Lobdell Plans SUPERBOY and LEGION LOST Crossover For May

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

"The Culling" will be a crossover event at DC Comics that will be featured in both SUPERBOY and LEGION LOST, and will be written by SUPERBOY and TEEN TITANS writer Scott Lobdell. So, what is "The Culling"? According to Lodbell, the story will be dealing with Kid Flash and Superboy, and give the opportunity for Kid Flash to get the first real glimpse of his origins.

Lobdell won't be taking on the task of delivering the upcoming 92-page crossover event alone; to execute the task he will be bringing in the likes of Brett Booth, R.B. Silva and Ig Guara to deliver the art.

No Caption Provided

The story will be diving into the reasons why Kid Flash is in the present as a member of the current TEEN TITANS, and explain who he is to readers. Based on what Lobdell revealed about the project, readers will see Kid Flash interact with a variety of characters who will question his origins.

Kid Flash [will be] learning the first hints of his origin by talking with Superboy, a 16 year old without any past at all...Then Timber Wolf [will confront] Kid Flash for an explanation as to why Bart Allen is in the here-and-now instead of his place of origin in the 31st Century... and you wonder why at least one of the Legion Losters seems to be covering for Kid Flash?

What will the connection between Legion and Kid Flash be? Which of the "Legion Losters" do you think will cover for Kid Flash, and more importantly; why? Lobdell also revealed his excitement about working with all three artists (Guara, Booth and Silva) on the upcoming project, citing he couldn't be happier about the "opportunity to create an epic comic book story over the course of one month -- using some of the greatest characters in the medium."

What do you think of the news of this crossover event? What do you think about the story's focus on Kid Flash's origins, and what could be his relationship to the Legion? The event launched this May.

Source: DC

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

Flashy. =P

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Or35ti

I admit this looks so damn cool

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#3  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

Still looks too much like Tron to me o.o and it's still too early for DC to be doin "events" :(

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Skaddix

Legion Looks pretty Good in All White.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Legion Lost is great

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By wmwadeii

I didn't mind Legion Lost because it was one small team. Having a hard time getting into Legion of Superheroes though. Seems like way too many characters to keep up with. Will be fun to see how they integrate Lost with the Titans.

@pikahyper said:

Still looks too much like Tron to me o.o and it's still too early for DC to be doin "events" :(

This isn't really the first Event is it. I thought the whole Ravagers series coming out was going to be based on a Crossover. And speaking of Ravagers is the T-rex supposed to be Beast Boy? And I don't recognize the blonde next to Superboy or the guy standing behind Flash.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kidchipotle

Excited to read this.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sentryman555

@wmwadeii said:

@pikahyper said:

This isn't really the first Event is it. I thought the whole Ravagers series coming out was going to be based on a Crossover. And speaking of Ravagers is the T-rex supposed to be Beast Boy? And I don't recognize the blonde next to Superboy or the guy standing behind Flash.

It looks like their's a flying rock behind the blonde girl. Terra?

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Baddamdog

I spy Terra

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#10  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@wmwadeii: Ya I think there has been a couple other mini-events, those were too soon as well, they should have had their first event on like the one year anniversary of starting the new 52.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Skaddix

@wmwadeii said:

I didn't mind Legion Lost because it was one small team. Having a hard time getting into Legion of Superheroes though. Seems like way too many characters to keep up with. Will be fun to see how they integrate Lost with the Titans.

@pikahyper said:

red dino is beast boy. blonde is the new terra. other guy is a new character

also legion lost better kick the titans @ss. i don't want to see any jobbing to the bat and super.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Hmmm, looks pretty interesting, i've always been interested in LOSH characters but have never been able to jump into any of their titles, which is why I'm not reading Legion Lost, but if it's all in one giant crossover edition, and since I am reading Teen  Titans, I'm definitely gonna check it out!

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By wmwadeii

@pikahyper: Yeah I agree. I'm still a few issues back and just read Detective #3 and they have Flash show up briefly for no reason. He distracts Rabbit and disappears then goes to Ivy's and get pricked by a thorn and has to run off. They keep throwing other characters into the books. I understand cross sales for those who might not currently buy a certain comic and might offer insight. If you are going to have them in another comic please make them there the entire issue, not three or four panels. To me that is a cheap sales gimmick put a character you like on the cover, think you are going to do a lot and find out there is 1 page with them.

chroinkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By chroinkero

Also isn't the new Ravagers series first story arc called "The Culling" as well. The Culling must be a pretty big deal.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

That should be awesome. All the Teen Heroes having a story arc with each other could be an interesting story

lb70145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By lb70145

Oh cool, Future Foundation is teaming up with The Mighty. Oh wait...

Robrat93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Robrat93

Have to say I'm not liking the Tron like cotumes, hope they don't last, but I am loving the Legion costumes and the appearance of Terra has got me pretty excited.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Icon

Exciting. : ]

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By wmwadeii

@chroinkero said:

Also isn't the new Ravagers series first story arc called "The Culling" as well. The Culling must be a pretty big deal.

