Posted by G-Man (31844 posts) - - Show Bio

Dexter Morgan is getting his own comic. If you've seen the Showtime series, Dexter, you know what it's about. Marvel has decided to do a comic adaptation of the series. This is actually a series that was previously announced but now it seems back on track.

Will this character work well in a comic book format? Will fans of the show want to check it out? The five-issue miniseries will be written by the series creator and New York Times best-selling Jeff Lindsay so we know Dexter will be in good hands. The art will be handled by Dalibor Talajic.

Dexter is a "skilled forensic blood spatter expert with the Miami police department but he’s also the city’s friendly neighborhood crime-fighting serial killer who has to face his greatest challenge yet—a high school reunion!"

Here's what Jeff Lindsay has to say about the comic:

Marvel Comics has always been a place where I felt at home. It has been a very important part of my life, and has always been a wellspring of creative and relevant ideas.

DEXTER #1 (OF 5)

Written by JEFF LINDSAY

Penciled and Inked by DALIBOR TALAJIC

Cover by DALIBOR TALAJIC

On-Sale February 2013I feel like I'm coming home. It is a huge thrill for me to bring Dexter into this very special pantheon.

Staff
#1 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as Punisher and Dexter team up in some capacity, it'll be awesome!!!

#2 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

#3 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

aWsome Love Dexter!!! Is that suppose to be Dexter on the cover?

#4 Posted by longbowhunter (7038 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a huge fan of the show but never cared for the books Lindsay wrote. I'll sit this one out.

#5 Posted by Loki9876 (2995 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh said:

I don't think that's Dexter. He looks like his father.

#6 Posted by kennybaese (1110 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems it's based less on the show and more on the books that inspired it, which makes sense given that the author or those books is also writing this miniseries. In which case, yes, that's most likely Dexter on the cover.

#7 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a big Dexter fan so will probably check this one out.

#8 Edited by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, I haven't heard news on this since like a year ago, I thought it was cancelled. Cool to see that it's alive.

@Loki9876 said:

@MadeinBangladesh said:

I don't think that's Dexter. He looks like his father.

It's based on the books rather than the show. I'm certain that's Dexter on the cover, I feel like I remember reading something about them having issues over licensing rights to make the characters look like the TV ones. So they had to go with original designs. I don't really like the way Dex looks on this cover though, he looks like Nic Cage.

#9 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG *diez*

#10 Posted by k4tzm4n (39496 posts) - - Show Bio
@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

Ironic because Ray Stevenson is the villain in the current season of Dexter.
Staff
#11 Posted by Zomboid (740 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! My favorite show, and I love Lindsay's original novels as well. This will help hold me over between the 7th and 8th season.

#12 Posted by UrbanChill (221 posts) - - Show Bio

wouldnt this title be better for dc comics ?

#13 Posted by The Stegman (23815 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehhh, not a fan of Lindsay's books..this is one of the rare occasions where the television adaptation is better than the source material (along with The Vampire Diaries, and In my controversial opinion, The Walking Dead) 

@UrbanChill:  

wouldnt this title be better for dc comics ?

Why do you say that?
#14 Posted by Vincie_Pooh (109 posts) - - Show Bio

if its more on the book. Nice!

#15 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesomeness...but this just makes me yearn to have a comic series/miniseries for this guy...

#16 Posted by DonFelipe (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the idea of Comic-Dexter and Jeff Lindsay writing it. It's gotta be good.

It's also a good idea that Comic-Dexter doesn't look like TV-Dexter.

I'm thrilled.

#17 Posted by Seafarinhare (58 posts) - - Show Bio

SURPRISE MUTHAF***AH

#18 Posted by ComicStooge (12481 posts) - - Show Bio

I can dig this.

#19 Posted by Queso6p4 (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, once I saw who was writing it I added it to my pull list. Still, I hope it translates well.

#20 Posted by Gonzo33 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

1 of 5? I thought this was an ongoing. Might actually pick it up if it is a mini series, a tight story.

#21 Posted by UrbanChill (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: idk really i just feel like this is a better suited comic for dc i couldnt explain why

#22 Posted by zlightburn (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldnt this be a better fit on Vertigo?

#23 Posted by HackedLife (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder if this will be based on the TV episode "Those Kinds of Things"? Dexter went to his high school reunion in that episode.