• 59 results
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

The sixth issue of JUSTICE LEAGUE will feature the entire team up against one of the biggest super-villains in comics: Darkseid. No question that the 'Master of Darkness' and one of the Justice League's greatest adversaries is bound to put up a serious fight in the upcoming issue of the League's self-titled ongoing series; and today, courtesy of USA Today; we get an example of that.

No Caption Provided

It's inevitable that these characters will eventually successfully take Darkseid down, but the real story is in how they do it by working together. This next issue will be crucial to telling the story of the Justice League and what brought them together, according to the series writer Geoff Johns.

It's jarring at first when some of them don't get along because that's what they do, right? They always get along...That's something we wanted to put in the DNA — the very first meeting, there's problems and those problems carry on to the present day...In issue 6 you'll see why they're a team, but just because they're a team doesn't mean they're all on the same page and it doesn't mean they all want to be there and it doesn't mean that they'll suddenly become friends overnight. Or ever.

You can check out the full 9-page exclusive preview of the sixth issue of JUSTICE LEAGUE as well as the interview with both writer Geoff Johns and artist Jim Lee on USA Today's site. JUSTICE LEAGUE #6 hits store shelves this Wednesday, February 29th. What do you think?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Source: USA Today

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Wow.....
jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By jsphsmth

Glad that the first arc is over. It seemed like Johns and Milligan were having a contest to see who could take longer forming a Justice League team. I hope that both series pick up their pace now.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I am glad to finally be able to see a big battle with the Justice Leage and Darkseid. That is really what the series has so far been building up to

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Check out Aquaman

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By BatteredArmor

Looks promising enough I guess.....

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deadpool25mm

Finally..!!

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By feargalr

I like the whole "opening from the perspective of a regular person" type deal, I really like it actually, kinda cheesy, but meh. Also, Bats better do something incredible this issue to get respect from the team

WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WildStyle

It's about time.

nightlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nightlock

EPIC

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Video_Martian

Not John's best series, but still looks cool regardless...

microwave25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#11  Edited By microwave25

I'm on the verge of dropping this book. Johns better pull it out of the bag!

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So they're going to defeat Darkseid in 1-2 issues? *Spits out water*

At the end of issue #4, they were all floored by Darkseid after he jumped in like a mute over-grown baby, whilst declaring his presence......and now they expect me to think that Aquaman can get close enough to the Omega Lord himself to impale him with a trident?

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Bestostero

pewpewpewpew

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

that doesn't look like nine pages...

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BatteredArmor

@scifi_superstar said:

I think that for issue seven, they should have green lantern violate the invisable woman. I mean just chain her to a log belly down and just rape her over and over and over again.

O_O....y-your joking.....right?

WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WildStyle

@royale_with_cheese said:

So they're going to defeat Darkseid in 1-2 issues? *Spits out water*

At the end of issue #4, they were all floored by Darkseid after he jumped in like a mute over-grown baby, whilst declaring his presence......and now they expect me to think that Aquaman can get close enough to the Omega Lord himself to impale him with a trident?

lol

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By InnerVenom123

@BlackArmor said:

@scifi_superstar said:

I think that for issue seven, they should have green lantern violate the invisable woman. I mean just chain her to a log belly down and just rape her over and over and over again.

O_O....y-your joking.....right?

This made my night.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By GTG12

@InnerVenom123:

Lol

jaredbright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jaredbright

Looks cool to me, maybe I'm a sucker for this stuff.

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Adnan

I know it's only a preview, but damn, it makes Darkseid look like a pushover. I don't follow this title, but I hope they give a good reason for that.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

It all comes down to this in bringing the conclusion to the book's first storyline. Bring it on Darkseid, the League's in town! Wednesday cannot come soon enough!

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CODYSF

Dam I can't wait for tomorrow.

mbembet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mbembet

geoff johns is an ASSHOLE! he said about how they don't get along and even as team that doesn't make them friends but in issue 5 he made Batman took off his cowl and showed his identity to hal? wtf! i know you hate Batman geoff but i don't think you can ruin Batman no matter how hard you try cos Batman is the KING of DC comics!

Avatar image for all_around_nerd
All_Around_Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By All_Around_Nerd

@mbembet: good for you now go back to complaining about Liefeld, making assumptions like he hates Batman is insane, don't you realize there's probably a reason he revealed it, and if you hate him so much, then stop reading the series, and stop complaining

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25  Edited By RedOwl_1

Gonna be SO AWESOME

Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26  Edited By Ganthetsward20

looking good!

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SexualLobster

This seems way too early for me.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mega_spidey01

i like the darkseid cover of them bowing to him.

Darkseid- who's the master?

Justice League- DARKSEID

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#29  Edited By Outside_85

Dumb fun of comics returns.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By laabitres

this is epicness!!!!!!!!!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kidchipotle

I have a feeling Darkseid is going to be jobbing this entire issue since this is the end to first arc.....#N52uberfail.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By TDK_1997

I expect action and well build story from Johns here.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DarthShap

Johns does not get Batman at all and his treatment of the Fourth World is even worse. Darkseid is not your average alien invader and to treat him as such, a boss battle after a wave of peons is awful. Where were Granny and her furies, Desaad and his machines, Kanto and his army of assassins, Mantis and his army of bugs, the human army of hunger dogs, Kalibak, Stepenwolf, Bedlam etc. Again, Darkseid is not a fighter. It does not mean that he does not know how to or that he is not this powerful. He just prefers to plan, scheme, have his minions do his job for him and watch from afar.

