• 75 results
Posted by G-Man (29436 posts) - - Show Bio

As we wait for Infinity to break out across the Marvel Universe, we're continuing to get small bits of detail. As a new threat heads towards the Marvel U, Thanos will also be making his move.

Marvel released a teaser today giving an clue as to who will be there to protect Earth while the Avengers are away.

From the battlefields of Infinity comes a new team to protect Earth! With the Avengers light-years away in space, contending with the Builders, and Thanos’ marauders ransacking the Earth, doing as they please - who will stand in defense of mankind?

Staff Online
#1 Posted by Xwraith (10941 posts) - - Show Bio

They're going to make the GotG part of the Avengers, aren't they.

#2 Posted by tim_mik (115 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by mesosteros (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist?

#4 Posted by Cavemold (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel should have a line just for events

#5 Posted by DJ1107 (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Cue the hundreds of viners complain & bash something from Marvel & condemn it before reading it and by the time it does come out people will actually like it....

On subject this is clearly the return of The Mighty Avengers

#6 Posted by ShadowX (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm guessing Iron Fist is a member of this Might Avengees from that first one. Also I love this teaser actually. I hope we get some more woman, poc, and hopefully even some LGBT representation. :x

#7 Posted by zombietag (1481 posts) - - Show Bio

STAHP.

#8 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

FOR

SAKES

MARVEL

#9 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

CBR says it says it's Luke Cage.

#10 Edited by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

@dj1107 said:

Cue the hundreds of viners complain & bash something from Marvel & condemn it before reading it and by the time it does come out people will actually like it....

THANK YOU!!!

Also I hear that during Infinity the Avengers alone may not be able to face the threat,and that they kinda have to get support from other interplanetary characters (like the GotG).

SO,it only makes sense that there will have to be a team that defends the earth while they are gone.But I agree completely with what you say....isn't logic just grand?

It's not even about them liking it,it's about them forming an opinion on something that they haven't even read yet....and usually when some of these dumbf***s read something they usually come with a bias from the get-go.

#11 Posted by darkrider (421 posts) - - Show Bio

who cares anymore

#12 Posted by Michael_Moran (86 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio
@dj1107 said:

Umm no...most people bash their events. People hated AvX, Seige, Fear Itself, AoU, Dark Reign, Secret Invasion, Etc. Marvel always starts the event well with 2-3 interesting issues gets people hooked then royally ****s up with the rest of the event, in which it usually ends with nothing but an all out brawl tossing all the build up and story in the garbage for a PIS ending

and the fact that they do this crap every 6 months, while also revealing the end result such as The initiative, Dark Reign, Heroic Age, Marvel Now, before the event even gets off the ground only makes it worse.

#14 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet!

#15 Posted by amutant (267 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by cuddles667 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

@cavemold said:

That would actually be kind of awesome. We could follow the entire universe in just one title!

#17 Posted by Protoflash (97 posts) - - Show Bio

While im not too excited for either this or infinity. Im at least going to give them both a shot... I dunno. Maybe I just haven't read enough comics to be a cynic yet...

#18 Posted by Lt_Cmdr_Kicker (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel unlocked the Scrapper Class finally.

#19 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

So Miss oh wait captain marvel's mighty avenger's are making a comeback.

#20 Posted by Beast_in_the_Shadows (420 posts) - - Show Bio

@lt_cmdr_kicker: Yeah, I saw that and the first thing I thought was the scrapper symbol for avebgers' Alliance too. They are similar, but not identical, so in this teaser I assume it is meant to represent Iron Fist.

#21 Posted by oldnightcrawler (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

:D

#22 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4518 posts) - - Show Bio

Haters come in multitudes!

#23 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (884 posts) - - Show Bio

hahaha, can we get to the actual event first before we hype stuff that happens after it please?

#24 Posted by Teerack (4550 posts) - - Show Bio

So I guess the X-Men are just not paying attention xD

There are 6 spaces and they're making a movie, so I'm just gonna guess it's Big hero 6? or some kids from the initiative.

