• 59 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

The sixth issue of JUSTICE LEAGUE will feature the entire team up against one of the biggest super-villains in comics: Darkseid. No question that the 'Master of Darkness' and one of the Justice League's greatest adversaries is bound to put up a serious fight in the upcoming issue of the League's self-titled ongoing series; and today, courtesy of USA Today; we get an example of that.

It's inevitable that these characters will eventually successfully take Darkseid down, but the real story is in how they do it by working together. This next issue will be crucial to telling the story of the Justice League and what brought them together, according to the series writer Geoff Johns.

It's jarring at first when some of them don't get along because that's what they do, right? They always get along...That's something we wanted to put in the DNA — the very first meeting, there's problems and those problems carry on to the present day...In issue 6 you'll see why they're a team, but just because they're a team doesn't mean they're all on the same page and it doesn't mean they all want to be there and it doesn't mean that they'll suddenly become friends overnight. Or ever.

You can check out the full 9-page exclusive preview of the sixth issue of JUSTICE LEAGUE as well as the interview with both writer Geoff Johns and artist Jim Lee on USA Today's site. JUSTICE LEAGUE #6 hits store shelves this Wednesday, February 29th. What do you think?

Source: USA Today

#1 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Wow.....
#2 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad that the first arc is over. It seemed like Johns and Milligan were having a contest to see who could take longer forming a Justice League team. I hope that both series pick up their pace now.

#3 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9001 posts) - - Show Bio

I am glad to finally be able to see a big battle with the Justice Leage and Darkseid. That is really what the series has so far been building up to

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Check out Aquaman

#5 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks promising enough I guess.....

#6 Posted by deadpool25mm (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally..!!

#7 Posted by feargalr (1160 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the whole "opening from the perspective of a regular person" type deal, I really like it actually, kinda cheesy, but meh. Also, Bats better do something incredible this issue to get respect from the team

#8 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

It's about time.

#9 Posted by nightlock (37 posts) - - Show Bio

EPIC

#10 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Not John's best series, but still looks cool regardless...

#11 Posted by microwave25 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm on the verge of dropping this book. Johns better pull it out of the bag!

#12 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

So they're going to defeat Darkseid in 1-2 issues? *Spits out water*

At the end of issue #4, they were all floored by Darkseid after he jumped in like a mute over-grown baby, whilst declaring his presence......and now they expect me to think that Aquaman can get close enough to the Omega Lord himself to impale him with a trident?

#13 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

pewpewpewpew

#14 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

that doesn't look like nine pages...

#15 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

@scifi_superstar said:

I think that for issue seven, they should have green lantern violate the invisable woman. I mean just chain her to a log belly down and just rape her over and over and over again.

O_O....y-your joking.....right?

#16 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

So they're going to defeat Darkseid in 1-2 issues? *Spits out water*

At the end of issue #4, they were all floored by Darkseid after he jumped in like a mute over-grown baby, whilst declaring his presence......and now they expect me to think that Aquaman can get close enough to the Omega Lord himself to impale him with a trident?

lol

#17 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@scifi_superstar said:

I think that for issue seven, they should have green lantern violate the invisable woman. I mean just chain her to a log belly down and just rape her over and over and over again.

O_O....y-your joking.....right?

This made my night.

#18 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123:

Lol

#19 Posted by jaredbright (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool to me, maybe I'm a sucker for this stuff.

#20 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's only a preview, but damn, it makes Darkseid look like a pushover. I don't follow this title, but I hope they give a good reason for that.

#21 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

It all comes down to this in bringing the conclusion to the book's first storyline. Bring it on Darkseid, the League's in town! Wednesday cannot come soon enough!

#22 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Dam I can't wait for tomorrow.

#23 Posted by mbembet (219 posts) - - Show Bio

geoff johns is an ASSHOLE! he said about how they don't get along and even as team that doesn't make them friends but in issue 5 he made Batman took off his cowl and showed his identity to hal? wtf! i know you hate Batman geoff but i don't think you can ruin Batman no matter how hard you try cos Batman is the KING of DC comics!

#24 Posted by All_Around_Nerd (58 posts) - - Show Bio

@mbembet: good for you now go back to complaining about Liefeld, making assumptions like he hates Batman is insane, don't you realize there's probably a reason he revealed it, and if you hate him so much, then stop reading the series, and stop complaining

#25 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna be SO AWESOME

#26 Posted by Ganthetsward20 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

looking good!

#27 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

This seems way too early for me.

#28 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the darkseid cover of them bowing to him.

Darkseid- who's the master?

Justice League- DARKSEID

#29 Posted by Outside_85 (8652 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumb fun of comics returns.

#30 Posted by laabitres (375 posts) - - Show Bio

this is epicness!!!!!!!!!

#31 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11337 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling Darkseid is going to be jobbing this entire issue since this is the end to first arc.....#N52uberfail.

#32 Posted by TDK_1997 (14680 posts) - - Show Bio

I expect action and well build story from Johns here.

