WEAK!!!!

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By XsPectre28

i thought Namor was stronger in the water??????

MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By MrRagePants

@MetallicMercury said:

@k4tzm4n: I imagine Cage just got a lucky shot. If not, then there is some messed up sh!t goin' down.

This is Luke VS Namor. There is definitely some messed up sh!t going down.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By BatteredArmor

Can I get a teaser of Cyke blasting someone now? Or are we just going to keep seeing the X-men getting their asses handed to them

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#55  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@k4tzm4n said:

Namor has Luke Cage totally outclassed.

But hey, it's cool to ignore power levels for the sake of entertainment, AMIRITE? ;)

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#56  Edited By The Impersonator  Online

Namor is about to get caged. And Cage is about to get....splashed. =P

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Or35ti

First of all Namor will destroy Cage. Second, I hate all of this corny dialogue.

jcj145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jcj145

@Morpheus_: The X-Men flex their muscles and pat themselves on the back b/c no one else does. They survive near extinction every other month while also stepping out and helping in the rest of the Marvel Universe's problems, but don't receive so much as a thank you for it. The idea behind the Extinction Team is two-fold; to show their power in case someone else wants to cause trouble and to generate goodwill in the public in regards to their plight. Its exposure to the cause.

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By madrid_san

@PrimeDirective said:

@Morpheus_: Umm... Sorry, but no. The X-Men weren't flexing their muscles in front of a mirror when Norman Osborn and his "bad guys win" agenda came stomping up on their front porch. On the contrary, while the rest of the heroic community had gone underground with their tail between their legs, Cyclops and the gang made Stormin' Norman look like a complete chump. Furthermore, they dealt with Bastion and Selene in follow up while the Avengers and the other heros were licking their wounds in the wake of Siege. Oh what's that? The heroic community got a small reprieve before Fear Itself? Not so for the X-Men. They didn't have the chance to recover from the war against the vampires before they dive into the fight against the Worthy. Surely a break after that, right? Nope. It was rime for the X-Men's version of Civil War. Oh look! The Phoenix Force is coming back to Earth! Maybe this is our chance to save our race! Nope, the Avengers, who's messes we've been helping with in addition to dealing with our own problems, are showing their gratitude by denying us this opportunity to fix all the junk we've been through. Sorry, but that's a doucher move. The least the Avengers can do is either help the X-Men try to succeed with their plan or stay the hell out of the way and let the Phoenix Force experts handle it on their own, but noooooo... I guess the Avengers just got bored flexing their muscles and needed something else to do...

I like this opinion. And as everyone else has pointed out, Cage is in over his head versus the King of Atlantis. Namor should show no mercy and just spare us any further Luke Cage appearances in Marvel. Namor deserves to battle a more worthy opponent. He's beaten Red Hulk, Iron Man, and most of the powerful Avengers are in space. Hmm...maybe if he were to fight several at once it would even up the odds in stead of him facing one puny Avenger?

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By Chaos Burn

Maybe he will drown Namor?

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By One_Eye

@Cafeterialoca said:

@Morpheus_: Oh, I know that Cyclops' side is flawed, but I don't think the Avengers should be "the one and true answer". Frankly, I'll be extremely happy if the Avengers are wrong for once. They've been sitting on a high horse for some time now and something needs to rock their boat.

And don't get me STARTED on how much of a hypocrite Beast is. "Nightcrawler's death is on you Cyclops! You murdering psycho! Oh Wolverine! You're opening up a school? GREAT! You're even running the same X-Force too? Fine by me." I know people will get mad at me, but I wouldn't care if Beast died in this event.

Ditto! I've never wanted to see a character in fiction get their comeuppance since Algus from Final Fantasy tactics! The fact that Beast continues to get away with his recent actions with no sense of consequence is just maddening and since then I haven't been able to look at the character in the same way. I don't know nut he's just being an arse because he's devolving. Whatever the case is, I hope that he catches the beat-down of the ages.

