• 58 results
Posted by G-Man (30615 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you ready for another "This is War" teaser from Marvel?

On Monday we saw two teasers, one with a smashed up Mjolnir and the other with Wolverine. Yesterday we saw that Captain America's shield was going to be getting bloody. Today, Marvel has released a fourth teaser with Iron Man taking the spotlight.

Looks a little painful.

All we know is more information will be revealed at San Diego Comic-Con during the Amazing Spider-Man panel on Sunday, July 15. It seems odd that it will be during a Spider-Man panel and we haven't even seen Spider-Man in any of the teasers. My money is this has to do with the Ultron War teased in early issues of AVENGERS and POINT ONE.

Staff
#1 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

What month does AvsX end?

#2 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

These are so generic. Marvel's incredibly lazy with their teasers.

#3 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
I dig the artwork. It's refreshing to see Checchetto's take in non street level characters.
#4 Posted by The Cyan Lantern (240 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems like Marvel wants to hype EVERYTHING, but they usually don't disappoint. Lets hope this doesn't because the teaser images have been cool.

#5 Edited by AweSam (7372 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Cyan Lantern said:

It seems like Marvel wants to hype EVERYTHING, but they usually don't disappoint. Lets hope this doesn't because the teaser images have been cool.

Good one.

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

I dig the artwork. It's refreshing to see Checchetto's take in non street level characters.

His art is amazing.

#7 Posted by DATNIGGA (1186 posts) - - Show Bio

If thought this was gonna be a spiderman & thor thing but.. nope its most likely Ultron fighting the Avengers

#8 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Cyan Lantern said:

Are you sure you are reading the same comics as i am ?

Because all the marvel event since secret invasion were poor as hell for me. And now it is event after event that will "change the face of the marvel universe for EVER !!!" every time but we all forget about them after 2 weeks and all return to the same point.

#9 Posted by jezuitx (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay am I going crazy or haven't they already hyped the next event after AvsX? I seem to recall "Avengers No More" or something like that. So are we going AvsX -> Avengers No More -> This is War? Jesus Marvel I'm on event overload here.

#10 Posted by Arevish (302 posts) - - Show Bio

@wowylied: So spider-island was poor as hell?

#11 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezuitx:

Don't forget there is the return of ultron too...

#12 Posted by G-Man (30615 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezuitx: I think Avengers No More is happening in the second half of AvX. Issue 6 kicked that off.

Staff
#13 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arevish:

It was a mini event which was in new york.

But...why is there blood in the impact on iron man helmet ? Blood pass trought metal for me...

#14 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11063 posts) - - Show Bio

Great art. Not looking forward to another event.

#15 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

ULTRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WIN

#16 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Are there no other heroes in the Marvel Universe anymore? Every event seems to have Cap, Thor, Iron-man, Spider-man and Wolverine as one if not all of the major players. How about an event with the Thunderbolts, Storm, Ms Marvel or the Defenders? These character will never become more popular and well known if they never get the spotlight.

#17 Posted by AskaniSon295 (427 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Bcouse the Thunderbolts suck as do the Defenders and iron fist, power man, Ms Marvel looks to be dumb too. Marvel needs to do what DC did. clean house and start over with real writes and NEW ideas.

#19 Posted by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

The NEW 52 (with a few exceptions) turned me from a DC guy into a Marvel guy, started reading their stuff and loving it - but now after AvX and the endless Choose sides events... I ready to ditch both.... SIGH

#20 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how how the next Engrossing Marvel Event involves Ultron as the antagonist, yet Hank Pym is nowhere to be found among the teasers; just the "blockbusters".

#21 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@AskaniSon295: OMG the wall is bleeding!! quick 12 cc of brick. we're losing him dammnit nurse!

#22 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA said:

If thought this was gonna be a spiderman & thor thing but.. nope its most likely Ultron fighting the Avengers

#23 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Tired of marvel events...

#24 Posted by Chaos Burn (1773 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron?

