Posted by G-Man (32168 posts) - - Show Bio

The truth may be out there and so is THE X-FILES. The landmark series is making its return to comics in a new deal between Twentieth Century Fox and IDW Publishing. The plan includes reprinting collections of the past comics published between 1995 and 2009. There have been past X-FILES comics published by Topps and Wildstorm. It won't just be reprinted stories as brand-new X-FILES comics will also be on the way.

IDW is excited about bringing the characters back and have been successful with other similarly themed series such as 30 DAYS OF NIGHT, DOCTOR WHO, LOCKE & KEY and others.

IDW's Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief Chris Ryall made the following statement:

Few shows have captured the zeitgeist and fans’ imaginations like THE X-FILES, and fewer shows still have left people hungry for more in the way this one did. Our new series will be picking up where the second film left off, which will hopefully be as exciting for fans to read as it is for us to develop.

A specific release date hasn't been announced yet. It will be sometime this year. The truth may be out there but now we'll see if the fans still are.

Staff
#1 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5515 posts) - - Show Bio

Will be checking this out!!

#2 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait! Still one of my favorite series!!!

#3 Posted by Trodorne (2584 posts) - - Show Bio

SHUT YOUR A**! awesome.

#4 Posted by longbowhunter (7044 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a crazy X-Files fan in the 90's. Still one of my favorite shows.

#5 Posted by butters911 (258 posts) - - Show Bio

Im down. The way the series ended the world was supposed to be ending in a few years

#6 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

IDW wants to destroy all the things I love.

#7 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome this will join Ghostbusters and TMNT then.

#8 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6611 posts) - - Show Bio

KEWL.

#9 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7025 posts) - - Show Bio

OMFG YES!!!!!! I <3 the X-files. This will be awesome.

#10 Posted by snootchie_bootchies (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Will Mars Attack Mulder and Sculley?

#11 Posted by MuyJingo (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

Since a third film is apparently not happening, I'll take this. Glad to see such an awesome show live on.

#12 Posted by Danial79 (2346 posts) - - Show Bio

This used to be my favourite show back in the day, but I don't think I would enjoy it as much in comic-form.

#13 Posted by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked X-Files back in the day - was the only show I really cared to watch - but I think it needs to evolve just a little. The last couple of seasons and the movies were very disappointing.

#14 Posted by Owie (3689 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a huge fan of the show, but never had any interest in the comics.  Not sure why exactly, maybe the stories need the touch of "real life" actors and filming to make the craziness of the stories work.  Plus I gotta admit I had a huge crush on Scully and ink and paper just ain't the same.

#15 Posted by Dud317 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Shut up and take my money!

#16 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy hell this is great news...!

#17 Posted by djetter0801 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Picks up after the second movie? Interesting. I would almost be more behind a general re-boot, but I'm interested in the direction this takes the first couple of issues.

#18 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

The Movie sucks...hope they do it better this time.

#19 Posted by BumpyBoo (8464 posts) - - Show Bio

OH MY GOD!!! **fangirl squeal** So excited!! :D

Moderator Online
#20 Posted by Kondorr (42 posts) - - Show Bio

I read this news yesterday and imidiatly started rewatching the show :)

Damn it is still graet... after all these years!

#21 Posted by LordRequiem (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

And just like in film, everything gets rebooted or rehashed because the 'idea men' have run out of ideas.