• 94 results
Posted by G-Man (30617 posts) - - Show Bio

This week's issue of AVENGERS VS. X-MEN just amped up the story. Something pretty big happened. A character was killed by another hero. We have seen comic book deaths many times. This character in particular has 'died' numerous times as well. It's more about how it happened and who it was that did it which is making the waves.

Something like this needs to be addressed. Marvel has released the cover to AVENGERS VS. X-MEN: CONSEQUENCES #1. Do we need a five issue miniseries to deal with this? Perhaps we do. It's a weekly series that should lead up to the Marvel NOW! issues.

After the biggest comic event of the year comes to its stunning conclusion, the Marvel Universe is left reeling—enter Avengers VS. X-Men: Consequences. This powerful weekly five issue limited series from acclaimed writer Kieron Gillen (Uncanny X-Men, upcoming Iron Man) and five of the most dynamic artists in the industry shows just what happens to the Marvel Universe after the dust settles from Avengers VS. X-Men. Who will survive? Can the Avengers and X-Men ever peacefully co-exist again? And what is the fate of Cyclops? The answers arrive here!

Don’t miss out on the first chapter of the limited series event of the fall in Avengers VS. X-Men: Consequences #1, on sale October 10th in comic shops everywhere, on the Marvel Comics app, and the all-new Marvel Comics Webstore!
== TEASER ==

AVX: CONSEQUENCES #1 (AUG120569)

Written by KIERON GILLEN

Art by TOM RANEY

Cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER

FOC—09/17/12, On-Sale—10/10/12

AVX: CONSEQUENCES #2 (AUG120571)

Written by KIERON GILLEN

Art by STEVE KURTH

Cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER

FOC—09/24/12, On-Sale—10/17/12

AVX: CONSEQUENCES #3 (AUG120573)

Written by KIERON GILLEN

Art by SCOT EATON

Cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER

FOC—10/01/12, On-Sale—10/24/12

AVX: CONSEQUENCES #4 (AUG120575)

Written by KIERON GILLEN

Art by MARK BROOKS

Cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER

FOC—10/8/12, On-Sale—10/31/12

AVX: CONSEQUENCES #5 (AUG120577)

Written by KIERON GILLEN

Art by GABRIEL HERNANDEZ WALTA

Cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER

FOC—10/15/12, On-Sale—11/07/12

Staff
#1 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, at least they know that we all figured out how this was gonna turn out.

Why bother hiding the cover, it's been obvious from the beginning, right?

#2 Posted by Cavemold (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

If its going be weekly make 2.99 at least :

#3 Posted by Lvenger (18256 posts) - - Show Bio

(bangs head repeatedly on desk out of Marvel's sheer stupidity and lack of creativity)

#4 Posted by sweetesttoaster (144 posts) - - Show Bio

If Marvel makes these $3.99 per issue, they are just pure evil.

#5 Edited by leokearon (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

So Cyclops gets beaten/killed, and the point is.... Also strange that is all Avengers on the cover, except scott

#6 Posted by lorex (945 posts) - - Show Bio

I have really hated  the whole AvX idea from the beginning and as the story unfolded even before the phoenix 5 came into being it was clear Marvel was guiding us to see the Avengers as the heroes and the X-Men as the villians. Now with this Consequences title we see Avengers standing over a beaten Cyclops, subtle Marvel.

#7 Edited by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

I trust Kieron Gillen, since he's been working wonders with every character on Uncanny X-Men.

He and he alone can give us a satisfying conclusion to Phoenix Scott.

#8 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like that cyclops is surrounded by avengers. It basically says Hahaha Avengers win this event >_>

#9 Posted by riiiiiiiight (98 posts) - - Show Bio

3.99? 3.99?? 3.99?!?

im good

#10 Posted by Mucklefluga (2510 posts) - - Show Bio

Please, please, PLEASE nobody by any comics from this mini-series, Marvel are just trying to get even more money out of you. After this they'll probably bring out a Avengers Vs X-men Epilogue one-shot and a Marvel Now! Prologue one shot for 5.99 each.

