Marvel's INFINITY #2 Cover Revealed

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

This September Marvel will launch their next big event that will feature the entire Marvel Universe facing off in "the biggest battle" they have ever faced. The event will be written and illustrated by some of the biggest names at Marvel including Jonathan Hickman, Jim Cheung, Jerome Opena and Dustin Weaver. Check out the cover to issue #2 of INFINITY by Adam Kubert and let us know what you think of the upcoming event.

No Caption Provided

This September, the Marvel Universe fights for survival in the biggest battle it’s ever faced – but first, Marvel is proud to unveil the jaw dropping main cover to Infinity #2 by Adam Kubert! Infinity, the six part blockbuster comic event of the summer, brought to you by the star studded creative team of Jonathan Hickman, Jim Cheung, Jerome Opena & Dustin Weaver, takes fans to every corner of the Marvel Universe, and beyond! Earth has been marked as an “Avengers World”, protected by Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and more from the deadliest threats facing humanity. A powerful and destructive race is on a collision course with Earth and the only thing in their path is the Avengers! But even Earth’s Mightiest Heroes realize the one hope of defeating this dire threat is to unite every great hero across the cosmos…because only with a united Avengers Universe is there any chance of survival!

With our heroes at the other end of the universe, who is left to protect Earth? Enter Thanos, the galaxy’s most ruthless threat and an unparalleled force of brutality who brings order to the chaos of life through murder. The greatest threat to the Mad Titan’s work—and perhaps the universe’s greatest hope—is something he created leaving no world safe. Earth’s last hope may lie in the hands of a man who can level cities with a single whisper – Black Bolt, king of the Inhumans. But can the fearsome leader of a race hated and feared by his world, lead his people against Thanos? If they fall, so does the Earth—and the entire universe with it.

The Biggest Heroes. The Biggest Threats. The Biggest Sacrifices. This is Marvel’s INFINITY.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

So... Age of Ultron isn't even over and they're teasing the next event?

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose
Poncho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

no 3D covers? well, shucks.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

"the entire Marvel Universe facing off in the biggest battle they have ever faced."

Yeah, never heard that before...

CaptainCyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CaptainCyke

It's a Hickman event, your arguments against are invalid.

consafo80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By consafo80

The biggest most game changing event to happen since last weeks event!!!!

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

"the entire Marvel Universe facing off in the biggest battle they have ever faced."

Yeah, never heard that before...

lol just wait until they say "an event years in the making" or "and event that shall shake the marvel universe to its foundation" they seem to utter that crap with ever event

DCWarFan73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@consafo80: Seems that is the way of comics - people are so unfazed by all these events.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Osian2

IMO The problem with all these events isn't that there are so many but that it's always the same plot. Fear Itself/Avengers Vs X-men/Siege/Secret Invasion all were basically Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Wolverine and Spider-Man vs a Major Threat. Even now in Age of Ultron Wolverine of all people is the star with Sue Storm living up to her name as the Invisible Woman! How about an event where Gambit, Johnny Storm, Cyclops, She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk, Daredevil, Captain Marvel and Iron Fist (and every other overlooked character) are the main heroes? Give me that story Marvel!

DCWarFan73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

That being said having the Inhumans return and maybe becoming the saviors is pretty cool.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RustyRoy

@osian2 said:

IMO The problem with all these events isn't that there are so many but that it's always the same plot. Fear Itself/Avengers Vs X-men/Siege/Secret Invasion all were basically Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Wolverine and Spider-Man vs a Major Threat. Even now in Age of Ultron Wolverine of all people is the star with Sue Storm living up to her name as the Invisible Woman! How about an event where Gambit, Johnny Storm, Cyclops, She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk, Daredevil, Captain Marvel and Iron Fist (and every other overlooked character) are the main heroes? Give me that story Marvel!

Agreed.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Nice

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It never ceases to amaze me how Jim Lee, Adam Kubert, etc, are still drawing for more than 20 years! And they're all getting better and better. Heck, I remember I was like 13 or 14 when Jim Lee drew X-Men Genesis way back in 1990s.

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: bendis wanted to do age of ultron last year, marvel changed their mind at the last minute and filled the void with the awful Avengers v X-men, marvel could't throw away age of ultron, so they've released it and immediately started the hype train on something else. and by marvel i mean disney ;)

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@osian2 said:

Damn Right we need another Squirrel Girl beats the major threat story

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#17  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

It will probably be mediocre as AoU.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Meh.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I really hope those are S.W.O.R.D. ships. Earth needs to not suck by now.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Well cool. Still another event that just makes me yawn at this point, but I do love Kubert's artwork.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel myself drifting to Image comics lately...

But I'll always read Hawkeye. Heh.

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right

Like, Marvel, gurl plea.

But its a cute cover.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Black Bolt and the Inhumans defending Earth-616 against Thanos while the Avengers of Multiple Realities fight a Space Armada?

Well the first part hasn't been done before. Comic Fans sleep on the Inhumans. Damn Kirby created a ton of characters.

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"A Event That Will Change The Marvel Universe Forever! Just Like The Last Event That Changed The Marvel Universe Forever More. And Don't Forget Next Month When A Event Years In The Making Changes The Marvel Universe Even More Forever'er!"

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Everything is the 'biggest thing' at this point. It's the boy who cried wolf. Just like it was with AvX...and Fear Itself...and all the events before that. As interesting as this looks, Marvel needs to stop advertising every single event (which are plentiful) as the be all, end all of events.

@muhabba said:

"A Event That Will Change The Marvel Universe Forever! Just Like The Last Event That Changed The Marvel Universe Forever More. And Don't Forget Next Month When A Event Years In The Making Changes The Marvel Universe Even More Forever'er!"

Brilliant.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Saren

I remember when Age of Ultron was the event that would change the Marvel Universe forever......now it's just a waste of perfectly good printer ink.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Veshark

*shrugs* I like the creative team; I have faith in cosmic-Hickman, Opena's art is gorgeous, and Justin Ponsor's one of the illest colorists. But I don't particularly care for Thanos, the Infinity Gauntlet, or events on a whole.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By TDK_1997

OHHH Marvel,you make me laugh so hard.Last year they were teasing Age of Ultron(event that is going to change everything) and when Age of Ultron started coming out the next event was teased - Infinity(another event that may change the universe).

JUST STOP WITH THE STUPID EVENTS!

jackassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nice cover, haven't really heard too much of the event, will probably pick it up, see what's what with it.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Half the people complaining about event comics can't wait to buy the first issue. Have to love the whiners.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too much spoilers, can't resist. :(

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Let's wait and see after the first few issues before we start using the word "event". The cover itself looks good but keys wait and see. The pace that AOU set really made alot of the readers stop reading it (other reasons as well) so marvel please hype this only of it merits it.

bimayu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel infinity...on the other side of town DC trinity...

bimayu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By bimayu

@osian2: i absolutely agree with you...i miss stories like iron fist's 7 capital cities of heaven...btw i think the mystical city of K'un Lun has the potential to spark/host a big event in the marvel universe...but i guess I'm stuck reading another avengers event