#33 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

Johns does not get Batman at all and his treatment of the Fourth World is even worse. Darkseid is not your average alien invader and to treat him as such, a boss battle after a wave of peons is awful. Where were Granny and her furies, Desaad and his machines, Kanto and his army of assassins, Mantis and his army of bugs, the human army of hunger dogs, Kalibak, Stepenwolf, Bedlam etc. Again, Darkseid is not a fighter. It does not mean that he does not know how to or that he is not this powerful. He just prefers to plan, scheme, have his minions do his job for him and watch from afar.

I guess some elements remain, such as the search for the anti-life equation but it is not like it was explained to us in any way. An what is New Genesis doing? Darkseid is alone without his best men on the planet mentioned in the prophecy and Orion is not after him? At this point, the best I can hope for is a deus ex machina arrival of New Genesis to end the arc but I really doubt it because it would not make the JLA look good if they needed their help.

This comic book just does a stupid use of what DC has and Batman's big reveal last month goes to show how Johns can sometimes be completely out of touch with big chunks of the DCU (and anticipating the reboot argument, it is the same Batman who checked Dick Grayson's alibi in Batman #2).

I will pick it up for the art and because Geoff Johns can be very good but he needs to stop with what he does not know.

#34 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

Wow.....
#35 Posted by bloggerboy (554 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarthShap:

I love Johns but he just doesn't get Batman or Wonder Woman.

#36 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@bloggerboy: I love johns and I think he gets everyone in the justice league.

#37 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Darkseid supposed to speak with a lasso around his neck?

#38 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally!

Though not a big fan of how Jim Lee redesigned Darkseid here.. (I much preferred Kirby's original design....mmmhh...)

Actually not liking Jim Lee messy art here to be honest. :/

#39 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good. Just hope they defeat him in a way that makes sense.

#40 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

The habit of raping powerful and iconic characters just to appear bold or original is annoying. Treating Darkseid like any other villain or giving us a lousy naïve Bruce Wayne doesn't make a story any more interesting.

#41 Posted by termiteone4ever (7172 posts) - - Show Bio

Drooling :-D

#42 Posted by Bulk88 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

This arc doesn't really compare to Year One. These characters haven't really developed strong relationships to each other. So far this feels like a collection of random people who happened to bump into each other during an alien invasion and could just as easily go there separate ways after the end of the arc. Cyborg especially, who you would think would be dealing with some serious issue adjusting to now being mostly mechanical, rather than immediately jumping into a battle with an alien conqueror.

#43 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

I really can`t wait.. that and SHAZAM!

#44 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

niice! this is going to be awesome

#45 Posted by Mucklefluga (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@microwave25 said:

I'm on the verge of dropping this book. Johns better pull it out of the bag!

#46 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bulk88 said:

This arc doesn't really compare to Year One. These characters haven't really developed strong relationships to each other. So far this feels like a collection of random people who happened to bump into each other during an alien invasion and could just as easily go there separate ways after the end of the arc. Cyborg especially, who you would think would be dealing with some serious issue adjusting to now being mostly mechanical, rather than immediately jumping into a battle with an alien conqueror.

Isn't that kind of the point of the current arc? It takes place 5 years in the past after all, before the JL has officially formed. THe point of the arc is that they AREN'T a team yet.

#47 Posted by LordRequiem (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Superman get kidnapped or something?

#48 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonkeyToe said:

@Bulk88 said:

Isn't that kind of the point of the current arc? It takes place 5 years in the past after all, before the JL has officially formed. THe point of the arc is that they AREN'T a team yet.

Oh, JLA is dead, its collection of random people who happen to bump into each other during an alien invasion and could easily go their separate ways after the arc. The sky is falling, the world is ending. Apokolips is near. The JLA-ers don't know each other, my life is over.

LOL

#49 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@MonkeyToe said:

@Bulk88 said:

Oh, JLA is dead, its collection of random people who happen to bump into each other during an alien invasion and could easily go their separate ways after the arc. The sky is falling, the world is ending. Apokolips is near. The JLA-ers don't know each other, my life is over.

LOL

O.o

#50 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarthShap said:

Johns does not get Batman at all and his treatment of the Fourth World is even worse. Darkseid is not your average alien invader and to treat him as such, a boss battle after a wave of peons is awful. Where were Granny and her furies, Desaad and his machines, Kanto and his army of assassins, Mantis and his army of bugs, the human army of hunger dogs, Kalibak, Stepenwolf, Bedlam etc. Again, Darkseid is not a fighter. It does not mean that he does not know how to or that he is not this powerful. He just prefers to plan, scheme, have his minions do his job for him and watch from afar.

I guess some elements remain, such as the search for the anti-life equation but it is not like it was explained to us in any way. An what is New Genesis doing? Darkseid is alone without his best men on the planet mentioned in the prophecy and Orion is not after him? At this point, the best I can hope for is a deus ex machina arrival of New Genesis to end the arc but I really doubt it because it would not make the JLA look good if they needed their help.

This comic book just does a stupid use of what DC has and Batman's big reveal last month goes to show how Johns can sometimes be completely out of touch with big chunks of the DCU (and anticipating the reboot argument, it is the same Batman who checked Dick Grayson's alibi in Batman #2).

I will pick it up for the art and because Geoff Johns can be very good but he needs to stop with what he does not know.

very very well said. What do you mean Bruce checked Graysons Alibi? He didnt even trust Dick but he lets all his secrets out to Hal?