Marvel Teases Post-Secret Wars Universe

• 127 results
Jaymes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@squalleon: And the Inhumans only came back from their own existence in space a little while ago. Change places!

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really, really, really hope they keep the "All-New, All-Different" thing out of the titles. Way to much of a mouthful.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

All-new All-different is way too long. It's not like we are gonna call it this whenever we talk about it. A theme needs a catchier name.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By illmatic4177

@squalleon: Of course the X-Men are not going anywhere. But you will continually have people swear they are being replaced even if they have like 5 ongoing books at the time. It's the same people that scream "reboot" constantly, it makes my head hurt.

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: So Secret Wars is a PR stunt..... that Hickman has been building toward for a couple years? Ok lmao.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The all new 52 oh wait.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Crimsonlord53

All-New All-Different same S#!^.

Opps did my inner cynic come out.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#savedaredevil

Please just don't let All-New, All-Different will be the adjectives on all/most titles. It already looks ridiculous enough for the Avengers book.

These.

DrEvil702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainhoopla: I completely agree !! This event has been awesome so far.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

I hated DC's One Year Later stories. It was a whole lot of nothing.

Still not reading till the PR stunts are over

In comics? You have a long wait.

Stewart77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Stewart77

I just want the Fantastic Four back... though I must say I'm enjoying God Doom and Ultimate Richards; they should have just called this event Ultimatum II

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#65  Edited By The Lobster

As long as Deadpool returns from this so called "death" he's currently in....I'm down for whatever this new universe has to offer.

kevinwalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who likes good stories and writers more than characters? Like I get it, Spiderman is cool, the X-Men were cool, but if those stories are bad who cares. Like I never cared about Thor but Aarons run had me reading every issue, and when Thor became a woman, I was there for every issue too because the stories Aaron is telling are great. Nathan Edmondson's stuff with Punisher and Black Widow, I'm a huge fan. Never really read those characters before (and prob. won't after his run is done), but the books are good. HAWKEYE! Another example, as soon as Fraction was done so was I. And people are whining about wanting Steve Rogers or Thor back. I honestly don't care if its a book about a no name milkman becoming the all new all different Captain America, if a writer can make a good compelling story, have at it.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@war_killer: I want captain falcon

I won't lie, originally I wasn't happy about the idea of having a new Cap, but since then I've warmed up to Sam as Cap and actually like what he brings to the mantle. My issue mainly is Remender's writing... He goes waaaay too much into the weird sci-fi side of things, having Cap go to another dimension, fighting villains with bubbles coming out of their heads, and having weird magical elevators... It's a far cry from the grounded, espionage spy-thriller stories we saw with Brubaker's run, and just doesn't fit well, in my opinion, with Captain America.

I honestly don't mind Sam being Cap at the moment, I just would rather he be written in that role under another writer who could bring the Captain America series as a whole back to it's roots that Brubaker had been doing from his very first issue.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@war_killer said:

I don't want "all-different," I want to see my favorite characters return to being the characters I love reading them as. Like Steve Rogers as Captain America again, Tony Stark to be a normal jerk rather than a "superior" one, Thor Odinson back to being THOR again, etc. I don't mind them shaking things up to try new stories out every once and a while, but at some point I would like to see them return things to how they should be. This all "all-new, all different" just sounds like more of what Marvel is already doing... Which is fine for a time, but I honestly was hoping that things would begin to return to the normal status quo following Secret Wars, not more of the same stuff we're getting right now...

The story lines you mentioned have been going roughly 8 issues.

I think you'll be ok.

And I will be okay... when Marvel stops trying to change stuff for the sake of changing things and simply gives us great stories with our favorite characters. :-P

Change is good at times, I'm not against that at all, but at the end of the day I just want to see Captain America punching Red Skull in the face and saving the day... nothing universe-shaking, nothing that causes news outlets to buzz about, but simple good-old fashioned stories about Marvel's Mightiest Heroes doing what they do best, which is kicking evil's butt.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

People should have known something such as this was coming when they started crossing the standard and Ultimate universes, "killed" Wolverine, then brought back Gwen Stacy (I don't care that she's some alternate world version.).

Now, they're completely getting rid of the Ultimate Universe, where actions and deaths actually had consequences.

Seeing what's become of Marvel comics makes me so glad that I completely got out. I like their movies, but the comics have become ridiculous.

