Posted by G-Man (31704 posts) - - Show Bio

ULTIMATE COMICS ULTIMATES has had a series of great writers. That trend continues as Joshua Hale Fialkov prepares to take over the title. It won't be good news for the Ultimates as he's about to throw some bad stuff their way. With the Infinity Gems popping up, you know it can't be good for them.

Joining Fialkov is Carmine Di Giandomenico. Marvel has released a first look at issue 25.

This June, the red-hot creative team of Josh Fialkov and Carmine DiGiandomenico take Ultimate Comics Ultimates in an all-new direction…by tearing the team apart! With the hunt for the Infinity Gems on everyone’s mind, disaster creeps up on the steps of the Triskellion. Can Thor, Captain America and Iron Man figure out the source of the dark force crippling the Ultimate Comics Universe in time before it’s too late?!

“Josh and Carmine hit the ground running hard and fast with issue 25” explained Mark Paniccia, Senior Editor – Marvel Entertainment. “From page one it’s a non-stop, 90 miles an hour ride that takes the book in an unexpected and dangerous direction.”

Meanwhile, Reed Richards, Hulk, and Quicksilver, form an pact with a powerful new ally who promises redemption and…revenge! Things change big time this June in Ultimate Comics Ultimates #25!

ULTIMATE COMICS ULTIMATES #25

Written by JOSHUA HALE FIALKOV

Art by CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO

Cover by MICHAEL KOMARCK

ON SALE JUNE 2013!

== TEASER ==
Staff
#1 Posted by Oscars94 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk with the Infinity Gauntlet.... NICK FURY: OH WE IN TROUBLE NOW!

#2 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

ooooooo

I like what I see though can someone explain the Quicksilver,Hulk, and Reed thing are they all villains now?

#3 Edited by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Cassie Lang actually gets a go at being a member of the Ultimates, and not just told she's on the team, then kicked off it. Still, I have high hopes for the change in creative team :)

#4 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I'm interested pity my budget won't stretch. Not sure about the art though.

#5 Posted by dondave (35938 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks Good

#6 Posted by saoakden (1034 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, this series goes from Hickman to Humphries and now to Fialkov. Let's see what Fialkov bring to the Ultimates. So after the Ultimates Disassemble, what's next? I'm excited to see what happens.

#7 Posted by ravisher (683 posts) - - Show Bio

too powerful

#8 Posted by lannister (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Evil Ultimate Reed Richardsssssssssssssss

#9 Posted by inferiorego (22502 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been the weakest of the Ultimate books. It needs new blood, which pains me to say since I like most of Humphries work.

Staff
#10 Posted by bunkerbuster05 (305 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, where have I been? This series looks awesome!

And especially with Fialkov taking over. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the man can do no wrong!

#11 Edited by AWeekInGeekdom (228 posts) - - Show Bio

All the concepts Humphries gave the Ultimate world were a necessity but I seriously think Fialkov is the right man for the job to keep the torch going. Can't wait to see this new villainous pact and off course The Infinity Gauntlet! I would love to see Thanos again but he's stuck in that endless greedy loop.

#12 Posted by silentecko711 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber: Mostly happen during and after Ultimatum. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch died and then came back to life evil (mostly something to do with her reality altering powers) Reed became evil during Ultimate Doomsday saga He faked his death and tried to take over world type scheme (he proposed to Sue she did'nt accept FF disbanded he ended living at home with his family was depressed lost his mind etc) And in the recent Ultimates story Reeds the big bad Kills allot of people. Fury sends in the Hulk and Reed manipulates him to turn on Fury and the US so now hes considered a Baddie because he joined Reed! hope this helps lol

#13 Posted by silentecko711 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@lannister said:

Evil Ultimate Reed Richardsssssssssssssss

I double that!

#14 Posted by HushoftheWind (870 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is 616 Cap damn near wearing the same thing as his Ultimate counter part now, the differences are only slight now.

#15 Posted by silentecko711 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks exciting I love everything Ultimate Marvel for the simple fact Anything can Happen!

#16 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk with the Infinity Gauntlet...the End Cometh. This is awesome!

#17 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is the hulk tweezing his eyebrows in this dimension?

#18 Posted by JamDamage (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

It's time to change it up a bit. It was getting stale again. Especially after the ride that Hickman took us on. I had to read story twice just for it to make sense.

#19 Posted by JamDamage (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

Umm How often do writers work for DC and Marvel at the same time????

