Posted by G-Man (30689 posts) - - Show Bio

November brings us the return of the Fantastic Four. We're not really sure what that means since the series ended with issue #588 after the death of the Human Torch and was replaced with the Future Foundation series. What makes it even stranger is even thought the Fantastic Four series is coming back with issue #600, FF is also continuing with issue #12. In other words, what happened to Fantastic Four # 589-599?

Regardless, Jonathan Hickman and Marvel have teased that some big things are coming (through a series of teasers and today they unveiled connecting variant covers to Fantastic Four #601 and FF #13.

== TEASER ==
The future of the Fantastic Four and FF collide this December as Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Giuseppe Camuncoli’s connecting variant covers for Fantastic Four #601 & FF #13! After the universe altering events of the highly anticipated Fantastic Four #600, Reed, his family and friends embark on a bold new journey into the Marvel Universe. No fan of superstar writer Jonathan Hickman’s critically acclaimed run can miss out on these exciting new variants!

FANTASTIC FOUR #601 (OCT110648)

FANTASTIC FOUR #601 CAMUNCOLI CONNECTING VARIANT (OCT110649)

Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN

Art by STEVE EPTING

Cover by MIKE CHOI

Variant Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

FOC – 11/28/11, ON SALE – 12/21/11

FF # 13 (OCT110651)
FF # 13 CAMUNCOLI CONNECTING VARIANT (OCT110652)

Art by JUAN BOBILLO

Cover by MIKE CHOI

Variant Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

FOC – 12/5/11, ON SALE 12/28/11

FANTASTIC FOUR #600 (SEP110551)

Art by STEVE EPTING, LEINIL YU, CARMINE DIGIANDOMENICO, FAREL DALRYMPLE & MING DOYLE

Cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO

FOC – 10/31/11, ON SALE 11/22/11

Staff
#1 Posted by nitsen (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice may pick these up

#2 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, this is like what they did with Incredible Hulk, continuing the series that's numbering gets incorporated...why don't they just fake all their numbers like they do with Deadpool, almost none of their legacy numbers make sense.

#3 Posted by Wikitoups (3 posts) - - Show Bio

"In other words, what happened to Fantastic Four # 589-599?"

FF 1-11 that's what :P

#4 Edited by Mr. Kamikaze (522 posts) - - Show Bio

I love FF, but the only kids I really give a damn about are Dragon Man, Alex Power, and the sociopath Bentley kid (Wizard Clone). Valeria and Franklin...are a given, they aren't going anywhere. I also kinda like Leech...but the rest can go somewhere else....kids irk me.

I don't really care a whole lot for the Moloids, the fishy kids, and that purple mutant (Artie?)

#5 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't say I agree with the numbering, but the artwork looks great.

#6 Posted by Hector (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait so FF and Fantastic Four will be the same issues or different stories?

#7 Posted by allpro (23 posts) - - Show Bio

the pic looks DOPE, this direction is interesting> But i not sure if i love it tho 

#8 Edited by The Impersonator (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait a minute...So FF# 1-11 are considered as Fantastic Four# 589-599? What's the point of doing that? Isn't FF stands for Future Foundation? Or is it also Fantastic Four? This looks confusing.

#9 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Doom looks weird in white. lol

#10 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

So are FF and Fantastic four going to be separate series? They really need to be clear on that bcause FF is good and how can neary the exact same cast be in two nearly identical books

#11 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

This doesn't surprise me at all. It's typical Marvel; cancel, relaunch, renumber. The only deviation from this is that the relaunch wasn't renamed & renumbered. They love to mess fans (and comic database websites) around.

#12 Posted by KEROGA (972 posts) - - Show Bio

(sighhhhhhhh)

#13 Posted by brewski420 (278 posts) - - Show Bio

The numbering isn't that hard to understand really. Fantastic Four #589-599 is FF #1-11. And then with FF #12 that series keeps the numbering and continues from there.

#14 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom and Spidey. Sickkkkkkk. :D

#15 Posted by ejalife (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I may be blind but I don't see Johnny when many were assuming he will be back on FF 600. About the numbering, Is there a possibility that Marvel may do a "What happened to Torchy last year" and give us a series that start on FF 589 when he is battling on the negative zone up to 599 when it links to whatever will happen on FF 600.

#16 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

wtb.. top left. Is that Dr. Doom?

#17 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

yes, he is a member of Future Foundation

#18 Posted by Trodorne (2574 posts) - - Show Bio
@KEROGA said:
(sighhhhhhhh)
my point exactly I do not care for variant covers I just pick up and go.
#19 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic :D

#20 Posted by zero6 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

i stopped following this series after everything changed and, if this isnt annoying enough, how many kids did they give birth to now??

#21 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Overkill (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine better not see this... FF: Schism!!!

#23 Posted by fivestarga (239 posts) - - Show Bio

LOl, yes, keep this away from Wolverine AKA Jason Aaron...