• 56 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by G-Man (37674 posts) - - Show Bio

AGE OF ULTRON just started last week. Things are looking pretty grim for the heroes and the entire Marvel Universe. Marvel has just announced that CCO Joe Quesada will join Brian Bendis in order to illustrate the final pages of the series.

It’s the ending to end all endings this June, as Marvel is proud to announce that blockbuster comic book artist and Marvel CCO, Joe Quesada, will be illustrating the closing pages of the undoubtedly epic Age of Ultron finale! What does this mean for the critically-acclaimed event? You won’t know for sure until June, but with Quesada on board – this is one finale you can’t miss!

With Ultron wreaking havoc on the Marvel Universe and only a few surviving heroes left to stop him, the situation looks bleak. Do our heroes have what it takes to bring down the deadly artificial intelligence before it destroys the world? It all culminates in one explosive and exciting final chapter in Age Of Ultron #10—with an ending no one will see coming!

AGE OF ULTRON #10

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art by CARLOS PACHECO, BRYAN HITCH & JOE QUESADA

Cover by BRANDON PETERSON

ON SALE JUNE 2013!

#1 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

the event will be over in june? holy crap usually these things go on for half a year and some change.

#2 Posted by ccraft (5496 posts) - - Show Bio

lame, i wanted an on-going with Joe Mad

#3 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

Critically acclaimed? Really? THe first issue was Booooooring with just Hawkeye beating up some goons, and you're claiming it's Critically Acclaimed?

Whatever?

#4 Posted by danhimself (22684 posts) - - Show Bio

they're rebooting....I just know it :***(

#5 Posted by Cyborg6971 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

@DH69 said:

the event will be over in june? holy crap usually these things go on for half a year and some change.

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

#6 Posted by G-Man (37674 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Dman1366 (774 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: what?

Online
#8 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca: Marvel always says stuff is great and critically acclaimed even when it's bad in the back of Guardians of the Galaxy that Iron man had been a hit series (yeah right).

#9 Posted by butters911 (291 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one whos not a fan of Quesadas art?

I love Pacheco and Hitch though

#10 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

@broo1232: The DnA Guardians of the Galaxy book was FANTASTIC! This Bendis book though? He basically did the same story Loeb did with his Nova. Right down to the bully scene. And even worse, Starlord only cares about Earth now? When before he was going on about how Earth was insignificant in the grand scheme of the universe?

I guess everything has to be daddy issues and NYC being the center of the Marvel Universe.

#11 Posted by ptigrusmagus (495 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the current artist on the project just fine, why would someone else swoop in right at the end? :S

#12 Posted by Mowgli22 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Still have yet to check this out, heard #1 was meh.

#13 Posted by isaac_clarke (5460 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

Critically acclaimed? Really? THe first issue was Booooooring with just Hawkeye beating up some goons, and you're claiming it's Critically Acclaimed?

Whatever?

Hate to pour water in all that whine (since it isn't ancient Greece) but you understand basic marketing or what a critic is, right? To perhaps be a bit more enlightening, remember the film Bridesmaids? Remember all the positive reviews and commercials hyping the hell out of it? That was well receive / critically acclaimed and I honestly thought the film was mediocre, with a predictable ending / running half an hour longer than it needed to - but my personal opinion doesn't stop it from being critically acclaimed.@Dman1366 said:

@danhimself: what?

I think he is thinking a reboot is bound to happen given how @#$ed Marvel Earth is right now.

#14 Posted by Sidious (61 posts) - - Show Bio

So joe is going to have Ultron go on a long rant about how heroes shouldn't be married and then make Cap sell his soul to Mephisto to undo it all?

#15 Posted by -The Renegade- (125 posts) - - Show Bio

Quesada's art is good, but it's not comparable to Hitch's.

#16 Posted by kuma_far (510 posts) - - Show Bio

Quesada? He already ruins story now he wants to screw the art up as well?

