Posted by G-Man (37025 posts) - - Show Bio
Play
Please use a flash or html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

#1 Posted by G-Man (37025 posts) - - Show Bio
Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Avengers #1, kicking off the all-new ongoing series from the blockbuster creative team of writer Jonathan Hickman, artist Jerome Opena and colorist Dean White! The greatest heroes in comics together on one unbeatable team! Now shipping twice a month, the Avengers “go large,” expanding their roster and their sphere of influence to a global and even interplanetary level. When Captain America puts out his call - who will answer? Big threats, big ideas, big idealism - these are the Avengers NOW!
An all-new direction! All-new threats! This is Avengers NOW!
This December, Jonathan Hickman and Jerome Opena redefine what it means to be Earth’s Mightiest inAvengers #1!

AVENGERS #1 (SEP120526)

Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN

Art by JEROME OPENA

Colors by DEAN WHITE

Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER

ON SALE DECEMBER 5th!

#2 Posted by knightofthechronicle (707 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty cool

#3 Posted by ccraft (5423 posts) - - Show Bio

Captian america's costume sometimes looks cool, but most of the time its weird...

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34016 posts) - - Show Bio

so basically Avengers are just stealing the more cosmic teams thunder

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13470 posts) - - Show Bio

ill pick it up.

#6 Edited by judasnixon (6704 posts) - - Show Bio

That voice over narration is hilarious. " Hey! Hey intern come over here, and read this, and sound realy dramatic! Like Morgen Freeman, and Doctor Venture had a baby! That the voice we need!"

#7 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7455 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers might fiannly be able to take on the Justice League now.

#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (6633 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooo Hyperion is now in 616 ?

#9 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

Sooo Hyperion is now in 616 ?

That is old Kentucky Hyperion and he has been there!

#10 Posted by Sifighter (94 posts) - - Show Bio

When they said 20 avengers they meant 20 avengers. I wonder if its Superior Spiderman on the team.

#11 Posted by Z3RO180 (6633 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca: who ??

#12 Posted by danhimself (22651 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America's new costume is so dumb looking

#13 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3953 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers IN SPPPPPAAAAAAAACCCCEEE!!!

#14 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannonball... why!? Quick, it's not too late to fly away!!

#15 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

So what I could catch, the roster includes:

Captain America, Falcon, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Wolverine, Spider Woman, Spider Man, Iron Man, Cannonball, Captain Marvel, Sunspot, and that's all! Who are the rest!?

Who are the guys next to Wolverine (the one in red, and the one with dreds), who's the woman and man to Steve's right, and who's the floating blue woman!?

#16 Posted by DJ1107 (244 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992

The one in red is Hyperion either the original one from earth 712 or the one from Supreme Powers he's basically Superman if he had a attitude problem, The guy with the Dreds is Eden Fersi aka Manifold from Hickmans critically acclaim series Secret Warriors, He has similar powers to the mutant Gateway & was even trained by him, The glowing blue women is the new Captain Universe, A being with infinite powers who has no permanent owner (Spider-man at one point had the power as well as Juggernaut). There is another new teammate called Smasher who is a Shiar royal guard.

#17 Posted by neiliusprime (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: agree. I don't hate Cannonball, but for some reason him being on the Avengers seems a little weird..

dude with dreads: Eden Fesi aka Manifold

woman to right of Cap: Smasher (new female superhero)

man to right of Cap: Hyperion

Blue woman: captain universe?

guy in red next to Wolverine: not sure either

#18 Posted by GothamRed (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180:I think this is implying that it will happen later down the line in the book and that this takes place before that's going to happen.

#19 Posted by BIGALWILLIAMS (58 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw Hyperion from the Squadron Supreme there.With Thor that's some major heavy hitters on the Avengers!

#20 Posted by Watertorture (3 posts) - - Show Bio

So who is the yellow minotaur?

