• 122 results
Posted by G-Man (30664 posts) - - Show Bio

Last week Marvel unleashed a bunch of teasers for their relaunched (not reboot) Marvel NOW comics. There will be new creative teams as well as new directions. In the final round of teasers, there were a few including a couple with Matt Fraction attached, FAMILY and EXTENDED. It wasn't too hard to figure out it had to be for FANTASTIC FOUR and EXTENDED.

USA Todayhttp://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/story/2012-08-09/Matt-Fraction-Fantastic-Four-comic-book-series/56911846/1 posted a first look at the covers to both. Mark Bagley will be joining Fraciton on FANTASTIC FOUR.

I'm a fan of both so that's great news.

What gets me even more excited is the fact that Mike Allred will be joining Fraction on FF.

It looks like FF will be heading a pretty drastically different direction. Can we assume this might not be the Future Foundation?

Edit

The Future Foundation will be with Ant-Man, She-Hulk, Medusa and...Miss Thing, an all-new female character in a "Thing suit of armor."

What are your thoughts on these creative teams?

Staff
#1 Posted by BushidoBlack (116 posts) - - Show Bio

The Future Foundation line up is intriguing. I had a feeling it would be going in a different direction with the relaunch. Could be an interesting read.

#2 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

ant man, she hulk, medusa and pink head?? im all for more she hullk but this is a weird a** team.

#3 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

OK i am happy ..i'll be buying both

#4 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14402 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting the f4 cover has a vintage feel to it I think

#5 Posted by Projector (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awful to me.

#6 Posted by Schmidty816 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic Four looks great. FF? Not so much, but that's just my opinion. Could FF maybe stand for Future Four? Crazy relaunchiness.

#7 Posted by brucecapell (101 posts) - - Show Bio

girl in a thing suit?

#8 Posted by MarvelMan1985 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic Four issue 1...bleh another reboot :S.   FF - Michael Allred Heck Yeah!  :)

#9 Posted by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

uh ...what?

#10 Posted by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio

BB

#11 Posted by cobra88king8 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man I assumed that FF had to be a variant cover. I don't like the new uniforms

#12 Posted by leokearon (1765 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure about Farmer inking, it makes Bagley's work look too much like Alan Davis

I really hope the FF isn't just going to be substitute F4

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32862 posts) - - Show Bio

An so comes the end to one of the best ongoings Marvel ever had and also the best the FF have ever been, this is where my interest in all things FF ends :-(

#14 Posted by Lvenger (18440 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm dropping this once Hickman's finished. I'm currently deliberating on whether to get one of the November Marvel Now! titles or wait until January when New Avengers is released.

#15 Posted by feargalr (1154 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the FF lineup :/ I love it being about the kids in the foundation, at least then its not just another super hero book.....

#16 Posted by Benzo (621 posts) - - Show Bio

Will be buying FF but as for Fantastic Four......I'm not so sure about it.

#17 Edited by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Fantastic Four's new looks, I liked the white suits they had for FF and these more black versions look pretty cool as well.

Haven't cared much for FF as a series, but I'll be a little disappointed if that's Scott Lang as Ant-Man on the team. I like the new red and blue suit (though not crazy about the new helmet) but I was hoping he'd be joining the Avengers instead...

#18 Posted by darkmagik (62 posts) - - Show Bio

It is the strangest team which I have never seen. The only man of FF Scott Lang does not measure up in front of Medusa, She-Hulk and... Miss-Thing whaaa?

#19 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

NOT a Bagley fan at all. And not a Fraction fan (to say the least). I'll refrain from picking these up.

#20 Posted by Pwok21 (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta say Fraction taking over FF is a catastrophe, but he had to ruin another book so why not?

#21 Posted by Gonzo33 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Both sound super interesting but that FF cover is just terrible.

#22 Posted by the_fallen11 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting....very Interesting...

#23 Posted by BushidoBlack (116 posts) - - Show Bio

The reactions to the FF cover are pretty comical. The series is going to be freaking weird. Whether that's a good or bad thing should be interesting to see.

#24 Posted by saoakden (1023 posts) - - Show Bio

the FF team looks strange to me, Fantastic Four looks cool.

#25 Posted by DDangelico (219 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic Four looks cool...but I gotta say that FF has me scratching my head.

#26 Posted by jubeiyagyuX (121 posts) - - Show Bio

W.T.F

#27 Posted by cc1738 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

...what?? FF is not what I was expecting. lol. The only way I was gong to get Fantastic Four was if Ryan Stegman was on it and since he's not, I'm not interested in it. I like Fantastic Four, but with so many other titles I want it goes to the back burner.

