• 57 results
Posted by G-Man (30654 posts) - - Show Bio

Yesterday Marvel confirmed the new creative team taking over THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN this November. That won't be the only major change we'll be seeing. There's been talk of the Marvel NOW! initiative. We've heard about the new series coming and there's going to be new directions and creative teams.

Today, Marvel has teased the new creative team for what we assume is THE MIGHTY THOR.

When it comes to being "worthy," we can't help but think of Thor. It isn't clear if the previous existing series for THE MIGHTY THOR and INVINCIBLE IRON MAN among others will all be ending in October and all relaunching with new #1s in November.

What's interesting is this title and INVINCIBLE IRON MAN were both written by Matt Fraction. He has the new HAWKEYE series beginning this week but we have to wonder where Marvel is going to put him now that he won't be writing these two series. There has been rumors about which titles he'll be taking over so we'll have to wait until we get a confirmation. Or at least until Marvel decides to tease what he'll be doing.

Also, Jason Aaron is writing a few Marvel titles as well. Which one(s) will he be leaving in November?

Staff
#1 Posted by TwistedGamer (79 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll miss fraction

#2 Edited by jubeiyagyuX (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Its obvious Fraction is going to FF.....and he'll ruin it Sorry Val, Bentley and the gang we had a good run but I'll have to leave with Mr.Hickman :(

#3 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@TwistedGamer said:

I'll miss fraction <3

Ew.

#4 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, Whatever I thought having Tanarus around the Marvel U would be fun but it let me down just the rest of this series...

#5 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

um... what the heck is marvel NOW!? it sounds like a cheesy tabloid. i havent read disney i mean MARVEL books since like 2009... someone fill me in?

#6 Posted by ZiPPY45 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

O man this actually looks like a great team! I really enjoyed Ribic's art on The Ultimates and Jason Aaron is a great writer, Im not a huge Thor fan but I might have to look into this title come November!

#7 Posted by zombietag (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

jason aaron??? thats a change up for him. this is going to be the most brutal thor weve seen haha

#8 Posted by jwalser3 (4796 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup that's a real big teaser.

#9 Posted by G-Man (30654 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#10 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Ribic does some really good painted artwork (silver Surfer Requiem)

#11 Posted by cc1738 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

I want this series. I've never read Thor and I really want to pick it up. It's not fair. There are way too many series that I want to get between Marvel and DC.

At DC, I'm currently getting Green Lantern, Aquaman, Nightwing, Batman, and once Lobdell takes over I want to get Superman.

At Marvel I'm not getting anything at the moment but I want to get All New-X-Men, Uncanny Avengers, Thor, Iron Man and probably Captain America. Plus, I want Uncanny X-Fore(which everyone says is amazing) too.

I can only afford five or six series not ten. I wish I was rich. I have to drop something to get any of these series but I don't want to. :(

#12 Posted by xAnimosity (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets hope this is better than Aaron's Incredible Hulk run..

#13 Posted by pmvaun (14 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as they let Aaron continue to write Wolverine and the X-Men it will be great. I hope he does this more of how he did Wolverine or Wolverine and the X-men and not how he did Hulk. It is insane to think that those books are done by the same writer. Hulk is so bad!

#14 Posted by TwistedGamer (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Why "ew"? When did people stop liking fraction? Iron fist, his run on iron man have been great, and I'm looking forward to hawkeye. I may not have read Mighty Thor that much but I don't get the hate

#15 Posted by longbowhunter (6785 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds promising but I doubt it'll be a buy for me.

#16 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

@TwistedGamer said:

Why "ew"? When did people stop liking fraction? Iron fist, his run on iron man have been great, and I'm looking forward to hawkeye. I may not have read Mighty Thor that much but I don't get the hate

Uncanny X-Men.

#17 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's true then I'm glad to see Fraction leaving Thor. He might write an interesting Iron Man but his take on Thor was pretty awful.

I have mixed feelings about Aaron on this book though. Some of his stories are great but his run on Incredible Hulk (2011) is an abomination and his X-Men: Schism was so poorly written and biased it was laughable...

#18 Edited by BushidoBlack (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Quality team. I can't imagine this being bad at all. Ribic will make this book very visually impressive. This might be the first Thor series I consistently pick up.

#19 Posted by mattwing87 (426 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Jason Aaron continues writing Wolverine and the X-Men!

#20 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (921 posts) - - Show Bio

I freaking hope Aaron doesn't quit writing Wolverine and the X-men!!!! i just started collecting the series via HCs and i'm loving the series, and hope it remains even after Marvel Now, (oh and if he does need to drop a title, drop Hulk). Hmmmmm, also will Marvel be rebooting Amazing Spider-Man series aswell, since the Marvel Now! poster shows him in a new costume?? i personally don't mind, since i just started reading from Big Time...

#21 Posted by SC (12705 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay given how Aaron has used Thor so far in other books I am not super excited, but I do like how he writes his other book, so I am looking forward to see what he does with Thors. I still get the feeling Marvel is just randomly seeing what writers fit where. Fraction's run on Thor was extra horrible because he had to follow two of the best Thor writers in recent history. Three if you count Michael Avon Oeming's end of volume 2 run. The three pre Fraction Thor writers were fans of the character and knew the characters history and they wrote good stories that attracted new fans as well as appealing to long term fans. It shows in the writing when a writer really actually likes the character and knows the characters history so I really hope Aaron does, based on his writing of Thor elsewhere, I hope he does not end up as Fraction 2.0.     

