• 70 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you ready for another Marvel event? Marvel comics has revealed the official teaser to what is to be their next big company event, 'Shattered Heroes.'

The teaser is simple block text and was accompanied by two quotes from Marvel's Senior Vice President and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. Based on the teaser for their next big event, Marvel seems to be following the same pattern of build heroes to break them that we've been seeing since, well, before Marvel's Civil War. So what makes this event stand out from the rest? Apparently, this event may be so catastrophic, that our heroes will have trouble "finding the strength to go on."

== TEASER ==

“The war is over, and the warriors return home, carrying with them scars of battle, both physical and mental. Now the cost will be tallied, the casualties buried and mourned, the rubble swept up and carted away. But the damage to our heroes isn’t easily repaired, the wounds not easily healed. Decisions are made and lives are changed—can shattered heroes find renewed courage to go on?” – Tom Brevoort, SVP Executive Editor

Check out the official teaser and accompanying quote from Marvel's SVP Tom Brevoort below. Let us know what you think the teaser means, and whether or not it's piqued your interest in the release of Marvel's 'Shattered Heroes ' event launching this October.

Source: Marvel

#1 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11720 posts) - - Show Bio

wow. so there not even giving us breaks anymore?

#2 Posted by Sobe Cin (599 posts) - - Show Bio

Umm. I am about ready to jump ship, I cannot stand all these damn events.
#3 Posted by Chaos Burn (1755 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder who'll 'die' this time...

#4 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

You have people that have the ability to make all of your pain go away, mental and otherwise...

#5 Posted by CrimsonTempest (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh look, it's this crossover again.

#6 Posted by CanterburyCricket (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh come on Marvel, just as I am slating my DC buddies before their re-boot/launch/whatever , you go and have another event. With Fear Itself and Spider Island I will be evented out if I get anymore this year. 

#7 Posted by fitchy101 (205 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sobe Cin said:
I already did, I only pick up about 10% Marvel books now whereas before I only picked up about 10% DC.
#8 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2310 posts) - - Show Bio
@CanterburyCricket said:
Oh come on Marvel, just as I am slating my DC buddies before their re-boot/launch/whatever , you go and have another event. With Fear Itself and Spider Island I will be evented out if I get anymore this year. 
O_O I'm evented out already lol and event books are so pricey, they need to gie us a 6 month break from big events that involve any sort of crossover potential 
#9 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
#10 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8753 posts) - - Show Bio

So this just the result of Fear Itself I am guessing. I heard it was going to be called Battle Scars

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27336 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel really dont like there heros huh? cue the death (or two) of some more well  developed characters for some cheap sales. 

#12 Posted by illmatic06 (51 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

NOpe. Event overload
#13 Edited by The Impersonator (4306 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I ready for the next Marvel event?  Yes.

Do I think these events are necessary? Well maybe.  

When there will be stand-alone issues? Who knows?

#14 Posted by difficlus (10678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sobe Cin said:
same here. So damn silly
#15 Posted by pspin (886 posts) - - Show Bio

This seems like more of a "passive" event, something that describes the mood of the universe rather than heroes getting together and fighting a common enemy. It will probably have some group thereapy type issues and try and dive into the minds of the heroes, if it proves unpopular, it will probably be undone or ingnored. I can see this being centered on the Avengers and also the Worthy.

The concept seems interesting i suppose but I will reserve judgement until it starts
#16 Posted by Enderof295 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually right now you have Fear Itself, Spider Island and Schism all going on... I figure Shattered Heroes will be more akin to Decimation post-House of M, or Dark Reign post-Secret Invasion.
#17 Posted by Sobe Cin (599 posts) - - Show Bio

@difficlus
    Unless Thunderbolts and X-Factor deal with it, I won't buy the books. Just too annoyed.

#18 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3536 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't they say they were going to do less events? This has been my biggest problem with comics.  Every events just exists to lead into the next one. Events used to be fun in the past, because they were rare.

Everything is always a "world shattering event". How about taking some time off shattering the world to actually tell some stories with the aftermath of the last one? Just put down the hammer, and lets see what came out of this.

@Sobe Cin
I could name some good manga to you that just tell a consistent story and don't try and kill you with yearly events that are just overly elaborate crossovers. =D

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27336 posts) - - Show Bio

the sad thing is Marvel will keep doing these crappy events because people will keep buying them

#20 Posted by Wingfoot (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi ! 

Events : the only way Marvel knows to keep their readers awaken. So, what's the catastrophe this time (yaawn) ? 

Hihane washte.
#21 Posted by BransonHuggins (97 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously.  I have been a Marvel fan for years, but this is getting a bit much.  It's like they don't even give time for there events to have any lasting effects, it's just right into the next "big event".  Well it's no longer a "big event" if you continue to pump them out one after another.  Seriously guys, you need to back the hell off on all of this.  We get it, you are losing readers, and want to get as much money as you can. But it's a little bit ridiculous at this point.  Just saying. 

#22 Posted by LordRequiem (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm tired of these massive events over and over, where obviously someone either leaves or dies. But it's Marvel, so I'll still be reading it no matter what happens, no matter how much distain I tend toward the idea of another catastrophic happening within the same year even.

#23 Edited by The Impersonator (4306 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, the events are fun to read and watch. But the thing is there isn't enough stand alone stories nowdays. For example, you're watching a Star Trek episode. Was there a crossover event? No. Well, the Borg event did happen in the same time as TNG and DS9. Anyways, Marvel should at least take a break from these events. So that we can enjoy reading stand-alone stories for some time. 

#24 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't say I'm surprised.

#25 Posted by Sammo21 (670 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if this is just the overall direction of the MARVEL U or an actual event. Kind of like what Dark Reign was for the MARVEL U as a direction more than an actual event.

