• 103 results
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

When DC relaunched their books, they didn't just give their characters new costume changes, they gave them new origin stories and new identities as well -- and that includes some characters who we may have originally believed to have been left untouched. In issue's #6 and #7 of the SUICIDE SQUAD, writer Adam Glass will reveal the "new origin" of the crown Princess of Pain, Harley Quinn.

The story arc titled "The Hunt For Harley Quinn" will literally be a hunt for Harley through the streets of Gotham City. Her former teammates will embark on a search for her, and what they will discover will be her true origin story.

SUICIDE SQUAD #6 Cover by Paul Renauld
SUICIDE SQUAD #6 Cover by Paul Renauld

If you've been reading the series then you're probably thinking to yourself, well, the character has seemed pretty much the same. She is still a former psychiatrist who can't help but be drawn to the Joker and the inner workings of his mind and his toxic personality. But what about her? What do we really know about Harley before she met the Joker? Does she have dark secrets hidden away in her past that caused her to go crazy, or did something just snap when she met Batman's biggest nemesis?

== TEASER ==

According to DC Editor Pat McCallum, the end of Harley's story arc won't end on a happy note and "not all" members of the Suicide Squad will survive. This was followed by "Deadshot fans be warned." Interesting. What do you think of DC's plans to tweak Harley's origins? What would you like to see happen? The sixth issue of SUICIDE SQUAD and part one of "The Hunt for Harley Quinn" hits stores on February 8th, 2012. The arc will be written by Adam Glass with art by Tom Raney and Paul Renauld. Are you looking forward to digging deeper into Harley's story?

SUICIDE SQUAD #7 Cover by Ivan Reis and Eber Ferreira
SUICIDE SQUAD #7 Cover by Ivan Reis and Eber Ferreira

Source: DC Source

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Would they really kill Deadshot this soon after the reboot?

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By cosmo111687

:(

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

well at least we knew where Jokers faceis so thats a plus right?

Wattup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Wattup

I miss the old Harley with the jester hat with little pom-poms on it. 8 (

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Billy Batson

intrasting...
BB

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By iLLituracy

This sounds stupid.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ArtisticNeedham
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I really liked the origin that Paul Dini, her creator, came up with. She was a psychiatrist in Arkham, the Joker saw her as someone he could manipulate. He got into her head and eventually she became his lackey or sidekick. She broke him out. I liked it, for one reason, because it showed that Joker was a very dangerous man. Even locked up he can still be a threat, just with his words and his mind. I also liked that Joker sort of built his own Joker family similar to how Batman built his own Bat Family with Robin, Nightwing, Gordon, Batgirl, and others. I don't know much about her character on her own though, and I haven't read her in this either. But I thought her origin was pretty good in the DCUA.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

oh boy...get ready for the fanboys and girls to complain, it'll be a riot

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#9  Edited By Joygirl

I totally called it! I said she'd find that face! :D On that note... I'm f$&%ing terrified that they're gonna ruin her even more. Please, Adam Glass, be gentle. I can't take much more. She's my favorite.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By jsphsmth

I love the leeway that Glass has on this comic. You don't know who will survive each issue.

Doubt they will kill Deadshot though. He has been the standout character, in my opinion.

Avatar image for tashofthefuture
TashoftheFuture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By TashoftheFuture

I hate new Suicide Squad, and after that debacle in Issue 3, i fear for Harley Quinns Origin.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By One_Eye

That would really suck! I like Deadshot.

NyxEquitis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NyxEquitis

Kill Deadshot already? Really?

HolyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HolyAvenger

I miss Harley Quinn. The New 52 version sucks in my opinion.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By cosmo111687

@ArtisticNeedham said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I really liked the origin that Paul Dini, her creator, came up with. She was a psychiatrist in Arkham, the Joker saw her as someone he could manipulate. He got into her head and eventually she became his lackey or sidekick. She broke him out. I liked it, for one reason, because it showed that Joker was a very dangerous man. Even locked up he can still be a threat, just with his words and his mind. I also liked that Joker sort of built his own Joker family similar to how Batman built his own Bat Family with Robin, Nightwing, Gordon, Batgirl, and others. I don't know much about her character on her own though, and I haven't read her in this either. But I thought her origin was pretty good in the DCUA.

I completely agree.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jsphsmth

The new Harley rocks. She was completely wasted in Gotham City Sirens. She definitely needed a reboot.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By dernman

Kill Deadshot nooooooooo.  
Oh man I really hope they don't mess up Harley.  