#11 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

well this spoils the event and 3.99?!!!

#12 Edited by Mutie199 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello this is Marvel where Avengers always win (even if they are assholes) and where everyone else is a bad guy. Also in Marvel you will notice that characters like Wolverine, who in his entire life has killed more people than half the villains, will always be forgiven and never pay for his crimes while others e.g, Cyclops who try to fight for what they believe in and save their kind with as less bloodshed as possible, will be persecuted, and killed on sight.

#13 Posted by Overlander (430 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll wait and enjoy it when it is unlocked on Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited.

#14 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to vent...who didn't expect an outcome like this?

I know that, for the most part, fans split down the lines of which characters they liked the most and NOT which side made the most sense.

When has the Phoenix Force EVER showed up and GOOD things happened?

The X-Men have more experience with this garbage than anyone. There's no way this could have gone well.

I know I'm going to get hatemail for this, but if you thought the X-Men had the right idea even in the early stages of this story, I don't know what you were thinking.

#15 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man.

#16 Posted by Sleepbutnodream15 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutie199 said:

Hello this is Marvel where Avengers always win (even if they are assholes) and where everyone else is a bad guy. Also in Marvel you will notice that characters like Wolverine, who in his entire life has killed more people than half the villains, will always be forgiven and never pay for his crimes while others e.g, Cyclops who try to fight for what they believe in and save their kind with as less bloodshed as possible, will be persecuted, and killed on sight.

boom.

#17 Posted by Tyrannotaur (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Man they are really milking this event for all it's worth huh? $3.99 is ridiculous for a miniseries that tells you what happened after a mini series.

I'm waiting on the trades, if I am even still interested by the time those come out and then gets a price cut.

#18 Posted by feargalr (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugghhh Marvel, the X-men never stood a chance in AvX

#19 Posted by DATNIGGA (1186 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutie199 said:

You said everything I was going to say its so true. I knew it was gonna end like this from the beginning but still... the avengers do & have done so many messed up things & the just get away with it simply because there the avengers & they can do no wrong.

if you fight the avengers they beat you down imprison you in there private jail & hold you there for as long as they want without judge or jury... the avengers are basically at this point the police, military, CIA, FBI, judge, jury, & president all rolled into one team

#20 Posted by grenade728 (748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutie199 said:

We have a winner

#21 Posted by GothamRed (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery: that was wolverine's point throughout the entire series

#22 Posted by Mercy_ (92465 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad that Kieron Gillen's handling this.

Moderator Online
#23 Posted by HexThis (881 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I am glad it stopped being about the X-men versus the Avengers and started becoming Scott versus Everybody.

Next event has to involve the slaying of Wolverine now!

#24 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

there will probably be multiple covers including one with cyclops standing over a body of avengers? I'm good either way

#25 Posted by Trodorne (2572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

(bangs head repeatedly on desk out of Marvel's sheer stupidity and lack of creativity)

Correction:

(Bangs Marvel's CCO and ENC heads repeatedly and forcefully out of Marvel's sheer stupidity and lack of creativity)

*CCO: Chief Creative Officer - Whom that shall not be named............

ENC: Editor-in-Chief- Axel Alonso

#26 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutie199 said:

Thank. You.

#27 Posted by fps_dean (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@jcbart said:

I trust Kieron Gillen, since he's been working wonders with every character on Uncanny X-Men.

That is the positive way to look at it... Kieron Gillen has become one of my favorite authors and has in the past taken themes that I thought were bad ideas and made them work (Journey Into Mystery for example).

The downside I that this is weekly and means AvX runs on longer than it should...

#28 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32646 posts) - - Show Bio

Hay Marvel, I'm an X-Men fan, give me a shout when you'v finished fan-w@nking over the Avengers and I might buy one of your books again.

