• 74 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

November is only weeks away and with the start of the new month comes the beginning of Marvel's next big thing.

"It's Coming," but what exactly is "it"? This November Marvel will be releasing a 64-page retailers initiative titled 'point one' which will clue fans into exactly that. Marvel's marketing team is also in full swing and already making plans to ensure that retailers are fully stocked with orders of these "Point One" books.

“With Point One, we’ve created something very special by pulling together our top talent to provide short entry points to all of our 2012 launches that will have fans buzzing for more,” said SVP of Sales David Gabriel. “Point One will be a great marketing tool for retailers and a great read for fans. We just want to make sure everyone is well stocked with over 120,000 copies of this book in stores for excited readers.”

The 'Point One' book is set to hit store shelves on November 9th, 2011. What do you think is coming? Check out solicit and preview images below.

== TEASER ==
POINT ONE #1 (SEP110496)
POINT ONE #1 BRADSHAW VARIANT (AUG118186)
POINT ONE #1 BRADSHAW INKED VARIANT (AUG118187)
Written by JEPH LOEB, BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, MATT FRACTION, ED BRUBAKER, FRED VAN LENTE, CHRIS YOST, DAVID LAPHAM & MORE
Art by ED MCGUINNESS, BRYAN HITCH, TERRY DODSON, SALVADOR LARROCA, RYAN STEGMAN, JAVIER PULIDO, ROBERTO DE LA TORRE & MORE
Cover by ADAM KUBERT
Variant Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
ON SALE – 11/9/11

Source: Marvel

#1 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is where I am going to start reading Marvel again. God it hasn't been since Secret Invasion and I didn't even read all of that. (too many books I had to buy)

#2 Posted by Top Flight Security (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daveyo520: I am enjoying Spider Island if nothing else.

#3 Edited by NightwalkerRevan (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix seems to be clearly part of this event, but is it what is coming or is the Phoenix entity going to help fight 'it', whatever that is?

#4 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@Top Flight Security: I do like Spider-Man a whole lot, but I just fell off. It is too late to start reading that now, I guess I will wait for the trade(s).

#5 Posted by Powerzone789 (430 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm....maybe this will be marvels big comeback? only time will tell....

#6 Posted by PScully (16 posts) - - Show Bio

"It" it seems is clearly The Phoenix Force.

#7 Edited by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

is this going to be some quick unevenly paced clustermess like identity disc was when it was obvious dc caught fire with identity crisis? looks like their point one is their take on DC's new 52 with new numbers and tons of more head achingly complicated plots which will have you wanting them to make cliffs notes.

#8 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry guys, I've been hearing about this thing for weeks now but I have no idea what the heck it is! Can someone explain it to me? haha

#9 Posted by WiqidBritt (14 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm, seems Nova apparently made it out of the Cancerverse, maybe that's old news though, I've been slacking.

#10 Posted by TheBlackHood (340 posts) - - Show Bio

These "big" events cease being "big" when they happen 6+ times a year. I remember reading comics as a kid and getting super excited for Inferno because it was the climax of 50+ issues of X-men / X-factor build up. Anymore it seems like anything that isn't part of a major event as Marvel is throw away filler issues or simply 2 issue setups for the next big thing. It has all become very anti-climatic.

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33425 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this the same thing that Galactus is going on about? Also why is Doc Strange in a Spiderman pose? 

#12 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9061 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that this story arc is good. I hope this is some big story and a bigger story arc than Fear Itself was. I guess we will have to wait and see

#13 Posted by VaizD (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Completely over it. Events are only events if they happen once in a while.

#14 Posted by Lonestar88 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks interesting, but Marvel has too many things going on.

#15 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

Who are all thosse people. Some of the names sound familliar, like Deadeye but I dont really know them. Are they new characters? I'm talking about Prophet, Horror Show, Fiend, Goodnight, and Deadeye?

#16 Edited by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I agree with the majority here, Marvel needs to STOP on the big events. Excited as I am that the Phoenix Force is coming back, the writers could have easily relegated this to a simple arc rather than a big event.

#17 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2244 posts) - - Show Bio
AOA
#18 Posted by sixdecibels (34 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm happy Marvel is using their Cosmic characters again!

So looks like the Pheonix Force is back in some form. Jean maybe? And Nova is back somehow from the Cancerverse.. What of StarLord? And the now immortal Thanos?

And Black Bolt is back too? Awesome!

#19 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

Ew, I HATE Doctor Strange's new costume. Doesn't suit him at all, I'd rather see a variation the the trench coat outfit than this!

I'll pick up Point One, but I want Marvel to cool it on the big event comics. I'd like to be able to read a title without fear it was going to be derailed and interrupted by another "event" every three weeks.

#20 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

People complain about the 'event' issues, but in a world/univere where there's that many powerful people, big shit's gonna happen pretty regularly.

#21 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Are they making their own universe?

Oh gosh. I hate how they are messing up everything that the cosmic universe was.

#22 Posted by The Mast (788 posts) - - Show Bio

If they do a D.C. style reboot, I will be done with them.

#23 Edited by NightwalkerRevan (123 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArtisticNeedham: If it did involve AoA and the storyline from X-Force as at least part of this event I would definitely be interested in this, maybe the Phoenix in question is the Phoenix from that universe (involving the evolved Weapon X?).

