• 117 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Who doesn't love an Adam Kubert X-Men cover, am I right? Marvel unveiled the stunning variant cover earlier today for issue #8 of AVENGERS VS. X-MEN. The cover focuses on the five major X-Men characters affected by the Phoenix Force; and front and center one of them seems to be holding some rather interesting weapons. Cyclops with the power of both Marvel's "God of Thunder" and their Super Soldier? Sounds like he'll be pretty hard to beat. Issue #8 of AVENGERS VS. X-MEN hits stores on July 18th, 2012.

AVENGERS VS X-MEN #8

AVENGERS VS X-MEN #8 KUBERT VARIANT (APR128210)

Written by BRIAN BENDIS

Penciled by ADAM KUBERT

Cover by JIM CHEUNG

Variant Cover by ADAM KUBERT

On-Sale – 7/18/2012

Marvel is proud to present your first look at legendary artist Adam Kubert’s variant cover to Avengers Vs. X-Men #8 – featuring the Phoenix Five! Now that the Cyclops has declared “No More Avengers”, Earth’s Mightiest Heroes are on the run! The chase comes to a head in Wakanda, as the sovereign nation becomes the target of an out-of-control Namor! Will the onslaught of the powered-up Sub-Mariner overwhelm the Avengers? The answer – and a shocking truth about the X-Men – are revealed this July courtesy of Brian Bendis and Adam Kubert in Avengers Vs. X-Men #8, exploding into comic shops everywhere, the Marvel Comics app and the Marvel Digital Comics Shop this July.

#1 Posted by Powerzone789 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah he shouldn't be holding either of those.......

#2 Posted by CRTrobinson (266 posts) - - Show Bio

cyclops looks badass!

#3 Posted by nomadicxnightmare (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the only part of this whole mess I'm actually excited about it the fact Colossus has hair again xD

#4 Posted by CrimsonTempest (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Since when does Nightwing wears a visor? And underwear?

#5 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

It's interesting that Cyclops is holding Mijolnir! Hopefully this happens in the comic itself, and thus confirming that Cyclops is a worthy man. It's a nice way of showing the Avengers that he knows what he's doing.

I wonder if Namor will die? He goes out of control, Cyclops is forced to end him, thus beginning the Emma vs. Cyclops clash. Could happen.

#6 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL at all the interviews where Marvel editors and writers said they weren't going to make Cyclops and the X-Men into the bad guys.

@CrimsonTempest said:

My question is when are people going to stop making jokes about how he looks like Nightwing? They aren't funny or original.

#7 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as i don't like this event, it's quite refreshing to see Cyclops holding both Captain America's Shield and Thor's Mijolnir. Considering what happened last issue, he's already proven himself worthy to weild the two weapons and then some. Thor isn't even fit enough for that title considering what happened in #6.

#8 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing with Cyclops visor, Thor's hammer, and Cap's shield.

#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (13674 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops is a badass.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27319 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel, why are you destroying my favourite characters? What the hell did I do to you?

#11 Posted by DATNIGGA (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

i love this event

#12 Posted by Spidey_Guy1 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops was always my favorite Mutant. Now he's an all the way bad ass. I'm loving it!

#13 Posted by danhimself (21901 posts) - - Show Bio

this event isn't nearly as bad as all the haters are making it out to be....it has actually been pretty good

#14 Posted by nomadicxnightmare (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonTempest said:

lol! I know right?!?

@jcbart said:

It's interesting that Cyclops is holding Mijolnir! Hopefully this happens in the comic itself, and thus confirming that Cyclops is a worthy man. It's a nice way of showing the Avengers that he knows what he's doing.

I wonder if Namor will die? He goes out of control, Cyclops is forced to end him, thus beginning the Emma vs. Cyclops clash. Could happen.

Screw that! I'm sure Cyclops holding Mijolnir is just for the dramatic effect of the cover. And even if it does come to pass, I'd contribute him lifting the hammer to the whole phoenix-possession thingie, nothing more. Now if Namor were to kick it, I wouldn't mind so much. And the possibility of a Cyclops/Emma feud would be pretty neat I think.

#15 Posted by infinite_gems (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@nomadicxnightmare said:

I think the only part of this whole mess I'm actually excited about it the fact Colossus has hair again xD

the entire event revolves around colossus getting his hair back after fear itself lol nothing else really matters

colossus's hair >infinite gauntlet > phoenix force

#16 Posted by BKole (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, why doesn't do Kubert do internal art anymore? He always does Varient Covers. I miss the looseness and expressiveness of his characters.

#17 Posted by zachkastner (188 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@CrimsonTempest said:

My question is when are people going to stop making jokes about how he looks like Nightwing? They aren't funny or original.

But... neither is his outfit :D

#18 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

For Cyclops, I really prefer blue panties with lots of white stars.

#19 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice Dramatic Effect with the cover Marvel

#20 Edited by Lokheit (492 posts) - - Show Bio

If he holds those during the proper event, it will be super badass, and as other said, prove Cyclops is worthy.

