• 155 results
Posted by G-Man (30615 posts) - - Show Bio

With San Diego Comic-Con just under two weeks away, the announcements and teases have already begun. This morning, Marvel has announced that megastars Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness will reunite this December for an action packed story of epic proportions. In other words, be prepared for "_ _ _ _ _ Reborn."

Who is getting reborn? We'll have to wait and see. Does the character's name actually only have five letters or is this a generic placeholder to tease us? It looks as if they purposely are trying to tell us it's five letters and not just a big blank placeholder.

We will find out in two weeks as San Diego Comic-Con at the Cup O' Joe Panel on Saturday, July 23, at 2:45 pm PST. Start making your guess now so you can be the first to 'call it.'

Staff
#1 Edited by thechessclub (497 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if that picture is a real game of hangman and the missing letters are all ones that do not already appear in the picture?=P

OH! Wait, I got it. It's C L O A K. That's why it's all black too. lol

#2 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7572 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd put money on it being Torch.

#3 Posted by TheHood (155 posts) - - Show Bio

If it is 5 letters.... Bucky Reborn.

#4 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheHood said:

If it is 5 letters.... Bucky Reborn.

YEP. My money's on that.
#5 Posted by SC (12689 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulks

#6 Posted by VprVnmSRT10 (104 posts) - - Show Bio

What about X-Men reborn?

Dont think it will be, but how many 5 character titles are in the Marvel Universe?

#7 Posted by Jake Fury (18116 posts) - - Show Bio

Bucky returns as the Red Buck!
#8 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
Hulks
I was just about to write this^
#9 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

They revive someone every month. I dont see how this is a big deal. Its even less of deal  because Loeb is on it,
#10 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

Bucky and Hulks are both good guesses. I can't think of what else it could be. I highly doubt it's Torch

#11 Posted by sithfrog (909 posts) - - Show Bio

Depending on the validity of Children's Crusdade...perhaps it's "Witch" or "Wanda" Reborn?
#12 Posted by notoriousbcb (371 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawn87 said:

Bucky and Hulks are both good guesses. I can't think of what else it could be. I highly doubt it's Torch

I agree - too early to be the Torch. My money is on the Hulks given both of their histories with the character.

#13 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

I swear if this is H U L K S reborn someone will burn!!!

#14 Posted by G-Man (30615 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep in mind this is happening in DECEMBER. That gives some time for build up.

Staff
#15 Posted by longbowhunter (6725 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read about an Avengers project Loeb and McGuiness were working on for this year, perhaps this is it.
#16 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7572 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulks is much more plausible thinking about it, I just wouldn't be surprised if they brought Torch back this soon. Hulks, yeah good shout.

#17 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

@VprVnmSRT10 said:

What about X-Men reborn?

Gotta admit, that' what I thought too. But it'd be weird to have a teaser promo for that when there's still a lot of mystery surrounding Schism... and we already know about Uncanny X-Men #1 & Wolverine & The X-Men #1.

Maybe it is Bucky. Maybe it's Torch Reborn? Who knows? The one thing I definitely know is... I'm not going to lose any sleep over this while waiting for the Marvel Panel ;)

#18 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

first i thought sentry but that aren't 5 letters.

#19 Posted by VprVnmSRT10 (104 posts) - - Show Bio

I see the return of Jean Grey and Charles, maybe even Nightcrawler. If it doesnt happen here, I think they will bring back Jean in Schism. Just my two cents.

#20 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by G-Man (30615 posts) - - Show Bio

CABLE fits the five letters but I'm not sure about Loeb and McGuinness doing a Cable book. I could see it happening but I feel Marvel is leaning towards someone else.

Staff
#22 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men??  If you count the hyphen as a blank spot

If Loebs working on it it should be TRASH reborn

#23 Posted by Harlekin (680 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: Loeb did have a run on Cable #17-39 and X-Force #44-61. 
#24 Edited by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

oooh Hangman I love this game! Most suspenseful game of hangman ever!