#21 Edited by bsavelli (57 posts) - - Show Bio

art looks amazing, and I'm kinda happy with Cap's new costume, even though it was obviously inspired by the movie

#22 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great I say.

#23 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4853 posts) - - Show Bio
Cool, but I kind of don't get the teams  SECRET Avengers: self explanatory.  NEW Avengers: Tweaked  Illuminati, with a brand name instead.  Young Avengers: Kid Heroes.  But what's the difference between Uncanny, and this team? (+)
#24 Posted by neiliusprime (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yung ANcient One: Uncanny Avengers is more of a team consisted of mutants and Avengers. Captain America feels like the Avengers need to have more support to mutantkind.

#25 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@Cafeterialoca: who ??

Space Ghost joke...nevermind.

But there's always been a 616 Hyperon.

#26 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4853 posts) - - Show Bio
@neiliusprime:  Thank you, but now... why is Havok the leader, and why is Cannonball on the AVENGERS?
my guess now is this AVENGERS is all the other teams as a whole (+)
#27 Posted by neiliusprime (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yung ANcient One: I think Cap wants Havok to lead the Uncanny Avengers because he wants to show humanity that mutants can be heroes as well. There is still a lot of hate/fear to mutantkind in the Marvel Universe so I think Havok being a mutant will lead by example. As for Cannonball and Sunspot being on the main Avengers roster, I'm not sure how I feel about that. The purpose of Uncanny Avengers is to include mutants on the roster, not on the main Avengers roster. I don't hate, I just question it just like you. But I guess we will know soon when Avengers #1 comes out this week

#28 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

Just read it, it's so good

#29 Posted by imNinjak (2 posts) - - Show Bio

lots of promise, keep the new characters coming and that last page is the first time i wanted to be Cap...it's the new uni!!!!

#30 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

Just read it and I can say its got me anticipating the next issue. The art is top notch and the villains look very cool.

#31 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@neiliusprime said:

@papad1992: agree. I don't hate Cannonball, but for some reason him being on the Avengers seems a little weird..

dude with dreads: Eden Fesi aka Manifold

woman to right of Cap: Smasher (new female superhero)

man to right of Cap: Hyperion

Blue woman: captain universe?

guy in red next to Wolverine: not sure either

Cool thanks...

And I'm not that excited to see Cannonball here among these kind of heroes! He just doesn't fit in my opinion! Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Cannonball and the New Mutants as a whole, but he feels like an odd pick (him and Sunspot)! Put it's too quick to judge so we'll just have to wait and see!!

#32 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

So the guy in the red next to Wolverine is Shang-Chi!

#33 Posted by celestial_man (108 posts) - - Show Bio

random question but who is ex-nilo and the garden are they some new supervialla aka the big bad of the week that everyone will forget about soon enough. Avengers villains do tend to be either very bad or very good.

#34 Posted by Agypt2020 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay I have to say am intrigue by the Avengers line up with lots of power to take on any given situation. Impressive! Hope they will not muck it up!

#35 Posted by huser (97 posts) - - Show Bio

@neiliusprime said:

@Yung ANcient One: I think Cap wants Havok to lead the Uncanny Avengers because he wants to show humanity that mutants can be heroes as well. There is still a lot of hate/fear to mutantkind in the Marvel Universe so I think Havok being a mutant will lead by example. As for Cannonball and Sunspot being on the main Avengers roster, I'm not sure how I feel about that. The purpose of Uncanny Avengers is to include mutants on the roster, not on the main Avengers roster. I don't hate, I just question it just like you. But I guess we will know soon when Avengers #1 comes out this week

If mutants are limited to the "integrated" squad that in fact negates the whole concept to begin with. Now the exact choice here seems weird, but if the X-men are going to still be a thing (with their own spinoffs of independents, rogus, and training cadres, in addition to the main squad) and the Uncanny team represents some of their more senior operatives to put a positive and powerful face to the mutant cause (with the loss of some of the biggest names of the X-squads to recent events), maybe some New Mutant alumni is all they could really spare.