• 109 results
Posted by G-Man (34145 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-Men are about to face a huge challenge in the upcoming AVENGERS VS. X-MEN crossover. There's no telling who will survive but it looks like we might be seeing a new team coming in July. Marvel has released the following mysterious teaser:

If you're going to WonderCon, you can find out more Saturday, March 17 at the Talk To The Hat panel, 4:00PM PST.

Do you think the choice of pink means anything?

Staff
#1 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

FOR THE LAST TIME MARVEL ENOUGH WITH THE X-MEN BOOKS PLEASE! You have enough out already. They should be cancelling X-Books rather than bringing more out

#2 Posted by Iron Apollo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

what the hell, i buy all the x-books, but i don't think i need another one. Unless this means the return of bishop to the side of the fold.

#3 Posted by jhazzroucher (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

uh-oh. i just created a new thread about this. My thread will be locked but it's ok. : )

@Iron Apollo said:

what the hell, i buy all the x-books, but i don't think i need another one. Unless this means the return of bishop to the side of the fold.

I really hope Bishop shows up here on every issue

#4 Posted by GothamRed (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

which side will this new team be on?

#5 Posted by The Stegman (24389 posts) - - Show Bio
T_T
#6 Posted by Iron Fist Angel (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh God no. I still have horrible memories of the first X-treme run. I love the X-men to death and they are the reason I still read comics to this day, but enough is enough. Even I'm getting a little sick of the overexposure. Oh and I'll bet Wolverine leads this team too.

#7 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

haha another x-men title...marvel just doesnt know how to compete with DC's 52. theyre starting to lose their minds that they cant pass the top twn spots on the top comics board so they figure the way to do it is make various avengers or xmen titles then make an avengers vs xmen event lol marvel your just not good enough to beat DC :p

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I act like a kid? Can I?

#9 Posted by Billy Batson (58026 posts) - - Show Bio

Milk that cow.
BB

#10 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

pink is the manliest man color

#11 Posted by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

So.. what team? I already know its gonna have wolverine in it.. everything always does

#12 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet Bishop and Sage are gonna be back.

#13 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES ! OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG. THE GREATEST X-BOOK THAT EVER WAS I BACK ! BACK I TELL YOU ! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK !

#14 Posted by DalekDoctor2011 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@GothamRed: nope they are netural like X-Factor used to be before Wolverine stuck his nose in!

#15 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

C'MON BLUE TEAM!!!!!!! *crosses fingers*

#16 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

C'MON BLUE TEAM!!!!!!! *crosses fingers*

Yeah, I'm guessing since Generation Hope's getting cancelled this would be the book to fill in the void, though, i was hoping for them to bring back the New X-Men but this is just as good, EVEN BETTER.
#17 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

FOR THE LAST TIME MARVEL ENOUGH WITH THE X-MEN BOOKS PLEASE! You have enough out already. They should be cancelling X-Books rather than bringing more out

SERIOUSLY.

#18 Posted by Outside_85 (9007 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pink probably because piXie is going to be on it.

#19 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

is it just me or are a strong majority of Marvel's books are from either the Avengers or X-Men brands? Literally, the majority.

#20 Posted by Novaar (56 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been said before but I just wish Marvel would stop trailing stuff before they've even done their big event. We're still waiting for A v X and yet we already have them showing us that there will be a 'new' Captain Marvel, a X-person wedding and now a supposedly new X Team.

I already think that they do too many books about too many Avengers and X-men. Yet at the same time they use some characters again and again (hello, Wolverine!) while not using some characters I'd like to see more of (Adam-X. where are you???)

#21 Edited by DalekDoctor2011 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope this book features X characters that haven't been seen for a while Beak, Angel (the other one), Forge? and Sage, have been mistreated as characters like Bishop and under used characters of the X-francises like Professor X, Armor and Hepzibah

It would also be good, if Jean does come back, if she went rouge from both X-Men teams and started a new team with a few familiar faces (like the characters I already mentioned) but mostly completly new characters (if thats possible now that SW is back and can give mutants there powers back)

My other theories are:

• That the it will feature the same cast as the original book
  • It will be a flashback series (could fit in with the theory above)
  • It will be set in and alternate timeline (fingers crossed it will be DoFP)
#22 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going to Wonder Con this weekend so I may just find out about this on Saturday :) Awesome stuff!

#23 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, not sure why people are complaining about the amount of X-Title's that there currently are, this isn't adding to the number. Generation Hope is getting cancelled so a BETTER TITLE BY FAR is replacing it's spot.

#24 Posted by moviegeek17 (1482 posts) - - Show Bio

for the love of christ marvel please stop............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#25 Edited by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Lvenger said:

SERIOUSLY.

