• 161 results
Posted by G-Man (32168 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been a while since we've seen one of those mysterious Marvel teasers. To rectify that, Marvel has released the following image:

What could this be about? Don't we already know everything about the early days of the X-Men? Is there some sort of trick going on here? The only other information released with this is the following:

Coming this August.
Find out more this Monday @ 5PM EST at Marvel.com
Who are The First X-Men? Join the conversation on Twitter with #FirstXMen

Any thoughts what Marvel might be trying to pull?

Staff
#1 Posted by Arevish (302 posts) - - Show Bio

Another X-Men title, just what we need.

#2 Posted by Mucklefluga (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds sooo interesting *eye roll*

#3 Posted by fingernail9 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Another Magneto, and Charles story?

#4 Posted by SadiaVicious (133 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mucklefluga said:

Sounds sooo interesting *eye roll*
#5 Posted by mattydeNero (525 posts) - - Show Bio

This could be a Marvel type of "What Ever Happened To the X-Men" story. But yes, yet another X-book.

#6 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't we just get a Point One issue?

#7 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyke?

#8 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be the 11th (soon to be 12th if you include Gambits title) X title out from Marvel.

Wow

#9 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio

Yawn

It's times like these that I miss and her awesome rants about stupid, vague teasers.

#10 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis' thing perhaps?

#11 Posted by ghost_runner (277 posts) - - Show Bio

facepalm

#12 Posted by ahgunsillyo (113 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a bit of a long shot, but I would like to see it be another take on the original X-Factor and have it just be Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Beast and Angel on a team doing whatever it is the X-Men do nowadays. Besides arguing. Between Schism and AvX, there's just way too many silly arguments in that corner of the 'Verse. Just have it be an old-school superhero adventure that also focuses on the specific characters and their interactions with one another.

Knowing the way things go, though, it probably won't be that. And it'll probably have Wolverine in it.

#13 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

all this teaser means to me is ANOTHER x-title.

*sigh marvel is running out of ideas. i think they should just do a "new 52" like reboot. theyre sales would go up dramatically they have another reason to compete with DC, they can also do things like this giving readers the best start they can and with all the upcomming marvel movies they can milk profit from them drw in new comic readers and what not...

it just seems like a good idea. i odnt think they should just keep making more and more Avengers and Xmen titles.

BUT....i will get in on the Gambit and Hawkeye series laer this year.

#14 Posted by Johnnyjavavee (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Cmonnnn Cavemutants

#15 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis

I just hear that being whispered to me when I read this.

#16 Posted by cattlebattle (12694 posts) - - Show Bio

I smell another crappy retcon......

#17 Posted by Dernman (14935 posts) - - Show Bio
@Arevish said:

Another X-Men title, just what we need.

this 

Might be another retcon where oh look what you thought was the first X-Men were not really the first.
#18 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11346 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't afford this many x-men books...nor do I want too, but still.

#19 Posted by Omertalvendetta (395 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that actually looks at all of these teasers with enthusiasm instead of cynicism. Everyone just seems to bitch and complain; I look at it as what it is. A marketing ploy to continue to save a struggling market. However, it still excites me because it means that we will have comics come August, despite their "quality". Yet, every time people complain, they rush to the store to buy the books. It works, that's why they do it.

#20 Posted by Mycroftian (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Would really rather see X-23 come back, if we have to have another x-book. Ah well.

#21 Posted by sora_thekey (8161 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_

Yawn

It's times like these that I miss and her awesome rants about stupid, vague teasers.

QTF
#22 Posted by ALittleTooRaph (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone keeps complaining that this is yet ANOTHER X-TITLE. Yep, it sure is and if you're interested, Great!.. if you're not, Okay cool. I don't understand why everyone gets so bent out of shape about stuff like this. There is only one reason that Marvel has decided to advertise ANOTHER X-TITLE... it's because X-titles usually sale very well. If people continue to buy X-titles, then there's always going to be more of them. It would be worth arguing about if ALL of the titles were written/drawn by the same creators and focused on the same angles, however, each one is different from the next.

For the record... I don't buy every X-title, so I would appreciate it if my post wasn't replied to with nothing but "X-Men fanboy" comments.

#23 Posted by Sleepbutnodream15 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omertalvendetta: completely agree. Just don't buy the f**king book if you don't want it. I LOVE X-MEN. I like seeing the x-men from different perspectives. That being said, I bet this is gonna be about Apocalypse's origins in Egypt and all that. CANT WAIT.

#24 Edited by ThanosIsMad (2202 posts) - - Show Bio

As with the "first" Avengers, Sabretooth will be on the lineup.

#25 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12922 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh lord, first Bendis recon the avengers founding roster now someone is going to do it to the x-men

#26 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm...my interest is piqued...

