which company is better. I'm not saying you were doing that, I was just curious why you don't like Marvel. I can understand not liking some things, but not everything they do is garbage.

I'm just a comics fan. Marvel and DC were BOTH excellent a few years ago. Now DC seems to be more focused on doing great stories. Marvel is focused on gimmicks for quick numbers. The whole xmen in modern times is beyond stupid. Marvel NOW...no thanks. DC had big success when they finally just rebooted their universe, so marvel decides to sort of do the same thing even though they didn't really need to.

#24 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

@cc1738: I doubt it, but my comic budget is focused on getting older TPBs back when I liked Marvel.