Marvel Goes West with 'Six Guns: Locked and Loaded'

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Marvel will be stepping into a whole new frontier with 'Six Guns: Locked and Loaded,' a "new type of Western for the Marvel Universe." In this new series from Andy Diggle and David Gianfelice, the old west will clash with the present day in a series that will put the spotlight on a few characters that don't normally get a lot of panel time! The five issue mini series which is set to launch this November will feature Tarantula, Tex Dawson, the Black Riders, The Two Gun and Matt Slade. Writer Andy Diggle weighed in on the premise of the first two issues, which open with Tarantula, who is known for her appearances in Heroes For Hire, after her arrest for two murders she may have committed.

No Caption Provided

“As she's being transported to an arraignment hearing by Texas Ranger ‘Tex’ Dawson, the Black Riders Motorcycle Club makes a spectacular intervention. The second issue sees bounty hunter Matt Slade and the Two-Gun Kid thrown into the mix."

The question is, did Tarantula really murder two people, or is she being set up for a crime she didn't commit because she knows too much?

== TEASER ==

“Tarantula has uncovered a conspiracy in the tiny South American nation of San Diablo, which is where most of the action plays out, and powerful interests want her dead. San Diablo stands on the brink of civil war—Santa Maria to the north, and Sierra Del Diablo to the south—and both sides have hired massive U.S. private military contractors to fight for them."

The series will take cues from the way the old west was won, where the land wasn't ruled and regulated by laws and it was every man (and woman) for his (her) self. Marvel also revealed some very cool interior pages of Six Guns: Locked and Loaded by artist David Gianfelice that will surely impress readers. It's also interesting to see Marvel take a chance with a "western" style comic book, which would be unlike anything they've done in a long time (we're talking Gunsmoke Western, The Gunhawk and Kid Colt Outlaw). Are you looking forward to seeing Marvel's 'Six Guns: Locked and Loaded' this November? Do you think Marvel should take a chance and publish more Western style comic books? Check out the preview images of the first issue below and let us know what you think!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Source Marvel

justafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By justafan

i've always liked westerns i don't know how i feel about tarantula though

maxicere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By maxicere

I will read the first number and them see...

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Looks interesting, I liked the Western comics I have gotten my hands on, and this looks like it might very well be one I put on the pull list.

Avatar image for spider_man_2996
spider-man 2996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#4  Edited By spider-man 2996

If this was set back like Jonah Hex I might read it but I don't like Tarantula.
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Decept-O

Ha, I was just checking out the Tarantula page the other day.  Not much love shown for the character but the art is impressive even if there is some photo tracing going on.  Pretty good way to bring out the lesser used characters in Marvel's stable. 

Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mumbles

some of the worst panel breaking i've ever seen.really no reason to do any at all.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#7  Edited By The Impersonator

YEE-HAW!

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I'm calling a Ghost Rider appearance sometime soon right now. 

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By obscurefan

Could be good.

CombatSpoon86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By CombatSpoon86

Trying to compete with the All Western title I see

CrimsonTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CrimsonTempest

All Marvel had going for its Westerns is the Rawhide Kid. This is just needless exposition to compete with the vastly superior All-Star Western. Thanks, but no thanks, on my part.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By shawn87

I like Andy Diggle...but I dont know if i'll get this

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By blackkitty

Ghost Rider? Maybe...I'm waiting for...wait for it... The Texas Rangers!! Come on, where's Shooting Star and Texas Twister? Anyway, I might check it out. Since I dropped all my DC books, I need something to spend my money on.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Was that Wolverine in the cowboy hat riding the car?

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Golden Cod

And here I thought it was going to be the original Tarantula, the one who was fighting alongside Daredevil prior to Shadowland.   No longer interested!

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#16  Edited By xerox_kitty

Does a large breasted female character really need to wear stars over her boobs to suggest 'this is wear the magic is'? :p

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@xerox-kitty said:

Does a large breasted female character really need to wear stars over her boobs to suggest 'this is wear the magic is'? :p

Those were large? lol Haha but in all seriousness I think the stars are the antithesis to the official Texas Rangers star, at least from how it looks to me.
Avatar image for deactivated-5edc72068d57d
deactivated-5edc72068d57d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@spider-man 2996:

Really? I love the new Tarantula

Avatar image for spider_man_2996
spider-man 2996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By spider-man 2996
@VenomMelendez
Yeah I read some of the Heroes for Hire and she just did'nt appeal to me. Maybe I need to re-read them.