Come over to manga, people. You get all the consistent story and art through the entire series. They're also more cost effective. $9.99 often gets you a 200+ page volume. If you'd like a more American-based manga, look up Gold Digger by Fred Perry. They also don't over charge digital editions. Gold Digger cost $0.99 an issue on Comixology.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to read the All-New All Different Uncanny Superior Inhumans.

...Assemble!

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wtk1013 said:

I just want my X-men to be ok......

amen to that; having said that, it's about time the X-Men had a freshen up, roster wise

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

I don't want "all-different," I want to see my favorite characters return to being the characters I love reading them as. Like Steve Rogers as Captain America again, Tony Stark to be a normal jerk rather than a "superior" one, Thor Odinson back to being THOR again, etc. I don't mind them shaking things up to try new stories out every once and a while, but at some point I would like to see them return things to how they should be. This all "all-new, all different" just sounds like more of what Marvel is already doing... Which is fine for a time, but I honestly was hoping that things would begin to return to the normal status quo following Secret Wars, not more of the same stuff we're getting right now...

No Caption Provided

My thoughts exactly, bro! We need new & exciting things done with the iconic characters we know & love, characters that still have unlimited potential. All that needs to be changed IMO is to find new creative teams that realize that potential and can tap it, give us the characters we know & love while still doing something new & exciting with them. It can be done; Marvel had been doing it for years up to this point; I mean, they're supposed to be the House of Ideas!

#savedaredevil

I'm with you on this bro:

#savedaredevil

tx12100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wtk1013: X Men Will Be The Same After Secret Wars. It's Only Avengers, they're changing.

tx12100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Daredevil

2. X Men

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm fine with that

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy,i just want to see an X-Men team leaded by Cyclops.All i ask.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you see '' IT WILL CHANGE FOREVER '' titles in almost every event, it lose its power. I mean they literally destroyed their multiverse ...how far can they go ? I am already worried that these characters coming up after Secret Wars won't be the ones I love and they are proud about it O.o

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it'd be kinda neat if they started the Ultimate Universe from scratch again... although I doubt that'll be the case.

I have a terrible feeling that Marvel continuity is going to become insanely convoluted after this

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I don't have any respect for Marvel's tactic of stringing us along. They're just going to bleed these changes out for months and months. I hate, hate, hate that. I have been buying Uncanny Avengers with all it's half-answers for now 4 months- don't they get that we live in a culture which celebrates the binge-watch, abbreviated seasons of cable shows that GET TO THE POINT?

adrianjfm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please just don't let All-New, All-Different will be the adjectives on all/most titles. It already looks ridiculous enough for the Avengers book.

This!

adrianjfm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like new and different but this "all new all different" is not new, so marvel, you are the house of the ideas, so put those brains to work and come up with something new and different with your old and great characters we all love

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By antithetical

@kevinwalsh said:

Am I the only one who likes good stories and writers more than characters? Like I get it, Spiderman is cool, the X-Men were cool, but if those stories are bad who cares. Like I never cared about Thor but Aarons run had me reading every issue, and when Thor became a woman, I was there for every issue too because the stories Aaron is telling are great. Nathan Edmondson's stuff with Punisher and Black Widow, I'm a huge fan. Never really read those characters before (and prob. won't after his run is done), but the books are good. HAWKEYE! Another example, as soon as Fraction was done so was I. And people are whining about wanting Steve Rogers or Thor back. I honestly don't care if its a book about a no name milkman becoming the all new all different Captain America, if a writer can make a good compelling story, have at it.

Honestly if the writers were as good as you say they should be able to come up with good and compelling stories with established characters and NOT have to bestow their powers and characteristics on another.. in effect what you are saying is "because I'm a 'no name milkman' having a 'no name milkman' becoming the 'all new, all different Captain America makes him (or her) more relatable to ME". Good stories can be told WITHOUT needing to deconstruct established characters, all we need is writers to put forth the effin EFFORT!

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#86  Edited By Grey56

Change can be painful, but in the end it certainly can be a good thing. Marvel has an obligation on many fronts to keep it's doors open - most notably to the fans (customers). In their ongoing efforts to do it - they'll do what is necessary to keep profits where they need them, and hopefully provide a good product to the readers in the process.

