*down vote*

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By sethysquare
ripping off dc again? Right after the first Green Lantern being teased. oh boy.
ALittleTooRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By ALittleTooRaph

@Billy Batson said:

looks bleh.
BB

A teaser cover with 4 different words on it (including the month the book is set to release) looks bleh? Okay. Thanks for your informative opinion.

Calico5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Calico5

YAWN

There is no way another x-book can work or could be interesting. Going back in time (lame) x-men hidden years tried that, and that title isn't around anymore. Bendis would be awesome for an x-title and would be a reason to pick it up, but who says its going to be him and how long will he be working on it before he moves on and it becomes another story to buy. I hope this is something awesome and a story with great unveilings of marvel characters. Some of my own thoughts on the First X-men are in line with AVX. The fallout from this event leaves the mutant race to realize they need there own singular team to do what x-men do. The kicker... the first generations of x-men become x-men. So Cyclops, Wolverine, Husk, Beast, Iceman, Rogue, Cannonball, Psylocke, Legion, Magneto, essentially anyone before the Prodigy, Hellion, Surge era, WHILE the Hellion, Surge era and on (new lights and newer new lights) go to school.

Another idea could be the separation of the original x-men and where they are now. Cyclops is running Utopia and after the AVX event who knows what his position could be. Iceman is simply chillen at the school, but again AVX what will happen? Beast is on Secret Avengers and at the school so AVX drama might pull him one way or another. Angel is cuckoo and reverted to a teenaged version of himself with no memory of his days as a first x-men. Jean Grey = Hope in my mind (not just the red hair and green outfit), but the Phoenix Force may imprint Jean onto her giving her the memories and abilities of Jean and possibly the Ms. Marvel version of Jean as well. AND there is Professor X, who made his way into the shadows and could actually play a huge role in bringing mutants back together. They are scattered across so many books and maybe if he was a universal liaison for all there can be more continuity and plausibility to multiple teamed characters like Psylocke, Beast, and of course Wolverine. When you look at where all the first x-men ended up, there is incredible possibilities for where they can go...together?

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Lurkero

If this isn't about Marvel officially modernizing the X-men canon then I do not care. The Xavier and Magneto WWII story is getting outdated. You're gonna have to change it one day.

HelloDonatello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By HelloDonatello

@Calico5: I don't understand your post. You start off by saying how another X-Men title can't work or couldn't possibly be interesting, but spend the rest of the post talking about all the things that could happen that would make this X-Men title interesting.

torzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By torzone

Jean's returning?

HelloDonatello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By HelloDonatello

@torzone:oh Lord I hope so! But what makes you say that? Because she was an original member?

torzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By torzone

@HelloDonatello said:

@torzone:oh Lord I hope so! But what makes you say that? Because she was an original member?

Yeah, I really hope she gets brought back into the X-men storyline it feels like she has been out forever

Red Rum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By Red Rum

Hmmm... maybe they're going to reveal who the first mutant hero was or is, like how Apocalypse was the first mutant villain.

dewboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 17

#61  Edited By dewboy01

Would this show how/where/when when the words xgene, and mutants take place? 'Cause to me, it's possible that mutants and eternals would have any connections from the Celestials.

HelloDonatello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By HelloDonatello

@torzone said:

@HelloDonatello said:

Yeah, I really hope she gets brought back into the X-men storyline it feels like she has been out forever

I couldn't agree more. She's been gone for WAY too long!

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#63  Edited By pspin

This sounds like it would better in trade than single issues, so I will wait

edtie97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By edtie97

Maybe the first xmen consisted of captain America in the 1940's.

HelloDonatello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By HelloDonatello

@pspin said:

How about getting each issue and putting them on the shelf until you get a few collected to read all at one time. This way not only do you not have to wait as long for the trade, but you will also be contributing to the sales of a book that you seem to want to read. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#66  Edited By pspin

@HelloDonatello said:

@pspin said:

How about getting each issue and putting them on the shelf until you get a few collected to read all at one time. This way not only do you not have to wait as long for the trade, but you will also be contributing to the sales of a book that you seem to want to read. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

That is my justification for waiting even though I want to read it, I can't afford another book, even if it is a mini.

OldManJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67  Edited By OldManJoe

@Mega_spidey01 said:

@Mycroftian said:

Would really rather see X-23 come back, if we have to have another x-book. Ah well.

HelloDonatello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By HelloDonatello

@pspin said:

@HelloDonatello said:

@pspin said:

That is my justification for waiting even though I want to read it, I can't afford another book, even if it is a mini.

That's cool. I completely understand.

jaredbright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By jaredbright

I bet this is going to be like when the finally introduced the 3rd Summers brother and they changed the story of how the 'All New, All Different' X-Men came about.

OH well. X-Men books are Marvel's most consistently good titles in my opinoin.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#70  Edited By MrMazz

We couldn't get the First X-Man?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Blood1991

A Jean Grey story perhaps?

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#72  Edited By Mbecks14

@Arevish said:

Another X-Men title, just what we need.

@Mucklefluga said:

Sounds sooo interesting *eye roll*

Wow way to steal exactly what i was going to say!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#73  Edited By Teerack

i wonder if this is gonna be connected to the whole "no more avengers" thing. Because cap was the first avenger. i could see if wanda ends up rewriting history again, replacing cap with namor as the first x-man or something.

