Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

No one can write crime-noir graphic novels quite like Darwyn Cooke. The creator who brought us PARKER: THE HUNTER, THE OUTFIT will soon be bringing his third installment to the stunning graphic novel series, and we got our first peek at it today.

Earlier today IDW's Publisher and Editor-in-Chief Chris Ryall revealed a teaser image of Cooke's upcoming project based on Donald Westlake aka Richard Stark's 'Parker' novels, THE SCORE.

If you know anything about crime novels, then you might already be familiar with the term "score" which is sometimes used in reference to the loot in a burglary. So what can we expect to see in the upcoming graphic novel? Burglaries, explosions, hired guns and cops galore based on the teaser image. No news yet on the book's release date, but we can probably expect more Darwyn Cooke goodness very soon. Have you read Cooke's previous PARKER books? Are you looking forward to the next one?

Source: Robot 6

#1 Posted by Knetic2341 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that simple art style.

Never read any of the PARKER books, but that poster gets me interested.

#2 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll read anything Darwyn Cooke so this looks amazing!

#3 Posted by thechessclub (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

This!!!

#4 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

SCORE!

#5 Posted by ulrich200 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

@thechessclub said:

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

This!!!

#6 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

hell yeah!

#7 Posted by TypH (383 posts) - - Show Bio

not really sure what to think about this one, never really payed much attention to his stuff, might check it out at the comic book shop though if I come across it.

#8 Posted by DigitalDeviant (16 posts) - - Show Bio

This really grabs my attention, think ill have to check it out!

#9 Posted by playdohsrepublic (101 posts) - - Show Bio

The Parker novels are delicious bites of crime-fiction and Cooke's adaptations have, so far, captured the feel and texture of the novels while remaining faithful to the original stories. Highly recommended.

#10 Posted by MartinNL (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Working my way through the Parker Martini edition at the moment. What a brilliant book. I'm loving everything in that book. The oversized art, the extra's, the colors, the stories etc. The Score can't come soon enough. If you love books such as Criminal or Incognito or comics in general you should read the Parker books!

#11 Edited by ThomasElliot (362 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see Cooke continuing adaptations... I have to encourage everyone, if you've never read a Richard Stark Parker novel, you should. They are some of the best pulp-crime noir stories you'll read. They are also easy reads and very entertaining.

The movie Payback w/ Mel Gibson is actually a crappy adaptation of the first book, The Hunter.... but don't judge the books based on that one film.