All jokes aside, event fatigue is real. That said, the market will bear what's it is willing to - and the moment events stop selling, and there is another proven cash tool....they'll probably continue. That said - I have yet to read any Secret Wars books though they are set to arrive, and when they do it will be the first event I'll have read from Marvel since being disappointed by AvX. My purchase of the books though is still a signal that I'm willing to buy event books.

If I could offer but one request to come as a result of the changes Marvel has teased - it would be to return to original numbering on as many of the books as practical. Providing that sense of history, and longevity is important for many reasons. I'm fine with whatever character changes come along, because in the end they typically come back to their roots - but bringing the numbers back would make an old man happy.

jonny1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

I really hope Dr. Strange and Black Panther are getting a new ongoing series.

Dr_Cheesesteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#88  Edited By Dr_Cheesesteak

All-New, All-Different, where we sh*t on our first flagship franchises, since they don't give us 100% of their merchandising revenue.

@squalleon said:
@wtk1013 said:

Rumors say they will leave the earth because the Inhuman mists are killing them.

Quite meta if you ask me :P

That'd actually be kinda neat, if they were just integrated into the Shi'ar Empire or something. Minimize the X-line and I actually LOVE that idea. I still won't give Marvel my money, though.

SlimJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point, I don't even care about them changing stuff in the universe; I just want whatever changes they make to continuity last for more than 2 years!

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't Marvel all new and all different two years ago with Marvel now or whatever? How many times can you be call new before it gets all old?

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, I'm fine with change and growth, but why "all new" and "all different"? Why not just add to what already exists?

kevinwalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By kevinwalsh

@antithetical:

@antithetical said:
@kevinwalsh said:

Honestly if the writers were as good as you say they should be able to come up with good and compelling stories with established characters and NOT have to bestow their powers and characteristics on another.. in effect what you are saying is "because I'm a 'no name milkman' having a 'no name milkman' becoming the 'all new, all different Captain America makes him (or her) more relatable to ME". Good stories can be told WITHOUT needing to deconstruct established characters, all we need is writers to put forth the effin EFFORT!

You misunderstood my point on the milk man lol. In no way was I saying I need some average joe to take the mantle of an established avenger to make them relatable. I'm saying no matter who is there, if the stories are compelling, I do not care about who is wearing the masks or carrying a hammer or has a batman logo on his chest. If you just want established characters like Steve, Iron Man, idk Peter Parker forever and ever, go back and read the 70+ years of stories they have. Also in almost all instances they aren't deconstructing characters, just shifting roles. Steve became general type, eyes in the sky after getting old. Thor is still rocking shit with an awesome axe and metal arm. I am 100% for doing something different, because new things are cool. Mad Max: Fury Road is like an all new all different, and Im glad there was a major focus on Furiosa, where Max wasn't the center of attention. The established world from those previous movies allowed a frame work for Charlize's character to be introduced and do awesome things, comics could take note.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoblinAlGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In 8 months every MARVEL fan will migrate to Valiant Comics.

FALL 2015

Image Comics is welcoming New comers.

abeyance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

All new, all different, all will be theatrical based just like the cartoon series they are releasing. X-men get to pay the price for decline in popularity due to mishandling of movie series. Avengers, Guardian of the Galaxies, Inhumans, Doctor Strange and whatever other Marvel owned movie will see a boost in output comic wise. I'm scared for Miles (Ultimate Spiderman) because I don't see them killing off Peter Parker for him to shine bright. Pretty sure Thor is going to get his hammer back in the next few months. Inhumans settling on Earth, I am content if that happens. Hulk becoming Maestro at last would be boss. Now we just need to see what the TOAA is doing with all this universal mayhem going on. Isn't his job to make sure this kind of stuff doesn't happen?

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully an Invisible Woman solo is in this "All-New All-Different Marvel"

acekalama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's only teaser bros

calm thy tits

mjbiebs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@wtk1013 said:

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#100  Edited By KritikalMassX

@squalleon said:
@mightymodok said:

@kritikalmassx: @squalleon: People the X-Men are not leaving earth because of the mists. That's stupid.

That's like Marvel's motto for years now.

Well, it's not like DC's any better, either...Have you seen what they're doing to Superman lately? He's losing his powers and turned him into some sort of a biker dude. Rather go with anything that Marvel is doing right now.