gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

Hulk #16 continues the Code Red story by Jeph Loeb and Ian Churchill.  As you may know, Red Hulk recruited a team of deadly heroes including Deadpool, Punisher, Elektra and more to capture Domino after she discovered his secret.  Domino brought in her X-Force pals to help her out and a battle ensued.  During this battle, we saw the debut of... Red She-Hulk.  The question remains, who side will she be on? 

Issue #16 will be on sale October 28, 2009.  It's written by Jeph Loeb with art and cover by Ian Churchill.  Ed McGuinness provides the Deadpool variant cover (seen above).  

I have to say that the Hulk series has been a fun ride, emphasis on fun.  I'm loving the mystery of who is Red Hulk and now we have Red She-Hulk.  Is it a bit much?  Maybe, but who cares.  Part of me doesn't want to find out who he is, Red She-Hulk also, for that matter.  I've always been a Hulk fan and I've been enjoying seeing a different take on the idea.  If we can have several spider-type characters or feral-mutant type characters, what's the big deal about seeing different Hulk-type characters?  I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts.

No Caption Provided
The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By The_Warlord

this is different....

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

Has Deadpool been working out?

The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The Hottness

Red She-Hulk omg... O_0
crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crazed_h3ro

wonder who is red she-hulk...anyone?
mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mattydeNero

Has #1-12 been collected in a trade or hardcover yet?  I know it's a dumb question.  Guess I can look it up...
Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bruce Vain

Deadpool should have a caption that says " What , me worry?" lol
archangel0127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By archangel0127

Stab in the dark, is She-Rulk Domino

Here me out she has the guns, the black leathery uniform and some big arse knives eh,eh??    

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck

That sorta seems likely but her eye-spot is missing.  Not that it would necessarily have to be there.  In the last issue, she and Elektra were fighting.  Maybe this Red She-Hulk came across them both and took Domino's gun and Elektra's sai.

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King Quisling

She-Rulk?! WHY?

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Queen's Halo

Maybe the Red She-Hulk is a combination of Elektra and Domino. They must have combined when the "Spoiler" Red Hulk's team attacked them and the bar, where they were fighting, exploded.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck
@King Quisling said:
" She-Rulk?! WHY? "
Because the Blue She-Hulk was busy.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@King Quisling said:
" She-Rulk?! WHY? "
Because Jeph Loeb makes me smile. The Red Hulk book is popcorn popping fun!
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#13  Edited By xerox_kitty

I still say she's a bizarre Domino-Elektra-Thundra composite.  She has:  

Dom's leather outfit & an automatic weapon; 
Elektra's sai; and 
Thundra's huge muscles & general physique.

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King Quisling
@G-Man: @inferiorego:  -SIGH- Loeb has lost his mind. I've said it before, can't blame him. Even since he lost his son his writing has been a bit out of whack but this is just getting stupid. He should retire before any great stories he's written get over shadow by his c&@p stories. 
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@King Quisling said:
" @G-Man: @inferiorego:  -SIGH- Loeb has lost his mind. I've said it before, can't blame him. Even since he lost his son his writing has been a bit out of whack but this is just getting stupid. He should retire before any great stories he's written get over shadow by his c&@p stories.  "
I hated Hulk for a while, but read every issue. But his writing is the comic form of an Arnold movie, pure explosive fun. And I'm actually liking how in the newest Hulk issue Loeb is slowly making Red Hulk less of a villain.
King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King Quisling
@inferiorego: I read the first 2 arcs of Hulk, which I'll admit started with a bang. But it's been two years and Rulk has gotten practically nowhere. Almost every other issue is just filler and seems like almost random ideas Loeb just crams together. I mean.... Punisher, Deadpool, Domino, Elektra, kinda seems like he was like "Oh man fanboys LOVE these characters, I'm sure they'll help sales on my book." 
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xerox_kitty
@inferiorego said:
"I hated Hulk for a while, but read every issue. But his writing is the comic form of an Arnold movie, pure explosive fun. And I'm actually liking how in the newest Hulk issue Loeb is slowly making Red Hulk less of a villain. "
That's actually a really good way of summing it up.  I've only bought the last couple of issues because of X-Force's involvement (even though I knew it wouldn't be anything ground-breaking continuity wise).  And compared to the main X-Force title there isn't the usual finesse, pacing or time for characterisation... But if you start to think of it in terms of a giant action packed blockbuster movie then it makes perfect sense!  And makes it a lot more easier to read. 

