• 76 results
Posted by G-Man (31720 posts) - - Show Bio

You may have heard some rumblings about DAREDEVIL ending. How could that be? Mark Waid's series has been loved by pretty much everyone, right? It didn't make any sense for it to end.

It turns out DAREDEVIL #36 will not be Mark Waid's final Daredevil issue. Marvel has announced DAREDEVIL: ROAD WARRIOR following in the footsteps of other Infinite Comics such as WOLVERINE: JAPAN'S MOST WANTED and IRON MAN: FATAL FRONTIER. The series will be designed to take advantage of the technological opportunities.

Acclaimed Daredevil writer Mark Waid teams with artist Peter Krause to take Matt Murdock on a brand new journey full of adventure, excitement, and more than a few dangers! Launching the week after Daredevil #36, the final issue of Waid’s and artist Chris Samnee’s award-winning series –Daredevil: Road Warrior finds the Man Without Fear beginning his coast-to-coast journey from the Big Apple to sunny California!

“Matt's beginning a whole new chapter in his life following the events of Daredevil #36, and he's excited but apprehensive at the same time,” Waid said in an interview with Marvel.com. “You can be a Man Without Fear and still be a little worried about where the next paycheck is coming from. Daredevil: Road Warrior is a coast-to-coast adventure/chase with thrills aplenty.”

Is the west coast a new beginning for the Man Without Fear? Or can you take the crimefighter out of the city – but never the city out of the crimefighter? Find out as Daredevil begins his grand journey this February in Daredevil: Road Warrior!

Available right at your fingertips, these new Infinite Comics will be available for purchase this February on the Marvel Comics app (for iPhone®, iPad®, iPod Touch® & AndroidTM devices) and online in the Marvel Digital Comics Shop!

Staff
#1 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Really not a fan of all these digital only titles.

#2 Edited by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Well finally one of these that interests me.

#4 Edited by impossibilly (885 posts) - - Show Bio

Any word on the price?

#6 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry for my language but @!#%@!£$@!#*£$@#

This is my favorite series of all time. I love seeing it arrive in my mailbox and I love reading it, and now they are turning it into an Infinite comic? I HATE Infinite comics!

They're are so annoying. How can they do this to the fans?? HOW?!

#7 Posted by ptigrusmagus (486 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess I'm not reading Daredevil anymore without trades

#8 Posted by SynCig (410 posts) - - Show Bio

I only read trades so this makes me sad. From what I've heard the Infinite stuff hasn't translated to the trades very well in the past.

#9 Posted by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh.

#10 Edited by dreamfall31 (544 posts) - - Show Bio

Well...looks like I won't be reading Daredevil until he's in print again...thanks Marvel. Lost FF, Scarlet Spider, JiM, and now my favorite character Daredevil.

#12 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by Squalleon (4497 posts) - - Show Bio

Sad news for me :-(
I don't particulary like digital comics and i don't own a tablet to actually enjoy them in their full potential.

#14 Posted by longbowhunter (7018 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm ok with this. I've been reading a lot of digital this past year anyway. Be cool to see Peter Krause tackle the Man Without Fear. I was a pretty big fan of Irredeemable when it was coming out.

#15 Posted by manwithoutshame (654 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like these infinite comics. I get tired of seeing the same panel used 6 times straight over and over.

#16 Posted by HeckTate (1186 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with the anti-digital sentiment here. I'm not a Daredevil reader but I would be upset if any of my series were only available as digital downloads.

#17 Edited by LCazT1996 (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@themanintheshoe: Yes. Both FF and F4 are having their final issues in January.

#18 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6574 posts) - - Show Bio

SO Daredevil is moving to Cali just like Punisher huh.

but Damn it! I don't want to read no digital comic!

#19 Posted by Mucklefluga (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

@themanintheshoe: Yeah but F4 is being relaunched with James Robinson as the writer.

#20 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6257 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? That was the one Marvel comic I was interested in reading...

#21 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? That was the one Marvel comic I was interested in reading...

Still worth picking up the main series in trade once it completes. It really is fantastic

#22 Posted by kriminal (646 posts) - - Show Bio

exactly. this is good and bad. it helps shorten my pull list, but with a series i loved. will not buy digital. hope it comes out in print or a trade

#23 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6257 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: I read the first 16 issues a while back from a friend, and it was pretty good. But my pull-list is a bit packed right now.

