• 58 results
Posted by G-Man (30702 posts) - - Show Bio

Yesterday it was revealed that Northstar would be marrying his boyfriend, Kyle Jinadu. Despite the announcement making it clear that the wedding would not take place in today's ASTONISHING X-MEN #50, many have overlooked the fact that it will actually take place in next month's issue.

Today, Marvel has revealed the variant cover that allows you to create your own wedding album.

Hope you remembered to RSVP!

This June, get ready for the wedding of the year with the Astonishing X-Men #51 Create Your Own Wedding Variant! Designed and drawn by fan favorite artist Phil Noto, fans have the chance to frame their own wedding portraits amongst the memorable Marvel marriages of past - OR draw their own! It’s the story that has everyone talking, and this June – witness the landmark marriage of Northstar and Kyle, in style, with the Astonishing X-Men #51 Create Your Own Wedding Variant!

ASTONISHING X-MEN #51 (APR120665)

ASTONISHING X-MEN #51 CREATE YOUR OWN WEDDING VARIANT (FEB128262)

Written by MARJORIE LIU

Art by MIKE PERKINS

Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER

Variant Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC

Create Your Own Wedding Variant also available

Rated T+ …$3.99

FOC—5/28/12, On-Sale—6/20/12

Staff
#1 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooh I am so excited I couldn't be happier. Not. seriously this a is a rubbish idea for a variant cover as well as a plot.

#2 Posted by Mucklefluga (2525 posts) - - Show Bio

not for me

#3 Posted by Mucklefluga (2525 posts) - - Show Bio

not for me

#4 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

eeh i like noto's art

#5 Posted by Wolverine0628 (398 posts) - - Show Bio

Weird.
#6 Edited by Billy Batson (57802 posts) - - Show Bio
how did I do? (enlarging advised)

BB

#7 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

It's an alright idea but I wouldn't want to ruin any comic covers.

#8 Posted by summerslam1988 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the thing, I have no problem with homosexuals. However, it seems to me that every team HAS to have a gay couple. That annoys me a little.

#9 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Quicksilver&Crystal :(

#10 Posted by deadpool25mm (579 posts) - - Show Bio

Im so against all this gay bs., sickenss me to see how they let this in comics.

#11 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

how did I do?

BB

That made my day lol.

#12 Posted by Blizaga101 (912 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpool25mm: Seriously? No one wants negative things like that, we live in modern times comics want to relate to that. Accept people are different and maybe people will respect you.

#13 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

BB

lol nice twist

#14 Posted by feargalr (1154 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101 said:

@deadpool25mm: Seriously? No one wants negative things like that, we live in modern times comics want to relate to that. Accept people are different and maybe people will respect you.

He's prob just trolling.

Seriously though this whole thing is weird, Marvel want to be all progressive and stuff, but they should be doing to be progressive and ethical, or at least try to make it seem that way... right now this is just seeming like a sales grab

#15 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Way to one up DC Marvel.

#16 Posted by Blizaga101 (912 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr: yeah i guessed he was jus trolling, still thought it was innaproriate though.

Agree wit your second point thought, seems like a "nice" idea for those who are getting or got married but it does seem like a way of making more money off of dedicated comic fans. See cause they never done this with any of the otherr amaizng couples you see on the variant. kinda like their exploiting their "first" gay couple which is a shame :/

#17 Posted by leokearon (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

So many failed marriages...

#18 Posted by Sammo21 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

too bad Noto's amazing art couldn't be utilized better...

@Blizaga101: If they were truly wanting to be progressive they wouldn't be making a big deal about it they'd just do it.

#19 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Pete and MJ  

OH THAT'S RIGHT. 

#20 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Exactly.

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Thank you. Just...thank you.

#21 Posted by DJ1107 (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@leokearon said:

So many failed marriages...

Well hey 3 outta 10 ain't bad let's just hope Northstar marriage last long.

#22 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Should have put Crystal and Ronan

#23 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God said:

@ReVamp said:

Should have put Crystal and Ronan

NO.

#24 Posted by deadpool25mm (579 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101 said:

Modern times? just because times have changed doesnt mean being gay is right.., it means people are disgusting.

#25 Posted by zombietag (1493 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks like a cool thing to take to Comic Con this year and commission an artist to draw something for you.

Seems kind of funny since some of the marriages shown no longer exist.

#27 Posted by Blizaga101 (912 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sammo21: agreed

#28 Posted by feargalr (1154 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101 said:

@feargalr: yeah i guessed he was jus trolling, still thought it was innaproriate though.

