#1 Posted by G-Man (18889 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Not...

Hmmm...they're using a new image...
#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91405 posts) - - Show Bio

I called it!

#3 Posted by King Saturn (225089 posts) - - Show Bio
Wow... that would shock the hell out of me if she was...

lol
#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91405 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Wow... that would shock the hell out of me if she was...

lol
"
I doubt it will be.
#5 Posted by King Saturn (225089 posts) - - Show Bio
Yeah.. I would rather it be someone else
#6 Posted by Acheron (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

Something makes me think that she will be, though I don't know why.

#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91405 posts) - - Show Bio
Acheron said:
"Something makes me think that she will be, though I don't know why."
Maybe because she is Wakandan Royalty like all the Black Panther's before her and the others aren't....well I think Shuri is being T'Challa's sister but she's not the Queen.
#8 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless this is a prelude to Black to the future? which means*drumroll* storm and BP have kids

#9 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it me, or is this whole theme getting played out? I don't just mean a new Black Panther either. But Bucky becoming Captain America, Scorpion becoming Venom, Bullseye becoming Hawkeye, Nightwing becoming Batman, etc etc. When did this becoming a popular plot device? Personally I think its lame as hell. There's gotta be a better way to develop a character besides having them take up the mantle of another character.

#10 Posted by Darkchild (41440 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Is it me, or is this whole theme getting played out? I don't just mean a new Black Panther either. But Bucky becoming Captain America, Scorpion becoming Venom, Bullseye becoming Hawkeye, Nightwing becoming Batman, etc etc. When did this becoming a popular plot device? Personally I think its lame as hell. There's gotta be a better way to develop a character besides having them take up the mantle of another character."
Lame but sometimes its quite amusing
#11 Edited by White Mage (18749 posts) - - Show Bio

With how she's been using her powers, and fighting more hand to hand, it really wouldn't surprise me.  But I still say Shuri.  However, the body does match up. 

#12 Posted by Acheron (1458 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Acheron said:
"Something makes me think that she will be, though I don't know why."
Maybe because she is Wakandan Royalty like all the Black Panther's before her and the others aren't....well I think Shuri is being T'Challa's sister but she's not the Queen."
That's probably it.

Gambler said:
"Personally I think its lame as hell."
I concur.
#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91405 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Is it me, or is this whole theme getting played out? I don't just mean a new Black Panther either. But Bucky becoming Captain America, Scorpion becoming Venom, Bullseye becoming Hawkeye, Nightwing becoming Batman, etc etc. When did this becoming a popular plot device? Personally I think its lame as hell. There's gotta be a better way to develop a character besides having them take up the mantle of another character."
I don't think it's a plot device.I think it's a shift in normalcy.People can't hold these names forever.....characters get old and stale after a while.Yes Steve was a great Cap but I'm sure like me Cap fans were getting bored of the whole good two shoes act..so they gave the title to Bucky..to make a more edgy Cap.One not so concerned with who dies or gets hurt,one not so concerned with the American way and all the country oriented BS.Bucky is about getting the job done.Venom..same thing.I know people at some point have had to get bored with Brock getting the symbiote back just to b#tch about how Spider-Man ruined his life..then he tries to fight Spidey and gets owned.I think changing a a characters identity is just an easy way to do something different and give the readers a new look at a character.This has been happening since the 80's.
#14 Posted by White Mage (18749 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:

She was using air pressure to pop BP's inner eardrum!  I fear that if she becomes the Black Panther, she's going to stop using her powers as often. 
#15 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:

I don't think it's a plot device.I think it's a shift in normalcy.People can't hold these names forever.....characters get old and stale after a while.Yes Steve was a great Cap but I'm sure like me Cap fans were getting bored of the whole good two shoes act..so they gave the title to Bucky..to make a more edgy Cap.One not so concerned with who dies or gets hurt,one not so concerned with the American way and all the country oriented BS.Bucky is about getting the job done.
Except, for all his "edginess" he doesn't do as well as the original. Also, constantly thinking about Cap and how he's not sure if he's good enough or whatever doesn't make him look badass.
#16 Posted by G-Man (18889 posts) - - Show Bio

I just think it's weird that all the other of these images we had used the other picture and this one has a different body.  Guess we'll have to see if Marvel sends me someone else on this body in the next couple days.

#17 Posted by White Mage (18749 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously guys, Storm has been fist-fighting a lot recently.  I'm getting worried.