Every day I'm more and more convinced that Cyclops will remain true to his person (specially after the inifinite digital comic), and that the 2 going wild will be Namor (according to future issues, he will be attacking Wakanda and Black Panther isn't opposing them) and Emma Frost (I hope she isn't killed, it would be too redundant for Cyclops to loose another girl to the PF). Cyclops can maintain control. And both Rasputins have been dealing with superior and evil power so it isn't something they can't handle. But the Phoenix can exploit Namor and Emma personalities (the PF amplifies emotions, and both are known for some rogue decissions in the past) and make them the weak links causing the split.

#21 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

Niiiioce

#22 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

this event isn't nearly as bad as all the haters are making it out to be....it has actually been pretty good

Since #6, the majority of things before that were as bad as all the haters made it out to be. IMO.

#23 Posted by The Average Bear (2049 posts) - - Show Bio

Incredibly sick of Marvel characters in any given story line getting a temporary power boost just for the stories sake

Some recent examples:

Norn stones in Siege

Worthy/ Mighty in Fear Itself

And now this Phoenix Five. Can't heroes and villains flesh out a story without unnecessary power-ups?

#24 Posted by danhimself (21901 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@danhimself said:

Since #6, the majority of things before that were as bad as all the haters made it out to be. IMO.

well the problem is that a lot of people were judging the entire story off of one or two issues

#25 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@CRTrobinson said:

cyclops looks badass!

Yeah, I might pick this up simply because of how badass Cyke looks

#26 Posted by darkrider (421 posts) - - Show Bio

cool cover bad event

#27 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@danhimself said:

well the problem is that a lot of people were judging the entire story off of one or two issues

The entire event so far has been mostly filled with pointless fighting, has made all of the main characters look like jerks, and is one big ploy to make the Avengers look awesome. I can literally feel Marvel's sexual lust for the Avengers when reading the issues.

#28 Posted by buttersdaman000 (8796 posts) - - Show Bio
@zachkastner said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@CrimsonTempest said:

But... neither is his outfit :D

ba dum tshh
#29 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@nomadicxnightmare said:

Quoted for truth...

#30 Posted by grimmy342 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

darn! i thought they would never do a DC/ Marvel crossover, but lookey here, Nightwing the uni-eyed lightning god?

#31 Posted by Donavue (91 posts) - - Show Bio

This event is turning out to be such a let down. These outfits look ridiculous and I feel like each issue is so rushed. Also trying to follow where all the tie-ins fall in the continuity is an absolute mess. This is turning out to be a Civil War redux - done wrong - again..

#32 Posted by LordRequiem (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

Reminds me of when Superman held both.

#33 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Dat thong.

#34 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Does AVX make any one else hate the X-men?

#35 Posted by stu (375 posts) - - Show Bio

go cyclops go!!!

#36 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing becomes a mutant with eye-blasts, Thor's hammer and Cap's Shield.

MARVEL, WHO DAFUQ STOLE MY DC FAN-FIC?!

#37 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@danhimself said:

That's true, I'll admit...i was one of those people, but for good reasons. JR JR on art duties being one of many.

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@danhimself said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@danhimself said:

The entire event so far has been mostly filled with pointless fighting, has made all of the main characters look like jerks, and is one big ploy to make the Avengers look awesome. I can literally feel Marvel's sexual lust for the Avengers when reading the issues.

Quite right, even though up till now the Avengers are still looking like the complete idiots that Bendis has made them out to be, good on him, i'd say.

#38 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by jaredbright (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a bad cover. I'm not sure if it's needed, but it's not bad.

#40 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1634 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

It was me, I sent it to them. Forgive me my friend!

#41 Posted by DATNIGGA (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

@Greenflashlight: makes me hate the avengers a lil bit..

#42 Edited by Teerack (4548 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if once they decided to start killing all the avengers if the rest of the Fantastic Four will get involved. I can't see them being cool with letting Spider-Man or Thing being hunted and taken down by the X-Men.

#43 Posted by Mercy_ (92080 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I hate how he has the hammer and the shield...this is one of the best covers that I've seen. Absolutely gorgeous and still menacing.

#44 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@ReVamp said:

...Never. I WANT ROYALTIES.

On the bright side, at least I like Cyclops now, lol.

#45 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (884 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoboShark: so hilarious and true! Just makes it more ridiculous once you highlight it

hahaha

#46 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13859 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@ReVamp said:

...Never. I WANT ROYALTIES.

On the bright side, at least I like Cyclops now, lol.

so you are saying you are responsible for this thong and copyright violation? you will be hearing from my lawyers

but on a sidenote: HAHAHA look at the wannabe wearing thong just look...hahahaha and let's not forget the fact that Emma for once is wearing more clothes than Colossus, seriously that dress is kind of reaveling don't you think...hahahahaha

#47 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

Holding that hammer is a bold statement, but would it prevent them from being the bad guys in this event?

#48 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2168 posts) - - Show Bio

No, why is Bendis writing again? The book was garbage until the Hickman issue.

#49 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is trying to be more like emma with his clothes.

#50 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2156 posts) - - Show Bio

Some times covers have nothing to do with whats inside. So perhaps he doesn't end up holding the hammer.