• 62 results
Posted by G-Man (31791 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you remember to visit your local comic shop on Free Comic Book Day? If so, were you able to pick up the Marvel INFINITY issue? Bad things are headed towards the Marvel Universe. Sure we've heard that before but it sounds like they are preparing to put the Avengers and other heroes through hell.

Marvel just released the cover for the first issue of INFINITY, drawn by Adam Kubert. Check out the creative team working on this series.

This August, the Marvel Universe prepares for the biggest battle it’s ever faced – but first, Marvel is proud to unveil the jaw dropping main cover to Infinity #1 by Adam Kubert! Infinity, the six part blockbuster comic event of the summer, brought to you by the star studded creative team of Jonathan Hickman, Jim Cheung, Jerome Opena & Dustin Weaver, takes fans to every corner of the Marvel Universe, and beyond! Earth has been marked as an “Avengers World”, protected by Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and more from the deadliest threats facing humanity. A powerful and destructive race is on a collision course with Earth and the only thing in their path is the Avengers! But even Earth’s Mightiest Heroes realize the one hope of defeating this dire threat is to unite every great hero across the cosmos…because only with a united Avengers Universe is there any chance of survival!

With our heroes at the other end of the universe, who is left to protect Earth? Enter Thanos, the galaxy’s most ruthless threat and an unparalleled force of brutality who brings order to the chaos of life through murder. The greatest threat to the Mad Titan’s work—and perhaps the universe’s greatest hope—is something he created leaving no world safe. Earth’s last hope may lie in the hands of a man who can level cities with a single whisper – Black Bolt, king of the Inhumans. But can the fearsome leader of a race hated and feared by his world, lead his people against Thanos? If they fall, so does the Earth—and the entire universe with it.

The Biggest Heroes. The Biggest Threats. The Biggest Sacrifices. This is Marvel’s INFINITY.

Staff
#1 Posted by mcbean (292 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool

#2 Posted by Mucklefluga (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't... stand... any... more... Marvel... events...... bleuurggghh

#3 Posted by stevencarver_ (91 posts) - - Show Bio

But I don't want to read another Marvel event... *sigh*

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

some buck teeth on ya mate

#5 Posted by hunter5024 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is one step closer to its inevitable goal of having a new event every week. I mean if they sell more during events, why not always have an event?

#6 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7013 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess Thanos fixed his chipped tooth hahaha.

#7 Posted by Rorie (862 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm guessing Thanos is going to be pushed heavily over the next couple years in preparation for Avengers 2. Should be fun; he's always a bit of ridiculous character.

Staff
#8 Posted by Lvenger (19084 posts) - - Show Bio

On the one hand, this event looks decent which is a change from Marvel's usual standards. On the other hand TOO MANY FREAKING EVENTS MARVEL!

#9 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait but after this please no more events I don't see why this couldn't have been a self contained crossover in Avengers and New Avengers or a small mini series not some massive event with loads of Tie-ins!

#10 Edited by The Stegman (23785 posts) - - Show Bio

People continuously complain about Marvel and its events yet every time Marvel releases one, it is a best seller and the masses gobble it up. If you're truly tired of them, then don't buy them.

#11 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

:O

#12 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

Wth isn't age of ultron still goin on?? I mean I'm lookin forward to this but it's comin way too soon.

#13 Edited by sasquatch888 (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Are there any marvel comic stories that are not either leading up to an event , part an event or establishing the new marvel status quo after an event? ....the more events they have the less important they seem. Remember how significant Secret wars or Infinity gauntlet were ? When they came out how important they were in the marvel universe ...now who cares ??? too much of a good thing is a bad thing sometimes. Why cant they just do these stories in the regular 4 avengers titles and make significant event happen in the regular titles. I'm almost at the point where i feel like nothing significant will ever happen in the regular monthly or now bi-weekly titles anymore ...if its significant it will be made into an event! of course I'm the person that will read everything and not miss anything so i guess I'm part of the problem lol

#14 Posted by Howard_Go (43 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fine with the events just another story I get to read :) and plus Black Bolt is in it Awww yeah!

#15 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1023 posts) - - Show Bio

No Bendis..yes! A Cosmic Marvel event..Yes!! Thanos..!! YES!! Hickman and Chueng...oh Hell Yeah!! Black Bolt and the Inhumans...Yes---um...well i kinda wish it was Richard Rider....

#16 Posted by Omertalvendetta (395 posts) - - Show Bio

My response exactly... I guarantee at least half of the people that complained about the events will be purchasing it. Words mean nothing in this industry... you have to learn to speak with your wallet.

#17 Posted by millennium (206 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmmmm marvel world event number 2 this year / number 5 ? of just events this year and the year isnt even done yet but none the less people need to stop complaining about this events because odds are those same people are buying this event day one when it comes out

#18 Edited by ccraft (5164 posts) - - Show Bio

wow

#19 Posted by ScumDestroy (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Stoked for an epic, cosmic Marvel event by these creators. Complain all you want in tie-ins, but once the main series is collected in trade I am sure it will be beautiful and a kick-ass story. Hopefully some shifts to the status quo.

Even though I am almost always stoked on events, I think if marvel wants to do the continous-event-universe set-up, they should keep them contained to various corners of the universe (a daredevil/punisher/spiderman event or something, like how schism was or death of the family?)

#20 Edited by TDK_1997 (14649 posts) - - Show Bio

The bad thing is that this yet another event,the good thing is that it looks decent.

#21 Posted by kriminal (646 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont care if others hate em marvel events are why i started reading comics starting with civil war. i always by everyone and have enjoyed the majority of them. does anybody know if thanos rising sets this up?

#22 Posted by Teerack (5738 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually curious to see how Thanos will repair the infinity gems.

#23 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6236 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why, but that's not what I expected the cover to be like.

I'm not really hugely interested in what it seems to be about, but I'll probably get it anyway. Does anyone know how often this will be out, monthly, fortnightly, weekly, etc?

#24 Posted by jwalser3 (4842 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel's next big story can now be unleashed upon the world.

Age of Ultron isn't even over yet and we're getting another event?

#25 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4721 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if this is the solution to Age of Ultron. You know how like Siege was the solution or end to Dark Reign. ( + )

#26 Edited by The Mast (783 posts) - - Show Bio

People whine about Bieber being top of the charts or there being six installments of The Fast and the Furious.

People are paying. That's why.

#27 Edited by cameron83 (7146 posts) - - Show Bio

People continuously complain about Marvel and its events yet every time Marvel releases one, it is a best seller and the masses gobble it up. If you're truly tired of them, then don't buy them.

QFT

#28 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5008 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what's great about event comics? You don't have to buy them. Now stop bitching everyone knows at least half of you whiners will be the first in line to buy issue 1.

#29 Posted by cincyducksfan35 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

No event since Siege has been good... I don't know why i even bought all of fear itself and AVX, but I stopped reading age of ultron after three issues. It just didnt feel like much was happening for the money I was spending and the faster shipping schedule

#30 Edited by CitizenJP (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@mucklefluga said:

Can't... stand... any... more... Marvel... events...... bleuurggghh

Omg I knooooow they're getting progressively worse. BUT then again I do love me some Thanos. Who knows. Could be interesting I guess. ;/

#32 Posted by CheeseSticks (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos vs Black Bolt... THIS IS GREAT ! Marvel event are usually bad, but when Thanos is the villain it's always good.

#33 Posted by deadpool25mm (588 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE EVENTS! may the comments begin!

#34 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

This.

#35 Edited by momo111191 (246 posts) - - Show Bio

i love crossovers

#36 Posted by greenlucario (213 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by sora_thekey (8159 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I read Age of Ultron's first issue and I didn't care for it... Maybe Infinity won't make me drop the series after the first issue.

#38 Edited by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a bad cover, like how it's dark, but still has tone, and mood. Also really looking forward to the event, cant be worse that AoU.

#39 Edited by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

`

@mrfuzzynutz: Definitely wish it was Richard Rider.

Maybe he'll show up, who knows. That being said, he's been referenced in Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy made reference to Star Lord making it out of the Cancerverse. It's only a matter of time before they reveal what happened to him. And personally the anticipation is simply making me excited for the inevitable reveal.

Well, I read Age of Ultron's first issue and I didn't care for it... Maybe Infinity won't make me drop the series after the first issue.

I have a feeling this will be leagues beyond Age of Ultron, Avengers vs X-Men, and plenty other recent and not so recent Marvel events. I've got more faith in Hickman to deliver a well told, sprawling epic than I do Bendis.

#40 Edited by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@the_stegman said:

This.

#41 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6575 posts) - - Show Bio

Sick of events but Can not resist!

#42 Edited by cuddles667 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Haters gonna hate. If anyone can pull it off, Hickman can. 'Sides, I skipped out on AU just so I won't suffer from event fatigue (that and I can't stand Bendis). 8D

#43 Posted by TheHeat (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie said:

I'm guessing Thanos is going to be pushed heavily over the next couple years in preparation for Avengers 2. Should be fun; he's always a bit of ridiculous character.

Yet, Whedon said that he's saving Thanos for Avengers 3.

#44 Posted by INFINITE_DOOM (265 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't pick up Age of Ultron felt like it would be disappointing, i will be picking this up, i enjoy Hickman's work.

#45 Posted by batarang614 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always considered myself a bigger DC fan, but this looks so much more promising than Trinity War. Though I may be biased by how much I love Kubert. Here's hoping its better than AvX, six issues seems like a much better number.

#46 Posted by GreenFuse (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me guess, Thanos merges the IG with the HotU forming the IH.

Saved myself some money.

#47 Edited by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

Havnt read a marvel event since Siege. I'll be waiting this one out too.

#48 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Love that cover by Kubert. Don't think I'll actually be buying into the event but it looks great nevertheless!

#49 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11309 posts) - - Show Bio

Cover looks cool. ME LIKEY.

#50 Edited by mavfan626 (4121 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for this to come out..