That's right, so this is the formation of the Ravagers. I thought their 1st issue was coming out sooner but it looks like it will be after issue #9, so a few months away for Ravagers.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Skaddix

ravagers is out in june, i think. crossover starts in may although may has lots of build up

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By KainScion

tron vs the FF!!!! what will they think of next?

TexasTyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TexasTyler

ravagers is out in the last week of may following: teen titans annual #1, legion lost #9, superboy #9, and teen titans #9 in that order where it comes out may 30th. By the way guy behind kid flash is thunder, dinosaur is beast boy, and i think the supposedly blonde chick is terra

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cagedleo730

@TexasTyler: Don't forget Lightning at the far right.

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ravisher

static?

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zackattack529

is that red dinosaur in the back beast boy? o.0

also i HOPE that the costumes the teen titans are wearing wont be their normal costumes. they look too...tron-ish? aha

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#26  Edited By pspin

So is LL any good? It looked like a random mash up of obscure characters. I do have high hopes for the culling though, they have been building that up in Superboy and TT for a while

wdchefdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By wdchefdave

Once upon a time... way back in the 60's... I found a stack of comic books that my cousin had been reading.

The Legion of Superheroes were so cool to me. (Pretty sure it was Adventure Comics back-p features.)

However, over these many years... I've never seen so many "ape-ass" attempts of trying to use a freaking Legion of Superheroes!

There were some good times and some really bad times.

I have never seen a group of heroes that NOBODY seems to handle very long.

This is not PROGRESS!

Karate Kid, Timberwolf, Ferro Lad, WILDFIRE!

Ultra Boy had best uniform and powers.

TexasTyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TexasTyler

thanks, totally missed her behind shark dude or girl

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BatteredArmor

It's cool but I freaking hate the Tron look

Alch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Alch21

@pspin: I like it alot. And I read the other 2 as well.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By feargalr

Looking forward to this :)

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cagedleo730

@TexasTyler: The Shark is probably Chameleon Girl. The only one missing from this pic is Ridge and Fairchild. For some reason they've also changed Terra's hair blonde. Could be a coloring error.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

From how its reading its obvious Kid Flash is from the future but I'm more interested in how this might be the end for NOWHERE and its heyday of collecting teenage supers and metas and mutants may be at an end. At the very least its awesome that more and more Gen13 characters are entering the fray and I I'm signed up for all the issues involved with this. In fact, I'm getting Superboy #8 as well as Legion Lost #8 tomorrow as well, which are preludes to the Culling event. Having read Superboy and Teen Titans thus far every issue, I'm so excited for this to come out. Now whether I go for the Ravagers or not remains to be seen.

Avatar image for dadarkknight36310
dadarkknight36310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is skitter, have not seen her on any of the new covers for this series or the titans.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Skaddix

@dadarkknight36310 said:

Where is skitter, have not seen her on any of the new covers for this series or the titans.

With any luck Lobdell realized she is a horrible idea and she will get replaced by a quality black character.

Avatar image for garrettsgonewild
garrettsgonewild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By garrettsgonewild

Looks Amazing! I can't wait to see Beast Boy in action! Also, Brett Booth draws a gorgeous Legion Lost!

BoyWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BoyWander

Is there a reason the Titans are wearing tron suits? I miss Red Robin's old costume. infact. ALL their old costumes.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By danhimself

@pikahyper said:

not an event...it's a crossover...big difference

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By KidSupreme

i am super excited about this and looking forward to reading it.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By htb106

brilliant to finally see bart's origin

TexasTyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TexasTyler

u mean Static because I have a deep feeling that both Static and Blue Beetle will both be joining a teen team, or they are going to restart the outsiders again, skitter isn't a bad character just a character that needs better writing and we might end up loving her

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Tron threw up all over this pic lol

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Skaddix

@TexasTyler said:

u mean Static because I have a deep feeling that both Static and Blue Beetle will both be joining a teen team, or they are going to restart the outsiders again, skitter isn't a bad character just a character that needs better writing and we might end up loving her

WelL I expect BB to be cancelled soon so yes I suppose they will find their way to a team probably a new one.

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#44  Edited By GothamRed

why do the modern heroes look more futuristic than the future heroes?

telepathic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By telepathic666

yay a red Beast boy?

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By laabitres

looks epic so lovin the suits

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By VaizD

@sentryman555 said:

@wmwadeii said:

@pikahyper said:

I don't mean to dash anyone's hopes, but I'm pretty sure Superboy is carrying that giant slab of earth, perhaps with the intention to fling it at something.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By sentryman555

@VaizD said:

@sentryman555 said:

@wmwadeii said:

@pikahyper said:

I don't mean to dash anyone's hopes, but I'm pretty sure Superboy is carrying that giant slab of earth, perhaps with the intention to fling it at something.

Read Superboy #8! Just came out yesterday.