• 71 results
Posted by erik_norris (191 posts) - - Show Bio

So far we’ve had two creative team reveals for Marvel’s upcoming Marvel NOW! initiative -- Kieron Gillen and Greg Land taking over IRON MAN and Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic taking on THOR. But today’s teaser image might be the best of the bunch thus far.

Behold!

It appears as though Mark Waid, the Eisner-winning writer for his work on DAREDEVIL, will be teaming with Leinel Yu for the new incredible indestructible HULK series. How can you not get excited for that?!

Mark Waid will be taking the reins of Hulk from Jason Aaron, who as we just mentioned will be moving over to THOR for one of his new gigs kicking off as part of Marvel NOW! Aaron's HULK started off strong but quickly lost steam. Hopefully, Waid can do for the Hulk what he did for Hell's Kitchen's favorite blind man.

We still have two days left to this week and, presumably, two more teasers to be shown, but the question remains: how can Waid and Yu on HULK be topped?

Stay tuned to find out.

Erik Norris is a freelance writer for sites such as ComicVine, IGN and CraveOnline.com. You can stalk him on Twitter @Regular_Erik.

Staff
#1 Posted by ClawFist (346 posts) - - Show Bio

Indestructable, sounds more like a Wolverine headline to me, but I for one am excited about this Marvel NOW! stuff. I grabbed a preview book last Wednesday, and liked nearly everything I saw.

#2 Edited by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

How in the hell did the new hulk book lose steam? they keep switching the damned artist. But I actually enjoy the book immensely despite this simple fact and I HATE when books have multiple artists. Yu already did an issue of hulk in this run as well following a few pick up issues done by Portacio.

#3 Posted by erik_norris (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om1kron: By "lose steam" I just meant it hasn't been as great as we hoped it would be with Aaron at the helm. That's all.

Staff
#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Mother of god... Now that is the best news I've heard coming out of Marvel NOW! I hope Marvel doesn't make the mistake of breaking apart this fantastic creative team.

#5 Posted by DDangelico (221 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep...I'm in.

Now for who will write Cap. I've heard rumors of Remender which would be awesome (I was hoping for Waid, but now it doesn't look like that will happen) but I have no idea who would be drawing him. Any ideas?

#6 Posted by Lvenger (20254 posts) - - Show Bio

Best creative news about Marvel Now! since the announcement of Hickman on Avengers and New Avengers. Hopefully Daredevil doesn't lose steam as a result!

#7 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. I enjoyed their work on Superman: Birthright. I'll definitely be trying this out

#8 Edited by BushidoBlack (116 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm definitely down.

It's very apparent the Avenger books will be in much better shape going forward. Let's hope the other properties don't get shafted in the process.

#9 Posted by Jolt92 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

I just stopped reading Hulk, I'll go for something else even though this sounds good, I'm done with Hulk for a while.

#10 Posted by Grimoire (545 posts) - - Show Bio

This is great. I wait patiently to see what they can do for my favorite marvel character.

#11 Posted by danhimself (22586 posts) - - Show Bio

the current Hulk book sucks bad...but with Waid writing I'm definitely going to check this out

#12 Posted by Outside_85 (9209 posts) - - Show Bio

All of thse NOW series are replacing the current ones I gather

#13 Posted by Mucklefluga (2570 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont how Hulk gets so many good stories he's a hard character to write. Now i have confidence we'll get more goog Hulk stories.

#14 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fully aboard Marvel NOW! now. All of these series (minus poor Gillen being teamed up with Land again, he just can't catch a break can he?) sound brilliant.

#15 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Lenil Francis Yu is a great artist so I'm in (and Waids a good writer)

#16 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (937 posts) - - Show Bio

They're replacing the old Thor, Iron Man, Hulk with new ongoings, cool cool cool.... What i'm wondering though is, are they going to Reboot Amazing Spider-Man??? since #700 is coming soon with MASSIVE changes (which i don't like by the looks of it) and the "big" reboot of the Movie series, i guess they'll probably go ahead with it... I'm really eager to see more reveals for this Marvel Now initiative... damn i'm impatient. >=]

#17 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

I am pleased, Marvel.

#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

sweet!!

#19 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard Birthright wasn't that good...

