• 70 results
dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By dondasch

Anyone else feeling inundated by all these concurrent events ?  Just can't even seem to get a breath with all this madness.

Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Chane
@Gambit1024: I believe that was to do with a new Defenders book.
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Another event, that's exactly what Marvel needs. Who cares about good stories and characterisation when you have taglines saying;

THE MARVEL UNIVERSE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#54  Edited By xerox_kitty

The Heroes Reborn font? Really? Are Marvel so desperate for new fonts that they have to recycle something from 15 years ago?? 

I'd be willing to bet that this will be an 'after Fear Itself' cover banner.  Not so much a cross-over event, but a 'Heroic Age' style event with the occasional one-shot to tie in to regular ongoing titles. 

But more than anything... 

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MARVEL'S NON-STOP EVENTS & CROSS-OVERS THEN STOP BUYING THEM!!! 

They are only responding to the sales spikes created by fans who'll buy everything & anything; quantity not quality.  If these events didn't sell, then they would STOP making them!

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55  Edited By Aiden Cross
@xerox_kitty: If Boom Boom was in it you'd buy it too even though its crappy :P
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#56  Edited By xerox_kitty

Nope.  I just found out that Boom Boom has another pointlessly small cameo in Uncanny X-Men's Fear ITself tie-in.  I'm still not going to buy it until it's a cheap back issue that doesn't count towards the sales figures ;)

I don't buy Uncanny X-Men brand new off the shelf for the same reason people who complain about "Event Fatigue" should stop buying the events that they claim to hate so much...  If sales drop down, then Marvel will have to change something. 

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Please Marvel just have an event break for awhile, its just a constant stream of events and tie ins at the moment.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58  Edited By AgeofHurricane

ANOTHER ONE ?

Seriously Marvel ? I mean really ? are we really doing this ? like really ? Marvel ?

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#59  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

The whole thing is just very silly

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#60  Edited By TheGoldenOne
-___-
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#61  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@xerox_kitty said:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MARVEL'S NON-STOP EVENTS & CROSS-OVERS THEN STOP BUYING THEM!!!

Yeah, sorry but I'm calling bull on this. Sure eventually we fans who have been reading comics forever will get tired (and are tired) of these events will stop buying them, but there are always those new readers out there who fall for the whole "nothing will ever be the same!" tagline and will keep buying the books thinking that they're seeing the next chapter in the Marvel Universe unfold before their very eyes and yet they don't even realize that it's the same "universe changing" event every few months. And Marvel knows that they can sucker these readers and thus will keep making the events. It's not about being smart and not buying, it's the fact that Marvel knows that new readers are suckers and fall for the same old tricks and that's why we keep seeing them.

But I could seriously get into everything I see wrong with Marvel's "don't buy" solution for fans to tell Marvel what they like and don't like because honestly every time I see Joe Q, or Bendis, or Loeb mention the whole "don't buy the books, we won't make them" crap I find that such a horrible and crappy way to tell what the fans "like" and "don't like"... -___-
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#62  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@xerox_kitty said:

This is exactly what I said. I don't understand people who keep buying the books week in and week out when there not happy with them. I have dropped nearly all of my Marvel books because I'v not been happy with them for a long while.
Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#63  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Secret Avengers is on my pull list and has been since it came out but I've been really tired of seeing the Fear Itself banner on things that it's worn me down so consequently reading the titles I'd normally get has become a chore, Journey into Mystery I have about 3 issues I've bought but haven't read yet because I'm getting fed up, yeah I could just stop until it blows over as Xerox Kitty rightly pointed out but I think the obsessive numbering collector keeps me from doing so. It's a sad state of affairs really, DC are more or less starting from scratch and Marvel just seem to be spiralling into chaos with this event mentality, I see nothing but weariness from other Viners who are much more in the loop than I am at the moment with the events and with a few people in shops, surely Marvel must see that they are running the risk of seriously alienating a good proportion of readers with these tactics? 

djotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 367

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By djotaku

man, I've got event fatigue.  Not to mention I don't have the money for this if they want me to be following the main books.  They should really streamline these things if they want numbers on their individual books up rather than just Marvel numbers being up.  Oh well.  I love me a good story, but this is getting ridiculous.  However, given that it's in Oct, may be it's just an epilogue to Fear Itself?

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Marvel needs to hang it up with events for a while. This is just getting out of hand. ::shakes head::

x_lover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By x_lover1
@RedheadedAtrocitus:  

too much Head's gonna explode
leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By leokearon

This is ridculous, they finished an event and then immediately start another one?

Avatar image for infinityomelette
InfinityOmelette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By InfinityOmelette

I LOVE THIS LOGO IT REMINDS ME OF 80s METAL HAIR / GLAM BANDS!

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69  Edited By The Devil Tiger
@difficlus said:
@Sobe Cin said:
Umm. I am about ready to jump ship, I cannot stand all these damn events.
same here. So damn silly

Yup. 

I guess "Nothing will be the same anymore because there's three year in the making, and this will leave us wondering "who is Rainbow Hulk ?""
batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By batmanary

This is why I'm glad I stuck with DC.