Agree wit your second point thought, seems like a "nice" idea for those who are getting or got married but it does seem like a way of making more money off of dedicated comic fans. See cause they never done this with any of the otherr amaizng couples you see on the variant. kinda like their exploiting their "first" gay couple which is a shame :/

Thats true, this was always going to happen with their first gay marriage though, its just one of those things, no point getting worked up about it. And it's really not a bad thing to publicise it

#29 Posted by Backflip (2256 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

where's Peter & MJ? oh yeah, that never happened...

#31 Edited by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I want Pete and MJ.

OH THAT'S RIGHT.
#32 Edited by cyberchop979 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpool25mm said:

@Blizaga101 said:

Modern times? just because times have changed doesnt mean being gay is right.., it means people are disgusting.

Ahhh....free speech. Isn't it great we live in a world where jackholes like can freely express their bigotry and hate. This way we know who to ignore and stay away from.

Good luck to Jean-Paul and Kyle. I love the Phil Noto art.

#33 Edited by deadpool25mm (579 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberchop979 said:

@deadpool25mm said:

@Blizaga101 said:

Ahhh....free speech. Isn't it great we live in a world where jackholes like can freely express their bigotry and hate. This way we know who to ignore and stay away from.

Good luck to Jean-Paul and Kyle. I love the Phil Noto art.

you like guys who like taking it in the @$$ dont you? well its sick and disgusting to me and every normal Human on this planet.

#34 Posted by Blizaga101 (912 posts) - - Show Bio

@mettlekm: ah i see what you did there :P

#35 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

Weird cover...but cool at the same time!

#36 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7268 posts) - - Show Bio

Phil Noto's art is really growing on me, my fave's have to be the Ororo + T'challa one, the Jean + Scott one and the Lilandra + Xavier one.

#37 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberchop979: just cuz he's against a lifestyle doesnt mean he's a bigot

#38 Posted by BST (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Makes me wish variants weren't so expensive because it would actually be cool to draw on it.

#39 Posted by IronAngelX (179 posts) - - Show Bio

Too bad we've strayed away from world-threatening story lines and went to soap operas

#40 Posted by cyberchop979 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33 said:

@cyberchop979: just cuz he's against a lifestyle doesnt mean he's a bigot

ummmm.... yeah, it kinda does.

The definition of Bigot from the Webster dictionary:a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices

#41 Posted by MarcoDaOne (8 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what's sick and disgusting, people like you. People who'll never experience true bliss or the wonders and pleasures of life because of there idiotic and stupendous thought process. Seriously who are you to judge anyone for who they choose to love. No one's saying you have to be homosexual, let alone like it, but you need not disrespect others, there sexuality has nothing to do with you, at the end of the day your not romantically involved with the same sex so what does it have to do with you...Nothing. Good day darling! :)

Sincerely,

The disgusting homosexual male Marco ;)

#42 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

Sad to think that ever since the 40s, Marvel only has had these 10 married couples!!

#43 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting concept! But I'm still just in stitches over BB's rendition ::chuckles:: Classic BB, classic.

#44 Posted by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

When it comes to equal rights for everyone I am all for it. But this has absolutely NOTHING to do with that! Who even cared about this second tiered character Northstar?

What this really says about Marvel is that they are trying to capitalize on sensationalizing a majority bias toward the gay community. Honestly why now? (when gay marriage Approval is being debated heavily across America & should be APPROVED) What other weddings are so pertinent to their story lines that they feel the need to sensationalize them? Or are we to believe that Northstar is so extremely relevant to the X-men & the Marvel Universe that this absolutely had to be told & in this fashion?

So Marvel - Why should we give a crap why anyone chooses who they choose to be with? I honestly don't care - its the union of 2 people & not the world & what their PERSONAL preferences are - IS JUST THAT -- PERSONAL

#45 Posted by cocas (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@summerslam1988: I have no problem with heterosexuals. However, it seems to me that every team HAS to have a straight couple. That annoys me a little :)

#46 Posted by scrhkb (1 posts) - - Show Bio

so, people who are geting all worked up about this DO realize that the X-Men have been a metaphore for how society treats homosexuals for a long time right?

#47 Posted by MarcoDaOne (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@cocas said:

@summerslam1988: I have no problem with heterosexuals. However, it seems to me that every team HAS to have a straight couple. That annoys me a little :)

Fabulous :)

#48 Posted by cocas (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@MarcoDaOne said:

@cocas said:

Fabulous :)

*smiles*

We got to fight our battles, especially if 'we' hope to see a Wiccan/Hulkling wedding in the future

#49 Posted by jonnystorm777 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@cocas: This is the gayest thing I have ever read!

#50 Posted by Jackson_Hartley (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@scrhkb: Its been a reedited mirror to alotta society's short comings with race, religion, sex, politics, etc. Sadly, alotta people either don't get the message or don't care; sadder is when they don't wanna get it.

To each their own, I always say... unless they start acting like idiots. Then it just goes from sad to pathetic.