Moderator Online
#22 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

"Thank god" is my reaction.

#23 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and Ironman aren't the only ones. Bleedingcool hinted at a possible Incredible Hulk run by Mark Waid.

#24 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope he'll do better than Fraction... which shouldn't be hard.

#25 Posted by ThanoStomp (781 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope they take a good lesson from J.S.M. His run was great.

#26 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17331 posts) - - Show Bio

aaron's writting Thor , he already took a dump on hulk, now he is out for thor

#27 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

Thor and Ironman aren't the only ones. Bleedingcool hinted at a possible Incredible Hulk run by Mark Waid.

LINK PLEASE, I BEG YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!

#28 Posted by Lvenger (18392 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm given his run on the Hulk I feel slightly tentative about Aaron taking over Thor. I hope he doesn't screw things up.

#29 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall: @venomoushatred1001: @Lvenger: I wish Thor was returned to Classic Levels.

#30 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Hmm given his run on the Hulk I feel slightly tentative about Aaron taking over Thor. I hope he doesn't screw things up.

this

#31 Posted by Billy Batson (57778 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall said:

If it's true then I'm glad to see Fraction leaving Thor. He might write an interesting Iron Man but his take on Thor was pretty awful.

I have mixed feelings about Aaron on this book though. Some of his stories are great but his run on Incredible Hulk (2011) is an abomination and his X-Men: Schism was so poorly written and biased it was laughable...

Pffft Marvel events (Schism) are supposed to bad, silly goose :)
BB

#32 Edited by BushidoBlack (116 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@xAnimosity said:

Lets hope this is better than Aaron's Incredible Hulk run..

Hope Hulks better started off interesting but turned dreadful real quick

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Hope he'll do better than Fraction... which shouldn't be hard.

Fraction did brilliant on Iron Man loved that series.

I'd also like to see how Fraction would do with Captain America now he's finishing with Iron Man

#34 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw, poor Thor.  

Terrible writer.

#35 Edited by Omega Ray Jay (7588 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm I do like Aaron's Ghost Rider work but not really read much more of his stuff so don't know how this will go, Love Ribic's work though.

Also Fractions run on Iron Man, specifically Worlds Most Wanted is one of my favorite series of all time, his X-men run however not so much.

#36 Posted by NicolasPrime (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I have read more DC than Marvel. Are these number 1's going to be reboot-esque, or keep all of the old continuity? It is hard for me to jump in when there are already hundreds of established stories.

#37 Posted by Tmul501 (597 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh...I was thrilled because I got to drop Iron Man since Land was taking over. Now I gotta start picking this up! Damn you, Marvel! Give my wallet a break!

#38 Edited by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this might series might make sense now. I swear every two issues there is r something missing that is crucial to the story making sense.

#39 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8895 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaron is a good writer, but I am not a big fan of Thor. So, I probably will not be picking this up. But I am excited to hear what other titles should be coming out for Marvel Now.

#40 Posted by AngeTheDude (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Just get Fraction off this book so I can start reading it again.

#41 Posted by Iridium (131 posts) - - Show Bio

@AngeTheDude said:

Just get Fraction off this book so I can start reading it again.

Well said ...

#42 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice development I say. Seems Jason Aaron is for sure done with Incredible Hulk to take this on. Good stuff.

#43 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do they NOT just put Gillen back on Thor?! He was quite good on it and has written the character and his supporting cast/world superbly in JIM. Fraction turned me off of Thor. Like a lot of his books these days, he had some cool ideas that he failed utterly to capitalize upon. Aaron could be cool on this though, I don't really enjoy his traditional capes work but there's no denying he's a very talented writer. And I can't say anything about Ribic that hasn't been said already, dude's a BEAST. If this book isn't trying to milk me for 3.99 I MAY give it a go.

#44 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! It's about time Fraction got off the book. Now I can read Thor again!

#45 Posted by Dernman (14755 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do I get the feeling they are going to pull an Eric Masterson on Thor?

#46 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikeclark1982 said:

um... what the heck is marvel NOW!? it sounds like a cheesy tabloid. i havent read disney i mean MARVEL books since like 2009... someone fill me in?

Wow man. Do you do stand up? That was hilarious.

#47 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaron on Thor...

I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing...

#48 Posted by secondfallen616 (119 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Aaron's work for the most part, but damn it was really getting good with Fraction's run........

#49 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

Here's a visual teaser. I dunno if there's a link for it though.

My big issue is that Hulk is Incredible, not Irredeemable. Unless they're thinking in terms of nutso Banner, or, slight chance at this, a new thing on Red Hulk and his "redemption".

#50 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

@TheAcidSkull:

Here's a visual teaser. I dunno if there's a link for it though.

My big issue is that Hulk is Incredible, not Irredeemable. Unless they're thinking in terms of nutso Banner, or, slight chance at this, a new thing on Red Hulk and his "redemption".

or Waid's popular series Irredeemable lol