#1 Edited by G-Man (32081 posts) - - Show Bio

Any thoughts what this might be about? 

Is this a time travel thing or just a retrospective bit? May 2011 feels like it's quite a ways off... 

UPDATE 

Marvel's asked to replace the image with this one (it now has First to Last on it) and the following: 

Starting with Giant Size X-Men #1 and continuing in X-Men #11

Staff
#2 Posted by Duncan (11444 posts) - - Show Bio

What's with all the teasers coming out of Marvel?

#3 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it some kind of anniversary at May 2011?

#4 Posted by Chane (539 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the artist? 
Surprised that the bottom comparison is Wolverine to Beast, when Beast is still kicking around.  
But then Wolverine has to be everywhere I guess...!

#5 Posted by eldestrisk (635 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems even writers and artists think Emma is just a replacement for Jean. (Not what I think but anyways)

And Wolverine instead of Beast. lol

#6 Posted by RLAAMJR (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

oh my. No Storm. : (

#7 Posted by sora_thekey (8161 posts) - - Show Bio
I don't understand why this is about but it's kind of sad that they are not using the First Class costumes (They are better!) 
I am wondering if it will have anything to do with another dimension...  

Even if it does have something to do with time travel, why isn't the professor facing himself from the past? 

@Chane
said:
" Who is the artist? Surprised that the bottom comparison is Wolverine to Beast, when Beast is still kicking around.  But then Wolverine has to be everywhere I guess...! "
The artist is Paco Medina... and remember that Beast is no longer part of the X-Men. 

@eldestrisk said:
" It seems even writers and artists think Emma is just a replacement for Jean. (Not what I think but anyways) "
She is a telepath like Jean and she dates Scott just like Jean, plus she is the "lead" woman of the team just like Jean.  
She might not be her replacement but she does fill in a slot that Jean left behind. 
#8 Posted by hydrabob (14977 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is the humans that were turned into mutants in the last couple of Uncanny X-Men issues

#9 Posted by spiderguylll (620 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh HELL YEAH Cyclops the badass vs Cyclops the badass boy scout

#10 Posted by the_fallen11 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

*drools* Cooooooool!

#11 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
Uncanny X-Men #531
Current roster versus the originals... or versus the test-tube muties from the recent Uncanny X-Men stories??
#12 Posted by G-Man (32081 posts) - - Show Bio

Minor update in the original post.

Staff
#13 Edited by Sobe Cin (599 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man:    Can we just through Age of X first without more teasers for another group of comics I have to buy. I am so interested in Age of X that First to Last seems kind of hit or miss at the moment. Also can we get a petition going to have Ricochet from the Slingers become an official X-Men characters, the poor kid is in comic book limbo.

@xerox-kitty said:
"
Uncanny X-Men #531
Current roster versus the originals... or versus the test-tube muties from the recent Uncanny X-Men stories?? "

I would have to say that they are to the test tube mutants, mainly for the fact that the angel from that group is a girl.

@Chane:

Beast is currently with the Secret Avengers and probably still pissed at Cyclops to join him against their counterparts in the picture. 
#14 Posted by Jake Fury (18384 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"
Uncanny X-Men #531
Current roster versus the originals... or versus the test-tube muties from the recent Uncanny X-Men stories?? "

Nah, the test tube version of Angel is a chick.
#15 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont know about this....

#16 Posted by VanTesla (518 posts) - - Show Bio

I take old school because the direction for the origin characters have been sad in my opinion. 

I want the younger to step up but they are all oddly written to tell who can be leader and so forth... 

To many different writers always ruins the story...
#17 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (355 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man said:

Any thoughts what this might be about?

Is this a time travel thing or just a retrospective bit? May 2011 feels like it's quite a ways off...

UPDATE

Marvel's asked to replace the image with this one (it now has First to Last on it) and the following:

Starting with Giant Size X-Men #1 and continuing in X-Men #11

HOLY!!!! Shit! What is this????
(i acknowledge the slowpork nature of behavior)