I can feel my FANBOY RAGE COMING!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By InnerVenom123

@ArtisticNeedham said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The concept was good, but the execution wasn't. All he does is tell her a sob story and a few jokes and she instantly falls in love with him for no reason at all.

Gordo789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19  Edited By Gordo789

I like this book, and I sincerely doubt they'll permanently kill deadshot. I'm hoping things get better with #4, as issue #3 was kind of a let-down.

Mokey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mokey

Why would you change the origin story? It's perfect.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21  Edited By FoxxFireArt

A new origin could be really interesting for Harley, but will it mean for a new direction for her? A different origin is pretty pointless without a new outcome. It's just a different path to the same destination.

Harley is pretty much the comic book example of the Battered Wife Syndrome. He abuses her physically and emotionally, treats her bad, but she will make every excuse for him.

" -- and "not all" members of the Suicide Squad will survive. "

I love this line. Given the name. That's hardly a shock.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

@ArtisticNeedham: I agree Paul Dini made a great origins for her

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DEGRAAF

I liked her origins but i wil hold my opinion on the new one until after i see what it is

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#24  Edited By pspin

I llike how in SS they captured the "crazy" of Harly, it was an interesting spin and separated her from Joker-Wannabe Girl. My guess is that they will not change how she met Joker and fell in love with him or whatever, but the motivation in her personal life before going to Arkam and meeting Joker

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By CATPANEXE

I'm not really phased. I love Harley so I'll stick by whatever she goes through.

As well I don't seem to have had the issue with continuity many have, as I recognize DCnU for what it is, a new timeline

and reality, ie: alternate timeline alternate reality. So yeah, new take on everything is to be expected. I just hope it at least compliments the original. Prior to this mentality taking hold and speaking of Harley and her " original " origin, I recall actually being unnerved though not in a great measure when she was brought into DC canon proper the first time from the animated series, as there were small details about here origin changed, and of course minute ones to her look as well. But the thing I should have understood then was that when Harley was adopted from the cartoon to the comics themselves, I was actually reading an alternate version of the fantastic Ms.Q right then and there, one who was adapted to the new timeline and stories now surrounding her, as is this. In the end it never taints the original, that always stands alone, and any motion fore ward from the original of any character or story, can never be the original and that's just the sheer logic of it. I'm looking fore ward to all this.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By MrMazz

So thats where his face went

Sekele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By Sekele

well, seeing as this series created several new characters only to immediately kill them off, it's kinda obvioust that not everyone will survive

I'm ok with this Harley in general, but so far King Shark's been my favorite

nom, nom, nom

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Larkin1388

This should be interesting.

Mayo88m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mayo88m

They're not really changing the origin, they're just going further back into her past. If any of you read the article it says that she was still a psychiatrist, and that was how she met the Joker. The story is just going to dig a little deeper into her life BEFORE this point.

Also, I personally love the newer Harley, she's great stuff. Her lines in the comic are both fun, and dark like her character should be I think. Also, I like the edgier outfit she wears. It brings a more adult feel to her than the old one.

Finally, I doubt they're going to actually kill Deadshot. They may, just to shake things up, but the teaser is probably alluding to something else while hoping to stir up interest in the series. I'm betting he either gets seriously injured, or maybe fakes a death, but I doubt dying is in his cards. Still, that's part of my allure for the Suicide Squad, they're so apt to just off a character it keeps it interesting.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@CATPANEXE:  

I'm not really phased. I love Harley so I'll stick by whatever she goes through.

As well I don't seem to have had the issue with continuity many have, as I recognize DCnU for what it is, a new timeline

and reality, ie: alternate timeline alternate reality. So yeah, new take on everything is to be expected. I just hope it at least compliments the original. Prior to this mentality taking hold and speaking of Harley and her " original " origin, I recall actually being unnerved though not in a great measure when she was brought into DC canon proper the first time from the animated series, as there were small details about here origin changed, and of course minute ones to her look as well. But the thing I should have understood then was that when Harley was adopted from the cartoon to the comics themselves, I was actually reading an alternate version of the fantastic Ms.Q right then and there, one who was adapted to the new timeline and stories now surrounding her, as is this. In the end it never taints the original, that always stands alone, and any motion fore ward from the original of any character or story, can never be the original and that's just the sheer logic of it. I'm looking fore ward to all this.

this just might be the greatest post i've ever read on here.....   
so much win
KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By KidSupreme
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32  Edited By Final Arrow
@iLLituracy said:
This sounds stupid.
Yes it fecking does...
Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Or35ti

I don't know anything about Harley's previous origin so I'm interested to see what's going on.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GREGalicious

I love HARLEY so im interested in learning more about her past. Still miss the old look tho:-(

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kidchipotle

I've actually grown to really like Deadshot and his new look, so killing him off so early would really be a big disappointment. I like King Shark, Harley, and Deadshot, so I hope they keep them on as long as possible...but the rest...feel free to exterminate.