#20 Posted by Billy Batson (58070 posts) - - Show Bio

Another nod to CBR, heh.
BB

#21 Posted by erik_norris (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: Yup. They got the exclusive on it. Have to give credit where it's due.

Staff
#22 Posted by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking Waid or Millar. Waid or Millar.

Perfect!

#23 Posted by TheGardener (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes yes yes. This makes me happy.

#24 Posted by Z3RO180 (6592 posts) - - Show Bio

@ClawFist: thtere was a preview?

#25 Posted by CookieVonDoom (32 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by AnonymousMC (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to a consistent artist on the Hulk. the current run has been frustrating with the artistic vision and it has taken way from enoying the big green one.

#27 Edited by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish this was the team for Daredevil. It will be awesome for Hulk though. Glad to see Waid writing more.

#28 Posted by JamDamage (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

good stuff

#29 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yes Hulk is so interesting/good I just hope the streak keeps going, but with Waid I guarantee it will be great.

#30 Posted by danhimself (22586 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that this doesn't mean that Waid is leaving Daredevil although I'm sure that it does

#31 Posted by Novemberx2 (453 posts) - - Show Bio

anything with Lenil Francis Yu

#32 Edited by rawr (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@BushidoBlack: Decidedly the brunt of the cancellations seem to be X-Men related and the announcements thus far are Avengers related. Or maybe thats my cranky view of things. I'd like to see a nice X-Men reassuring note outside of the weird time paradox that will be Bendis' All New X-Men. Also pretty much anything that isnt Avengers. >_> (which is not to say there aren't Avengers books I like. I just don't want Marvel to turn into the Avengers show now that they know the film property prints its own money.)

#33 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

If Waid's on it, then it's an instabuy. Yu just seals the deal.

#34 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Indestructible is better than Irredeemable at least......

#35 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

Thoughts on the team?

This makes Fraction on Fantastic Four more and more likely........

#36 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@X35 said:

Thoughts on the team?

I think Fraction will do Cap and Brubaker do Fantastic Four

#37 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

besides this song will finely go with the name , perfect for the hulk

#38 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@X35 said:

Thoughts on the team?

I think Fraction will do Cap and Brubaker do Fantastic Four

i thought bunn was pretty much locked in to take over cap. he's co-writing it now.

#39 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: Aint it the Captain America & comics he's doing. Plus this isn't rumour I'm putting I'm just putting my prediction as he's leaving Iron Man and Thor so its only Cap out of the big three he hasn't done. I could be wrong

#40 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9095 posts) - - Show Bio

Waid has been doing a great job with his latest titles. This may be a great thing for the Hulk

#41 Posted by sora_thekey (8176 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does this sound like all of the creators just drew straws on who gets to write what...?

#42 Edited by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

Waid has been doing a great job with his latest titles. This may be a great thing for the Hulk

I sadly agree although I like Hulk I was hoping for a reason to sump something to help my wallet

@sora_thekey said:

Why does this sound like all of the creators just drew straws on who gets to write what...?

does seem that way

#43 Posted by cc1738 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

This is cool, but with All New X-Men, Thor and Uncanny Avengers, plus the DC titles I'm getting, there's no way I'm getting it.

#44 Posted by HulkBuster30 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

#45 Posted by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

the only way they can top this is by having a teaser for captain america with "Rucka" and "Hardman"

#46 Edited by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like I can just switch out Daredevil and Hulk in November.

@X35 said:

i thought bunn was pretty much locked in to take over cap. he's co-writing it now.

And what a job he's doing with the Cap team-up series (sarcasm)...unfortunately you are probably right. I'm interested to see what they'll do with Brubaker though. Hopefully they let him keep Winter Soldier.

#47 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33631 posts) - - Show Bio

*pleasebeleavingdaredevilpleasebeleavingdeardevilpleasebeleavingdeardevilpleasebeleavingdeardevil*

#48 Posted by butters911 (265 posts) - - Show Bio

Waid and YU? Im sold, and Ive never been a Hulk fan

#49 Posted by Night Thrasher (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Best creative news about Marvel Now! since the announcement of Hickman on Avengers and New Avengers. Hopefully Daredevil doesn't lose steam as a result!

This

#50 Edited by Teerack (6625 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Waid on Hulk!? Yes! :D

Easily one of the best comic writes out there.