I can't even begin to count how many X books there are. I think I shall go and do that.

EDIT: I've counted at least 13 X-Men related titles. Correct me if I'm wrong though. Not even Batman has that many at DC.

#26 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Lvenger said:

SERIOUSLY.

I can't even begin to count how many X books there are. I think I shall go and do that.

EDIT: I've counted at least 13 X-Men related titles. Correct me if I'm wrong though. Not even Batman has that many at DC.

As stated above, this is NOT adding, it's replacing.
#27 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Tentatively intrigued.

#28 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Lvenger said:

SERIOUSLY.

• Uncanny X-Men
  • X-Men
  • Generation Hope (cancelled)
  • New Mutants
  • Wolverine and the X-Men
  • X-Men: Legacy
  • X-Factor
  • Uncanny X-Force

@AgeofHurricane said:

Also, not sure why people are complaining about the amount of X-Title's that there currently are, this isn't adding to the number. Generation Hope is getting cancelled so a BETTER TITLE BY FAR is replacing it's spot.

Because it's still an absolutely ridiculous amount.

You have NO IDEA that this is going to be a better title. For all you know it's written by Bendis and drawn by JR JR. You don't know the creative team. You don't know the cast (other than the fact that you HOPE Storm is going to be on it). You know literally NOTHING about this book, other than it's title. It's far too early to judge anything about this book, other than the level of excitement and curiosity that people have towards it.

#29 Posted by the_fallen11 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

Errr this is probably something lame like the 'neutral team' at some point Scott and Logan come to an agreement and they will "lend out" members from either side to best deal with the threat....I don't know why but I do see Marvel thinking that idea would be cool.

#30 Posted by Arevish (302 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys i'm disappointed by the last marvel choices but you are too negative. I guess that when you first read about Johnny Storm's retourn you were very disappointed right? And what happened? Another excellent book from Hickman. Stop judging before reading! >.> Stop hating too.

Sorry for bad english

#31 Posted by stu (379 posts) - - Show Bio

i like that!

#32 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: Thanks for correcting me. Must have added some extras in there by mistake.

@The Dark Huntress said:

• Uncanny X-Men
  • X-Men
  • New Mutants
  • X-Factor
  • Uncanny X-Force

8 books about one franchise? Not necessary at all.

#33 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@Lvenger said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Lvenger said:

SERIOUSLY.

• Uncanny X-Men
  • X-Men
  • New Mutants
  • X-Factor
  • Uncanny X-Force

@AgeofHurricane said:

Because it's still an absolutely ridiculous amount.

You have NO IDEA that this is going to be a better title. For all you know it's written by Bendis and drawn by JR JR. You don't know the creative team. You don't know the cast (other than the fact that you HOPE Storm is going to be on it). You know literally NOTHING about this book, other than it's title. It's far too early to judge anything about this book, other than the level of excitement and curiosity that people have towards it.

Stop assuming. This title was a BETTER TITLE BY FAR than Generation Hope is/was when it was still getting published, IMO. The fact that Marvel is supposedly bringing it back after 8 years excites me to no end. And for your information, I NEVER stated anywhere that i knew what the creative team would be or of what's going to be in it's pages, as you said, it's called excitement. The amount isn't ridiculous, look at how many mutants there are in the MU, granted the majority have been depowered but you don't expect their lives to be contained in 4 books, do you ?
#34 Edited by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Generation Hope getting cancelled? This is probably taking it's place or at least going to the blue side. That side needs some help pretty badly.

Not even surprised about the whining. Never change internet comic fans.

#35 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
No. Too many X-Books right now. We don't need another. Damn Marvel, get your act together...
#36 Posted by jcj145 (185 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Yeah, I'm guessing since Generation Hope's getting cancelled this would be the book to fill in the void, though, i was hoping for them to bring back the New X-Men but this is just as good, EVEN BETTER.

It may be Generation Hope just under a new title, with maybe some New X-Men added to the roster

#37 Edited by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Stop assuming.

Please point me to where I assumed anything?

This title was a BETTER TITLE BY FAR than Generation Hope is/was when it was still getting published, IMO.

If you're referring to the past incarnation of the title, then I misunderstood your original post (and fail to see how the past title has any relevance here, as that's not what's getting published this time around). If you weren't referring to the past title, which this statement lead me to believe:

Generation Hope is getting cancelled so a BETTER TITLE BY FAR is replacing it's spot.,

then my point still stands.

And for your information, I NEVER stated anywhere that i knew what the creative team would be or what of what's going to be in it's pages, as you said, it's called excitement.

I never said that you said that. I was merely saying that you were assuming that it was going to be a far better title than Gen Hope. Without information like the creative team and cast, that's a pretty wild assumption.