#17 Posted by Mucklefluga (2609 posts) - - Show Bio

@DH69 said:

the event will be over in june? holy crap usually these things go on for half a year and some change.

It's out almost weekly so that's why.

#18 Posted by danhimself (22684 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366: these are the solicits for numbers 7 and 8 of AoU

AGE OF ULTRON #7 (of 10)

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W)

BRANDON PETERSON & CARLOS PACHECO (A/C)

Cover by BRANDON PETERSON

Variant cover by LEINIL YU

Ultron Variant by ROCK-HE KIM

In an attempt to defeat Ultron two Marvel Heroes take it upon themselves to create an all-new Marvel Universe. But is the one they have created better or worse than the one they left behind? The event of the year just got INSANE!!

.

.

AGE OF ULTRON #8 (OF 10)

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W)

BRANDON PETERSON & CARLOS PACHECO (A/C)

Cover by BRANDON PETERSON

Variant cover by 7TH ORANGE

Ultron Variant by ROCK-HE KIM

With the Marvel Universe turned inside out, who will take responsibility for breaking the world? And is there any way to put it back? Wait until you see who is in charge of the new world order and how they got there...! A reality-spanning choice is made this issue that will affect the Marvel Universe for years and years to come.

this along with Quesada drawing the final pages of number 10 lead me to believe that Marvel is going to reboot....Quesada probably wants to draw the final pages of the Marvel Universe

#19 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mucklefluga said:

@DH69 said:

the event will be over in june? holy crap usually these things go on for half a year and some change.

It's out almost weekly so that's why.

well i gues thats why they're also teasing the thanos event for this year...marvel needs to fill the third and fourth quarter profit margin...

#20 Posted by leokearon (1851 posts) - - Show Bio

Altered Reality and Quesada is a bad combo

#21 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3579 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Joe Quesada's art, I haven't started reading this yet but I will soon.....

@danhimself: I hope they don't reboot

Online
#22 Edited by dondave (38790 posts) - - Show Bio

I've enjoyed the variant cover's he been producing so I'm ok that he's drawing it

#23 Posted by dondave (38790 posts) - - Show Bio

@ptigrusmagus: Brian Hitch is only the main artist for 5 issue's then Brandon Peterson will be replacing him

#24 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

Critically acclaimed? Really? THe first issue was Booooooring with just Hawkeye beating up some goons, and you're claiming it's Critically Acclaimed?

Whatever?

Hate to pour water in all that whine (since it isn't ancient Greece) but you understand basic marketing or what a critic is, right? To perhaps be a bit more enlightening, remember the film Bridesmaids? Remember all the positive reviews and commercials hyping the hell out of it? That was well receive / critically acclaimed and I honestly thought the film was mediocre, with a predictable ending / running half an hour longer than it needed to - but my personal opinion doesn't stop it from being critically acclaimed.@Dman1366 said:

I think he is thinking a reboot is bound to happen given how @#$ed Marvel Earth is right now.

I loved Bridesmaids, but I get you. I mean, I was bored out of my mind during Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and everyone acted like it was the funniest movie I ever seen! Still, I think people are overpraising AoU 1 when it was just mediocre and the arc was, well, not that good.

And they aren't rebooting. Why do Marvel NOW and then reboot everything that just got started? It makes no sense. Further emphasizing that AoU really is out of place because it was supposed to come out 2 years ago.

#25 Posted by ptigrusmagus (495 posts) - - Show Bio

OIC. I hope AoU doesn't reboot the Marvel universe. Makes me feel like anything I'm reading now is pointless.

#26 Posted by danhimself (22684 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

Critically acclaimed? Really? THe first issue was Booooooring with just Hawkeye beating up some goons, and you're claiming it's Critically Acclaimed?

Whatever?