#24 Posted by Wolverine08 (40663 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: I read the first 16 issues a while back from a friend, and it was pretty good. But my pull-list is a bit packed right now.

Lol, comics sapping your wallet!

#25 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21359 posts) - - Show Bio

Stupid idea

#26 Edited by Michael_Moran (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Digital only equals lame

#27 Posted by Dm225 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

What are the chances with Daredevil's 50th anniversery looming that we won't see a print ongoing in addition to this Infinite comic? Even if it's not Waid writing it and they stick him on just the Inifinite?

#28 Edited by TobenRacicot (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this is really unfortunate. I am barely left with any books to read after all of this stuff. LAME LAME LAME!!

Venom, Scarlet Spider, Daredevil. WHAT IS NEXT?!?!

#29 Edited by HollowPrince65 (143 posts) - - Show Bio

but....I like my 23 pages of print DD.....i hope theres a relaunch for this All New Marvel Now :(

#30 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we all sign a petition, saying that we hate this idea?

CV united

#31 Edited by Nerd Of A Hero (862 posts) - - Show Bio

Sucks for fans of Daredevil will have to continue on reading the new series digitally on Marvel Infinite Comics. Heard that Infinite thing is annoying as heck and would have you tap the screen to have on the same page doing different sorta things just before moving to the next page doing the same thing. I'll start getting the trades once it comes out.

#32 Posted by G-Man (31720 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone! Relax. Like Dm225 said, do you really think DD will only be digital during his anniversary year? No, I do not have any insider information. I just feel all will be okay with the world. Until they officially state DD will not be in print forever, it's too early to start worrying.

Staff
#33 Posted by Ben3000 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I always wondered how a series would do if it went to digital when its scheduled to be cancelled in print form. It looks like I finally got my wish, I'm looking forward to picking up the series digitally.

#34 Edited by IanPrime (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry Mark Waid, i love you put i can't stand digital comics.

#35 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7777 posts) - - Show Bio

Tell me about it. Mark Waid's Daredevil is one of the only Marvel on-goings I'm actually enjoying.

Oh, well. At least I'll have room for another title. Both Marvel and DC revealed some very promising comics at NYCC.

#36 Edited by Scarlet_Spider_Forever (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously? F*** Marvel and DC! Ruining everyones hobbies and fun!

#37 Posted by KLspiderflash11 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

No say it isn't so. This has been one of my top 3 favourites for so long. I don't want to see issue 36 come now. Guess I have to find something to replace it on my pull list.

#38 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11309 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity Comics aren't cool. They're quite annoying, in my opinion. I haven't been reading DareDevil but if I was, I'd be pretty mad. Lets hope G-Man is right with his prediction.

#39 Posted by Spideysense44 (3356 posts) - - Show Bio

This sucks

#40 Posted by The Mast (783 posts) - - Show Bio

It truly sucks that I'll miss out on Daredevil stories until they're in print, if ever, but my one big concern is numbering.

As a collector, I better not have a gap in my Daredevil collection because of this. Renumbering is horrible, but forget this.

#41 Edited by BattheMan008 (309 posts) - - Show Bio

This sucks. Thanks a ton Marvel. Why couldn't they just create an Infinite Comic that was separate from the print, and continue the main story in print? Why Marvel???

#42 Posted by Grey56 (743 posts) - - Show Bio

This.

#43 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

What a stupid f$cking idea this is

#45 Posted by Crackdown (603 posts) - - Show Bio

So I can't read it?

#46 Posted by ale297 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Well marvel just killed me. Thanks a lot... :(

#47 Posted by dreamfall31 (544 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if this is some sort of "experiment" by Marvel to gain some more intrest in digital comics. I don't think it will do well at all. I've literally had 5 of my pull list titles leave it in the past 3 months!

#48 Edited by jashah17 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't that bad of a thing. It's called road warrior so once he gets to California the main print will come out. This is just an experiment for the digital. I really don't understand the hate on this site for the infinite. I like the features and think it has very good potential. I am not going to knock it because it's different. I redeem every one of my free digital codes and read them on my iPad whenever I am unable to have my prints with me.

#49 Edited by derf_jenkins (391 posts) - - Show Bio

On to something better for me.

#50 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like putting Daredevil on the road is just weird. Hells kitchen has such a close tie to daredevil *shrugs*