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62  Edited By Cafeterialoca

@One_Eye: Although, if he dies, they'll all blame Scott and treat it like a mega tragedy.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#63  Edited By ReVamp

@k4tzm4n said:

But hey, it's cool to ignore power levels for the sake of entertainment, AMIRITE? ;)

I was just about to say it.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By One_Eye

@PrimeDirective said:

@Morpheus_: Umm... Sorry, but no. The X-Men weren't flexing their muscles in front of a mirror when Norman Osborn and his "bad guys win" agenda came stomping up on their front porch. On the contrary, while the rest of the heroic community had gone underground with their tail between their legs, Cyclops and the gang made Stormin' Norman look like a complete chump. Furthermore, they dealt with Bastion and Selene in follow up while the Avengers and the other heros were licking their wounds in the wake of Siege. Oh what's that? The heroic community got a small reprieve before Fear Itself? Not so for the X-Men. They didn't have the chance to recover from the war against the vampires before they dive into the fight against the Worthy. Surely a break after that, right? Nope. It was rime for the X-Men's version of Civil War. Oh look! The Phoenix Force is coming back to Earth! Maybe this is our chance to save our race! Nope, the Avengers, who's messes we've been helping with in addition to dealing with our own problems, are showing their gratitude by denying us this opportunity to fix all the junk we've been through. Sorry, but that's a doucher move. The least the Avengers can do is either help the X-Men try to succeed with their plan or stay the hell out of the way and let the Phoenix Force experts handle it on their own, but noooooo... I guess the Avengers just got bored flexing their muscles and needed something else to do...

I know exactly how you feel. To me; the Uncanny X-Men are going to always be Marvel's best but highly underappreciated superhero team ever! I love that not only do they save they day but that they also have problems outside of their superhero career, that there's dissension with their ranks, you actually see the consequences of their actions and the characters having to cope.((though, not so much with Wolverine and company...-_-)) I won't take anything away from the Avengers because at the very least I've seen the Big Three handle their own personal demons what with Steve Rogers being stripped of his mantle, Tony Stark's alcoholism, and Thor learning humility. However, at the end of the day they're always seen as Earth's greatest superhero team but I've just never found myself attached but to a handful of the members. If nothing else, I feel that X-Men have picked up the slack where the Avengers have dropped the ball and given the two teams past encounters the Avengers have always come off as antagonistic.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By One_Eye

@Cafeterialoca said:

@One_Eye: Although, if he dies, they'll all blame Scott and treat it like a mega tragedy.

I wouldn't care either way so long as the folks at the Jean Grey Institute for Pacifism faces real problems for once instead undergoing hijinks and misadventures. Being a Cyclops fan, one gets used to hearing their favorite character getting trashed talked and in response develop a thick skin, however, if it means seeing another character face the consequences of their actions then I'm all for it. Also, it's like Namor said to Cykes in an issue of Uncanny, "the 'X' doesn't stand for Xavier or the X-Gene. It's a target."

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@PrimeDirective said:

Seriously... Colossernaut, Namor, Magneto, Magik, Emma Frost, Storm, Nate Grey, and Jubilee should be enough to curbstomp the Avengers, but my money is on the X-Men jobbing big time. We'd better at least get Jean Grey revived out of this

You need to take Nate off that list, bro. New Mutants seriously and I mean seriously depowered him. So unless he gets his power back, he's not gonna be helping anybody. Plus I believe Exiled (The Journey into Mystery/New Mutants crossover) is happening around this time too so I doubt even Valkryie Dani is gonna be around to help Cyclops.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By lykopis

@The Impersonator said:

Namor is about to get caged. And Cage is about to get....splashed. =P

This one wins - lol

Yes - clearly Namor is the stronger of the two, and yes, these promos are showing the X-Men in more compromised positions which is frankly, ridiculous and yes, pushing for an Avengers win when the movie is due out makes sense. But the Avengers getting involved because the Phoenix Force is making its way to Earth makes even more sense. The entity has killed billions - and Cyclops is being treated terribly by the editorial team at Marvel because desperate or not to save his race, he knows better than anyone that the Phoenix is a destructive entity. I just cannot believe that Bishop will potentially be proven right all along.

@The Dark Huntress said:

@mr.obvious said:

@MyraMyraMyra said:

Marvel needs to fire somebody. These promos are awful.

They're doing their job. Getting people talking and up in arms. Rousing curiosity translates pretty directly to people buying the books.

+1

jaredbright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By jaredbright

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

It would have to be Namor. Come to think of it, I don't know how strong Luke Cage is supposed to be.

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ravisher

@k4tzm4n:

all he did was punch him

namor too powerful to get punched?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@PrimeDirective: Great Point....