#20 Posted by mattwing87 (427 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty cool how Sue Storm works with the Ultimates in the Ultimate universe and The Thing works with The Avenges in the main universe. Speaking of which I would like to see the Ultimate Thing since we haven't see him after his rock skin fell off!

#21 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5007 posts) - - Show Bio

Color me intrigued!

#22 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeboy said:

Why is the hulk tweezing his eyebrows in this dimension?

lol, I didn't realize it until you mentioned it.

#23 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. The Ultimates has got a great run so far.

#24 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

@silentecko711: thx :3

#25 Posted by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamDamage said:

This... It seems very strange to me that DC didn't give him an exclusive contract especially with I Vampire being so damn amazing

#26 Posted by w0nd (3210 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber: Reed became a villain in ultimate doom and he recently recruited hulk last year I believe

#27 Posted by longbowhunter (6998 posts) - - Show Bio

When Josh was on Tony's podcast a while back he mentioned having another project he hadn't announced. I had my fingers crossed he was helming a Question series for DC. I've always felt crime and mystery play well to his strengths.

#28 Posted by Novemberx2 (421 posts) - - Show Bio

thank god humphries is off this good. Hickman was building something brilliant and humphries went and burned it down to ground.

hopefully no more of this president cap gimmick

#29 Posted by Brownghost (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@JairamGanpat: I'm happy he gets two more books from DC.

#30 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, the future is coming.

#31 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (921 posts) - - Show Bio

How does Fialkov write for DC AND MARVEL? anyways, good writer, deserves this. So how many books is he on now? 3?

#32 Posted by nappystr8 (1080 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, when it rains it pours. Fialkov has gone from the fringe book I Vampire, and a miniseries based on a reviled new character, to having three high profile team books almost overnight. Sometimes I worry that they stretch a lot of the writers too thin, it definitely shows in Geoff Johns and Bendis's work over the past few years, and I worry about the same happening to Lemire, and now possibly Fialkov.

This seems like a terrific creative team though. Sounds like another book I'm going to have to hate myself for passing up.

#33 Posted by nappystr8 (1080 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamDamage said:

It's not that uncommon at all. Other than the select few who have exclusive contracts with either company, most writers and artists work on a freelance basis. Even guys who have become synonymous with Marvel like Greg Pak aren't tied to them, hence why he's about to go write Superman/Batman at DC. I believe Nick Spencer was working on Thunder Agents over at DC for a decent amount of time, while at the same time working on Ultimate X-Men. Jimmy Palmiotti does most of his work at DC, but will take on projects at Marvel occasionally. For some creators its a necessity to take the work wherever you can get it, whereas other could have exclusive contracts and the security that comes with it if they liked, but choose to remain free agents.

#34 Posted by Tony_Shark (464 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Sue Storm an official Ultimate now? She needs to be!

#35 Posted by Teerack (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's neat how there are two gloves.

#36 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14425 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk with infinity gauntlet = overpowered

#37 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's hoping that Fiaklov can pull the Ultimates out of the rut of bad ideas Humphries' unleashed. I, Vampire seems to be adored by critics, so I hope he can bring the same caliber of writing here.

The first order of the day? Getting rid of that stupid Iron Patriot armor. Having two American flag-wearing heroes on the team is distracting as hell.

#38 Posted by doombot890 (215 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber: yeah reed was the villian of the tomorrow people story where he destroyed most of europe and killed his family. they tried to use hulk as a final solution but reed appealed to him and thus turned hulk against them. Quicksilver is currently being built up to be the villian of the ultimate wolverine story....I think he has also been doing stuff in the shadows during the utlmate story too

#39 Posted by Onemoreposter (4006 posts) - - Show Bio

@AWeekInGeekdom said:

All the concepts Humphries gave the Ultimate world were a necessity but I seriously think Fialkov is the right man for the job to keep the torch going. Can't wait to see this new villainous pact and off course The Infinity Gauntlet! I would love to see Thanos again but he's stuck in that endless greedy loop.

Id vote that they leave Thanos alone. He had a brilliant arch in the first volume of Ultimate Fantastic Four, but the story was self contained. We've seen his ending.

#40 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

@EdwardWindsor: And it's Dumb.

@mattwing87: YES A QUESTION I KEEP ASKING! WHy isn't there a new Fantastic four! and if there isn't going to be, why does sue wear FF Clothes??? SHe's smart, and maybe rich, she can BUY NEW CLOTHES!

@Novemberx2: I like President Cap! he's Like Abe Lincoln vampire hunter! he can save a country, and and fight hydra!