Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Check out the incredible preview image!

What do you get when Jim Lee teams up with his old friends at Image to put out quite possibly one of the most highly anticipated comic books of the year? One heck of a gorgeous cover. Check out the preview for the cover to the first issue of Image United, penciled by Jim Lee. WARNING: drooling may occur. Be sure to keep some tissues handy. Will you be picking up the issue? 

"Things just got real," IMAGE UNITED writer Robert Kirkman said. "Having all seven founders truly united propels the crossover to a whole new level. That's a commonly used phrase, but it's definitely the case here. This is exactly the moment fans have been hoping for and I'm very happy to say Jim delivered. That said, if you think this is cool, just wait for what happens next!"

IMAGE UNITED #1 (of 6): THE CROSSOVER EVENT OF THE CENTURY IS HERE!

The heroes of the Image Universe are united in order to fight the greatest threat the world as ever faced!  You can’t miss this historic event as the original Image Founders draw all the characters they made history with.  Each page is an amazing jam piece – it’s a story told in a way never before attempted in comics!

Story: ROBERT KIRKMAN
Art: ERIK LARSEN, ROB LIEFELD, TODD McFARLANE, WHILCE PORTACIO, MARC SILVESTRI & JIM VALENTINO
Covers: ERIK LARSEN, ROB LIEFELD, TODD McFARLANE, WHILCE PORTACIO, MARC SILVESTRI, JIM VALENTINO & JIM LEE
NOVEMBER 25, 2009
32 PAGES / FC
$3.99

EQUAL RATIO ED. (SEP090264)
YOUNGBLOOD CVR. A (AUG098141)
SHADOWHAWK CVR. B (AUG098142)
SPAWN CVR. C (AUG098143)
SAVAGE DRAGON CVR. D (AUG098144)
FORTRESS CVR. E (AUG098145)
WITCHBLADE CVR. F (AUG098146)
JIM LEE CVR. (SEP098101)
BLANK CVR. (SEP098102)
1-in-50-COPY INCV CVR. (SEP090265)
1-in-100-COPY JIM LEE B&W INCV. CVR. (SEP098101)
#1 Posted by 1eyejoker (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Lee, I salute you.
#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Invincible, but cool still.

#3 Posted by inferiorego (24588 posts) - - Show Bio

that's pretty

Staff
#4 Edited by skaarason (683 posts) - - Show Bio

wow !!!!!!!!!!!  

al simmons is back with a vengeance !!!!!!

#5 Posted by skaarason (683 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: i hope he'll be in it , there was a interview with krikman where  Erik  and todd were sayin that he should for sure put him in , so hopfully he will be put in !!!!!! 

and invincible is really image's top selling character now so it would bring more readers to the book , but it's not like any image fan won't pick it up , this is epic !!!!!!!
#6 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wet myself.
#7 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio

lovely
#8 Posted by Emerald Warrior (182 posts) - - Show Bio

See? THAT is why Lee is one of my Fav artists of ALL TIME! 

and...holy crap...is that Simmons?! 

#9 Posted by G-Man (34079 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emerald Warrior: Yes.

Staff
#10 Posted by Archetype (731 posts) - - Show Bio

That is a nice image there is no denying Jim Lee's talent, however like I said you'd think that those guys could come up with a better design for an evil powerful Spawn.I realize you want him to be recognizable but you could do that and make him look better.

It's a small very small disappointment and it will in no way affect my decision to pick this up.

#11 Posted by Clara Mass (8056 posts) - - Show Bio

AMAZING and do I see Sara Pezzini =D

#12 Posted by silvioislame (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannot wait for this, actually just picked up the preview for it signed by Kirkman at my local shop 

Also as many said, no invincible on the cover, yeah the preview didn't show him 
but even without him, i still think this will be one of the best events to happen in recent years, i mean look at the team behind it!