Being excited and hopeful is one thing. Making broad generalizations like Gen Hope is getting replaced by a far better title is something else entirely.

#38 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Depends if you read X-treme X-men as a kid.

#39 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

@ReVamp said:

Depends if you read X-treme X-men as a kid.

I don't think I did as a kid, but the glee is too much.

#40 Posted by Solarflare32 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if they trying to get one last good run out of claremont while he's still alive. But off topic bring back sage, thunderbird 3 and bishop

#41 Edited by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Not gonna lie, I liked this book as well, I just have doubts if this new version will be as good as the old series.

#42 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

@ReVamp: Not gonna lie, I liked this book as well, I just have doubts if this new version will be as good as the old series.

It won't. Don't even expect it to, because it just won't.

#43 Posted by Lokheit (492 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed the first extreme series, hope this is at least as good as that one. I guess this is replacing Gen. Hope so basically we got the same number of titles (9, the list above forgot about Astonishing).

Do we know the writter and artist? A poster said it would be Bendis and JR JR, if this is true, it will partially ruin it for me as I never liked JR JR and I think he's overrated because he can draw quick.

#44 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Stop assuming.

Please point me to where I assumed anything?

This title was a BETTER TITLE BY FAR than Generation Hope is/was when it was still getting published, IMO.

If you're referring to the past incarnation of the title, then I misunderstood your original post (and fail to see how the past title has any relevance here, as that's not what's getting published this time around). If you weren't referring to the past title, which this statement lead me to believe:

Generation Hope is getting cancelled so a BETTER TITLE BY FAR is replacing it's spot.,

then my point still stands.

And for your information, I NEVER stated anywhere that i knew what the creative team would be or what of what's going to be in it's pages, as you said, it's called excitement.

I never said that you said that. I was merely saying that you were assuming that it was going to be a far better title than Gen Hope. Without information like the creative team and cast, that's a pretty wild assumption.

Being excited and hopeful is one thing. Making broad generalizations like Gen Hope is getting replaced by a far better title is something else entirely.

1/2. I was merely saying that you were assuming that it was going to be a far better title than Gen Hope. What makes you think that i knew this was going to be a better title that Generation Hope, I'm talking about the quality it had back when Chris Claremont was writing it, not what's going to happen to it in a couple of months. Seeing as how i am, it proves relevance to me because personally, I'm a big fan, evidently it doesn't to you. 

3. read above.

4. Like i said before it's called excitement, for someone like you who clearly isn't a fan of this book, or ever was, you wouldn't know about it or what I as a fan am feeling, things are different and this still relates to the quality of this title back in 01. 

A lot of people make broad generalizations, Generation Hope wasn't exactly one of the best titles to start off with, it's getting cancelled because of it's appeal to certain customers who pre-order the book beforehand and what not, the same may happen to X-Treme X-Men given it's creative team which may be good or may not be, but if I as a strong fan want to make wild assumptions like that without knowing the full fact's, it should not bother you.

#45 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33426 posts) - - Show Bio

As this book is replacing Generation Hope I'm going to say it's going to compries of young Mutants that mostly have a "I don't give a funk" attitude, kind of like Red Hood and the X-Men.

#46 Posted by DrewHLMW (53 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Uncanny X-Men
  • X-Men
  • New Mutants
  • X-Factor
  • Uncanny X-Force
  • Wolverine
  • Astonishing X-Men (joins wolverine's side with issue 48)
  • X-Trem X-Men

so it has 11 the same as Batman

But it has mini series as well like Alpha and Omega, X-Club and Magneto Not a Hero

so yes Marvel are milking the x-men for all they're worth especially with damn near every one of em being double shipped.

I would have no problem with this if they were all one issue per month but I don't think I'll be able to keep up with the x books with the constant double shipping and the fact they now have this event which will probably need all those bloody double shipping avengers books to understand.

It's very simple, marvel are taking the p**s out of us by charging $3.99 for most of these book as well. do they think we're literally made of money?

#47 Posted by virginiaforniquer (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel apparently believes that young males need more angst in their lives

#48 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: I'm all for it, though, I wish that it was New Mutants that was getting cancelled...-_-

#49 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9061 posts) - - Show Bio

Another X-book! I do not know if this a good thing or a bad thing. I guess we will learn more about it on Saturday

#50 Posted by lantern8685 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that it does feel like they are overexposing the x-men with too many titles, and even though Wolverine is one of, if not my all time, favorite characters he gets too much focus, but, if Jean Grey returns thanks to Avengers VS X-Men, maybe this can be her own team, seperate from Cyclops or Wolverine's teams. She has been out of it for a while, she'd definatley need time to figure out her place in this world, but, she is and always will be an X-Man and a hero. Heres hoping its a decent title.