Marvel Reveals Final Members of The MIGHTY

• 139 results
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

They put uninteresting characters into a team and slapped MIGHTY on it...

vPuik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By vPuik

I've never heard of half the team, so it should be interesting.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#53  Edited By Teerack

@thundergodswrath said:

@doombot890 said:

I'm guessing Luke Cage will be leading the team and I'm actually happy that this isn't a predominantly white team like most of the avengers incarnations.

also this isn't the full line up so that is also cool.

Agreed, black characters are needed. Although Blue Marvel should lead.

You also have to ask yourself who would they follow? Cage is the right choice because no one knows Blue very well, while Cage is a leader that has earned their trust.

@mtrakos said:

aside from blue marvel, this is a "heroes for hire" type of team. I'll be saving my money

How?

Scantenii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pass...

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might drop uncanny x-men for this, depending on the writer. But tbh, there's just no interest in the team for me. Give moon knight or punisher an ongoing instead of this...

bimayu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Put a bunch of unused characters and smack mighty on the title?? Earth is doomed...why not just solidify underdogs/unused/unknown characters that we are already starting to like ie. iron fist, punisher, runaways, etc. rather than putting together a whole new bunch of'em and ignoring them in the future anyways

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Yep, although I would be satisfied with an ongoing series of Blue Marvel.

@hawkguy said:

I might drop uncanny x-men for this, depending on the writer. But tbh, there's just no interest in the team for me. Give moon knight or punisher an ongoing instead of this...

I'm with ya on that one. Uncanny X-Men is not good in my opinion. Not even average, and I hate the art. Although Punisher shouldn't get an ongoing series as of now. I believe Moon Knight, or Blue Marvel should get it.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: I am with you on the art bit, and this series has very much turned me off of Bendis. Why do people rave over nothing happening in a comic? Forget dropping it when this comes out, I'm dropping it asap. Any series you would recommend?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this line up.

It seems like this book is being used to showcase characters that are sort of in the ether post AVX or atleast that's what it seems like anyway.

With that in mind though there are two characters on this team that I don't understand why they would be here, those two are Superior Spider-Man and She-Hulk. Why? Because if this book is to showcase characters that aren't doing anything right now then why use Spider-man who is one of the biggest characters around and She-Hulk who is with the FF? It just doesn't make sense to me, for example pre-AVX White Tiger and Power Man were with Avengers Academy and now that book is gone so yes please give them some spotlight here they deserve it, but Spiderman? I mean Otto did leave the Avengers but really Otto is pretty busy in New York but Kaine for example he's in Dallas he's not doing anything why not bring him in? That way you have your spider and you bring him into the Marvel NOW. And She-Hulk like I said she's with the FF, why nor bring in Red She Hulk? Her book just got canceled the timing is perfect.

But that is just my observation, or it least it was meant to be. Anyway I like this team and I can't wait to see what happens that leads to them forming up. My only hope is that White Tiger and Power Man bring up the missing Academy kids at some point.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkguy said:

@thundergodswrath: I am with you on the art bit, and this series has very much turned me off of Bendis. Why do people rave over nothing happening in a comic? Forget dropping it when this comes out, I'm dropping it asap. Any series you would recommend?

I'm with you on that one. I would recommend Uncanny Avengers & Thor God Of Thunder.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#61  Edited By Teerack

I just realize this team is almost the full team from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon xD I really hope Sam joins when he gets back from infinity just because it'll be funny :P

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that rest are known, my anticipation went through the roof. I am truly excited beyond all belief. When I saw the tiger symbol, my heart skipped several beats, so finally she gets the spotlight! Blue Marvel getting bigger time gives me the.awesome willies!

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: I'll check out Thor, I'm more interested in a single character book as opposed to a team book, I like the specific focus and I haven't had the pleasure of reading much Thor in general. Might look into Indestructible Hulk. I'd like to try more DC but... Yeah...

antoniostark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

White Tiger? This team is so sick I can't wait for this book.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Interesting roster. If this becomes an ongoing series, I might pick it up.

fullmetaladam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By fullmetaladam

DAMN!!!! NO NOVA OR IRON FIST??????? THERE GOES MY HOPE OF THEIR BEING A COMIC BOOK VERSION OF THE "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" CARTOON. :(

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkguy said:

@thundergodswrath: I'll check out Thor, I'm more interested in a single character book as opposed to a team book, I like the specific focus and I haven't had the pleasure of reading much Thor in general. Might look into Indestructible Hulk. I'd like to try more DC but... Yeah...

I see.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So basically Ultimate Spider-Man the cartoon the comic?

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By Jenkale

well at least we got some minorities up in this piece. but...two power men? really? she-hulk and white tiger for me

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

Is white tiger a new character? And where the hell is mighty mouse? You know? The obvious leader of this team.

white tigers been around for a while just not used very much. as for mike mouse aka mighty mouse, after marvel ended his series, hes spending the rest of his days in comic book limbo

Kerrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This could be fun. Although I'd rather have Iron Fist than the new Power Man. Team needs some kung fu. And is Luke Cage going to be yet another Marvelite whom fails to be adequately concerned about Spidey's radical personality shift? SSM is starting to stretch credulity...

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

White Tiger? Oh Marvel you ethnically diverse socially aware rascal you.

Marvel is definitely the lesser of the big two evils. But evil still nonetheless.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really hope they dont put Scarlet(kaine) on a team. I think Him and Aracely are doing just fine.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Definitely a Dream Team here and am most excited to see how this pans out!

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Powerman?? What was wrong with the old one??

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

@hempknight757 said:

@nappystr8: DC tries to do books with other races. Just most time no ones buys it. Honestly just nothing at Marvel even remotely interests me. I grew up on the cartoons: Spider-Man, X-Men, & Batman. I like a lot of Marvel characters, but just all is kinda lame. I am about to be done with DC also & maybe comics in general. At this point I think I can write better stuff then most of these people.

