Jaxxon Returns to STAR WARS

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Oh Jaxxon, where have you been all these years? Let's hope his return is for more than just a variant cover. Jaxxon first appeared in the Marvel STAR WARS comic back in 1978.

No Caption Provided

This January, the iconic Star Wars franchise returns to the House of Ideas in grand fashion with the first can’t-miss ongoing series kicking off in STAR WARS #1! Today, Marvel Entertainment and Lucasfilm Ltd. are extremely proud to unveil artist John Tyler Christopher’s STAR WARS #1 Party Variant – featuring none other than the return of Jaxxon! Only available at Star Wars #1 Launch Parties, don’t miss your chance to get your hands on this one-of-a-kind variant cover to one of the biggest issues of the year!

“We couldn’t be happier to have Star Wars comics back at Marvel,” says Marvel SVP Sales & Marketing David Gabriel. “Star Wars has always been an important part of Marvel’s history and we knew we wanted to honor that legacy with a callback to the original Marvel ComicsStar Wars series. We think old and new fans alike will be just as excited as we are to see Jaxxon, even if it’s only for this fun variant cover.”

From the star studded creative team of writer Jason Aaron, artist John Cassaday and colorist Laura Martin comes a brand-new series spotlighting beloved characters from the original trilogy. Taking place immediately after the events of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, follow the continued adventures of Luke, Han, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, Darth Vader and more as the growing Rebel Alliance battles for freedom against the Imperial Forces of the Galactic Empire!

Retailers: Please check upcoming Marvel Mailers for more information about how you can participate in STAR WARS #1 Launch Parties. Retailers are strongly urged to check their orders on this highly anticipated first issue.

STAR WARS #1

Written by JASON AARON

Art by JOHN CASSADAY

Party Variant by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER

On Sale in January!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

He's not in the actual book? :(

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@xwraith: Maybe they'll consider it if people demand it?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

This guy looks like Bucky O'Hare

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@smart_dork_dude said:

No Caption Provided

I came here to say this

Actually, Jaxxon predates Bucky by a few years. From all interviews, though, they were both created independently of each other. Just one of those weird little things that happens in life. heh

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

To be honest, this was the one thing that I was really hoping would happen when I learned Marvel would be taking back the Star Wars license.

LordTerminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@smart_dork_dude said:

No Caption Provided

I came here to say this

Actually, Jaxxon predates Bucky by a few years. From all interviews, though, they were both created independently of each other. Just one of those weird little things that happens in life. heh

So he won't be croaking any toads then?

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@smart_dork_dude said:

No Caption Provided

I came here to say this

So he won't be croaking any toads then?

I wish. I would love a crossover between the two.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Pretty funny variant xD

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

That's a great cover.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: Character from the original Marvel series that first appeared in 1978. He's kind like Bugs Bunny and Star-Lord fused into one.