#25 Edited by mksystem74 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, the AR app thing goes to an interview that says its Luke Cage.

#26 Posted by frozenedge (930 posts) - - Show Bio

I say either Iron Fist or Skaar for some reason

#27 Posted by kriminal (585 posts) - - Show Bio

just dont buy the event if you dont like events. i enjoy them. many good titles come out of events like all new x-men out of avx.

#28 Posted by GothamRed (2561 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx said:

Yeah, the AR app thing goes to an interview that says its Luke Cage.

So it's Luke Cage...IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE?

#29 Edited by Colmillo_Senpai (17 posts) - - Show Bio

black bolt and the inhumans

#30 Edited by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by manwithoutshame (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's Mighty Avengers. Who else could be offline, Iron Fist, Doctor Strange perhaps? I don't know, who else isn't being used right now...

#32 Posted by henkuo (8 posts) - - Show Bio

That fist looks a lot like the symbol for the Scrapper Class in the Marvel Avengers Alliance facebook game. I wonder if there will be a tie-in.

#33 Edited by Mr. Messy Face (118 posts) - - Show Bio

@cavemold said:

That would actually be kind of awesome. We could follow the entire universe in just one title!

It should just be called MARVEL.

#34 Edited by ghostcopy (22 posts) - - Show Bio

So I just did the AR thing which showed Blue Marvel and She-Hulk as being on the team, there was also a Spider logo but not sure which one.

Edit: I did the AR thing again and got Superior Spider Man and then Luke Cage

I am not sure why I am getting different results each time!?

#35 Posted by ShadowX (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostcopy: scarlet spidey maybe? Is there a way to see it without the ar?

#36 Posted by ghostcopy (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx not sure about how to see it without an AR app unless it happens to be your (somewhat lame) super power lol

#37 Posted by ShadowX (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostcopy: dammit if only i wasnt depowered during M-day lol

#38 Posted by ghostcopy (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx: *shakes fist in the air* lol

#39 Edited by ThanosIsMad (2169 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldn't the X-Men protect the Earth? I mean, there's 600 of them.

#40 Posted by ShadowX (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostcopy: superior spiderman huh :/ i guess that gets rid scarlet spiders chances then

#41 Posted by summerslam1988 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they're going to reveal a new character every day. In each AR video, they say "Today we have this character for you." I don't know why they released three videos in the same day though. Error, maybe?

#42 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

It's either Luke Cage, Spider-man 2099 or else the Mighty Avengers.

#43 Posted by Outside_85 (7123 posts) - - Show Bio

So are they going to make a book about Avengers Alliance now?

#44 Edited by antoniostark (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go ahead and say Mighty Avengers.

#45 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5556 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

They're going to make the GotG part of the Avengers, aren't they.

Well, the original Guardians Of The Galaxy are officially considered to have been Avengers, so it wouldn't surprise me.

#46 Posted by DJ1107 (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: that plus some Avengers have been (Mantis & Moon dragon) or are (Iron man) members of the Guardians.

Still that's jumping the gun about this event

#47 Edited by iceslick (715 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys don't get mad and be happy! It's another DC's equivalent of another Batman or Superman or Justice League book. lol

#48 Posted by The_Tree (6422 posts) - - Show Bio

My interest is piqued. Looking forward to seeing what this results in, and Infinity.

#49 Posted by Killemall (16976 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Black Bolt was gonna be the leader during Infinity thats what Hickman said and Blue Marvel is a character who was going to be back for the event as Hickman and Brevroot felt that character is under-developed.

#50 Posted by Killemall (16976 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldn't the X-Men protect the Earth? I mean, there's 600 of them.

There has been big hints that Onslaught is coming to Earth in the form of Red Skull, and given is he about to mess with Legion atm X-men might be too busy fighting Onslaught.

Crossover are coming out of woodworks at the moment.