On a separate note, I'm tired of the Loeb-bashing.  Unless someone has suffered the death of a child, then they don't really have grounds to comment on his tragic family history.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone! 
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@King Quisling: He doesn't really need help with sales since the book does fine on it's own. I don't expect anything in depth with that book personally, just a lot of fun and a hint or two each month of how the red hulk is.

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19  Edited By DMC
@xerox-kitty said:
" I still say she's a bizarre Domino-Elektra-Thundra composite.  She has:   Dom's leather outfit & an automatic weapon; Elektra's sai; and Thundra's huge muscles & general physique. "
wouldn't be surprised if you were right.   Either Red Hulk captures them or collects some DNA samples for AIM, hair blood whatever. Mix it together with Jen Walters as the base and "voila!!"
Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By Nahero

i approve

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xerox_kitty
@DMC said:
"wouldn't be surprised if you were right.   Either Red Hulk captures them or collects some DNA samples for AIM, hair blood whatever. Mix it together with Jen Walters as the base and "voila!!" "
Stranger things have happened in comics...!
King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By King Quisling
@inferiorego: It's sales were falling a bit during the Defenders/Offenders arc. Issue 500, which was actually pretty fun, totally boasted the sales. Although according to my local comic supplier, the sales have been slowly weaning off each passing month. But yeah, Rulk works for MODOK..... that's kinda sad. Not many self respecting super-criminals would work for that guy. Unless of course Rulk got his powers from him. I loved the theory that Rulk may be Banners rages embodied really had me sticking to the book but now that that's blow out of the water I sorta lost interest. Like he said in 500, who he is really doesn't matter and the mystery of Rulk is just keeping your eye from the "big picture." But the I don't think that the big picture will amount to much of anything worth a d@mn and there are books out there with much better action and more exciting story-lines so I'll be staying far from Hulk. I think what was the overall "Gosh, I'm  probably dropping this book" moment for me was when Rulk punch the Watcher and called him a pervert or something like that. Too corny for my taste. No offense to anyone who really digs the series. Just my opinion. 
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@King Quisling: the defenders/offenders thing kind of bored me. Issue 600 was great though. Green Hulk is gone and it sets up this new mystery of how powerful or what Red Hulk actually is. The newest Issue of Red Hulk, Loeb starts making the reader a little more sympathetic to the character and he's less of a bast@rd. I'm enjoying it immensely...
King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By King Quisling
@inferiorego: Aw man, that made me sad. It's like Rulk already is crazy powerful but now all the sudden he can suck Gamma powers right out of people? Why didn't he do that the first time they fought or the times he fought She-Hulk. It seems like Loeb is just adding powers as he writes. Honestly I think Rulk has potential, I'd just love to see some other writers take him up. First choice would be Greg Pak. The way he writes Hulk-related characters is amazing. I think under a new helm Rulk could be incredible. 
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@King Quisling said:
" @inferiorego: Aw man, that made me sad. It's like Rulk already is crazy powerful but now all the sudden he can suck Gamma powers right out of people? Why didn't he do that the first time they fought or the times he fought She-Hulk. It seems like Loeb is just adding powers as he writes. Honestly I think Rulk has potential, I'd just love to see some other writers take him up. First choice would be Greg Pak. The way he writes Hulk-related characters is amazing. I think under a new helm Rulk could be incredible.  "
I agree with the Pak point. Incredible Hulk right now is a really interesting read, and it's all based off of Loeb's writing from 600
King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By King Quisling
@inferiorego: Lol cuz Pak is such a great writer he can take Loeb whacky plots and make them epic. :P
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Decept-O

I got in on all this a bit late in the game but I've been enjoying all I've been reading.  It has actually prompted my brother to go to a comic book store, something he's not done for a long time.  He's into this too.  It's fun, I like guessing who Red Hulk might be and now a Red She-Hulk, why not?  