EDIT: Perhaps they're not going to physically kill off deadshot, but possibly jokerize him mentally which could be the explanation for the newly discovered joker carved face over Deadshot's.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AlKusanagi

Not Paul Dini = screw you DC!

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Not Deadshot! Harley! I hope stay the same...

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By doordoor123

WHy is this article made? It'll only cause an uproar.

Ran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ran

I actually like this ideal of giving her an REAL origin that will hopefully replace her horrible weak minded begins. Also i don't think they kill kill Deadshot ,he's the only thing that keeps me reading that book, I think they are just going to have him kill some one that fans of Deadshot will feel villainies him. Perhaps they will have him kill diablo cause personally i fell he's just stereotypical dead wait. 

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40  Edited By Omega-Man

If anyone hasn't noticed this Harley isn't wearing make up even in an issue of SS she says she has a skin condition, so she has naturally white skin just like Joker does, I'm not sure how this came about or if I'm happy with it since to me most of the characters in the new 52 don't seem right to me. Don't get me wrong I like some of the stories but I more or less class these as elseworlds because of how much they have changed alot of characters some work while alot of others don't and leave too big of a plot hole in other stories that make no sense since according to DC it's still a soft reboot as some are unchanged like GL but the stories affect other things so yeah it's a confusing mess.

To be honest they should have Given Harley her Arkham city look.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

@InnerVenom123: It was a kids cartoon show, and it was a cartoon show, so they made it quick and kid friendly. The montage was meant to show that it started out with Joker talking to her and eventually manipulated her into following him. You could transfer that idea into the more mature comics where its him talking to her, after sizing her up, about stories that will relate the most to her and manipulate her the most. I think the execution was done well for a cartoon show, but in DC comics would have been more in depth and darker.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By dernman
@Power_Plug:  She wasn't week minded. She was just obsessed.  
@Omega-Man : Yeah I noticed that. I'm not very fond of her skin naturally being that color.
Mayo88m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mayo88m

@Power_Plug said:

I actually like this ideal of giving her an REAL origin that will hopefully replace her horrible weak minded begins. Also i don't think they kill kill Deadshot ,he's the only thing that keeps me reading that book, I think they are just going to have him kill some one that fans of Deadshot will feel villainies him. Perhaps they will have him kill diablo cause personally i fell he's just stereotypical dead wait.

Yeah, I hate Diablo's character too. He really weighs down the fun of the book with his incessant whining about how they should play nice. I get they're trying to make some kind of character plot dynamic here, but it just comes off as annoying to me, and I do hope he dies a horrible death.

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By Cafeterialoca

The new Suicide Squad book is awful.

Skinny Amanda Walker, no mustache Deadshot, and just endless shockvalue.

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#45  Edited By StarKiller809

I really like this book. Harley's costume did bug me a bit but the series has been fantastic. I really like this idea. I really, REALLY wonder what they are going to do to Deadshot. They kill him off, I'll still read but you've made me very angry! I really hope they don't do it. Anyways, the story arch seems interesting and I can't wait to read it.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BatteredArmor

This series is so awesome!!! I'm a little worried but if they were gonna kill Deadshot they wouldn't tell us right.....right :( ?

Hopefully it's El Diablo I don't like him

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#47  Edited By The Impersonator

Deadshot is going to be dead? O___O

Dakotax6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dakotax6

I'm really liking the series so far, but if Deadshot gets killed off I'm going to be so PISSED. Deadshot is the only reason I'm getting Suicide Squad, I wouldn't be able to follow this series if Deadshot was... dead. Glass... Don't even think about it.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BatteredArmor

@jsphsmth said:

The new Harley rocks. She was completely wasted in Gotham City Sirens. She definitely needed a reboot.

QFT

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By zackattack529

those covers look awesome! especiaally issue #7! and is that jokers face! so im assuming that detective comics will tie into this somehow? awesome!