I actually wrote out a very well thought out response to this that took about an hour to put together, it got lost into the internet. What can you do? Anyway the gist of my sentiment was that while New 52 is trying to add more diversity, it is a half hearted effort, whereas Marvel has been a consistently diverse universe since the early 70's. As far as your lack of interest in the books you are currently reading, I suggest trying some new books, as there is certainly something out there that is perfect for you whatever you are into.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nappystr8: people will still hate this book simply because of that fact. its sad and i hate that mentality.but this is why i like marvel a little moe than DC.the progressiveness plus black panther lol.

Unfortunately there will always be people who will hate on anything that doesn't fit their very narrow world view, but we just have to remember that just because those people are the loudest, they are the real minority. Anyone who would refuse to buy this book because of the many characters of color are easily outweighed by the people that will buy the book because of it. At the end of the day neither of these groups is big enough to support a comic all by itself, it's indifferent people who will make this a success or a failure. Let's hope that those people can keep an open mind, and also hope that the Mighty Avengers name (as I assume this book will be called) is a powerful enough draw to even out that indifferent group's less fervent prejudices.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hmm gets points for spOck and she-hulk, but other than that i have no reason to read it...well luke has his moments too...but the rest of the team...sad.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blkson said:

@nappystr8 said:

A team where the majority of members are people of color? Welcome to the 21st century comics! No surprise that this is a Marvel book and not a DC one. I am so excited for this series now.

To be fair, DC does have Vibe, Katana, John Stewart, and Batwing solo ongoings now. However, out of that line up only John Stewart is capable of having his own title, while the others are basically out there on their own, set up for failure.

Green Lantern Corps has been going for more than 20 issues, and only now have they made it a John Stewart book. During zero month he was the only Lantern to not get an origin story (other than Hal, but honestly his origin has been covered to death already). Whether or not the rumors that they were going to kill John Stewart were true or not, the fact that so many people so quickly believed that they would shows just how little DC cares about the character. Stewart was, and probably still is the most popular GL to the mainstream, but in the comics they never treat him with respect and constantly ignore him.

Vibe and Katana will almost assuredly be cancelled after 8 issues just like Mr. Terrific, Static Shock. Because like those books, they didn't bother to give them strong creative teams. Even if they make it past that cut I doubt they will fare much better than Voodoo or Blue Beetle. The only reason Batwing hasn't been cancelled is because Bat is in the title, and it's not even the same character anymore, so it's almost as if that was cancelled too. Cyborg should have a title, but for some baffling reason he doesn't even have a back up to call his own.

I appreciate the effort on the part of DC to try and make up for lost time and technically they do have more books centered on non-white heroes right now than Marvel, but the substance of it seems very empty to me.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By blkson

@nappystr8: Yea I agree with all of that. I was actually agreeing with what you wrote but wanted to be fair to DC. Their methods were horrible but they attempted or at least putted on this front like they cared. I read your other post too, and I mos def agree about the part about Marvel doing race waaaay better than DC.

Stewart will be the titular hero of Corps going forward, which is why I listed him. Even though its painfully obvious that they only made that decision because of the bad publicity that they were getting from trying to axe him off. DC has PoC books but, they aren't characters who can even sustain a solo run. That's all I was saying.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bimayu: these arent new characters many of them have exsisted for at least a few years. They are literally doing exactly what they are soing accept using other characters from that same category. Now saying that i would love a new runaways series but only if they retconned avengers arena

BreZeJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted Cloud 9, Spider-Girl, Songbird, Miss America, or Lightspeed. I'll settle for my Miss America in Young Avengers.

jaybefre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By jaybefre

@mangakid1995: Agreed. I thought Otto didn't want to be bothered with anything Avengers related anyway. Bring Kaine out of exile from Houston and put him on a team. In some cases I think he is better than this current Spider Man anyway. He brings a certain edge to the team.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... where Iron Fist?...

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Wolverine.

I'll give it a look now.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@teerack said:

I just realize this team is almost the full team from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon xD I really hope Sam joins when he gets back from infinity just because it'll be funny :P

I wouldn't put it past Marvel to do something like that.

redhood21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp said:

I literally don't know who half of this team is.

with ya there...had no clue there was a "new" powerman

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is one of the worst teams I have ever seen. Apart from the Blue Marvel and whoever the Spider is, how can any of the rest protect from earth level threats in the Avengers' absence. There's only one heavy hitter, they're screwed.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#92  Edited By the_tree

I really like Blue Marvel and She-Hulk.

The creative team are what's really going to make or break the title for me.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose:

I feel the same! Monica Rambeau is one of the coolest females in the Marvel Universe, with amazing power, and Marvel NEVER uses her anymore! That is so stupid!

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miss_garrick: Exactly! Her powers are interesting, she's a former Avengers Leader, both her costumes are cool. I really hope they'll give her a place somewhere soon. I'd start buying any ongoing they put her in.

Dstick88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: i literally dont know all but 2 of the team and out of the 2 i care about 1

Avatar image for captain_superior_blue
Captain_Superior_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The contrast between Blue Marvel and Superior Spider-man, and their interactions on this team, will make this book well worth checking out. Also it's good to see young Marvel characters getting to step up to an official Avengers capacity.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#97 owie  Moderator

I kind of like this team, actually. Several characters I like but haven't been on teams much.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordrequiem: i believe blue marvel beat the entire mighty avengers including sentry

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@wisesonac: agreed. im actually looking forward to this book (if only for she-hulk and blue marvel )

Snizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Snizzy

Can't wait xD