#29 Posted by sora_thekey (8152 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops is not dead... He is on the cover of All New X-Men:

All-New X-Men
#30 Posted by stormphoenix (896 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnSabahNurX said:

I don't like that cyclops is surrounded by avengers. It basically says Hahaha Avengers win this event >_>

I agree with you 100% (Damn avengers -_-)

#31 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (519 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the Avengers did win, Cyclops was being an obsessive, maniacal, d-bag.

#32 Posted by ShirEPanjshir (587 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh please, X-Men fanboys, stop whining. Seriously.

If the X-Men win, you'd all be cheering about how amazing it was. While the Avengers-fans would be 'upset'. Same way goes for the other way around. Not everyone can be pleased all the time. Face it.

#33 Posted by aaunderoath (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@jcbart said:

this this this 1000 times this .. my gripes with Scott being treated as a villain is eased with this statement here

#34 Posted by Gonzo33 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll read it because I enjoy Kieron Gillen's writing but 5 issues is ridiculous. What needs to be rapped up? Aftermath of the Phoenix 5 and maybe Storm and Black panther?

#36 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9431 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:

@Mutie199 said:

Thank. You.

Haha Marvel is so silly
#37 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShirEPanjshir said:

Oh please, X-Men fanboys, stop whining. Seriously.

If the X-Men win, you'd all be cheering about how amazing it was. While the Avengers-fans would be 'upset'. Same way goes for the other way around. Not everyone can be pleased all the time. Face it.

Practice what you preach.

#38 Posted by LordRequiem (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

We know Cyclops survives and we get to see his funky new costume in Marvel NOW, whenever that comes about. Bringing the phoenix force back was forced to put it simply. Who really wanted Civil War all over again (civil war was better in every way, and carried with it more meaning)? Here's to the end of this arc and onto whatever jazz follows.

#39 Posted by XsPectre28 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

SO WHEN IS CABLE COMING TO SAVE CYCLOPS

#40 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

spidey is like 'let draw a mustache on his face'. thor 'verily'

#41 Posted by brucecapell (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Hope takes Cyclops down

#42 Posted by hawkgirl96 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@jcbart: you are so right. If it were anyone else they would completely screw it up.

#43 Posted by hawkgirl96 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutie199: You are so true Scott is my favorite comic book character and to see everyone want to kill him is wrong.

#44 Posted by AlKusanagi (593 posts) - - Show Bio

That cover needs more teabagging. Someone call Wade.

#45 Posted by neiliusprime (247 posts) - - Show Bio

knowing from the variant 3 spread cover of All-New X-Men, you pretty much know how this will turn out

#46 Posted by mattwing87 (426 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds great but I hope they release it in trades. I can't afford to spend another $20 this month on comics lol

#47 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

......So hey do you guys like Die hard?

#48 Posted by DJ1107 (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are you people defending Cyclops? He was an asshole before AvX he's an asshole during AvX. It's just another thing for you people to bitch about because there's not a single marvel fan but me here.

#49 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta love that cover

#50 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (980 posts) - - Show Bio

The only reason this is slightly interesting is because this will lead into Marvel Now, so I am curious how everything comes together. In regards to Avengers vs X-Men..great idea but just really bad execution

First it was hyped Cable would have a major role in the story...Haven't seen him yet, so the x-santion books were pointless

then they hyped this to be a giant slugfest, but gave us weak match ups with cheesy winners...AvsX was a waste of money

I think they were better served calling this something else, because this really wasn't the X-men fighting the Avengers, this is about Scott fighting to save his species but losing control of his powers and himself.

That would have made a far more interesting series. but all of that would have been excused if the fights were actually good!!

I would have been all in seeing a good Cap/Cyclops fight, but the best fights were Avengers vs Avengers

(Cap kicking Wolverine out of the plane..Namor vs Wakanda)

But between the story falling flat and losing steam, and the numerous tie-ins, thank goodness for Marvel NOW because I don't think I could handle a Bendis Avengers run for much longer in Marvel