Oh well I can hope :)

#24 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't this all an Ultimate Universe thing? If so it doesn't really affect me, I gave up on the ultimate line ages ago.

#25 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't...take eyes....off of..... Dr. Strange's winning mustache.

#26 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

"Point One will be a great marketing tool for retailers"

Exactly. More money for Marvel to take from comic readers. We aren't even done with FI, for crying out loud. And then we have the Fearless and Regenesis going on, not to mention Spider Island. I mean, seriously...anyway, I shall end my rant at this.

#27 Posted by nyx (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything with the Phoenix Force is bound to blow. The Phoenix is just too powerful! And, of course, Jean's bound to come crawling her way out of the grave...yet again, which is just so, so, so over down.

#28 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

wowowowow so excited!!!

#29 Posted by GothamRed (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

why does prophet look like red hood, and strange and hawkeye are getting new costumes already, didn't the just get new one's in the heroic age?

#30 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2242 posts) - - Show Bio

HOLY. SHIT. What is the deal with the whole 'Point One' thing? I thought it was just a few random extra issues to cost people money but be good jumping on points (Despite 'point one' being something that would just make new readers MORE confused and wary.) And all of them be $2.99 to be like DC's Holding the Line At $2.99 despite some of the series they led into costing more. Why have we had so many more popping up everywhere all the time? And the Fear Itself Point 1, Point 2 and point 3? And now this? What the fuck does it all mean? Why the hell are they so obsessed with 'Point One!?" I can always count on Marvel to piss me off with their 'BIG' announcements, glossing over their more interesting stuff.

#31 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh shoot! Those characters are from AoA?! I'm really excited about this team which are springing off from Uncanny X-Force. Can we presume that Fiend is AoA Psylocke? Only time will tell.

#32 Posted by ninjacommando (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Unimpressed.

#33 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that Nova saying "It's coming"?

#34 Posted by Owie (3741 posts) - - Show Bio

NOT a fan of Dr. Strange's costume. He's always been a non-superhero-suit kind of guy. His normal costume seems more like "this is what we sorcerer's wear" rather than "this is what we super heroes wear" and I think that's a good thing. Or just a trenchcoat.

Please no DC-style reboot.

#35 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
"Written by JEPH LOEB, BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, MATT FRACTION"

LOL !!!
#36 Posted by Roldan (241 posts) - - Show Bio

@Owie said:

NOT a fan of Dr. Strange's costume. He's always been a non-superhero-suit kind of guy. His normal costume seems more like "this is what we sorcerer's wear" rather than "this is what we super heroes wear" and I think that's a good thing. Or just a trenchcoat.

Please no DC-style reboot.

It's not a DC-style reboot. They right in the middle of 3 events, they can't reboot even if they wanted to.

Btw, what's Huntress doing in the last promo? Seriously though it looks like Huntress new outfit but without the cape which is kinda boring, that really makes the costume stand out.

#37 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks great! But didn't Marvel just had the "Fear Itself" event not too long ago? Does this mean that the Fear Itself event will discontinue or will it keep going and tie in with this new event?

#38 Posted by Yumulu (762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enzeru said:

"Written by JEPH LOEB, BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, MATT FRACTION" LOL !!!

Indeed, I don't see how they could have put a more disliked team of authors even if they tried to.

#39 Posted by Red_Lightning_Alpha (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC: No it's main continuity. earth 616

#40 Posted by DarkChris (303 posts) - - Show Bio

So, that's the issue where the next big events start. The return of Scarlet Spider, the prelude or whatever of the Ultron story, the return of Nova, first story of The Defenders, first story of the new AoA series, something about Phoenix and God knows what else. I believe the story with SS will be the aftermath of Spider-Island and the return of Nova, the AoA series, the story about Phoenix and X-Sanction (it's not included in this issue) will be the build up for Marvel's biggest event in 2012. Just my two cents.

#41 Posted by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

Great more Fraction yuck!

#42 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

A flaming bird? It's probably Pyro. Pryo is the next extra-universal threat. And it looks like Batwoman is unmasked and revealed to be a guy with a handle-bar mustache. I guess nobody saw that coming.

#43 Posted by jubeiyagyuX (121 posts) - - Show Bio

wait ,wait when was it said this was an event? Its just an oversized issue and more or less a Rosetta stone for everything in Marvel next year.Calm down people! :D

#44 Posted by Flash Wildblaze (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone remember this.

#45 Posted by Dernman (15093 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the Nova and Dr Strange redesign.

#46 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

BAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

With Point One, we’ve created something very special by pulling together our top talent:

Written by JEPH LOEB, BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, MATT FRACTION, ED BRUBAKER,

Goodbye.
#47 Edited by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio
This would be better if it was "Slap Bracelets, Friends, Nirvana, Tamagotchi, and Sony Discman," but you get the idea.
#48 Posted by Bap_Tize_81 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking at dr. strange, and all i can say is "when did freddie mercury get powers?".

#49 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

another event!?! wow..aha chill with the events marvel

#50 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShadowX said:

Who are all thosse people. Some of the names sound familliar, like Deadeye but I dont really know them. Are they new characters? I'm talking about Prophet, Horror Show, Fiend, Goodnight, and Deadeye?

Fiend is literally wearing Huntress' new 52 costume O_O