• 88 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Marvel is definitely up to something. We've been seeing teaser after teaser all last week. These teasers have been focusing on past big events in Marvel Comics with a date of Summer 2015. In some cases, the teasers have new art with some strange tweaks added to them that show it's not a simple retelling of the original story. What all these mean and how we'll be seeing them all again remains to be seen.

The teasers we've seen so far include SECRET WARS, CIVIL WAR, AGE OF ULTRON VS MARVEL ZOMBIES, YEARS OF FUTURE PAST, PLANET HULK, and ARMOR WARS. There is no shortage of big Marvel events as yet another has been announced: HOUSE OF M.

No Caption Provided

Once again, you can see some differences in the art. HOUSE OF M was original by Brian Michael Bendis with art by Olivier Coipel. The original story dealt with Scarlet Witch changing reality so there was (almost) "No more mutants." That phrase is also something that has been mentioned at NYCC and with the news of a new UNCANNY AVENGERS series last Friday.

We'll have to wait for more information.

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

HOUSE OF M!

Ladyonora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my god I have to read the original...

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I don't care anymore marvel.

KyreCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about Wanda changing reality so there are (almost) "No more comic titles"?

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Okay seeing as Wolverine is on this cover. I am guessing some sort of timeline battle connected with Secret Wars.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Can't wait to see more kneejerk reactions.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By IDontLikeBirds

Anyone surprised? Anyone, no? Didn't think so. Still think this is just in another universe, and a one shot that ties into Secret Wars, which explains all the different versions of characters.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drellassassin: Exactly. These teasers are getting huge views. Looking at our "Popular" column on the upper right, you can see four of last week's announcements are up there.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By johnny_blaze

Marvel just give up already.

Sirzechs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sirzechs

I can see it now at the end of Summer 2015 Wanda will say "No more Events" then REBOOT.

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By StarWatcher

Is it really necessary to make a topic for each one of these? I think we all get it by now that they're bringing back all their events, hahaha....

AND I WON'T BE BUYING A SINGLE ONE OF THEM!

@ladyonora: That you do, it's a great story!

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give up...

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Marvel know how to play the comic fans like a violin ;)

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze:

everyone's buying it all up, so yeah they should totally stop making money

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starwatcher: Each teaser is a new image. Why wouldn't there be a new "topic"? How else would people know another event will be looked at/updated/tweaked/revisted again? Just putting "Update" wouldn't give information. And as I mentioned, while you might not be interested, there are many many others that are deeply curious about all of these. But we have been linking back to the other posts in the intro to make it easier to look back.

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

My take away here is... Marvel has run out of ideas and is now just re-doing all the things it's done in the past.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrecat: Why would that be a good idea?

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By laabitres

idk how to feel about this

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Since these are obviously linked to Secret Wars, it would be nice if Marvel told us something about that first, before dumping all these teasers

KyreCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love all of those costumes

Stewart77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's Age of Apocalypse, Onslaught, and Infinity Gauntlet?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrecat: How is having no cosmic titles original?

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stewart77: Give it time... Lol Personally, I can't wait for AoA to be a part of this.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starting to believe a lot of these stories are expansions of the "What if" universes that will all tie into secret wars with alternative universes.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, we get it, you're doing old stories. I don't give a sh*t and I'm honestly not all that excited about discovering why Marvek is doing this.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Guys, we get it, you're doing old stories. I don't give a sh*t and I'm honestly not all that excited about discovering why Marvek is doing this.

Then don't read the articles and don't comment on them. It doesn't affect you.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

What the hell is happening,seriously!??

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

At this point it could be anything but something is happening on the a Summer of 2015.

Stewart77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Stewart77

With seeing all the teasers and we know its all tied in to Secret Wars (and therefore the Beyonder), my bet is a complete and total retcon back to 1984... in other words, everything from the original Secret Wars on never happened.

The questions are: A) would they actually do that? and B) would people continue to read Marvel afterwards?

For instance, back in 1996 with Onslaught: I was so annoyed with Marvel for ending practically every title (except the x-men ones) and an apparent reboot that I literally stopped collecting comics. I was so done with them that I didn't even know they fixed the whole thing basically a year later and the heroes were just living in a pocket universe. I didn't start reading Marvel again till Civil War, and subsequently learned about what actually happened back in 1997. My point is, if they pull something like this how many people will continue to read anything Marvel? It'll most definitely annoy new readers, and unless you've been reading since the 1980's you just might just say goodbye as well.

