• 77 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Lee is one of the biggest reasons why DC's JUSTICE LEAGUE title has been so successful; he's also a huge part of why its been so good. Earlier today DC Comics unveiled the three covers to JUSTICE LEAGUE #11; the regular cover, the black and white variant and the digital version. The question is, who holds the League in the palm of their hand, and could this image be representative of what's in store for the team in issue #11?

What do you think of the three covers? Which one is your favorite?

== TEASER ==

Source: DC

#1 Posted by toptom (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

beautifull.as always.

#2 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Great covers.

#3 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know, all around it looks good but his Batman is off. Which is strange cause he usually comes correct on the Bats.

#4 Posted by Pwok21 (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler's right, Bats is off; however Green lantern, Aquaman, Flash and Wonder Woman look good.

I still cannot get used to Cyborg as a starting leaguer.

#5 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed Batman does like off mainly his hand looks messed up and he is making the face, my dog make when he see's a cat

#6 Posted by Sawcesome (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash front and center. Good cover.

#7 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice covers. Flash and WW look awesome.

#8 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

the first one is the best because you can see the face in the background lol

#9 Posted by darkhalf (29 posts) - - Show Bio

all effort was given to flash since he is in front of the pack. superman doesnt look super in this art. i'll bet for the first artwork.

#10 Posted by sentryman555 (765 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: @Pwok21: @Greenflashlight: I can't see what you guys mean with Batman looking off. His hand isn't any bigger than Green Lantern's.

Awesome looking cover with Flash being the center!

#11 Posted by WarmerDays (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Drawing seems rushed as all poses are so ordinary (these poses have been drawn so many times).

#12 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome !

#13 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

@sentryman555: I do love that the Flash is front and center

#14 Posted by hyperman (289 posts) - - Show Bio

I have noticed that Wonder Woman's tiara has changed in these last issues. Has it got something to do with the story? Is it just an improvement in the design?

#15 Posted by A7D7A7M (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Jim Lee's art but I think all of the Justice League covers have been kinda generic.

#16 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

Great cover, after issue 9 I'm actually looking forward to this series now

#17 Posted by deadpool25mm (592 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool Cover.

#18 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Lee's work is good and all, but it looks scribbled a bit and the colors just don't look saturated enough. Maybe more shading...?

#19 Posted by xanthiss (177 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Jim Lee's art for sure. This one, I am not impressed with. It seems like a departure from his usual goodness. With that said, I guess they all can't be awesome. Although I like Flash up front.

#20 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio
@sentryman555 said:

@Gambler: @Pwok21: @Greenflashlight: I can't see what you guys mean with Batman looking off. His hand isn't any bigger than Green Lantern's.

Awesome looking cover with Flash being the center!

I'm not talking about  his proportion. I'm talking about his overall look as it correlates to Lee's other Batman depictions.
#21 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2203 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Lee and Scott Williams have been the only reasons why Justice League has been good since Geoff Johns is incapable of writing the majority of the team. His rendition of Superman is flat, which is sad considering that his stuff on Superman pre-reboot was great. His Batman and Wonder Woman are horrible. Cyborg is a Mary Sue now. That just leaves Flash, GL, and Aquaman, but Flash is more interesting in his own solo book than he is written by the guy who revived him and shoved him back in the spotlight--as is Hal as a matter of fact--and Aquaman hasn't really had an opportunity to shine.

So yeah, Lee's art and Williams colors are the biggest draws, not the characterization and writing.

#22 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it me or is Jim Lee slipping?

#23 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Is it me or is Jim Lee slipping?

Jim Lee's worst is better than many's best. I agree on the sentiment that its not as good as some of his other work, but I don't think that its that much of a significant change.

#24 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9003 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome Covers!!!

#25 Posted by sentryman555 (765 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: Okay I see what your saying but the batman he draws on the cover seems more in line with how he's been drawn in Justice League. If he drew Batman like that people might wonder why batman looks so different compared to the other issues.

#26 Posted by fables87 (976 posts) - - Show Bio

SWEET!

#27 Posted by I_Am_Dark (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Are they ever going to at least make Vic a JL liason to the Teen Titans? Just something to acknowledge his past membership would be nice.

#28 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like Nekron in the background

#29 Posted by Catman9 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor Cyborg gets treated like the team iphone.

#30 Posted by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

1 Cover Art (Good) = Photoshop variants (Bad)

#31 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio
@sentryman555: I agree. I also think his current Batman JLA cover art is slightly different from his Batman JLA interior art. Dudes got a full plate so maybe he isnt as concerned with the covers but thats speculation.
#32 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the regular cover best. Glad they're giving us them now, instead of Issue 9 where we didn't know until release date and a good 80% of us thought it was going to be that picture of the book that they had in the solicits.

#33 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

Judging by the cover, it looks like it's Flash's time to shine.

#34 Posted by jaredbright (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Lee is great. Yeah, it's not quite as good as his All Star Batman and Robin art, but he's doing these monthly. Taking a break, then doing monthly again. Praise that guy.

Love that guy since his X-Men days.

#35 Posted by edtie97 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

I think flash deserves to be the new team leader for once.

#36 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing! So epic!

#37 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

@edtie97 said:

I think flash deserves to be the new team leader for once.

Absolutely this.

#38 Posted by JamDamage (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarmerDays: what kind of poses are you expecting?

#39 Posted by JamDamage (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: I see what he's taking about. Obviously Batman has his new 52 outfit but he does look off to me too.

#40 Posted by sentryman555 (765 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: He's definitely got a lot on his hands at the moment. I'm sure drawing a big team book like Justice League can't be easy. Maybe he didn't have time to go back and add the extra oomph! to batman.

#41 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4227 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamDamage said:

@WarmerDays: what kind of poses are you expecting?

This.

#42 Posted by TheHeat (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Lee is my favorite penciller of all time. 

#43 Posted by yo_yo_fun (643 posts) - - Show Bio

The 1st one is the best!

#44 Posted by JamDamage (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

@sentryman555: probably wants to see Batman holding his balls with his tounge out.

#45 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio
@JamDamage: @sentryman555: It could be simply because Batman is just a background character for this cover and there for more time was spent on the feature characters. Everyone else looks like typical badass Lee art. But all around Lee's new 52 Batman style has been inconsistent. Especially between cover art and interior art.
 Most recent cover

New 52 HC Edition Cover

New 52 FCBD Edition Cover
 JLA #2 Interior art
#46 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omnicrono: Agreed but the covers especially (in terms of Batman) seem to be lacking that Lee spark in my opinion. As I said earlier, the interior art looks amazing. His covers do as well, just Batman has lost some flavor on them.
#47 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

Great covers.

#48 Posted by Omnicrono (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: I see what you are saying. Lately, at times, he draws him with too much of an Asian look it seems. Page 1 of issue 1 is a case in point.

#49 Posted by sentryman555 (765 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: It could also partially be he looks different cause its set in the past. And then their is the one in the present time. I'm not entirely sure but I can see what your talking about in those pictures.

#50 Posted by sentryman555 (765 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omnicrono: Maybe thats because the light was in his eyes and he was squinting =P. Don't take it personally I'm half-asian >_<