#18 Posted by King Saturn (225089 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
"Gambler said:

She was using air pressure to pop BP's inner eardrum!  I fear that if she becomes the Black Panther, she's going to stop using her powers as often. "
...And That Would Not Be Cool
#19 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
 Personally I think its lame as hell.
I think that it depends on how the transiction is done

Steve to Bucky=Great

Ted Kord to Jaime Reyes=Great

Batman to Nightwing?=I'm hoping it to be great

Barry Allen to Wally West=Great

Scorpion to Venom? Not really
#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91405 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"Vance Astro said:

I don't think it's a plot device.I think it's a shift in normalcy.People can't hold these names forever.....characters get old and stale after a while.Yes Steve was a great Cap but I'm sure like me Cap fans were getting bored of the whole good two shoes act..so they gave the title to Bucky..to make a more edgy Cap.One not so concerned with who dies or gets hurt,one not so concerned with the American way and all the country oriented BS.Bucky is about getting the job done.
Except, for all his "edginess" he doesn't do as well as the original. Also, constantly thinking about Cap and how he's not sure if he's good enough or whatever doesn't make him look badass."
True,but those emotions are essential.You cannot take over a title such as Captain America and not worry about measuring up to him.Too me though Bucky seems more like he goes for broke in combat instead of worrying about hurting people.The comic has gotten a whole lot darker since Cap's death.I have never seen a pregnant woman stabbed in the stomach in any comic before.
#21 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"I don't think it's a plot device.I think it's a shift in normalcy.People can't hold these names forever.....characters get old and stale after a while.Yes Steve was a great Cap but I'm sure like me Cap fans were getting bored of the whole good two shoes act..so they gave the title to Bucky..to make a more edgy Cap.One not so concerned with who dies or gets hurt,one not so concerned with the American way and all the country oriented BS.Bucky is about getting the job done.Venom..same thing.I know people at some point have had to get bored with Brock getting the symbiote back just to b#tch about how Spider-Man ruined his life..then he tries to fight Spidey and gets owned.I think changing a a characters identity is just an easy way to do something different and give the readers a new look at a character.This has been happening since the 80's."
How can it be anything other then plot device? And people can and do hold these names forever. Captain America was more then just a name. Steve Rogers is and always will be Captain America. I didn't hear some great outcry for a more edgy Cap willing to kill, or for more death in his comics. People liked Cap because he didn't run around with a gun acting like the Punisher. Bucky was just fine as the Winter Soldier, no reason at all for him to lose his identity by taking up someone elses mantle. They've tried this before and it didn't fly. Anyone remember Jon Walker? The more edgy hardcore Cap? He's bagging grocery's now. Cap seemed pretty edgy during the Civil War. And to be honest, anyone who was reading his comics will tell you, it wasn't all about being a goody two shoes or the American way. It was about being a true hero. Not one of these anti-heroes straddling the line between good an evil.

So your saying when a character gets boring, just take the mask off another character, switch em out, and its all good? Thats garbage. It was witty at first. Now its the norm and seriously lacking creativity. Your welcome to your opinion. But for me the whole, "Lets take this character and turn em into this already established character" is pitiful. Who's next? Juggernaut? Dr. Doom? Deathstroke? Lame.
#22 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd laugh if they turned Juggernaut into Dr. Doom or Deathstroke.

#23 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91405 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I don't think it's a plot device.I think it's a shift in normalcy.People can't hold these names forever.....characters get old and stale after a while.Yes Steve was a great Cap but I'm sure like me Cap fans were getting bored of the whole good two shoes act..so they gave the title to Bucky..to make a more edgy Cap.One not so concerned with who dies or gets hurt,one not so concerned with the American way and all the country oriented BS.Bucky is about getting the job done.Venom..same thing.I know people at some point have had to get bored with Brock getting the symbiote back just to b#tch about how Spider-Man ruined his life..then he tries to fight Spidey and gets owned.I think changing a a characters identity is just an easy way to do something different and give the readers a new look at a character.This has been happening since the 80's."
How can it be anything other then plot device? And people can and do hold these names forever. Captain America was more then just a name. Steve Rogers is and always will be Captain America. I didn't hear some great outcry for a more edgy Cap willing to kill, or for more death in his comics. People liked Cap because he didn't run around with a gun acting like the Punisher. Bucky was just fine as the Winter Soldier, no reason at all for him to lose his identity by taking up someone elses mantle. They've tried this before and it didn't fly. Anyone remember Jon Walker? The more edgy hardcore Cap? He's bagging grocery's now. Cap seemed pretty edgy during the Civil War. And to be honest, anyone who was reading his comics will tell you, it wasn't all about being a goody two shoes or the American way. It was about being a true hero. Not one of these anti-heroes straddling the line between good an evil.

So your saying when a character gets boring, just take the mask off another character, switch em out, and its all good? Thats garbage. It was witty at first. Now its the norm and seriously lacking creativity. Your welcome to your opinion. But for me the whole, "Lets take this character and turn em into this already established character" is pitiful. Who's next? Juggernaut? Dr. Doom? Deathstroke? Lame."
I still think Marvel does these things to do something different and it's really easy to do.There was no outcry for a more edgy Cap...FROM THE READERS..but it's possible that writers were running out of ideas for him.If you were reading Cap before he died...it wasn't very interesting.He was fighting the same villains,doing the same stuff,bonin the same girl.Classic Cap.Maybe the writers figured..wouldn't it be more interesting if the Red Skull finally won,after all this time? Wouldn't it be a great idea to make Cap's death the big bang for Civil War...being the huge event that it is? House of M had the decimation of the mutant population..how can we make Civil War..just as good? 
For the record..Bucky doesn't act anything like the Punisher...he rarely even draws his gun.The gun is just in case.The Punisher shoots people for the f#ck of it.He shoots first and worries about it later.Bucky tries to capture criminals..he just doesn't hold back in h2h.John Walker...is U.S Agent and now an Avenger..he was never bagging groceries.More to the point..Bucky wasn't fine as Winter Soldier..he was the Marvel equivalent of Nightwing.What is the point of having all of these characters around that are basically the same person?