#13 Edited by Obsurity (263 posts) - - Show Bio

When did Al Simmons become evil? I stopped seriously collecting the series before Armageddon.... Not a great design either
#14 Posted by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

is that Shadowhawk on the bottom left? 
#15 Posted by Xion (247 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice! Cant wait! When does it come out?

#16 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing as always!

#17 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

funny thing is that I have yet to try the series of any of these and yet the art of Jim Lee is good enough to make me want to do it

#18 Posted by skaarason (683 posts) - - Show Bio
@Obsurity: the   Armageddon story was the best story arc ever in spawn , that's what got me back into spawn , u gota pick it up !!!!
#19 Posted by The_Warlord (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

as always his art is amazing

#20 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant quote the image. but al simmons is in the middle of the picture obviously. from left to right. 

savage dragon, witchblade, shadowhawk, ripclaw, badrock, (youngblood guy with arrows?), another guy i'm unfamiliar with in the background, and spawn.

#21 Edited by waruikumo (357 posts) - - Show Bio

WOAH!!! DEMON SPAWN WITH HORNS?!?!  I shouldn't like this, but good god this has so much potential. Who's doing the Internal Art? It would be nice to see an Image resurgence, with a "United Universe".  I mean hell my generation remembers the early 90's with nostalgia, (yes i am one of the kids those books were aimed @, and while I know it was marketing I still heart).  I think image's properties could be really Viable.  I mean Deadpool X-force Clone Saga all back and selling well (stop throwing things in anger for me mentioning the clone saga) 

Also, there is a normal spawn, about 2/5s from the bottom on the right side, next to the Demon's left thigh. Or maybe its like Redeemer or something? My Image knowledge is dusty

#22 Posted by The Sanguine Psychotic (39 posts) - - Show Bio

This is definitely enough to bring me back into the Image fold.  Of course that's probably what they're hoping for in the first place.  LOL

#23 Posted by Archetype (731 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om1kron said:

" I cant quote the image. but al simmons is in the middle of the picture obviously. from left to right.   savage dragon, witchblade, shadowhawk, ripclaw, badrock, (youngblood guy with arrows?), another guy i'm unfamiliar with in the background, and spawn. "

That would be Shaft leader of the Young Bloods and Fortress the newbie.

@waruikumo:
That's the new Spawn,Jim Downing.
#24 Posted by WickedWays (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this looks incredible! But, didn't Image do an arc almost exactly like this in the 90's where all the heroes had to unite to take down Chapel when he returned from hell? Anybody remember that? I think the arc was called Extreme Sacrifice. The character design for "Satan" Spawn looks very similar to Chapel's, too. 

#25 Posted by thedevilhunter (166 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawns back...sweet, 

#26 Posted by Emerald Warrior (182 posts) - - Show Bio
@WickedWays said:
" I think this looks incredible! But, didn't Image do an arc almost exactly like this in the 90's where all the heroes had to unite to take down Chapel when he returned from hell? Anybody remember that? I think the arc was called Extreme Sacrifice. The character design for "Satan" Spawn looks very similar to Chapel's, too.  "
Really?! I was never really into Image back in the 90's... i'm gonna have to investigate!
#27 Posted by Emerald Warrior (182 posts) - - Show Bio
@WickedWays said:
" I think this looks incredible! But, didn't Image do an arc almost exactly like this in the 90's where all the heroes had to unite to take down Chapel when he returned from hell? Anybody remember that? I think the arc was called Extreme Sacrifice. The character design for "Satan" Spawn looks very similar to Chapel's, too.  "
OK....just checked it...and it's slightly similar but not the same thing (only heavy hitters seem to be planned for Image United unlike E.S.) and me thinks Simmons looks waaaay cooler than this Chapel dude!
#28 Posted by KillerZ (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Image United crosses Image Comic founders' first characters: Turner's Witchblade, Silvestri's Cyberforce, Liefeld's Youngblood, McFarlane's Spawn and Larsen's Dragon.