Posted by G-Man (36811 posts) - - Show Bio

As we get ready for Superior Spider-Month, Marvel continues with the announcements. Yesterday the revealed plans for THE SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN and Monday we got a look at SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #9. Today they announced the return of Carnage.

Kevin Shinick (AVENGING SPIDER-MAN, Robot Chicken) will pen the story along with Stephen Segovia (X-TREME X-MEN, THOR) handling the art duties. This isn't just the return of Carnage. This is going to be the SUPERIOR Carnage.

In a five-issue miniseries, we'll see Carnage deteriorating in an asylum but apparently his fellow inmates have not given up on him or what he stands for. They plan on rebuilding Carnage in a Frankenstein fashion to try to restore the symbiote to its deadly former glory. With Cletus Kasady in a catatonic state, what emerges from their experiments could be more than anyone bargained for.

Kevin Shinick said the following:

“I'm really excited to be working on Superior Carnage. It's very rare that you can say the words 'Like you've never seen him before!' and truly mean it. But Stephen and I have been working on some great designs for what happens when the Wizard attempts to turn Carnage into an agent of evil the way the Avengers converted Venom for good! Plus now that Cletus Kasady has essentially been lobotomized, readers (and the Wizard) are going to encounter a monster very different from what they were expecting.”

The series begins in July.

SUPERIOR CARNAGE #1

Written by KEVIN SHINICK

Art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA

Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN

ON SALE JULY 2013!

#1 Posted by Chewish (38 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds interesting. I want to read more on Carnage, but I've never read any of his stories. Anyone recommend any good story arcs featuring Carnage??

#2 Posted by Spidermac17 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Doc Ock's gonna get in Carnage's brain too..

#3 Posted by Fenderxx (438 posts) - - Show Bio

That is a villain I want to see how Ock handles

#4 Posted by End_Boss (738 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.

#5 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Carnage us great, I look forward to this.

#6 Posted by sledgemeyers (40 posts) - - Show Bio

*Six months from today...

Due to the overwhelmingly great response to Superior Spider-Man and Superior Carnage, Marvel is pleased to announce... Superior Mary Jane! After swearing off Peter Parker when she finds out his secret, secret identity, and having Gwen Stacy's memories spliced into hers, Mary Jane moves to L.A. to fufil her dream of being a full-time Hollywood actress. Quickly will she realize though that Hollywood isn't all glitz and glamour as she takes on a new personality that has her gaining new catty girlfriends and an entire new wardrobe provided by American Eagle!

"Marvel is all over diversity and we're glad to announce our new on-going in the hopes that we can gain an entire new generation of... young girls and people that like to stare at Mary Jane."

Art by Rob Liefield. Donezo. I win.

#7 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds cool.

#8 Posted by DadaHyena (61 posts) - - Show Bio

If we've got a Robot Chicken writer on this project, expect Carnage to be kicking a lot of people in the nuts!

#9 Posted by NB (2 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by butters911 (285 posts) - - Show Bio

This Superior Spidey week is great so far. I can't wait to find out the last two announcements. Plus, I love the Wizard

#11 Posted by stetson12 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Superior Spider stories are pretty damn good, so I guess I'm on board for this

#12 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

damn it marvel stop taunting me with Crains beautiful art only to have someone else do the interior

#13 Posted by w0nd (3729 posts) - - Show Bio

@chewish: Might as well read carnage, carnage usa, Venom and Carnage.

#14 Posted by jwalser3 (5182 posts) - - Show Bio

@chewish said:

This sounds interesting. I want to read more on Carnage, but I've never read any of his stories. Anyone recommend any good story arcs featuring Carnage??

Maximum Carnage and Carnage U.S.A. are pretty good.

#15 Edited by wmwadeii (3250 posts) - - Show Bio

Carnage USA was good. Would have liked the characters introduced (special forces team, etc) to have had followup issues in other titles. I thought the were going to at the start of Venom when Brock was killing the other symbiotes, but nope. I'm reading Minimum Carnage now and it's just ho-hum right now. I'm not sure about the whole Frankenstein aspect and unsure why Marvel is labotimizing the symbiotes of late. I enjoyed the inner turmoil dialogue between the hosts and symbiotes. Also how a bunch of inmates recreate Carnage better have good writing because this plot could come out cheesy.

#16 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9192 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope it is better than what minimum carnage gave us this year

#17 Posted by DedrabbiT (588 posts) - - Show Bio

This guy just keeps coming back! Haha. Can't ever put Cletus down for good I suppose.

#18 Posted by dondave (38579 posts) - - Show Bio

Picking This up

#19 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

*Six months from today...