Here's hoping they're not making a mistake...

Am I intrigued? Yes.

Will I read this event? Yes.

I just really hope they don't do what it looks like they are doing... but with the Marvel Universe as messed up as it is right now with all the other things that have happened to it, something does need to happen so all these events go away.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

@punyparker said:

At this point it could be anything but something is happening on the a Summer of 2015.

No sh!t!!

American_Flag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By American_Flag

House of M was terrible.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool said:

Then don't read the articles and don't comment on them. It doesn't affect you.

Can't help it.

I'm a bad one.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

That Spidey costume is sharp

BuNKiTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't it pretty obvious that all these "Summer 2015" events are tied into the upcoming new Secret Wars?

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RaggedScarecrow

Can't say I'm surprised. House of M was pretty much guaranteed to be included in whatever Multiversal-Time Travel schenanigans this Secret Wars thing turns out to be.

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By wtk1013

My guess is with all the past titles being re-done is it may lead to a reboot. Even though many people don't like the New 52, It was a huge success for DC. Maybe Marvel wants the same. But we will have to wait and see.

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Supi

@maccyd: MAKE MINE MARVEL!!!!

...As for those that said Marvel is finished and blah blah blah we wish you a quick recovery(we know that you'll gonna read them and change opinion again anyway - anyone remember what you said with SpOck before?)This is gonna be a Marvelous summer!!

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel: lets re sell all our old events, even the shitty ones! because the consumer is dumb enough to buy them.

but realistically im pretty sure this is leading to a reboot of some sorts, like a new 52?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since these are obviously linked to Secret Wars, it would be nice if Marvel told us something about that first, before dumping all these teasers

Why? This way they can have people make assumptions and complain about how they've ran out of of "ideas", drumming up publicity before revealing the actual ideas.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#41 the_stegman  Moderator

It's obvious these are tie ins to one large event. I still think they are limited series sort of like the ones Flashpoint had in DC.

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@american_flag: I actually think its one of marvels better events if you read just the core book in Trade form.
House of M is a moral debate about whether it would be heroic to allow utopia to exist if you knew it was a lie. its similar to the concept of matrix. everyone gets what they want, everyone is happy, but wolverine knows the truth because his wish is double bladed sword, he gets to remember everything for the first time in his life and thus is able to remember true reality. what is the most heroic thing? to allow everyone to be happy or the truth. The writing is great and the art is brilliant. the core series is therefore one of the better marvel events.

the problem with House of M is three things:

1) the pacing is super slow from issue 2-5 in order to allow the world to build up and to explore the ethical debate (because its a debate that cannot be resolved by punching everything in sight all the time). As a trade the book your not forced to endure the wait between issues, thus the book flows better as a result.

2) This was made only worse by the tie-ins which also went nowhere and disputed the regular story lines. I think nearly every marvel title was affected by it, not just the avengers/x-men books.

3) the outcome. the illogical depowering of mutants. Marvel dug themselves into a hole by choosing to have certain character effected by the depowerment and others some how not effected.

For those I completely get why it resulting in people looking on the event in such a bad light. that said, if you complain the ideas explored in the main series to recent marvel events like AvX, Original Sin, Axis, fear itself etc you'll realise House of M explored them in vastly superior way.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WTF is Wolverine doing here, I didn't effing shead tears seeing him go in Death of Wolverine for him to be effing revived months effing later.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sebast_Allen

WTF is Wolverine doing here, I didn't effing shead tears seeing him go in Death of Wolverine for him to be effing revived months effing later.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By viin

just...stop.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#46  Edited By Teerack

Marvel's best event is back! :D

Heroic Toad and Felicia Hardy here we come!

King Hulk <3

They messed up on DD he didn't have a suit in House of M. I remember because I thought it was super cool Matt was just beating people up in his suit at the end.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

House of m was pretty good though

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

so many kneejerk reactions. Do people really think Marvel is just going to re-publish all of their old events? And every single one of them is coming in the Summer of 2015, yeah sure. Like...seriously. It's not obvious these are all teasers leading to something bigger and connected?

Wonder if we'll see Secret Invasion and Infinity Gauntlet in there somewhere. Dark Phoenix? Annihilation? Disassembled? Second Coming?

Personally, I'm kinda enjoying the teasers...if for no other reason than the hype.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There is no way they are going to do over all these stories.I have to wait and see what they really have plan before I jump to conclusion.