I guess some elements remain, such as the search for the anti-life equation but it is not like it was explained to us in any way. An what is New Genesis doing? Darkseid is alone without his best men on the planet mentioned in the prophecy and Orion is not after him? At this point, the best I can hope for is a deus ex machina arrival of New Genesis to end the arc but I really doubt it because it would not make the JLA look good if they needed their help.

This comic book just does a stupid use of what DC has and Batman's big reveal last month goes to show how Johns can sometimes be completely out of touch with big chunks of the DCU (and anticipating the reboot argument, it is the same Batman who checked Dick Grayson's alibi in Batman #2).

I will pick it up for the art and because Geoff Johns can be very good but he needs to stop with what he does not know.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By ReVamp

@TheGoldenOne said:

Wow.....
bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By bloggerboy

@DarthShap:

I love Johns but he just doesn't get Batman or Wonder Woman.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sethysquare

@bloggerboy: I love johns and I think he gets everyone in the justice league.

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By kingjoeg

How is Darkseid supposed to speak with a lasso around his neck?

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By Eyz

Finally!

Though not a big fan of how Jim Lee redesigned Darkseid here.. (I much preferred Kirby's original design....mmmhh...)

Actually not liking Jim Lee messy art here to be honest. :/

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By Magian

Looks good. Just hope they defeat him in a way that makes sense.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DocFatalis

The habit of raping powerful and iconic characters just to appear bold or original is annoying. Treating Darkseid like any other villain or giving us a lousy naïve Bruce Wayne doesn't make a story any more interesting.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By termiteone4ever

Drooling :-D

Bulk88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bulk88

This arc doesn't really compare to Year One. These characters haven't really developed strong relationships to each other. So far this feels like a collection of random people who happened to bump into each other during an alien invasion and could just as easily go there separate ways after the end of the arc. Cyborg especially, who you would think would be dealing with some serious issue adjusting to now being mostly mechanical, rather than immediately jumping into a battle with an alien conqueror.

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By KidSupreme

I really can`t wait.. that and SHAZAM!

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Or35ti

niice! this is going to be awesome

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By Mucklefluga

@microwave25 said:

I'm on the verge of dropping this book. Johns better pull it out of the bag!

MonkeyToe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#46  Edited By MonkeyToe

@Bulk88 said:

This arc doesn't really compare to Year One. These characters haven't really developed strong relationships to each other. So far this feels like a collection of random people who happened to bump into each other during an alien invasion and could just as easily go there separate ways after the end of the arc. Cyborg especially, who you would think would be dealing with some serious issue adjusting to now being mostly mechanical, rather than immediately jumping into a battle with an alien conqueror.

Isn't that kind of the point of the current arc? It takes place 5 years in the past after all, before the JL has officially formed. THe point of the arc is that they AREN'T a team yet.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By LordRequiem

Did Superman get kidnapped or something?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By sethysquare

@MonkeyToe said:

@Bulk88 said:

Isn't that kind of the point of the current arc? It takes place 5 years in the past after all, before the JL has officially formed. THe point of the arc is that they AREN'T a team yet.

Oh, JLA is dead, its collection of random people who happen to bump into each other during an alien invasion and could easily go their separate ways after the arc. The sky is falling, the world is ending. Apokolips is near. The JLA-ers don't know each other, my life is over.

LOL

MonkeyToe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#49  Edited By MonkeyToe

@sethysquare said:

@MonkeyToe said:

@Bulk88 said:

Oh, JLA is dead, its collection of random people who happen to bump into each other during an alien invasion and could easily go their separate ways after the arc. The sky is falling, the world is ending. Apokolips is near. The JLA-ers don't know each other, my life is over.

LOL

O.o

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DEGRAAF

@DarthShap said:

Johns does not get Batman at all and his treatment of the Fourth World is even worse. Darkseid is not your average alien invader and to treat him as such, a boss battle after a wave of peons is awful. Where were Granny and her furies, Desaad and his machines, Kanto and his army of assassins, Mantis and his army of bugs, the human army of hunger dogs, Kalibak, Stepenwolf, Bedlam etc. Again, Darkseid is not a fighter. It does not mean that he does not know how to or that he is not this powerful. He just prefers to plan, scheme, have his minions do his job for him and watch from afar.

I guess some elements remain, such as the search for the anti-life equation but it is not like it was explained to us in any way. An what is New Genesis doing? Darkseid is alone without his best men on the planet mentioned in the prophecy and Orion is not after him? At this point, the best I can hope for is a deus ex machina arrival of New Genesis to end the arc but I really doubt it because it would not make the JLA look good if they needed their help.

This comic book just does a stupid use of what DC has and Batman's big reveal last month goes to show how Johns can sometimes be completely out of touch with big chunks of the DCU (and anticipating the reboot argument, it is the same Batman who checked Dick Grayson's alibi in Batman #2).

I will pick it up for the art and because Geoff Johns can be very good but he needs to stop with what he does not know.

very very well said. What do you mean Bruce checked Graysons Alibi? He didnt even trust Dick but he lets all his secrets out to Hal?