• 75 results
wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By wmwadeii

I likrd his start on Avenging Spiderman. Hope its another team-up book,but not like Astonishing Spiderman Wolverine.

S7Works

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#52  Edited By S7Works

1 WISH...New X-Men Run! Would love to see what he would do with this new line up of X-Men.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By butters911

I read somewhere he left Avenging to work on a Spidey, Elektra and Wolverine mini a while ago. Im glad to hear some news on that. After seeing his art in the first arc of AVSM Im a fan for life

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Mrfuzzynutz:

Amen brother.

Marvel ... you need a writer who can do Wolverine right ... let me know.

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By weaponxx

@SHTR said:

@Xwraith said:

Am I the only one here who doesn't like Madureira's art?

You're not alone.

I also do not like it.

alex6166

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By alex6166

Looking forward to it. However, it you look at the twitter picture Mad put out, I swear, the top of the page says 'James Wolvie'. I hate it the whole 'James' thing. It also says 'Book # 7'. I think it will be the 7th issue of one of those Wolverine comics that just premiered. I wouldn't surprised if they took Spider-man out of it. Just my theory.

No Caption Provided
ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@frochez said:

Wow, Wolverine. It's nice to see him get the spotlight, as he's such a deep, mult-facetted character, and Marvel just doesn't give him the focus that he deserves. It's nice that their finally putting someone new getting centre stage, for a change.

On a separate note (pertaining more to the actual subject of this article) Yay for Madureira!

LMAO!

We are definitely on the same page my friend.

Poncho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Poncho

oh lawdy, I see a web.

DJ1107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DJ1107

So Wolverine's getting a kinda sorta nother book. Whatever DC has 8 million Batman books out So Wolverine can have another.

Avatar image for deactivated-6212d9bb8a06e
deactivated-6212d9bb8a06e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I suppose Wolverine will be teaming up with a government-sanctioned team of Wolverines run by a tough, cynical Wolverine to save a group of innocent Wolverines from the ruthless villain of the series-- Wolverine? And that this may tie into an alternate universe in which the main Wolverine discovers that he's actually a clone of a tyrannical, power-mad alternate-universe Wolverine, who's turned his land into a rundown, post-apocalyptic wasteland populated entirely by two separate sides of Wolverines-- the resistance Wolverines who are fighting against the power-mad Wolverine's horrid reign of terror, and the alternate Wolverine's Wolverine lackeys. The main Wolverine will also find himself with new allies that he'll fight with in this epic new battle-- his spunky love interest, Wolverine, his brilliant gadget-building companion, Wolverine, and his tough, but loveable "gentle giant", Wolverine.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By fACEmelter88

Finally...Wolverine gets excluded all the time we never see him in comics. About time someone gave him his due, poor guy never gets attention...haha

romica1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By romica1969

@Rolls7royce: He spent more time dicking around and playing video games than actually drawing anything, and I never thought he was all that anyway. Pass.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By gravitypress

Ninja? I think ninja in comics is so tired a concept. Why is the creative talent so stunted in Marvel right now?

sheldipez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By sheldipez

JMad is one of my favorite artists and I adored his work on the first three Avenging Spider-Man so this is a no brainer, I wish he would get back to a monthly ongoing title but I think history has shown he struggles with deadlines (slow artist?)

RalfvdH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By RalfvdH

All I have to say about this is; LET IT BE INKED... Le Beau L. Underwood made some amazing sample pages of Avenging Spider-man #1. And it looks inked way better than that colour straight on pencils crap.

I'm also concerned that's this is all hype just like with Avenging Spider-man... With all the "Joe MAD on Spider-man...YEAH YEEEH YIPPY" and it turns out its only for 3 issues and than you never see him again...

Don't get me wrong.. I love Joe Mad's work... But for me the hype is a bit gone. These days I get more excited with work from Olivier Coipel and Jerome Opena for example.

Lets see if this is going to be more than just 3 issues and another disappearing act..

Planewalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By Planewalker
@sheldipez: No he can keep a monthly work no prob but in nowadays he only does comics to take the boredom out in between his work in games! Joe can no longer afford to work full time on comics! He doesn't have enough time ...
sheldipez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67  Edited By sheldipez

@Planewalker: Well seeing that, by all intents and purposes, Vigil Games no longer exist Joe Madureira has a lot more time on his hands and no more excuses!

@RalfvdH: It's not really a matter of hype though, it's whether the art is good or not and JoeMad's pencils are stunningevenbeforebeing inked.

aaunderoath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By aaunderoath

I don't even care what he's working on I will buy it and I will love it!!

sgcomicguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#69  Edited By sgcomicguy

@Mucklefluga: Thank god somebody said it!!!

sgcomicguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#70  Edited By sgcomicguy

"What's the point? He is a relic of the 90's who can not commit to a project long term. I'd take a lesser known artist if it meant some consistency."

@Rolls7royce: Do you mean Joe or Logan? :P

RalfvdH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By RalfvdH
@sheldipez: I am not saying his art is bad... His pencils are amazing. I'm reading the guy since I was 13 years old.. That's almost 18 years. I bought Battle Chasers when it first came out... and I didn't even mind back than that I had to wait almost a year on a issue. 
But he did that thing too much...Starting something... and then disappear. Don't really care how busy he is or was. If he were to busy at that time he shouldn't have started it. That's all I'm saying. 
About the inking.... Its more that I don't like the effect colours makes when its placed straight on darkened pencils. Even if its drawn by Joe Mad, Muhammed Ali or who ever. It needs to be inked. Its better...  So yeah.. All hail Joe Mad... but please... now a longer run than just a couple of issues... and ink from  Glapion or Underwood...or the classic McWeeney... Richard Friend. ... Colors by Marte Garcia or Dean White. Rick Remender or Jonathan Hickman as the writer... Than I'm definitely in..
Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Blackice709

YAY! MORE OF MY FAVIROTE MARVEL CHARACTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR111111!!!!!!1111111!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!!

ClintsEvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ClintsEvilTwin

@comicfan123 said:

So I suppose Wolverine will be teaming up with a government-sanctioned team of Wolverines run by a tough, cynical Wolverine to save a group of innocent Wolverines from the ruthless villain of the series-- Wolverine? And that this may tie into an alternate universe in which the main Wolverine discovers that he's actually a clone of a tyrannical, power-mad alternate-universe Wolverine, who's turned his land into a rundown, post-apocalyptic wasteland populated entirely by two separate sides of Wolverines-- the resistance Wolverines who are fighting against the power-mad Wolverine's horrid reign of terror, and the alternate Wolverine's Wolverine lackeys. The main Wolverine will also find himself with new allies that he'll fight with in this epic new battle-- his spunky love interest, Wolverine, his brilliant gadget-building companion, Wolverine, and his tough, but loveable "gentle giant", Wolverine.

not that clever

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By LarryDavis

Joe Mad is the rich man's Humberto Ramos.

RalfvdH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By RalfvdH

This looks a lot better when its colored than just the pencils  (To be clear... I'm not saying the pencils aren't gorgeous.... but as a finished thing I rather have the book inked)

No Caption Provided
Inks by LE BEAU L. UNDERWOOD

so... Again let it be inked