Hate to pour water in all that whine (since it isn't ancient Greece) but you understand basic marketing or what a critic is, right? To perhaps be a bit more enlightening, remember the film Bridesmaids? Remember all the positive reviews and commercials hyping the hell out of it? That was well receive / critically acclaimed and I honestly thought the film was mediocre, with a predictable ending / running half an hour longer than it needed to - but my personal opinion doesn't stop it from being critically acclaimed.@Dman1366 said:

I think he is thinking a reboot is bound to happen given how @#$ed Marvel Earth is right now.

I loved Bridesmaids, but I get you. I mean, I was bored out of my mind during Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and everyone acted like it was the funniest movie I ever seen! Still, I think people are overpraising AoU 1 when it was just mediocre and the arc was, well, not that good.

And they aren't rebooting. Why do Marvel NOW and then reboot everything that just got started? It makes no sense. Further emphasizing that AoU really is out of place because it was supposed to come out 2 years ago.

DC launched a lot of books right after Brightest Day only to reboot a few months later....maybe Marvel had planned on rebooting two years ago when this was intended to start but because of DC's reboot they decided to hold it off.....I hope I'm wrong...but another thing to point out is that Bendis and Quesada felt that they couldn't trust anyone else with the ending of AoU and decided to do it by themselves and apparently are the only ones at Marvel that know how the book ends at this point

#27 Edited by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Normally I like Quesada's art (the Sentinel box design was freaking epic), but what in the holy mother of ass did he do to Red Hulk in that picture?

He looks h has a bigger cup size than the Hulk design from Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Edit:

Wait, the image above isn't a Quesada pic. But still, who's allowed to draw a Hulk like that?!

#28 Posted by Grey56 (753 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

Critically acclaimed? Really? THe first issue was Booooooring with just Hawkeye beating up some goons, and you're claiming it's Critically Acclaimed?

Whatever?

What this man said. Also - in other news; a mouse farted and it amounted to the same media trend that this story did.

#29 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

Critically acclaimed? Really? THe first issue was Booooooring with just Hawkeye beating up some goons, and you're claiming it's Critically Acclaimed?

Whatever?

Hate to pour water in all that whine (since it isn't ancient Greece) but you understand basic marketing or what a critic is, right? To perhaps be a bit more enlightening, remember the film Bridesmaids? Remember all the positive reviews and commercials hyping the hell out of it? That was well receive / critically acclaimed and I honestly thought the film was mediocre, with a predictable ending / running half an hour longer than it needed to - but my personal opinion doesn't stop it from being critically acclaimed.@Dman1366 said:

I think he is thinking a reboot is bound to happen given how @#$ed Marvel Earth is right now.

I loved Bridesmaids, but I get you. I mean, I was bored out of my mind during Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and everyone acted like it was the funniest movie I ever seen! Still, I think people are overpraising AoU 1 when it was just mediocre and the arc was, well, not that good.

And they aren't rebooting. Why do Marvel NOW and then reboot everything that just got started? It makes no sense. Further emphasizing that AoU really is out of place because it was supposed to come out 2 years ago.

DC launched a lot of books right after Brightest Day only to reboot a few months later....maybe Marvel had planned on rebooting two years ago when this was intended to start but because of DC's reboot they decided to hold it off.....I hope I'm wrong...but another thing to point out is that Bendis and Quesada felt that they couldn't trust anyone else with the ending of AoU and decided to do it by themselves and apparently are the only ones at Marvel that know how the book ends at this point

They AREN'T rebooting. Marvel NOW is a smashing success. And Hickman said he's planned out 5 years of Avengers stories.

Age of Ultron is just a Bendis story that took too long to be made that they're shoving it off onto the public and acting like it's important, when really all it will do is probably kill Hank Pym.

#30 Posted by alex6166 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Quesada's art. I'd pick that up.

#31 Posted by danhimself (22684 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

@danhimself said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

Critically acclaimed? Really? THe first issue was Booooooring with just Hawkeye beating up some goons, and you're claiming it's Critically Acclaimed?

Whatever?

