Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck
Locke & Key: Head Games
Locke & Key: Head Games
The first volume of Locke & Key was great.  Because IDW is a smaller publisher, it might flew under your radar.  It's a book definitely worth checking out.  A second volume is coming out and I couldn't be happier.  And in case you're unaware, Joe Hill is Stephen King's son but he doesn't need to ride on his coattails.  Writing is in his blood.

In 2008, award-winning novelist Joe Hill launched his first-ever comic book series, Locke & Key. The first volume of this acclaimed series, Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft, was recently collected in a hardcover volume. And now Hill and artist Gabriel Rodriguez are set to release the first chapter of the book’s highly anticipated follow-up, Locke & Key: Head Games, in January 2009.

Further, it was optioned by Dimension Films, and Hill’s work on the series was recently awarded with the Wizard Magazine Best Horror Writer 2008 honors.

Locke & Key tells of the Locke family, who relocate after an unspeakable tragedy to Keyhouse, an unlikely New England mansion, with fantastic doors that transform all who dare to walk through them... and home to a hate-filled and relentless creature that will not rest until it forces open the most terrible door of them all.

In Locke & Key: Head Games features the stunning art of Gabriel Rodriguez.  Following a shocking death that dredges up memories of their father's murder, Kinsey and Tyler Locke are thrown into choppy emotional waters, and turn to their new friend, Zack Wells, for support. However, the Locke family has no idea that Zack Wells hides a dire secret that tracks back to their father and Keyhouse, a secret Zack is willing to protect at any cost.
Locke & Key: Head Games #1 (Diamond Order Code NOV08 4115), a 32-page comic book, will be in stores in January 2009.
Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Mr. Wilson

This book is pretty good.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Last_Guardian

Locke & Key was awesome i followed the whole series..i actually like it a little more than House of Mystery, which is also awesome

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

This is great.  I'm not the only one that read it.  Actually I know I've 'talked' to a couple others here about it.  I think it was a refreshing series.  I love the superhero stuff but it's always nice to see other good stuff as well.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Last_Guardian

yeah i try and get all the horror stuff i see...i love it

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mr. Wilson

I really like it.  I'm really hoping this next LS will be good.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By pixelized

I remember Holding an issue of the first volume in my hand, and then setting it down to pick up soulfire instead

bad move

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Dang that stinks.  Maybe they'll have TPB.