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71  Edited By CATPANEXE

My tagline for this would be : " Made Exclusively For The twenty-Five Cent Bin ". I would say it looks like garbage but...well, I would consider the stuff in my trash bag to be more artistic. Hey Marvel, who needs quality anyways, we'll hit the feeder bar either way yeah? None for me thanks.

Cervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#72  Edited By Cervantes

@Cafeterialoca said:

And don't get me STARTED on how much of a hypocrite Beast is. "Nightcrawler's death is on you Cyclops! You murdering psycho! Oh Wolverine! You're opening up a school? GREAT! You're even running the same X-Force too? Fine by me." I know people will get mad at me, but I wouldn't care if Beast died in this event.

This. Cyclops gets on people's nerves now, but he does what it takes to survive and Nightcrawler's death was NOT on him.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#73  Edited By InnerVenom123

@ReVamp said:

@k4tzm4n said:

I was just about to say it.

Does it really need saying? It's completely obvious.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By EnSabahNurX

The Avengers win, that's what is going to happen. Marvel has the avengers movie coming out and it's highly unlikely they will ever let the x-men be better than the superheroes.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#75  Edited By ReVamp

@InnerVenom123: Apparently not to the people who need to know it the most, lol.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By LordRequiem

Namor showing a bit of class (thankfully fighting for the mutants I assume) and Luke Cage doing what he does best, epitomising stupidity, through his words and his general pithy demeanor. Crack his skull please Namor.

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By hectorsquall
My first thought when I saw this preview.
My first thought when I saw this preview.
blackadam2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By blackadam2

@Morpheus_: wolverine and the x-men is not a bad book, but at first i was taken aback by the art of the first few issues. is not bad, but it is really messy( i guess is matter of opinions). but i am enjoying more uncanny x-men. i do confess i like the cyclop's team better and i agree with his point of view of things. i don't agree with wolverine, but i do like how the characters has evolve, personality wise. i mainly read wolverine and the x-men to see some nice feats of iceman.

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By mtrakos

luke who? namor all day

The Finality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By The Finality

Just get Namor to do the ability everyone (including him) seems to forget he has. Aquapathy. Thanks to the combined efforts of Super Friends and stand up comedy, that ability has been looked upon as useless. It never was, and thanks to Geoff John's reimagining of Aquaman, all it takes is to be near a little water, and your opponent is screwed. Summon an army of sharks, octopi, squid, whales, eels (normal and electric variety), Cage would be so overwhelmed, despite his strength and durability, that Namor could zoom in and lay him out with the super strong right hook.

Juggy313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Juggy313

I'm really hoping for a good showing for Cage... An upgrade would be great... Maybe Wrecker's Crowbar...

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_ said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

Can the next one be an X-Man kicking an Avengers Ass please?

Cage bragging does not mean he's going to beat Namor, or anywhere near it.

- Bendis loves him some Luke Cage, I would not be shocked in the slightest if Namor gets jobbered and loses no matter how little sense it would make

TheThisGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TheThisGuy

While there is a lot of talk about Namor and LC based on the header pic, and while I agree that Bendis is crazy if he thinks LC could ever beat Namor in a fight, let a lone a fight in water, there is, for me a bigger issue. That is that we have a front line defensive force with the likes of Magneto, Namor, and Colossernaut. Not to mention a whose who list of the most powerful mutants in the world. These people have not been simply being heroes. They have been fighting for their lives almost their entire lives. They haven't been sitting around waiting for the phone to ring, they have been in a non stop battle piratically every day for years. Spider-man had the best idea, I wouldn't want to get into that battle either.

Here is how I see it. Enter Magneto;

Hey, nice ship. [Magneto rips it apart like a piece of paper] But using Colossernaut as a cannonball is fun too.

Hey Capt' that amazing shield isn't made of metal by any chance? [Magneto sends it into synchronised orbit with Mars]

Tony Stark you have a choice would you a. like to be launched in to the Sun or b. crushed like a soda can on recycling day? [Magneto doesn't even have to look to do this]

[Magneto to Wolverine] Logan, have you forgotten how I liquefied all the animantium in your body and syphoned it out through every pore and orifice of your body? [I know I'm digging deep for that one and a lot has happen to Magneto since then but still one of the most awesome scenes ever]

BANDIS,, Y U NO USE CANON AND STATS?