#28 Posted by darkrider (439 posts) - - Show Bio

miss thing are you are you kidding me

#29 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@jubeiyagyuX said:

W.T.F

#30 Posted by Mucklefluga (2524 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for the Deadpool cover :D

#31 Posted by Pbott (210 posts) - - Show Bio

I could care less about line ups and costumes, but what does is fraction. he is really hit or miss with me, for instance his Iron Man and Iron fist both have been great, but not so much defenders, UXM, and Thor. IMO his problem is not his big out there ideas, because i really like those types of stories, it is that they are not grounded at all. For example Hickman's Manhattan projects is really out there, but it is still grounded

#32 Posted by The Stegman (23162 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope her name is indeed "Miss Thing''

#33 Posted by BushidoBlack (116 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr said:

I don't like the FF lineup :/ I love it being about the kids in the foundation, at least then its not just another super hero book.....

Yeah, pretty much this.

What happens to Val, Franklin and co. ? -_-

#35 Posted by danhimself (22302 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

NOT a Bagley fan at all. And not a Fraction fan (to say the least). I'll refrain from picking these up.

Bagley's one of those artists that does an excellent job on one specific character but when they do anything else it just seems weird....Bagley's one specific character is Spider-man...he's one of the best Spider-man artists of all time

#36 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

Love Allred, but I'm still not huge on Fraction. Maybe if he pulls a Hawkeye again I'll read it.

#37 Posted by Mucklefluga (2524 posts) - - Show Bio

@BushidoBlack: Thanks Dude you are the greatest. Wow, i have a serious boner right now :P That is so awesome. I cannot wait. :D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

#38 Posted by feargalr (1154 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@feargalr said:

Yeah, pretty much this.

I read on newsarama or USA today or somewhere that Val and Franklin are moving over to Fantastic Four. It ain't looking good for the FF kids :/

#39 Posted by Zaklops (32 posts) - - Show Bio

The Future Foundation, the team that has the omega level mutant Franklin Richards, the Sensation she-hulk and the brilliant Valeria Richards, is going to have a new member, who's a random woman in a thing costume. -___-

#40 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@feargalr said:

Yeah, pretty much this.

I read on newsarama or USA today or somewhere that Val and Franklin are moving over to Fantastic Four. It ain't looking good for the FF kids :/

*sigh* Further getting the impression that Axel and Quesada have some sort of vendetta against the teenage audience (and the young ones featured in their comic books)...considering comics were originally meant for that type of audience, anyways.

#41 Posted by Crowingaboutcomics (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems to me like they're "dumbing down" from Jonathan's run...which isn't a good thing...I'm hoping that they don't do that with the X-men (still unclear where their titles are going to be at the end of AVX). And Miss Thing? A random supermodel in a thing costume? Really? Fraction came up with that idea? I can't believe with the plethora of Marvel characters, they're going to do that...(yeah because Red Hulk, Red She-Hulk, female wolverine - were all such good idea's) Okay, being a little cynical with those last ones....but come'on Miss Thing? A normal woman in a Things outfit? Why? She-Hulk already has the strength...just doesn't make sense...

#42 Edited by feargalr (1154 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@feargalr said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@feargalr said:

Yeah, pretty much this.

*sigh* Further getting the impression that Axel and Quesada have some sort of vendetta against the teenage audience (and the young ones featured in their comic books)...considering comics were originally meant for that type of audience, anyways.

I dunno about that. I just don't like them turning FF into another generic superhero book. Imagine if Marvel actually made a proper attempt at putting out teen books. Marvel Now would be a perfect opportunity for it... Young Avengers, Young X-men, FF, Avengers Academy. Have them in their own little corner of the Marvel universe like the Teen Titans/Ravagers/Superboy books

Edit: Actually Young Avengers, A book about the kids at Wolvys school, FF and Avengers Academy(Maybe.. never actually read that)

#43 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7592 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that's interesting

#44 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

FF looks cool.

#45 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@feargalr said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@feargalr said:

Yeah, pretty much this.

I dunno about that. I just don't like them turning FF into another generic superhero book. Imagine if Marvel actually made a proper attempt at putting out teen books. Marvel Now would be a perfect opportunity for it... Young Avengers, Young X-men, FF, Avengers Academy. Have them in their own little corner of the Marvel universe like the Teen Titans/Ravagers/Superboy books

YEEESSSS!! And bring in more "new readers" that they're constantly going on about. Honestly, they're missing such BIG oppurtunuties to put things like this (excluding AA) into work. Such a shame, man. Such a shame.

#46 Posted by neiliusprime (247 posts) - - Show Bio

that FF line up looked ok until I saw Miss Thing wearing that ridiculous Thing armor....that killed my interest...

#47 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

Well...this is where I get off, folk. I'm going to be reading A LOT less Marvel come November.

#48 Posted by Master_Thief (728 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

BB

#49 Posted by stormtrance1618 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

I know nothing about FF and am a DC fanboy, so no one cares what I think. But looking at that FF cover... Wow... That's awful looking... Awful. But again, I'm biased. Just my opinion.

#50 Posted by BatWatch (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on the second cover, we are to believe that Marvel Now is basically Marvel Forty Years ago where everything is made up and the plot/art doesn't matter?