#25 Posted by danhimself (22270 posts) - - Show Bio

my money is on Hulks....wouldn't be the Human Torch if anyone was going to resurrect him it would Hickman

#26 Posted by GothamRed (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

my guess for 5 letters, Torch, anyone else?

#27 Posted by biggkeem89 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

Its the Sentry. I don't think the number of spaces are going to represent the name.  It was hinted that Sentry would return, and it would affect all of Marvel Earth. Perfect time considering what Robert did to Asgard, and what Asgard is facing with the Serpent

#28 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio
@biggkeem89: I also tought sentry but that didn't fit and stuff so yeah
and in an interview fraction was asked who is stronger thor, hulk or sentry and he responded with you gonna love fear itself.
#29 Edited by Okrag (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Thanos reborn? He would be a good option if they wanted to surprise everybody. Probably not because of the letters, Marvel knows that when people speculate they take everything to account so they wouldn't just put in 5 spaces for no reason.

#30 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

A reborn is a bad notice...  But Loeb and Mc Guinness are great !!!

#31 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Mutan-- 

Damn.

#32 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:

Keep in mind this is happening in DECEMBER. That gives some time for build up.

Its Bucky. Hes going to be revived as a Vampire for the next Vampire-centric event
#33 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

If it does turn out to be Sentry, they picked the wrong creative team.....Again.

#34 Posted by SpidermanWins (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

OOOHHH MYSTERY ABOUNDS

#35 Posted by Chris2KLee (173 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable or Bucky are my guesses. But that said neither of the creative team have impressed me in awhile. Hopefully this will signal a turn around.

#36 Posted by xkoenig (393 posts) - - Show Bio

B U C K Y?
T O R C H?

#37 Posted by sora_thekey (8152 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Loeb and McGuinnness... I think It might be Hulks-related.

#38 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:

CABLE fits the five letters but I'm not sure about Loeb and McGuinness doing a Cable book. I could see it happening but I feel Marvel is leaning towards someone else.

That would be awesome if it was Cable.
#39 Posted by danhimself (22270 posts) - - Show Bio

like I said before....there's no way that Loeb would be writing a Human Torch Reborn book...Jonathan Hickman has been doing the FF book for a while now and if anyone was going to resurrect Johnny it would be him.....pretty much the same thing goes for Bucky...why would Marvel let anyone other than Brubaker write his return?

#40 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

Loeb? Gosh definitely staying away from this. I can only pray its not one of my loved characters...

#41 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Leifield wrote on his twitter that he thinks its Cable Reborn
#42 Posted by Midnight Monk (225 posts) - - Show Bio

OMFG why!? Seriously I sick of Marvel constant ressurection stories! Why people go out and buy them is beyond me. Let a dead character stay dead for christsake
#43 Edited by Sissel (1985 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is better be Cable because his story is not yet finished IMO. Specifically, when he went to that mission.

#44 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8865 posts) - - Show Bio

this seems very interesting. 

#45 Posted by Gawdzilla (376 posts) - - Show Bio

Its too early for Johnny to come back...but CABLE...now that's another story

#46 Posted by jordanbines (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable?

#47 Posted by Mucklefluga (2510 posts) - - Show Bio

It's gonna be the birth of Cable
#48 Posted by FortressoftheMoon (678 posts) - - Show Bio

"There's no stopping what can't be stopped, no killing what can't be killed. This is dreadful, truly dreadful." - King Willie

#49 Posted by Golden Cod (412 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123 said:

They revive someone every month. I dont see how this is a big deal. Its even less of deal  because Loeb is on it,
Quoted for truth.   Keep Loeb away from Marvel's characters.
#50 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Golden Cod said:
@doordoor123 said:

Quoted for truth.   Keep Loeb away from Marvel's characters.

i think he should just stay away from comics in general.