• 93 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

The best way to end a Friday? With some Jim Lee art, of course. If you've been reading JUSTICE LEAGUE you may have noticed that artist Jim Lee's handiwork was missing from the most recent issue (issue #7 featured the art of Gene Ha), but that won't last long. The Co-Publisher of DC Comics will be returning to JUSTICE LEAGUE with issue #9 where he will be introducing an all-new villain to the DC Universe. DC unveiled Lee's character design earlier today which you can check out below.

What do you think of the character design? What do you think his powers will be, and how do you think he will be a threat to the League?

Source: DC

#1 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, looks interesting, like he has persons annexed into his being. For some reason he strikes me as one who has vampire based powers or something except on a grander scale. As for being a threat to the League I can see him definitely being a threat to the less superpowers based faction of the team but not so much for those with the powers. Do we have a name for him yet or is that all we have so far? I'm intrigued!

#2 Posted by Darkjediprime (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Reminds me of a white Martian

#3 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty cool. Who are those on his arms? Do I smell a backstory?

#4 Posted by J_Saints (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to find out his powers/name, he seems like he could end up being a very formidable opponent.

#5 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohhh, I wonder if he could be a White Martian! Then they could get Martian Manhu-

OH WAIT.

#6 Posted by Aeroman (495 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like the genomorphs in young justice

#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda looks Atlantean to me, wonder if it'll have to do with the 'other league' story from Aquaman.

#8 Edited by DarthShap (874 posts) - - Show Bio

Something between a white martian, a classic vampire (for the costume mostly) and Coppola's Dracula stuck between old and bat:

Anyway, I like it.

#9 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2232 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to say he could be a White Martian, but he has faces on his forearms. Something about that sounds like a demonic character to me. Maybe he is Neron or something. I guess we will have to wait two months from now to find out.

#10 Posted by curtman2k20 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty awesome, almost like Abe Sapien from BRPD/Hellboy mixed with a Lycan/Vampire from Underworld, another cool design by mr Jim Lee, knowing Mr Lee i'm sure his powers will be equally as awesome as the art...

#11 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9414 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus:

Well, considering he was made to be a justice league villain there is a high chance he's at team busting levels

#12 Posted by Inverno (13057 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks like Saren from Mass Effect.

#13 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

Eeeeeh, as has been the case, I'm not terribly thrilled with Lee's costume design.

The character himself looks menacing enough, though, so I'll be interested to see what his deal is.

#14 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

I think hes going to punch things.

#15 Posted by UrbanChill (215 posts) - - Show Bio

the power to make large amounts of hair grow out of his shin

#16 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grim said:

I think hes going to punch things.

LoL and do bad things :D

#17 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm...

#18 Posted by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

So I am curious as to whether or not the faces on his forearms are intentional?

The left forearm appears to have a male face - and the right forearm also appears to contain a female face.

The tattered cape and dark visage also do seem to imply that this character will have a sort of vampiric based or power syphoning ability.

Certainly worth sticking around to see what transpires - 'count me in'

#19 Posted by The_Mercenary (1885 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

Kinda looks Atlantean to me, wonder if it'll have to do with the 'other league' story from Aquaman.

Looked Atlantean to me too.

#20 Edited by Baberaham_Lincoln (921 posts) - - Show Bio

i miss Jim Lee's art on the Justice league..... gene Ha's art doesn't fit the Justice league, especially superman and aquaman. But back on the subject matter, I have a feeling this character is from Pandora's box, like the box they mention at the end of issue 6 of JL.

#21 Posted by Emperormeister734 (804 posts) - - Show Bio

LOOKS AWESOME

#22 Posted by ravisher (669 posts) - - Show Bio

white reptilian

#23 Posted by JimmyAlbo (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Mh i don´t like it. maybe because I don´t like that so many new villain comes from nowhere in the new 52.

#24 Posted by SC (12675 posts) - - Show Bio

Zounds! Tis the Personification of the Pre 52 DC Universe, here to taunt our heroes about the pasts they are unaware of. The Justice League may be able to survive Darkseid but can they survive cruel taunts about their new outfits collars, constantly changing pants, and I mean that hair. His gauntlets are surprisingly not to over done though, I mean... relatively for a Jim Lee redesign. /End Snarky Comic Book Fan Criticism/Mockery/]  

#25 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice, he looks like he could be very formidable so long as he has some evil monster pets or friends

#26 Posted by ironshadow (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

He ripped-off Haunt

Haunt #19
#27 Posted by Lvenger (18226 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darkjediprime said:

SNAP! Though I don't think he is one. MM's with Stormwatch so I don't think it's a White Martian. Nonetheless, that's one cool looking design for a new villain. Though I would like to see Amazo, Despero, heck even the Royal Flush Gang. Would be nice to see some classic League villains again.

#28 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

Wow, looks interesting, like he has persons annexed into his being.

I found that to be super interesting.

#29 Posted by Billy Batson (57740 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or aren't JIM LEE'S sketches good anymore?
BB

#30 Posted by Mrakbarman (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol i think its another one with ice powers, well at least he looks intimidating ( or maybe thats because jim lee drew it )

#31 Posted by TheMadMonkey (148 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Dr. Destiny. He's such a huge fan of the Wonder Twins (Zan and Jayna), he had them tattooed on each arm.

You REALLY don't want to know where he has Gleek!

#32 Posted by LordRequiem (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

Likes me some cool new villains I does.

#33 Edited by SpidermanWins (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks like a power absorber of some sort to me from those tendrils near his legs.

#34 Edited by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

he's going to punch and blow energy and ... all those cool things

#35 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Scary!!!!!!!

#36 Posted by TheIncredibleNightcrawler1999 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks too cool. I cant wait!

#37 Posted by CitizenJP (592 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks badass!

#38 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by entropy_aegis (14205 posts) - - Show Bio

Generic.

#40 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:

Generic.

Exactly this.
#41 Posted by waruikumo (357 posts) - - Show Bio

Aqua-Man villain.

#42 Posted by RoninAutomaton (20 posts) - - Show Bio

No no no no no. Ghost of Christmas Present. The gauntlets are the children Ignorance and Want.

#43 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I desperately want this to be a White Martian, but I know that is very unlikely.

#44 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoninAutomaton: Heavy.

#45 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks a bit like Trident from "Teen Titans". Just a pinch.

#46 Posted by Artya (20 posts) - - Show Bio

This year on a very special (and early) Christmas Tale. When Jim Lee, Geoff Johns and Dan Didio thought all was well with the Multiverse, a new enemy appears to show them what is, and what could be. In this game-changing and shattering six issue miniseries we will accompany our beloved anti-heroes as they battle foes that were forgotten, some elephants in a corner and wardrobes! ¡It's the Challengers of the Reboot as you never saw them before!. Fights, shame, betrayal and a guest starring monologue by none other than Grant Morrison! Join us every 52 of the month, as we travel with them "Thru' the Land of DC Past". And don't miss the shocking revelation that will knock you to the pre-boot, seriously. It's something you'll all be talking until next issue! Plus: Brian Azzarello though it was ok to tamper with forces beyond his keen. Now follow his misadventures as he battle fan and god alike. Introducing Greekblazer!

Pd: No ill will, just that thing reminded me the of the Ghost of DC past. I would buy that series, though. Mostly for Greekblazer.

And I have too much sarcasm on the system.

#47 Posted by Black_Vulcan76 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

To go off the vampire-like look of the character he could have powers similar to the Parasite

#48 Posted by D_Knight (65 posts) - - Show Bio

it looks like he has bleeding nipples

#49 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Manly leg hair.

#50 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darkjediprime said:

I agree