Avatar image for monitor_earthprime
monitor_earthprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped reading the X-Men family books years ago. This looks to be yet another attempt to go and shoehorn in another series that time forgot. The problem I have is if this is a prequel is it going to look like it or is it going to be told that it happens in the past but shows actual modern tech.

crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By crazed_h3ro

YAY! another X book, like the other 20 weren't enough. And what are they really trying to pull, we know how the x-men were founded. Maybe it's an Erik and Charles book, who knows.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#76  Edited By Hawkeye446

@Mercy_ said:

Yawn

It's times like these that I miss and her awesome rants about stupid, vague teasers.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

At this point, why doesn't Marvel just rename itself X-arvel? Because I swear if I see another X-title I'm going to upchuck!

jonnystorm777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By jonnystorm777

@Omertalvendetta: I also look forward to these previews. I stay positive of new stuff. Love all of it.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#79  Edited By TDK_1997

Every year we have more teasers than the last year and the stories are always crap from Marvel.

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#81  Edited By InnerVenom123

Lulz.

Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#82  Edited By Ganthetsward20

Like I told the guy at the comic book store the other day. I refuse to try to get into X-men anymore because they are always doing some twist to everything and I cant tell whats going on with old characters and the new character. I just wish the old team was dead and that there was always a new batch of mutants to grow up with. Its stuff like this teaser and such that kills my hopes of ever liking X men stuff.

Dont get me wrong I have enjoyed uncanny x force(asside from that captain Britain thing) and Wolverine and the Xmen but as soon as those books tie into the X-men continuity Im out of them and spending my money on other stuff.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#83  Edited By leokearon

This better not be a stupid story where it reveals there was a group of X-Men before Scott and Co.

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#84  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Could be the deadly genesis team. Or not.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

#85  Edited By X35

@leokearon said:

This better not be a stupid story where it reveals there was a group of X-Men before Scott and Co.
New Avengers #12
New Avengers #12
X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#87  Edited By EdwardWindsor

@Mercy_ said:

Yawn

It's times like these that I miss and her awesome rants about stupid, vague teasers.

seconded

MarbleDynamic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By MarbleDynamic

Wooow.....

DarkChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By DarkChris

I smell a First Class-retcon! Maybe it's about a group of X-Men before the original that Xavier and Magneto found. I hope not. And I hope it isn't from Bendis, Fraction or Brubaker. I hope it is from Carey.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By KainScion

@Super_SoldierXII: yes you are the only one. now be quiet. nobody wants dc relaunch marvel style.

JMLG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By JMLG

pass

Novaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#92  Edited By Novaar

Ah, Marvel...can't you just finish A v X before you suggest yet another X-men title...one smelling of retcon!

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#93  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Mercy_ said:

Yawn

It's times like these that I miss @xerox_kitty and her awesome rants about stupid, vague teasers.

You should always miss Xerox-Kitty >_< 

My guess is this being about a group of mutants set in the past (medieval England or something). 
KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By KainScion

another x-men book

No Caption Provided
Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Stormultt

Lol.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#96  Edited By Meteorite

I really hope they're not doing the same thing that they did with the 1959 Avengers....

Avatar image for monkeyonurback_
monkeyonurback_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#97  Edited By monkeyonurback_

aww jesus ye're all so bitchy!  i hope this is about some secret team that all got killed before scott and the rest showed up!

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By feargalr

Ultimate perhaps...

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#99  Edited By ReVamp

@TheCrowbar said:

Bendis

I just hear that being whispered to me when I read this.

Hm. That's true.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:

I smell another crappy retcon......

What do you mean 'another'? Marvel has never really retconned before. "Heroes Reborn", while crappy, wasn't really a retcon and was canned anyway.

I'd love to see new takes, after decades, of some of these characters without them being weighed down by said decades of continuity. Much of which is simply riddled with inconsistency and crappy writing anyway. Some of these icons really do need to be cleaned and polished moving into the second decade of the 21st century. Hold onto the great stories that worked, and dump the rest.

If Marvel does take this route, I hope they bring in top talent, stick with consistent writing and not a plethora of writers each with varying ideas of how it should be done or each with a different idea of what makes, say, Spider-Man tick. The writers would benefit from a quick spin through the Vine's battle forums to see all the various quandaries raised such as;

- Should Rhino really tag Parker outside of plot with a spidersense and reflex speed on superhuman levels (given his power-set why would he)? Would he really 'hold back' to the extent he gets his arse kicked? When he gets tagged (and he should by highly skilled players), Marvel needs to keep it credible.

- Is Wolverine a tank or a martial artist? Does he get KO'd by street levelers or can he stand a round or two with Hulk? Given his power-set and adamantium, why wouldn't he? I'd love to see peak humans hurting their hands on his indestructible jaw again. A dash of realism would really help the franchise IMO.

- Just how powerful is Thor anyway? What are the limits to what Mjolnir can or cannot do?The Mjolnir and Roger's shield plot devices need to be squared away. Is Steve a peak human, or is he enhanced as he was in the recent Marvel movie?

- What are the effects of faster than light speed in battles ... should said speed be ignored or just simply handled better? Ignoring these powers creates huge gaps of inconsistencies, befuddles readers, and removes the immersion.

If they retcon, and I'm all for it, they really need to get it right. (Sorry, guess my rant fell on your post!)