Interview with Marcus To and Exclusive Preview: SENSATION COMICS FEATURING WONDER WOMAN Chapter 5

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The next chapter of SENSATION COMICS FEATURING WONDER WOMAN will be available tomorrow through the DC Comics App, Readdcentertainment.com, iBooks, comiXology.com, Google Play, Kindle Store, Nook Store.

Chapter 5 will be written by Ivan Cohen and feature art by Marcus To (with a cover by Gene Ha). We had the opportunity to talk to Marcus about working on this two-part story.

No Caption Provided

COMIC VINE: What has influenced your interpretation of the Wonder Woman costume?

MARCUS TO: As with a lot of fans of Wonder Woman, we all look up to guys like Terry Dodson, Phil Jimenez, and Adam Hughes for inspiration. But the overall attitude of how I draw Wonder Woman comes from a lot of the women of the UFC.

CV: This isn’t your first time drawing Wonder Woman, right?

MT: This is my first time that I’ve drawn her in canon. And to tell you the truth, I just can’t get enough!

CV: Because she’s such an iconic character, do you approach drawing her any differently than other characters?

MT: I try to approach every character differently. With Wonder Woman I tried to convey a strong, stoic character but to make sure that it doesn’t overshadow the caring side that I find most interesting about her.

CV: We’ve seen different artists take on her outfit. How many stars do you feel her costume bottom should have?

MT: I usually like to add no more than 6 but I really like the look of more stars. I just don’t want to draw them :P

CV: Since you’ve done some Digital First comics before, is there any difference in your approach to Digital First and regular comics?

MT: There is a bit of difference when doing digital first comics because of the dimensions we use. Splash pages don’t work and you have to be aware when having things break panel borders how it will read and break down when you’re swiping on the tablets.

CV: Can you tell us anything about the two-part story you’re doing?

MT: Our story will test Wonder Woman’s confidence in herself: when everything is against her can she overcome her own fears and self doubt?

CV: How much action can we expect?

MT: I think you can expect a fair amount of star-spangled action, enough to keep all the kids entertained!

Make sure you check out the first chapter, on sale tomorrow. Here's an exclusive preview at what you can expect.

SENSATION COMICS FEATURING WONDER WOMAN - Chapter 5

“Taketh Away” part 1 of 2! Wonder Woman faces her greatest peril as the Gods’ gifts are withdrawn one by one. And since their first gift was life, how far will her unraveling go?

Writer: Ivan Cohen

Artist: Marcus To

Cover Artist: Gene Ha

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Superwoman ftw!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Uh, oh. Diana angered the gods.

Avatar image for brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie
brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cool costume; great costume! The first two-part story in this by Gail Simone with WW in Gotham was GREAT, but it's been kinda a letdown since then. This looks really cool though!

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's coloring this? The colors remind me of the recent work on The Flash.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is supposed to be in canon--according to Marcus To at least--why are her colors Pre-DCnU then?

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

No Caption Provided

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WheatStalker

Why is there no Block/Ignore feature. Tired of this crap. ^

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why is there no Block/Ignore feature. Tired of this crap. ^

This.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks good

DrThanos91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

I look forward to this!

clayscarface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone else think this looks and reads like something awful? I mean...that dude's face...the costume being the wrong colors... And a visual medium like comics should never have to SAY how beautiful someone or something is. It should be evident in the art. I was super excited when I saw that Diana was getting a second solo book, but this has me pretty discouraged.

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers