• 123 results
#51 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@sweetesttoaster said:

Why are beast and wolverine on the avengers side? I know that they're apart of the avengers, but they're x-men. I'm so confused...

Yeah, that's odd. So wolverine and spidey are both on the Avengers side? I guess we know who wins.

This seems more like a concept for a video game, not a story arc.

#52 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

free digital copy? yay lol

#53 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA: this comic event will suck

#54 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going on crazy style :

Phoenix force ? Then return of jean grey.

Return of nova ? Then return of thanos.

Mutant ? Then reed's son issue which lead to galactus.

Mutant ? The dreaming celestial will act.

And what if ultron use this because after this they will be weak ?

The only thing which will surprise me is a return of onslaught in marvel now.

#55 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

So Wolverine and Beast are on the side of the Avengers but in the teasers they were fighting Captain America and Luke Cage... I'm confused, maybe they'll turn on them that'll be interesting! I'm excited :D

#56 Posted by DATNIGGA (1188 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malonius: X man isnt what he used to be.... i wish he was smh but there probably gonna bring out legion

#57 Posted by EvilAndy (53 posts) - - Show Bio

First there was the Civil War where the all the heroes fought each other, then Schism where the X-Men fought each other now we have the Avengers and X-Men fighting each other.

So much for the house of ideas

#58 Posted by Malonius (884 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA said:

@Malonius: X man isnt what he used to be.... i wish he was smh but there probably gonna bring out legion

I forgot about Hope Summers. Maybe she could take Thor. Maybe she's the one the Phoenix Force is getting set to inhabit?

#59 Edited by DATNIGGA (1188 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malonius: yea actually this entire war is over Hope thats why cable attacked the avengers cause shes the one the Phoenix force is after. the x men need her to be a savior the avengers need her to be gone.

#60 Posted by VaizD (249 posts) - - Show Bio

For some reason, I can't get the idea of Captain America, Cyclops, Wolverine and Emma having some sort of singing contest out of my head.

That's something that immediately bothered me about the art. There's no tension in their faces, it looks like they're just posing with their mouth open. It's very static.

#61 Posted by mattydeNero (525 posts) - - Show Bio

This has the "Final Crisis" feel to it. DC made an attempt in 2008 to answer the unanswerable(Civil War/Secret Invasion). I feel as though in the end, Marvel will do something stupid, much like DC in '08/'09("killing" Batman). Marvel will undoubtedly bring someone back. Yet, I feel as though they will end up killing off a huge name that really doesn't need to go anywhere. At the same time, who would care if anyone but Wolverine were hacked anyway? And by that, I am saying if they did want to "kill" Wolverine, people would care one way or the other. The point is all comic fans would care. The next big one for me would be Magneto and let's face it, he's died a bunch. Mags has been a great lieutenant in the past two years, but a non-X-Men reader wouldn't go out of their realm of reading to purchase a copy.

I may have stepped away from what I am trying to get at. Marvel right now should be plotting and scheming--not to say they aren't and that AVX is an easy-ass holdover plot to sell books, that very well could be the case. That being said, I have read more Marvel than DC since 2006 and at that point, Marvel was starting to coast all-around. DC in 2011 and to this point in time has that same vibe of the stars lining up and solid material is being printed from the best in the business, ever. By no means is New 52 already legendary, but N52 is definitely the best relaunch in the history of the comic book industry.

If Marvel wants to overtake DC once again, a lot of people are saying a relaunch could be the only way. I disagree. My opinion is that Marvel needs to bide their time until the New 52 honeymoon phase is over, then go in for the kill. Despite a relaunch, DC heroes and villains are tough to wrap your head around at times, y'know? I have always read a majority of DC titles over Marvel aside from the aforementioned period of time. My friends have always been the opposite and always complained about the complexities of certain DC super-powers. DC is trying to get reader a better understanding, as well as a current one. However, eventually a lot of the new DC readers will say, “Huh? New Gods, huh?” Stuff of that nature and that’s the time when Marvel needs to step it up. Things like 14 AVX-related books or Marvelman are not going to do anything right now. I kind of wish they would’ve waited a while longer for this to happen.

All of this from a picture of some of my favorite heroes of all time yelling at each other. Geez. Let's hope this is awesome. I really want it to be.

#62 Posted by Markyo (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking AA's steel wings is gonna be like Juggerlossus.

He'll be able to morph into him anytime or some shit then maybe in a few arcs, their going to get "Hulk'd"

#63 Edited by bunnieswithtophats (173 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: looks like they have.

This series is going to be awesome. period.

#64 Posted by GothamRed (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

So what side are beast and wolverine on?!?!?

#65 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

Still unsure about AvsX but......

....what would make this story more interesting is if there was a third party involved (that we don't know of) to take advantage of the situation. Not a villain per say, but someone who would present a third option for Hope's destiny as neither savior of mutants or destroyer of all life on Earth. What would that be? Not sure myself......hmmm maybe something to do with Tebula Rasa?

Either way, that would take a "G. Morrison level" writer to figure that out and a few years of planning and (imo) I think Hickman and Remender (or both...including DnA) are the only Marvel writers that are close to GM's imagination.

For now I'm not getting sucked into Marvel's marketing of another event, even if it feels more promising than Fear Itself. The proof, as they say, is in the pudding so hopefully AvsX will be real chocolatey goodness and not.....well you know.

#66 Posted by jayk (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know Mortal Kombat 10 was out in April

#67 Posted by VioletPhoenix (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor/Angel/Storm/Wolverine/Beast..Confusion reigns supreme.

#68 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope the X-Men slaughter the Avengers and don't stop killing them until the cops come.

#69 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mucklefluga said:

I can't believe they are actually doing this, there isn't enough words to describe how wrong this is.

Its Marvel. Never underestimate their ability to make horrible decisions.

#71 Posted by LordRequiem (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that Ms. Marvel under Spidey, or Jewel? Also, Cyttorak-Juggernaut-Colossus is going to lay all kinds of smackdown!!!!

#72 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

@jcbart said:

Insert some whiny comment about how this will be the worst event ever and Marvel are crap.

While I agree with u that many comments do appear like whining (and some probably are), I believe there is a legit reason to be concerned here. Marvel's hype machine can't always be trusted.

I for one, see too many similarities to the marketing of AvsX and Fear Itself. The central premise presented sounds interesting but after a while other aspects of the story become the marketing focus like "Who are the worthy" or these Avengers/X-Men battles. Sure it makes for good discussion and keeps forums and blogs active but in the end does all of that stuff really matter if the story itself is weak? Is it all just fluff?

Was Fear Itself really worthy of it's title? Hammer Wars would have been more precise imo.

Not every event (/big crossover/new status quo) is going to hit it out of the park, I don't think anyone want's to waste their money on an over-hyped story that ends being just a quick cash-in. Let's hope AvsX is not.

#73 Posted by AmazingSpidey_707 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Since wolverine is going to be on the Avengers side I wonder how the kids at the school will view him after this event.

#74 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattydee007: I think Marvel's "Season One" graphic novels are their answer to the 52 relaunch and imo is more effective. More non-comic reader will be more willing to pick up an actual book....which is complete so they won't have to wait until next month.

#75 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know Armor, Hope Summers or Warpath? You don't know POOP about X-Men!

And I'm sure some of you didn't know who they were looking at that picture...

#76 Posted by BatBen9135 (63 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to believe that this cross-over will be good, especially with the promise of the Phoenix, but these hokey covers are not getting me very excited.

Also, I find it interesting that Beast and Wolverine are on the Avengers side while Rogue, Gambit, and Iceman are on another. In my mind, it made more sense for those characters to have stayed with Cyclops, so I'm hoping they come to their senses and ditch Wolvie during this.

#77 Posted by The Impersonator (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

@CanucksXVX said:

this just creates more questions...
#78 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Tsk tsk... reminds me too much of this...

#79 Posted by Rixec (360 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Wolverine change sides during all of this? We see him the the Avengers' side above, but a previous teaser shows him fighting Captain America.

#80 Posted by frochez (194 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, in the teasers it showed Wolverine and Beast both fighting on the side of the X-men, but here they're lined up with the Avengers. In the first teaser I saw- the one where everything looked a little crazy, like a big free for all brawl- it looked like they were with the Avengers, too. Does this mean the character will be switching sides part way through? Given the (little) we know about this story, I would imagine Wolverine would side with the Avengers, and Beast would stick with the X-men.

On another note, does anyone else think that this feels like a rehash of Civil War (again)? Didn't they already try this about three months ago with Schism?

#81 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wrong, not even Bendis's name on the cover can make me lose interest in Cyclops Vs. Captain America

#82 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5501 posts) - - Show Bio

I will except this book for what it is..Heroes fighting. If I wanted Groundbreaking storytelling I would read Stephen King.

#83 Posted by kalonthar (11 posts) - - Show Bio

They sure do like having Gambit and Wolverine face off.

#84 Posted by WeaponX619 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is fighting captain america in the one on one teasers but on the avengers side on the cover. I just can't picture wolverine picking the avengers over the x-men

#85 Posted by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

I hope the X-Men slaughter the Avengers and don't stop killing them until the cops come.

lmao

#86 Posted by microwave25 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just an unnecessary orgy. There is too many damn characters! It's just going to be one huge fight to end all fights to show that Marvel can do the best fights. Don't why people are foaming at the mouth for this.

#87 Posted by Shazam78 (138 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess Logan is happy to be on any team that goes agains Cyclops.

#88 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@snyderman567 said:

This is going to be shit.

No profanity, please.

#89 Posted by Mahzian (117 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to pass unless the reviews make me think otherwise, I'll save my money for ongoing titles

#90 Posted by BatClaw89 (144 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85 said:

@Mucklefluga said:

I can't believe they are actually doing this, there isn't enough words to describe how wrong this is.

Its Marvel. Never underestimate their ability to make horrible decisions.

Exactly 

#91 Posted by savri (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this just me, or is Michael B. grabbing for anything to right about?

I still do not understand why would the X-Men team, split up? If anyone should go then let it be Cyclops, and if he wanted, let him take Emma, but I guess in the year 2012, half of the team is now taking drugs for A.D.D. or O.C.D. disorders. So why would ALL of one team, go against ALL of another team?? oh, let me guess, they are looking for other powers to master? Come on, Bendis!, I do not care what you think, this is madness. Let me collect the comic of what the villains are doing...oh yeah, you don't have it ...yet.

#92 Posted by RUKM (279 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone notice they are all mostly screaming ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

#93 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess its cool

#94 Posted by GamerGeek360 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool cover but I'm very very skeptical. Marvel kinda sucks with events lately. Probably because they do a bajillion a year.

#95 Posted by Maki_P (275 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. But isn't Storm an Avenger now?

#96 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like this idea at this time. Unless it takes place before Fear itself, and schism.

But then that makes no sense because on half of these teasers we see Angel, and archangel on others. Also Thor is back, which will Pi*s my off if they bring him back so soon. Also, Wolverine is seen fighting Cap, and on a couple teasers is on The Avengers side.

They should have waiting for the Xmen story lines to recover a bit from Schism before trying to pull this.

#97 Edited by Maniac2312 (927 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's Daredevil? Thought him and Arc-Angel were going to fight.

#98 Posted by Xarom4 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Er.. Does Wolvie count as an avenger or an x-man?

#99 Edited by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

People remember Civil War. Expect characters to swap sides, one side will clearly be in the right (Hint one team has a movie coming out this year) and at least one spy (probably beast).

#100 Posted by Amanthine (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@frochez said:

Ok, in the teasers it showed Wolverine and Beast both fighting on the side of the X-men, but here they're lined up with the Avengers. In the first teaser I saw- the one where everything looked a little crazy, like a big free for all brawl- it looked like they were with the Avengers, too. Does this mean the character will be switching sides part way through? Given the (little) we know about this story, I would imagine Wolverine would side with the Avengers, and Beast would stick with the X-men.

On another note, does anyone else think that this feels like a rehash of Civil War (again)? Didn't they already try this about three months ago with Schism?

The teasers are just that, teasers. They, and even this cover aren't representative of the contents of the book. No one knows why they're fighting yet, and as we know, ideologies differ within the X-Men themselves, so it's perfectly reasonable for some X-Men to be on the Avengers side.

And no, the X-Men did virtually nothing during Civil War. If anything Avengers vs. X-Men is more like Children's Crusade: The Extended Edition.