Why have Batman,Nightwing,Batgirl,Robin,Huntress,and Batwoman? Yes they have different personalities but on paper they are essentially the same character.Great Fighters,Good with prep time,very intelligent,uses gadgets and weapons,all street level,all great agility etc,etc.At some point one or more of these people have to die.You can't have all of these clones running around.It gets lame after a while.

Why have Captain America,Battlestar,U.S Agent,Patriot,Winter Soldier,Iron Patriot,Jack Flack,Nomad? They are all essentially the same person.Country oriented characters who are overly protective of American ideals,where American colors are excellent fighters.I think that is why Marvel allowed Bucky to kill Nomad and let the Thunderbolts paralyze Jack Flag.

I'm not saying changing a characters identity is good writing I am saying it is easier than coming up with a new way of changing the outlook of a character.People aren't going to keep reading repeated storylines over and over.That's why I like what Marvel is doing with Norman right now.How many times can someone fail to beat Spider-Man before Marvel says..you know what..this is boring.Either we do something new with him or kill him off.We can't let him beat Spider-Man..he's our posterboy.

As you can see most of the people who change identities are people whose spots can be easily filled.Batman,Captain America,Venom,Black Panther,Daredevil,Hawkeye,Ronin..anyone can be these characters.Any established character could take those spots.You think anyone could just be Doom? Hell no.Nobody in Marvel is that smart.He makes even people with superhuman intellect look like a joke.
#25 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I responded in the other thread.

#26 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
#27 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't edit the caption

anyway

I always loved that picture... and out of everyone shown thus far, i think Echo being BP is my fave out of everyone.

#28 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio

dear god i hope not. If she is, then they'll probably depower her in some way or form (talking about storm) I already dropped all the X books cause they were crap. I don't wanna keep droping books cause they keep screwing characters over.

#29 Posted by White Mage (18749 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm is uber-powerful.  She's too much for all of BP's enemies.  This is as dumb as Monica Rambeau being Black Panther.  I think it's Shuri.

#30 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so.

#31 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

so i just read Shuri's page, Bravo to Mage for writing it, But would Storm not be the entire ruler of Wakanda if BP were to die?

#32 Posted by White Mage (18749 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"so i just read Shuri's page, Bravo to Mage for writing it, But would Storm not be the entire ruler of Wakanda if BP were to die?"
Depends.  BP's mother for that matter should have taken over when his father was killed.  It all depends on the people doing the fighting.  Or if Reginald Hudlin is willing to stick to canon, and he's not, which is the reason why BP's been training Shuri to take his place, completely ignoring the possibilities of him having kids and inheriting the throne.  But whatever. 
#33 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

I was kind of thinking it could be Storm.  I thought it might be too obvious though.

#34 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

it'd be very GI Jane of Ororo to take on her husbands position.

#35 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe.  I was shocked they had Echo as one of the possibilities.

#36 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait is BP gonna Die?

#37 Posted by Fresh Prince (5226 posts) - - Show Bio
I doubt its Storm
#38 Posted by The Wondering Spider (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

I been saying it since I first heard about the female black panther!

Everyone says no.... I bet is her, It would make sense for the wife to take the job! And she is more than ready for it :)

#39 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Nelomaxwell said:
"Wait is BP gonna Die?"
No.
#40 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio
The Wondering Spider said:
"I been saying it since I first heard about the female black panther!

Everyone says no.... I bet is her, It would make sense for the wife to take the job! And she is more than ready for it :)"
if storm took on the part and was seen pictured in her husbands outfit.. meaning she didn't want anyone to know that something happened to T, then i'd agree... but seeing as how there are places to slide your boobs, i don't see why storm would take over.
#41 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

I a leaning on her.  If they could make Echo happen that'd be cool but I don't want any of the other choices to take up the mantle.

#42 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

what is the first sentence trying to say?

#43 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

I was leaning on her.  Sorry. lol

I was leaning on Storm being the new BP.

#44 Edited by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

Why?

Her "worlds apart" is talking about how she's juggling being an x-man, queen of wakanda, and... something else, i forgot, but i'm sure she's not going to add another identity to the one she's already bouncing between

#45 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Like you said she could be wearing the mantle to hid that he is not hurt.  The truth is I have no idea who it is going to be but that was my best guess.

#46 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Wilson said:
"Like you said she could be wearing the mantle to hid that he is not hurt. 
The boobs in the outfit give that away. I was saying if she put on his same outfit then i'd consider it being her.

Mr. Wilson said:
The truth is I have no idea who it is going to be but that was my best guess."

Kaaay
#47 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

LMFAO