Due to the overwhelmingly great response to Superior Spider-Man and Superior Carnage, Marvel is pleased to announce... Superior Mary Jane! After swearing off Peter Parker when she finds out his secret, secret identity, and having Gwen Stacy's memories spliced into hers, Mary Jane moves to L.A. to fufil her dream of being a full-time Hollywood actress. Quickly will she realize though that Hollywood isn't all glitz and glamour as she takes on a new personality that has her gaining new catty girlfriends and an entire new wardrobe provided by American Eagle!

"Marvel is all over diversity and we're glad to announce our new on-going in the hopes that we can gain an entire new generation of... young girls and people that like to stare at Mary Jane."

Art by Rob Liefield. Donezo. I win.

Hahahaha this is class

#20 Posted by sora_thekey (8180 posts) - - Show Bio

After the success of Franken-Castle they still decided to title the story about Carnage turned into a Frankenstein monster SUPERIOR Carnage? Really?!

Franken-Carnage!!! It's right there! So easy!

(Interesting plot though...)

#21 Edited by The Mighty Monarch (2267 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, I LOVE me some Carnage, but Marvel... STOP STICKING 'SUPERIOR' ONTO EVERYTHING SPIDER-MAN RELATED! IT'S GETTING BEYOND GIMMICKY.

On an unrelated note, I'm excited about both recent 'Superior' announcements despite the gimmicky titles.

#22 Posted by BoyWander (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Carnage Mini-series everywhere.

#23 Edited by moviegeek17 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

For the love of god, can we please drop the superior subtitle?

#24 Edited by henrik (562 posts) - - Show Bio

Great !

#25 Posted by freeballer (61 posts) - - Show Bio

This is getting retarded, "superior" foes, "superior" carnage...... There has been nothing worthwhile in the "superior" spider-man, but unfortunately marvel is either not getting the msg or "comic geeks" will buy anything with the marvel logo on it. I really do hope that this ends up in a major nosedive of readers... I certainly not buying anything new, they've ruined too many titles with their hack writing the last few years worth.

#26 Edited by Perfect 10 (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

why not just make it on-going? this is the third carnage miniseries in the past year. just saying...

#27 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8151 posts) - - Show Bio

Gah bring back Crain the artist x.x

#28 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

that art is great

#29 Edited by WWAJfan (242 posts) - - Show Bio

#

@chewish: Carnage USA, Carnage MindBomb, AMZ SPidey 361-363, FamilyFeud, Minimum Carnage (my fave), Maximum Carnage, Web of Carnage.

I've read that some people didnt like Minimum, but i know a lot of peoplo who loved Minimum Carnge, cool art and great fights (Venom 27). Oh and this looks Awesome...pardon me Superior.

#30 Posted by Prodigy P (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel seems pretty obsessed with Carnage mini-series as of late. Here's hoping this one actually has real impact.

#31 Edited by Burns2k (15 posts) - - Show Bio

love the fact were getting the third mini series in a year! if you count minimum carnage cross over as one! and four in the space of just over two years or so give or take when zeb wells carnage mini started/ended! going to be awesome but i do feel we need a toxin ongoing series tbh... little bit concerned regarding the redesign of carnage? the current look is ace! where as in the 90's he was black and red now he's almost a slick red and has teeth looks more scary nowadays!

#32 Posted by VictorVonDoom_1 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always liked Carnage. I might pick this up.

#33 Posted by akbogert (3224 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how Crain is the de facto Carnage artist at this point. Quite the letdown that they won't have his stuff on the inside too :(

#34 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

At this point..what about Superior Venom? Seriously...this is just getting kinda old :/ At any rate, makes you wonder that if Cassaday isn't in control if he's lobotomized, that who would take control of the Carnage symbiote? And if Marvel is suggesting that Ock take control of Carnage too now then my faith in creativity is over...seriously...

#35 Edited by GrandSymbiote94 (11667 posts) - - Show Bio

@dh69 said:

damn it marvel stop taunting me with Crains beautiful art only to have someone else do the interior

Stephen Segovia's art doesn't look that bad.

#36 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11667 posts) - - Show Bio

@chewish said:

@wwajfan said:

#

@chewish: Carnage USA, Carnage MindBomb, AMZ SPidey 361-363, FamilyFeud, Minimum Carnage (my fave), Maximum Carnage, Web of Carnage.

I've read that some people didnt like Minimum, but i know a lot of peoplo who loved Minimum Carnge, cool art and great fights (Venom 27). Oh and this looks Awesome...pardon me Superior.

This guy summed it up pretty well. My favorite was Maximum Carnage though.

As for the post in general I'm definitely picking this up.

#38 Edited by redcordialman (9 posts) - - Show Bio

So good they are doing this minimum was just not a full meal carnage story.. but good lead up for this!

#39 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@dh69 said:

Loved his art on Venom vs Carnage, Ghost Rider Road to Damnation, and Ghost Rider Trail of tears. One of the top 3 Artist in comics IMO.