inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Dynamite is proud to present the first book in a series of creator driven comics, featuring all new characters from the industry's best and brightest! The Devilers is written by the acclaimed author Joshua Hale Fialkov, working with us for the first time, and accompanied by the incredible art of Matt Triano! Single issues in this line will be priced at $2.99, allowing fans the opportunity to affordably try all of the new series! And to help retailers stock up with confidence, each launch issue will be completely returnable! To sweeten the deal for fans and retailers alike, The Devilers #1 will feature covers by Eisner Award Nominee Jock and a beautiful retailer incentive by the masterful Marc Silvestri! Be sure to look for The Devilers, coming this July to retailers and digital platforms!

The following creator driven books are a small sampling of titles that will come after The Devilers, beginning August 2014 through 2015, to keep the momentum going, from the best comics has to offer!

Peter Milligan - Terminal Hero

Duane Swierczynski - Ex-Con

Andy Diggle, Angela Cruickshank, and Ben Oliver - Control

James Robinson - Grand Passion

More creators and titles to be announced!

When the world is under siege from the pits of hell, it's up to The Devilers to set things right. The world's greatest exorcists pit themselves against Satan's army, while all of creation hangs in the balance. From the writer of The Bunker,The Ultimates, and I, VAMPIRE comes a horror-fueled adventure through hell itself.

"Fans of the work I did on I, VAMPIRE will find a continuation of a lot of the themes and ideas I started over there, but in a completely new package," says best-selling comic book writer Joshua Hale Fialkov, "It's been a blast to tell a big ol' supernatural horror adventure story again."

"There's a great tradition of team books in comics and we've worked hard to continue that tradition here." - Joseph Rybandt, Dynamite Senior Editor

"This series is the ‘Magnificent Seven' of different religious figures banding together to fight off an evil that will take all of their powers. Joshua is an incredibly gifted writer who has proven that he can tackle any genre. He has an impressive track record from Elk's Run and Tumor to his I, Vampire, Ultimates, Bunker comic series and more, and I will be biased in stating that The Devilers is his best work to date. His writing is crisp and smart. Add to that the incredible artwork that Matt Triano is delivering, and the unbelievably captivating covers by Jock, and you have an incredible series. This is the first in an incredible line of creator driven books and we're launching off our creator-driven the line up with an incredible group of creators bring incredible passion for the launch series to help celebrate and usher in for the next chapter at Dynamite."

Joshua Hale Fialkov is the Eisner, Harvey, and Emmy award nominated creator of The Bunker, Tumor, Punks, and Echoes. He was the writer of the critically acclaimed I, VAMPIRE for DC's New 52, and is an architect of the ULTIMATE UNIVERSE at Marvel Comics. He lives in Los Angeles with his wife, daughter, two dogs, and a disgruntled cat.

The Devilers #1 will be solicited in Diamond Comic Distributors' May Previews catalog, the premiere source of merchandise for the comic book specialty market, and slated for release on July 16, 2014. Comic book fans are encouraged to reserve copies of The Devilers #1 with their local comic book retailers. The Devilers #1 will also be available for individual customer purchase through digital platforms courtesy of Comixology, iVerse, and Dark Horse Digital.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Did that frog just give me the finger?

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I remember this being announced like two years ago. Glad to see it finally coming out. I've been a big fan of Fialkov's creator owned work for years so I'll definitely be checking this out. $2.99 price point for this new line at Dynamite is pretty sweet too.

ectoborge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wow Dynamite is really blowing up right now

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fialkov is a really good writer. May check this out.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

This looks so cool, it sucks I will have to trade wait.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Dynamite, please get al ewing to come back and do a creator owned project! I know that after his jennifer blood and ninjette's run, he must be itching to come back to you all.

zodac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really happy for Dynamite with all these announcements. I hope all this works out for them. They really are super underrated, even though they have some great properties.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sounds very interesting and worth checking out. My biggest problem with Dynamite is more variant covers than marvelnow!, but of course they don't have to be bought. But it looks they are doing some things like Image which is a good thing.

Nahuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nahuel

WOW! this is so good for the Comic industry.

Marvel, you should learn from Dynamite to pricing your books!

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

The first mention of Terminal Hero I've seen since last year, looking forward to it.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow just relized how criptid the bible can sound

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Looks very Lovecraft that Devilers book looks like it.

apg103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who are the devilers ???

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I really like that he said it was like the Magnificent Seven but religious figures.

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yawn, anything religiously themed is garbage

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Dynamite has some cool stuff with their pulp/ Gold Key guys. This looks really promisiing. I think Dynamite has some really underrated stuff. Turok and Magnus are solid.

NewComicGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks promising. I may check this one out although I'm starting to get into that "too much" range right now.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8