I think some people are GREEN with envy they didn't think of something like this.  The kick in the pants the Hulk stories have needed. 
Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Media_Master

Red She-hulk looks kinda kinky.

Avatar image for breaker_envoy_of_setron
Breaker envoy of Setron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol love the Deadpool thingy XD

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gregomasta

Will there be a yellow hulk, then blue hulk, then violet hulk, then orange hulk, then indigo hulk, then a giant event with a black hulk who is a resurrected Captain America?  Cause I'd buy those comics.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By gmanfromheck

There already is a Blue Hulk.  He appears on the last page of Red Hulk's comics.

No Caption Provided
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By joshmightbe
@Gregomasta:
call it the hulk corps.
jonasLighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jonasLighter

It's probably Electra.  Who else in the Marvel Universe carries a sai for a weapon?

jonasLighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jonasLighter
@crazed h3ro: 
It's probably Electra.  Who else in the Marvel Universe carries a sai for a weapon?    
Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Gregomasta
@G-Man: So what you're saying is I should start buying comics?
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By gmanfromheck
@Gregomasta: Sure, why not?
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By bumnut
@inferiorego said:
" @King Quisling said:
" She-Rulk?! WHY? "
Because Jeph Loeb makes me smile. The Red Hulk book is popcorn popping fun! "

If it was self contained and set outside of Marvel continuity, i'd agree!
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By xerox_kitty
@G-Man said:
"There already is a Blue Hulk.  He appears on the last page of Red Hulk's comics.

"

There's also been a Blue Hulk in issue one of the latest Strange Tales volume.  He just burbled and made strange noises :p
SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

It looks like it is going to be good

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By Calvin
@Decept-O said:

"I got in on all this a bit late in the game but I've been enjoying all I've been reading.  It has actually prompted my brother to go to a comic book store, something he's not done for a long time.  He's into this too.  It's fun, I like guessing who Red Hulk might be and now a Red She-Hulk, why not?   I think some people are GREEN with envy they didn't think of something like this.  The kick in the pants the Hulk stories have needed.  "

Red Hulk = OK; Red She-Hulk = COME ON MAN!  

I mean is too, too.... "perfect". We got a Hulk and a She-Hulk. Then Red Hulks arive, so let's make a Red She-hulk! - I love symmetry but COME ON!!  
Hadez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By Hadez

funn funn I'm gunna read it

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42  Edited By InnerVenom123

*FACEPALM* And there goes Loeb to make Deadpool sound like sh*t, just like everything else he's written recently. *Points to Ultimatum*
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By Nighthunter
@xerox-kitty said:
" @DMC said:
"wouldn't be surprised if you were right.   Either Red Hulk captures them or collects some DNA samples for AIM, hair blood whatever. Mix it together with Jen Walters as the base and "voila!!" "
Stranger things have happened in comics...! "

No Caption Provided
NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By NXH

lol - thats awesome!! ive never follow on any of the red hulk comics, but i might check this out as it has deadpool, x-force and the punisher on it.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By King_Saturn
Aw Damn... Thats a Sick Cover
BioshadowTh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BioshadowTh

more inportan why is deadpool with the hulk
KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator
@Gregomasta said:
" Will there be a yellow hulk, then blue hulk, then violet hulk, then orange hulk, then indigo hulk, then a giant event with a black hulk who is a resurrected Captain America?  Cause I'd buy those comics. "

No Caption Provided