#27 Posted by Sleepbutnodream15 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine, Wolverine and the X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, New Mutants, X-treme X-Men, Astonishing X-men, X-men Legacy, Age of Apocalypse, Gambit, and The First X-Men. AWESOME.

#28 Posted by Mokey (188 posts) - - Show Bio

You know if they actually TRIED advertising their other quality not X-Men comics maybe they wouldn't need so many.

#29 Posted by ALittleTooRaph (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omertalvendetta: well said. We are all comic fans or we wouldn't have accounts at this website. Any teaser that promotes interest in a comic should be a good thing.

#30 Posted by ALittleTooRaph (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sleepbutnodream15: you're right! Most of those titles are awesome!

#31 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

If its just a mini I could care less about it....

If its a new series I would love to her more about it. I wish they would at least say who will be working on it, give me a name so that I may set my X-citement level!

#32 Edited by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as It's about the the original X-Men team (Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Angel, Beast, and Ice-Man), I will read it. I've been wanting them to come back together for a long time. If not, then I will try it out then drop it if sucks.

#33 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mycroftian said:

Would really rather see X-23 come back, if we have to have another x-book. Ah well.

#34 Posted by PurpleFeather738 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arevish: Good god....

#35 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6238 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it means both Avengers and X-Men are being retconned personally.

Honestly, am I the only one who hopes Marvel retcons the Marvel U?

There are so many inconsistencies with characters. So many convoluted titles. It would be great to see a huge clean sweep and a new take on Marvel's icons that highlights the good and garbages the junk. If done right, if the principle titles are written correctly, it's a great chance to highlight what makes each character and team of characters work, and trash the rest.

Who wouldn't want to see all the plot, writer and character induced stupidity run rampant over decades set right. Morals, power-sets and principles of each icon corrected and re-explored ... new depths and dimensions embellished.

#36 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Now what could this be?

#37 Posted by TheHeat (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omertalvendetta said:

Am I the only one that actually looks at all of these teasers with enthusiasm instead of cynicism. Everyone just seems to bitch and complain; I look at it as what it is. A marketing ploy to continue to save a struggling market. However, it still excites me because it means that we will have comics come August, despite their "quality". Yet, every time people complain, they rush to the store to buy the books. It works, that's why they do it.

People love to bitch and complain. It's a lot easier to do.

#38 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

@ALittleTooRaph said:

Everyone keeps complaining that this is yet ANOTHER X-TITLE. Yep, it sure is and if you're interested, Great!.. if you're not, Okay cool. I don't understand why everyone gets so bent out of shape about stuff like this. There is only one reason that Marvel has decided to advertise ANOTHER X-TITLE... it's because X-titles usually sale very well. If people continue to buy X-titles, then there's always going to be more of them. It would be worth arguing about if ALL of the titles were written/drawn by the same creators and focused on the same angles, however, each one is different from the next.

For the record... I don't buy every X-title, so I would appreciate it if my post wasn't replied to with nothing but "X-Men fanboy" comments.

I was going to write something similar to your comment, but you beat me to it.

#39 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mega_spidey01 said:

@Mycroftian said:

Because that wasn't a terrible comic the first time around....

#40 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@fingernail9 said:

Another Magneto, and Charles story?

If done correctly that would be amazing.

#41 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (926 posts) - - Show Bio

What if this was just a story of X-men being around centuries ago??? and not just the Charles and Magneto X-men??? O.O....

#42 Posted by Icarusflies (12490 posts) - - Show Bio

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

#43 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully this isn't like Bendis' attempt at the First Avengers with that one team with Kraven and Nick Fury and crap. That was really dumb and crap like that really just sullies the history of the team you do it for.

Now if we're talking about a story about a pre-cursor to the X-Men that involves Sage and Xavier, then I wouldn't really mind.

But if it doesn't involve Sage or Xavier at all then this book will be crap.

But please let Sage be involved, there's much too potential with that character to just throw her away.

#44 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this herald the return of Vulcan?

#45 Posted by TerrellV13 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like some more X-Men: Deadly Genesis bull...

#46 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

let me guess Nick Fury came with the X-Men idea before Xavier

#47 Posted by ALittleTooRaph (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7:Thanks. Glad I'm not the only one who sees it that way.

#48 Posted by Billy Batson (57939 posts) - - Show Bio

looks bleh.
BB

#49 Posted by etamogrey77 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe the xmen get their asses kicked after avx and this books show them starting off fresh with cyclops not being a douche(or leader if hes still a dick) and a new or old team coming together for a fresh start maybe

#50 Posted by DJ1107 (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we let some other character have a ongoing thats not an X-men? Captain Britain? Blade? Ka-zar? Black Panther? Hell I'll take US-1! I like marvel (probably the only one here who does) but enough with the X-books already it's almost as bad as the number of Bat-books DC has!