#26 Posted by War Killer (19485 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think this is really an "event" like Fear Itself, from the other images I've seen it seems to be more like the aftermath of Fear Itself and how the heroes are reeling from it. I think it would be going a bit overboard to have an even RIGHT after Fear Itself knowing that we've got not only the whole deal with Osborn and H.A.M.M.E.R. coming on  with the Avengers not to mention next years big even "Ultron War" or whatever they're calling it.

Also here's a teaser that I found on Marvel.com a few weeks ago for this:

Shattered Heroes Teaser
#27 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27336 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the Heroic Age lasted long...

#28 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel needs to bring Hyperion into their main universe, that would shake things up a bit :) And im talking about the one from Earth 31916, they should bring Zarda over as well.

#29 Posted by Palaba (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea I'm guessing not an event but a new banner such as Heroic Age or Dark Reign.

#30 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

Like some of the above, foreseeing more of a " theme " thing here than an actual event.

#31 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (81 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not even a comic reader, but I think Marvel's way overdoing it on the events.

#32 Posted by 00MirageKnight00 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel needs to redeem themselves by killing more heroes an let them stay dead for al least 6 years, a good start would be with the winter soldier.

#33 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11720 posts) - - Show Bio
@haydenclaireheroes said:
So this just the result of Fear Itself I am guessing. I heard it was going to be called Battle Scars
battle scars is a different book with a similar premise
#34 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel needs to do an Event once every two years.  

One good thing about that is that they'll have more time to plan it out. Thus making it more interesting, making them look less money hungry, and they'll probably get more money lol

#35 Edited by gui22 (383 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk:HULK SMASH PUNY EVENTS!
Marvel guy:Thats it,youre going to die in our next crossover.
Other Marvel guy:Yea and Daredevil the whole demon thing dint work out so might as well kill him.
Another Marvel guy:Lets just erase his mind like we did with Iron Man! 
Yet Another Marvel guy:Hey wasnt the Sentry returning?
EVEN another marvel guy:Hey wasnt jocasta married to ultron?Then how come he was "reborn" in Avengers 12.1 if he was alive and well before siege?And the reality gem was with Iron Man not Black Bolt.
These are the things i dont like about marvel theyre getting confused with themselves!

#36 Posted by Golden Cod (378 posts) - - Show Bio

What a cheesy title.  We just can't stop looking to the 90s for inspiration can we?

#37 Edited by bunkerbuster05 (294 posts) - - Show Bio

This seems more like an epilogue to Fear Itself. This event is pretty rough, villain wise. These dudes are basically gods, and some damage is being done physically and mentally. I want some aftermath, but more importantly I want

Bucky's death to be fully acknowledged.

#38 Posted by Mercy_ (92081 posts) - - Show Bio

Fear Itself isn't even over and they're already teasing the next event? SMH.

#39 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress
I was thinking a little about this the other day, and I find solicitations/sales technicalities to be somewhat at fault for this.
When something is going to be spoiled no matter what you try, particularly in this information age, their really isn't much
else to do but try and roll with it. Not dismissing other factors in play either though.
#40 Posted by mickeyangel (46 posts) - - Show Bio

I am event fatigued.  Would love to see the books stand alone for awhile, both brand wise and franchise wise.  I thought Heroic Age last year was supposed to be a return to a less dark and gritty and death filled universe that has tumbled on since House of M and Decimation.  And then came Fear Itself and Schism.  Can't get a happy break.  At least DC is so preoccupied with setting the tone of their individual new books they won't dare go near a company wide event (or at least that's what they say).  I'd be happy to be event free for many years to come.

#41 Posted by VanAce (138 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds a little like Fear Itself aftermath miniseries to me.

#42 Posted by StarKiller809 (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Marvel has already done this...
I guess if they change the name it makes it original.

#43 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Well the Heroic Age lasted long...

Hah! Yeah, no shit, huh?

The Heroic Age might be remembered as "The Heroic Year" providing it's even remembered at all.

#44 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to the whole "is it in you?" thing? Is this that?

#45 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4139 posts) - - Show Bio

*Yawn* Does anyone really care any more? Its about time for Marvel to scrap doing comics and just concentrate on movies.

#46 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@pspin said:

This seems like more of a "passive" event, something that describes the mood of the universe rather than heroes getting together and fighting a common enemy. It will probably have some group thereapy type issues and try and dive into the minds of the heroes, if it proves unpopular, it will probably be undone or ingnored. I can see this being centered on the Avengers and also the Worthy. The concept seems interesting i suppose but I will reserve judgement until it starts

#47 Posted by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's unfair for event-followers to complain.  Some event-tie ins are stand alone.  buy them and nothing else.  Others are essential reading - buy them or don't.  And others are filler shit... skip it.  For example, nothing happening in Bendis's Avengers matters until Fear Itself is over.  Hawkeye kisses someone who is not his wife for no apparent reason.  It's on the cover.  It's all that happens in the book.  Don't buy it. 

We've come quite a long way from the days where crossover events were linear across multiple books.  Nowadays, only X-books do that... and schism clearly even breaks this trend. :(

#48 Posted by Trodorne (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay im calling it now, This event will see some heroes stepping down from comics for the next while at least until marvel wants to bring them back to boost sales for about a month. 
 there will be 8 separate tie in issues that will not be connected to their main titles such as shattered heroes Spider-man #1. and this will cause teams to be re-formed hence why we will have the new fantastic four with spider-man. 

So in the end, those who know they are going to cave and buy into the event send me a PM.

#49 Posted by BatBen9135 (63 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
*Yawn* Does anyone really care any more? Its about time for Marvel to scrap doing comics and just concentrate on movies.

Couldn't agree more. Movies are a better bet than comics now of days anyway.
#50 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh goody, another event... -__-