Hate to pour water in all that whine (since it isn't ancient Greece) but you understand basic marketing or what a critic is, right? To perhaps be a bit more enlightening, remember the film Bridesmaids? Remember all the positive reviews and commercials hyping the hell out of it? That was well receive / critically acclaimed and I honestly thought the film was mediocre, with a predictable ending / running half an hour longer than it needed to - but my personal opinion doesn't stop it from being critically acclaimed.@Dman1366 said:

I think he is thinking a reboot is bound to happen given how @#$ed Marvel Earth is right now.

I loved Bridesmaids, but I get you. I mean, I was bored out of my mind during Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and everyone acted like it was the funniest movie I ever seen! Still, I think people are overpraising AoU 1 when it was just mediocre and the arc was, well, not that good.

And they aren't rebooting. Why do Marvel NOW and then reboot everything that just got started? It makes no sense. Further emphasizing that AoU really is out of place because it was supposed to come out 2 years ago.

DC launched a lot of books right after Brightest Day only to reboot a few months later....maybe Marvel had planned on rebooting two years ago when this was intended to start but because of DC's reboot they decided to hold it off.....I hope I'm wrong...but another thing to point out is that Bendis and Quesada felt that they couldn't trust anyone else with the ending of AoU and decided to do it by themselves and apparently are the only ones at Marvel that know how the book ends at this point

They AREN'T rebooting. Marvel NOW is a smashing success. And Hickman said he's planned out 5 years of Avengers stories.

Age of Ultron is just a Bendis story that took too long to be made that they're shoving it off onto the public and acting like it's important, when really all it will do is probably kill Hank Pym.

well since you know of Marvel's plans then I'll take your word for it.....I'm just pointing out evidence that could point to a reboot

#32 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

First issue was boring sort of..

#33 Posted by DarthLydia (107 posts) - - Show Bio

if this is the last thing Quesada does for Marvel then I can accept it. Then we can get on with the business of cleaning up his Civil War mess and putting things back the way they should be.

#34 Edited by BR_Havoc (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: I see your point that there could be a reboot but I honestly do not think that will happen. Marvel now just came to be and so far its doing well also it was a point that with Marvel Now there would be longer story arcs and teams would remain on the books longer. So to say all of that and then reboot the universe a few months later seems like a bad move that would make more fans leave then come running to read them. I think the end of AOU will be that Marvel Man will be reintroduced and be thrown right in the middle of the Marvel universe that would change everything for sure.

#35 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2408 posts) - - Show Bio

F**k Joe Queseda! He's done so many things to Marvel.

#36 Posted by Mycroftian (109 posts) - - Show Bio

A reboot would be really awkward now. Also, we're starting to get June solicits for Marvel, and none of them seem to point to a reboot. (To me, anyway). Is it possible that we're going to get some kind of mass OMD-style retcon? Yeah, definitely. A full-on reboot seems improbable, though.

#37 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler better be coming back. That would be cool.

#38 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark_Guyver said:

F**k Joe Queseda! He's done so many things to Marvel.

Not that i disagree with you, but could you be more specific? Examples?

And personally, i would just be amazed if Bendis could write for more than three issues without killing/retconning/ruining a major character. Place your bets, people!

#39 Posted by danhimself (22684 posts) - - Show Bio

@BR_Havoc said:

@danhimself: I see your point that there could be a reboot but I honestly do not think that will happen. Marvel now just came to be and so far its doing well also it was a point that with Marvel Now there would be longer story arcs and teams would remain on the books longer. So to say all of that and then reboot the universe a few months later seems like a bad move that would make more fans leave then come running to read them. I think the end of AOU will be that Marvel Man will be reintroduced and be thrown right in the middle of the Marvel universe that would change everything for sure.

I really really don't want one AT ALL! there's just a lot of things that seem to (in my mind at least) point that they're going in that direction....I hope that I'm wrong to since I've been loving just about everything out of Marvel Now with the exception of Thunderbolts

#40 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

@danhimself said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

Critically acclaimed? Really? THe first issue was Booooooring with just Hawkeye beating up some goons, and you're claiming it's Critically Acclaimed?

