Marvel Teaser: Rick Remender's MINDBUBBLE?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Marvel has released another teaser for another All-New Marvel Now! title.

No Caption Provided

Same as yesterday, we do not have any more information besides Rick Remender writing and Pascal Alixe and Nic Klein doing the art. The information will be revealed at New York Comic Con.

The other question is, is MINDBUBBLE the actual title or some sneaky adjective to describe what the book could be about?

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Really like Nic Klein and it goes without saying Remender is great. Color me curious.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Oh it's his Captain America villain Dr. Mindbubble (one of the worst names in comic history) So I guess this might be a Cap spin off maybe a mini series about Nomad in the Z dimension?

InkInk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By InkInk

Ugh Remender get ready for pointless deaths so he can write a depressed hero only to bring back the characters he killed as he ends his run. Remender is Marvels most overrated writer.

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@inkink: oh yeah. just the other day i read a book with daken back from the dead no problem. oh wait no.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 SC  Moderator

Will be about psychic twerking obviously. Do the mind bubble yo, etc #mindbubble #psychictwerking.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Yeah its for an upcoming Captain America storyline he is a villain he seeded in X Force.

Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

That is so weird I just thought about this the other day and if it would be re-visited. In an old issue of his Uncanny X-Force run, I believe Dark Angel is walking through a hall of statues which contained the likes of En Sabah Nur (Apocalypse), the Skinless Man and Dr. Mindbubble. Rick mentioned it in an interview but it was so long ago I didn't think we'd ever see it.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BR_Havoc

@turel_hash_ak_gik: I stopped reading UA at issue 6 is it worth picking up? I have found Remender's Captain America to be a let down so far is he doing better on UA?

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

what about that marvel teaser stay vigilant? no more news on what title that will be?

Kurtisimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kurtisimus

New Uncanny Avengers arc. I'm really disappointed by Remender's Marvel Now! stuff though, but after Brubaker it's going to be extremely hard for someone to write a Captain America story I like.

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@br_havoc: havent been reading that since issue 3. sorry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

From what I've heard, Remender's work has nosedived since UXF ended.

Which is a real shame, because I love that book so much.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BR_Havoc

@turel_hash_ak_gik: Its all good I read the first story I liked it but did not interest me enough to continue.

@perfect_10:

@kurtisimus:I agree with you there I loved Brubaker's work so reading Remender now it seems he wants to get rid of everything that Brubaker brought to the table. So I had to drop Captain America for the first time in 8 years after the Z dimension.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dondave

Will probably read it but Pascal's art is sh*t

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: @kurtisimus: He's said several times though not to compare him to Brubaker. He went in a different direction and interpretation on purpose as he didn't want to compete with Brubaker.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

For some reason this made me think of The Ultimates, Mr. Fantastic and the Future Foundation in the Ultimate U.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: That is true but what annoys me about his current run is that he seems to want to act as if Brubaker's run did not exist and when he "killed Sharon" it just killed my enjoyment of his series I liked seeing Steve growing up but when we get this all hope is gone doom and gloom it's hard to want to continue

comic_shaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By comic_shaun

First post in months, this is exciting. Pascal Alixe is a phenomenal artist, just look at Sever Soldiers: Mister Miracle #1 , great issue with some insanely intricate traps and layouts. Will be looking closely at the news to come from this.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love me some Remender. He's on my list of people who's stuff Ill read just because it's them

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By nappystr8

@dondave said:

Will probably read it but Pascal's art is sh*t

Are you sure you have the right guy. There are a lot of Pascals, and Pasquals, and Pasquales in comics. As far as I'm concerned Alixe is probably the best one.

bloodguts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm starting to think these teasers aren't going to be the titles of books.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Cool.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I wonder....

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@br_havoc: Good memory! I forgot all about those statues once the book was canceled.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By saoakden

@br_havoc: I have to recheck that issue of Uncanny X-Force but dang you have a good memory.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JamDamage

@inkink: every single person who read his Uncanny X-Force run disagrees with you. The same people who are reading his current Uncanny Avengers run. Plus the new readers who jumped on because they are Avengers fans too. ALL DISAGREE!!!!!!! His Venom fans, his Secret Avengers fans. ALL DISAGREE!!!!!

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith:

It's kind of hard to compare anything to UFX. That run, when it was going on, was getting some of the highest reviews I've seen from a book. The Dark Angel Saga was a masterpiece. If the art was better, the Final Execution storyline would have no doubt been waaaay better. I loved his Secret Avengers run. That was great. I'm enjoying the shit out of what he's doing on Uncanny Avengers right now too. The first arch was good, but once again the art sucked. I don't know why they keep giving Remender such shitty artists after he had Opena. Put Open on the title again. Or have Yu jump from Avengers to Uncanny Avengers since UA is so much better. Yu would do great on it. The current story line is a direct sequel to Dark Angel Saga and it's ripping it up right now. So much fun. long story tho. At least we were getting 18 issues a year with UFX, now this story is taking so long to finish. I can not wait to read the ending tho. Where it's going now is fantastic.

LimboBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LimboBot

does anyone have a clear idea on what this will be about? Cap? Uncanny avengers? anyone?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamdamage: Opena has deadline problems. That's why you don't see him much anymore.

InkInk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamdamage: His Secret Avengers was terrible he surprised no one by going in a dark sci fi direction and had a premise that attempted to be deep but fell into being nonsense. Marvel did not even like his run if they did you think they would of kept robopym and robowasp.

His X force was good I can not disagree with that but that was his only work that was great all his other books he tries to capture that same dark ambiance with pointless deaths for shock value which the next writer brings back after he leaves.

I never said he can not write a good story but there few and far between now he is extremely overrated. Read his Captain America its a mess.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BR_Havoc
The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Mindbubble = Sue Storm? I don't know spitballing outside the box I guess.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#36  Edited By Teerack
Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

hmmmm, this sure is a teaser. Gotta love it when Marvel comes up with these vague teasers.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By adamTRMM

I like Uncanny Avengers, but people overrate UXF too often. While Kyle/Yost's X-Force stopped real threats (Purifiers, Legacy Virus, Stryfe/Bishop, Necrosha, Nimrords), what did Remender's X-Force do? I'll tell you what, they cleaned their own **it whole the time.