Knowing Marvel it will be awful though

#25 Posted by Ganthetsward20 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

I really am interested just based off the covers. But I will refuse to read it if they tie it in with all the AvX crap. I dont like it and will refuse to read this if is like that in any way.

#26 Posted by Grey56 (728 posts) - - Show Bio

@AskaniSon295: Doubletap ?

#27 Posted by fables87 (938 posts) - - Show Bio

How many wars does Marvel really need?

#28 Posted by Cavemold (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

This is event !

#29 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

No no no no, Marvel, you're breaking the tune. DC is already doing a War this year. Now it was your turn to do a Crisis. Why can't you ever play along?

#30 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@They Killed Cap! said:

Tired of marvel events...

This ^

#31 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we just have a 3 month cooling off period between events, please?

#32 Posted by B_Heart (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the teaser. We need more big events!

#33 Edited by brucecapell (101 posts) - - Show Bio

next teaser will be either be hulk (limp hand) or spiderman (shredded spider suit)

#34 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106:

September, and this apparently starts literally the next month.

Sigh. Do you hate my money Marvel?

#35 Posted by Tchokes (81 posts) - - Show Bio

They should make a series of these:

"This is STUPID."

It would sum up their events pretty well.

#36 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

Image comics and all the little comics houses must be buying champagne by the gallon: Marvel is steadily ruining its business. At one point, even the very young generations will get tired of reading stories ruining the characters and revolving around shallow plots.

#37 Posted by Novemberx2 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Could an event based in the Ultimate Universe...following out of Divided We Stand?

#38 Posted by Dragonage2ftw (42 posts) - - Show Bio

"Real writes" What does that mean? Also, I hope your joking about the thunderbolts and all those other people sucking, because if you aren't, then I can't take your post that seriously. Also, a marvel reboot is the last thing we need. If anything, the DC reboot made things more convoluted and crazy then per reboot was.

#39 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

No no no no, Marvel, you're breaking the tune. DC is already doing a War this year. Now it was your turn to do a Crisis. Why can't you ever play along?

I lol'd at this for a good minute.

#40 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8865 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Monarch: I agree they never really give any hints of what the event is actally about.

#41 Posted by jaredbright (204 posts) - - Show Bio

They would tell us what it's about, but like Civil War, don't plan it out or northing. They just write it as they go along. :)

Wait, am I right about Civil War?

#42 Posted by katanalauncher (937 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear Marvel:

STOP PUTTING OUT ****ING EVENTS!!!!!!!!

Sincerely.

#43 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

AvX ends in September so i'm guessing this is part of the ramifications of that event. but then again.... what does Ultron have to do with anything?

#44 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2662 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel another event, Why?.................................ok I'll buy it

#45 Posted by Trodorne (2572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Webjaker said:

The NEW 52 (with a few exceptions) turned me from a DC guy into a Marvel guy, started reading their stuff and loving it - but now after AvX and the endless Choose sides events... I ready to ditch both.... SIGH

There are TONS of great titles outside of the big 2. if you don't like them just drop them and move to something that is not published by them.

#46 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

WHO THE *BLEEP* CARES?!?

#47 Posted by DrewHLMW (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno what these are about but whatever this next event is it has to actually change things.

like ultron war, which will be an event book eventually actually have Ultron WIN and set all the heroes books in an apocalyptic world ruled by ultron for about a year before you eventually defeat him and start to rebuild the world and continue as normal.

could be like what they did in 1996 when they transported the heroes to that alternate world but this time the repercussions actually effect 616. and there's no cop out, ultron wins and destroys the world. (think it was the onslaught saga)

at least change something, the events have no effect because nothing actually changes. after A vs. X what will change? the avengers and x-men will go back to fighting bad guys like nothing ever happened (Hope I'm wrong on this).

#48 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

::begins to cheer:: Ultron...Ultron...ULTRON!

#49 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he dies in it, too.

#50 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

I hope he dies in it, too.

you mean for the event and resurrect 2 months later?