Whatever?

Hate to pour water in all that whine (since it isn't ancient Greece) but you understand basic marketing or what a critic is, right? To perhaps be a bit more enlightening, remember the film Bridesmaids? Remember all the positive reviews and commercials hyping the hell out of it? That was well receive / critically acclaimed and I honestly thought the film was mediocre, with a predictable ending / running half an hour longer than it needed to - but my personal opinion doesn't stop it from being critically acclaimed.@Dman1366 said:

I think he is thinking a reboot is bound to happen given how @#$ed Marvel Earth is right now.

I loved Bridesmaids, but I get you. I mean, I was bored out of my mind during Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and everyone acted like it was the funniest movie I ever seen! Still, I think people are overpraising AoU 1 when it was just mediocre and the arc was, well, not that good.

And they aren't rebooting. Why do Marvel NOW and then reboot everything that just got started? It makes no sense. Further emphasizing that AoU really is out of place because it was supposed to come out 2 years ago.

DC launched a lot of books right after Brightest Day only to reboot a few months later....maybe Marvel had planned on rebooting two years ago when this was intended to start but because of DC's reboot they decided to hold it off.....I hope I'm wrong...but another thing to point out is that Bendis and Quesada felt that they couldn't trust anyone else with the ending of AoU and decided to do it by themselves and apparently are the only ones at Marvel that know how the book ends at this point

They AREN'T rebooting. Marvel NOW is a smashing success. And Hickman said he's planned out 5 years of Avengers stories.

Age of Ultron is just a Bendis story that took too long to be made that they're shoving it off onto the public and acting like it's important, when really all it will do is probably kill Hank Pym.

well since you know of Marvel's plans then I'll take your word for it.....I'm just pointing out evidence that could point to a reboot

Except it's not. Avengers Arena is still going, Avengers will be going on for years, Guardians of the Galaxy just started, and so many other titles. Why on Earth would they reboot?

EVERYONE knows the stories of these heroes. A reboot would do nothing, especially since the movies are the reboot.

#41 Posted by druzod2501 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

This whole thing definitely has that same "Rule number one of Flashpoint is... don't talk about what happens after Flashpoint" kind of vibe about it.

Issue 1 was crap IMO so they got a long way to go make me care about those last pages at all

#42 Posted by Poncho (64 posts) - - Show Bio

till the end of days every time Marvel does a big event people are gonna suspect a reboot

#43 Posted by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

I've already seen the End - and here we go again - All New # 1 issues thereafter.

#44 Posted by JamDamage (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no problem with this. Quesada can draw his ass off. Just look at his run with Kevin Smith on Daredevil. He can do what I like to call American Manga as good as anyone. Plus he's killing it while running Marvel. Just doing a great job.

#45 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

they're rebooting....I just know it :***(

Marvel has no reason to reboot. That doesn't even make sense.

#46 Posted by zzax (50 posts) - - Show Bio

"What does this mean for the critically-acclaimed event?"

It means two thins

1) It likely means Hitch could not finish the art on time

2) Their and my definition of critically acclaimed are about as far apart as can be

#47 Posted by AWeekInGeekdom (230 posts) - - Show Bio

They surely can't be that desperate for a new 52? .... lol let's hope not!, either way i'm not a huge fan of changing artists in one event. AvsX annoyed me that it wasn't consistent "artistically" speaking. I'll probably pick up AU in a hardcover.

#48 Posted by MrMordrid (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do I get the feeling that Marvel is slowly trying to replace the REAL green Hulk with Rulk?

#49 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7644 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope this event goes well unlike the last few crappy ones.

#50 Posted by soir8 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm never happy to hear about Joe Quesada doing anything. Not because I dislike his art; simply because I don't think he deserves his job.